Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 3
Paintings & pictures ?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I have heaps of paintings in my home.......all very old-worldy & certainly not every persons' taste...but,i love things from another era & HATE modern stuff.

But,id suggest you buy something that 'grabs' you........its a very personal thing & you'll get a feel about it when you see it & feel that you just have to have it !!

Ive bought stuff from junk shops,antique shops,& markets.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Paintings & pictures ?
Posted: 11/15/2008 1:14:07 AM
^^ I am the opposite to you, I love modern art... Especially if it's textured ... I don't have a decent piece as yet, I am off to the local college to commission some ..

I also don't do family portraits.. Hate the idea of looking at me on the wall.. Ew ew ew...
 tampasmiles
Msg: 6
Paintings & pictures ?
Posted: 8/15/2012 4:11:52 PM
I only have sketches of celebrities on my walls...anything I draw or paint..or even photos..seems to leave home...when I started doing only celebrities with the idea that no one would want them since they aren't of themselves...I was wrong...they took those too
 doc50
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Paintings & pictures ?
Posted: 8/20/2012 12:07:55 PM
the walls in my flat are the home for my jigsaw collection of steam engines,84 at the last count. saves decorating and means i only have to do them the once.
Ck see you have got the doll out! many pins left? lol
 tampasmiles
Msg: 10
Paintings & pictures ?
Posted: 8/21/2012 7:02:12 PM
Cleverkitten...not a slow news day, but wanted to find artsy people to chat with and this post came up in my search....didn't think to look where the forum was located thought "art" was universal. Guess not.
 scareymush
Msg: 11
Paintings & pictures ?
Posted: 8/23/2012 3:42:37 AM
I'd hang a load of Jack B. Yeats paintings all over the place if I could..and in truth I actually could buy reproductions of his paintings from the National Art Museum if I wanted and do that...I love his later period, when he was an old man with failing sight, he produced incredible images of ordinary every day life in Dublin such as days at the races and the liffey swim which depicted so perfectly the dynamism of such scenes with hordes of people gathered together. all melding into one glorious stream of consciousness type controlled explosion of wonderful colour - full of energy and life..vim and vigour, even!

I had hoped for years that I would inherit a rather wonderful original painting my mother purchased due to my recommendation at one of our visits to exhibition opening nights which we used to go to pretty much all the time, she was a real patron of the arts and arbiter of good taste, constantly investing in really interesting works of art and superb craftsmanship - she had such a good eye that lots of people used to copy her particular individual taste...

Anyway, the painting I had my eye on for so many decades was bequeathed to one of my brothers - I fear that he won't be able to appreciate it quite as much as me - maybe I'll visit his house and steal it from him..that's if his ex-wife hasn't commandeered it for herself already after the divorce.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >