Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Old TV Shows      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 itechman63
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Old TV ShowsPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
How many times have we seen the old Andy Griffith Shows and still our sides hurt from laughing so damned hard? Can you beat Barney reciting the Preamble to the Constitution? Or his rant about dogs being safe in thunderstorms but those high and mighty giraffes would be in danger? It's not all peanut butter and jelly when those steel doors clang shut.

Great writing and masterful comedic delivery is timeless. Don Knotts was a superstar. His films were hilarious even. Attaboy Luther!
 Summerwinds77
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 5/21/2009 4:51:59 PM
Don Knotts made that show a success. When he left in 1965 the show was never the same and only lasted three more seasons. One of my favorite characters on that show was Ernest T. Bass. Barney would beg Andy to take Ernest T. out back to the alley in order to slap him around and Andy would reply "He'd kill ya!". Another favorite was when Barney took judo lessons to take on Fred the grocery store clerk. And how about when Barney bought a stolen car from a group of car thieves led by a little old lady?
 Andrew_2424
Msg: 71
Old TV Shows
Posted: 5/21/2009 5:31:42 PM
Is Seinfeld considerd an old TV show? I have been watching all the Seinfeld dvd's, and can't imagine there will ever be a show as funny as this one. At least not on any of the major networks. Kramer was the star of the show, but George Costanza made me laugh harder than anyone I have ever seen on TV. "George is gettin ANGRY!!"
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 5/21/2009 5:40:51 PM
Peter Gunn, Mr Lucky, Tightrope, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Honey West, Men Into Space, any of the Irwin Allen SF shows... even QM did some decent SF.

If today's producers must rob ideas from past success, they really should steal quality.
 barbee1970
Msg: 73
Old TV Shows
Posted: 5/21/2009 10:45:10 PM
I don't remember those shows as I was a child of the '70s. I call these reality shows "garbage tv". Cougar? Give me a break. As long as my sons are not part of that show I'll be fine.
 rdunton
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Old TV Shows
Posted: 10/5/2009 4:02:20 PM
I liked alot of the older TV shows. They are much better than some of the garbage on TV now. My most favorite older TV show is Perfect Strangers. Thankfully, they released the 1st and 2nd season on DVD. I'm hoping for more seasons to be released.
 strollinbella
Msg: 75
Old TV Shows
Posted: 10/5/2009 4:38:56 PM
The Fugitive, Eddie's Father, My Three Sons, Car 54, Room 222, White Shadow.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Old TV Shows