Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Old TV Shows      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ree734
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Old TV ShowsPage 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
My favorites were
Father Knows best
The****Van Dyke Show
I Love Lucy
Andy of Mayberry
and on Sunday evenings either Family Classics or Mutual of Omaha's wild kindom....My mom was a science teacher and we had to watch educational stuff. But it was great.
 sequoyah61
Msg: 52
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/16/2009 6:33:30 PM
Most of the TV shows I grew up with have already been mentioned. However, I do remember the variety shows that were aired live. Those were a total hoot! Various comedians and stars would be guests and, inevitably, someone would get tickled and blow their lines.

And does anyone remember the Tennessee Ernie Ford Show? My Mom was soo-o-o-o in love with him. I loved to watch her watching him!

This little stroll down memory lane has been nice. Thanks to all!

Sequoyah
 torgo70
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/17/2009 5:52:21 AM

and on Sunday evenings either Family Classics or Mutual of Omaha's wild kindom

I completely forgot about Wild Kingdom we use to watch that every Sunday also.
 torgo70
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/17/2009 6:06:55 AM

Lot of times I will watch TV land. We do not have the good comedies anymore like Night Court, Cheers, Three's Company, Seinfeld, Green Acres, and Family Ties.

TV Land used to be one of my favorite channels, but they have gone into the toilet....reality show, movies, marathoning moderns shows like CSI. Even their classic shows are getting edited to make more room for commercials.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/17/2009 2:38:12 PM
Anyone mention The Ghost and Mrs. Muir yet?

T'was another oldie but goodie.

*cheers with a green beer*

~ds~
 Jim in NB
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/17/2009 4:41:09 PM
I am really surprised more people are mentioning Beverley Hillbillies. That is a timeless show. Someone mentioned Sunday nights - I remember sitting down and watching Walt Disney Sunday nights in the sixties - for awhile after they would be on re-runs but you never see or hear of them anymore, anywhere. I have this thought that maybe they were a little out of sync with the changing times in the sixties let alone since. I am thinking Walt had pretty well defined places for all people in society that would not reflect well on him or the Disney Empire. Other people's thoughts?
 torgo70
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/17/2009 6:13:52 PM

My ex girlfriend got me hooked on I love Lucy. Now I watch it on TV land if I see that it is on. I used the candy factory clip for a lesson I was teaching last semester. The kids laughed, and I know very few of them had ever seen the show before. It only proved how good the show was that it could make today's kids laugh. I recently saw an episode where Lucy was trying to sell meat in a butcher shop out of a baby carriage....lol. The show was zany and way ahead of its time.

One of the things I always enjoyed about I Love Lucy were the 'continuing episodes'- like with their trip to Hollywood, unlike in modern sitcoms where it would be just a 2 part episode, I Love Lucy's spanded multiple episodes. The episodes leading up to the roadtrip to Hollywood, the episodes during the roadtrip, then the many episodes in Hollywood, then episodes after the trip and back home. They did the same for their European and Florida trip(though there were fewer Florida episodes)
 Summerwinds77
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/20/2009 8:19:41 PM
Sunday evenings definitely included Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, The Wonderful World of Disney (remember Gallagher?) and I am surprised no one has mentioned The Ed Sullivan Show! How about Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In? The more I watch Route 66 the more I love it...
 Summerwinds77
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/20/2009 8:27:57 PM
One more show that just came to mind..."Winchell-Mahoney Time".
 torgo70
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/21/2009 5:48:19 AM
Quincy MD, I forgot that one, love this show- CSI before there was a CSI.

The White Shadow, I'm not a basketball fan but I like this show. They reran it a few years ago on ESPN Classics.

I recently picked up on DVD- The Colgate Comedy Hour with Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis, I think there is about 20 episodes in the set. Very funny, like with Tim Conway and Harvey Korman on the Carol Burnett Show, Jerry is always trying to make Dean laugh.
 torgo70
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/21/2009 5:50:08 AM

Well...well..well..The host of Souuuuuuuuuuul Traaaaaaaaain got 3 years probation for spousal battery I thought the fella was dead..Good thing I wasn't the judge I woulda sentenced him to watching American Bandstand 12 hours a day for 6 months...

Don't forget to throw some 'Dance Fever' in there.
 torgo70
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/22/2009 5:50:59 AM

One of my all time favs was the Night Stalker with Darren McGavin, I think it inspired many other creepy shows that are on today.

Chris Carter did say it was his inspiration for The X-Files.
 RDtoo
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/22/2009 11:35:33 AM
I would bet the old show "the Invaders" with Roy Thinnes was also an inspiration for the X-files. Wish they would rerun that one.
 blitznboltz
Msg: 64
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/22/2009 10:57:55 PM
I think The Wild Wild West was one of my faves. The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits (do not attempt to adjust your set) lol. How many of you remember Combat? Also Rawhide with a very young Clint Eastwood, wow there were some good shows back then

Edit...Another show I loved that was a little later was The Night Gallery
 torgo70
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/27/2009 8:39:01 AM

WKRP

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"

I think my favorite WKRP moment is when Mr. Carlson puts cocaine on his foot, thinking it was foot powder. He starts hitting his foot with his shoe, saying "I have a monkey on my foot!"
 jadegreen
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/27/2009 9:06:17 AM
I watch old sitcoms and shows often...I'm waiting for Reality TV to phase out.....
Thank god for the channels that show the older shows...My son, who is 17, likes older shows sometimes too...
 torgo70
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 3/28/2009 8:04:11 AM
'Night Flight'(USA Network) In the 80's before late night became dominated by infomercials we had great shows like this. Through the night 'Night Flight' would air obscure and offbeat movies, music videos, cartoons, and short films.

'Commander USA's Groovie Movies' Also on USA Network in the 80's. The Commander was an out- of- shape retired super hero who would host cheesy horror flicks(movies like The Children and Toxic Zombies), B-movies, and some short films. His sidekick was named Lefty(it was a smiley face drawn on his hand with a cigar)
 Summerwinds77
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 5/21/2009 2:39:31 PM
A friend of mine gave me a DVD of the TV show "M Squad" starring Lee Marvin. Does anyone remember this show? It was set in Chicago and aired in the late 1950's. The theme music was performed by Count Basie. An interesting trivia item: One episode of M Squad featured a crooked Chicago cop who was taking bribes. Mayor Daley saw this episode and was so angry that he banned any TV show or movie from being filmed in Chicago. The ban lasted until 1979 when Mayor Byrne allowed the "Blues Brothers" movie to be filmed in Chicago. The rest is history...
 itechman63
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 5/21/2009 3:37:14 PM
How many times have we seen the old Andy Griffith Shows and still our sides hurt from laughing so damned hard? Can you beat Barney reciting the Preamble to the Constitution? Or his rant about dogs being safe in thunderstorms but those high and mighty giraffes would be in danger? It's not all peanut butter and jelly when those steel doors clang shut.

Great writing and masterful comedic delivery is timeless. Don Knotts was a superstar. His films were hilarious even. Attaboy Luther!
 Summerwinds77
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 5/21/2009 4:51:59 PM
Don Knotts made that show a success. When he left in 1965 the show was never the same and only lasted three more seasons. One of my favorite characters on that show was Ernest T. Bass. Barney would beg Andy to take Ernest T. out back to the alley in order to slap him around and Andy would reply "He'd kill ya!". Another favorite was when Barney took judo lessons to take on Fred the grocery store clerk. And how about when Barney bought a stolen car from a group of car thieves led by a little old lady?
 Andrew_2424
Msg: 71
Old TV Shows
Posted: 5/21/2009 5:31:42 PM
Is Seinfeld considerd an old TV show? I have been watching all the Seinfeld dvd's, and can't imagine there will ever be a show as funny as this one. At least not on any of the major networks. Kramer was the star of the show, but George Costanza made me laugh harder than anyone I have ever seen on TV. "George is gettin ANGRY!!"
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 5/21/2009 5:40:51 PM
Peter Gunn, Mr Lucky, Tightrope, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Honey West, Men Into Space, any of the Irwin Allen SF shows... even QM did some decent SF.

If today's producers must rob ideas from past success, they really should steal quality.
 barbee1970
Msg: 73
Old TV Shows
Posted: 5/21/2009 10:45:10 PM
I don't remember those shows as I was a child of the '70s. I call these reality shows "garbage tv". Cougar? Give me a break. As long as my sons are not part of that show I'll be fine.
 rdunton
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 10/5/2009 4:02:20 PM
I liked alot of the older TV shows. They are much better than some of the garbage on TV now. My most favorite older TV show is Perfect Strangers. Thankfully, they released the 1st and 2nd season on DVD. I'm hoping for more seasons to be released.
 strollinbella
Msg: 75
Old TV Shows
Posted: 10/5/2009 4:38:56 PM
The Fugitive, Eddie's Father, My Three Sons, Car 54, Room 222, White Shadow.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Old TV Shows