Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 263
Is dressing for comfort instead of style and fashion really a crime?Page 4 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
...Men always have a way of surprising me when it comes to clothing they find alluring/sexy...I have put on the little black dress, the heels, the pearls and have him say, "you look fine"...Other times I have slipped on a pair of cotton shorts ( my fav to sleep in) and a tank top and have them say,...." You look incredible"....go figure.

...maeflowers
 OldFolkie
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Is dressing for comfort instead of style and fashion really a crime?
Posted: 12/23/2008 8:43:09 PM
Oh well, we're (men, that is) generally very easy to please.
The stunning little black dress or simply a shirt and some pearls and we're putty in your hands either way.

Maybe I should have just said that men are easy.........it's not the wrapping we notice after all, but the whole package.
 OldFolkie
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2008 9:02:01 PM
^^^^ Maybe a tad risque....

But I guaran-damn-tee ya, HE'LL notice!

It's simply your choice if you really want him to notice!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2008 4:37:41 AM

And yes, I love to see a man in a pair of dress pants, their assets always look so nice

^^Amen to that Sista! I also love it when a man wears a turtle neck under a sports jacket. Don't know why, but something about that look does funny things to me!!!
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 270
Posted: 12/24/2008 10:47:48 AM
Certainly everyone has their own ideas of what is 'hot' ( whatever that may connote..)

There is a time and place for everything......

If I'm going out to dinner, I certainly don't want my girlfriend, date or wife

showing up in jeans, spike heels and a lingerie top.....as if we're going to Nascar

races or the drag strip, or going to shoot pool...It's not hard to put on a simple

dress, skirt or nice slacks and a decent blouse...............

Most places that I DO go to dinner here in Sarasota, or in Tampa, or in LaJolla

I would not show up in JEANS, and it doesn't matter if they are th 150 dollar kind

they are still DENIM, and associated with extremely casual attire.........nor do I

show up with shorts on even if they're Tommy Bahama...........I generally keep

a blazer hung in my cars, so even if I have a golf shirt on and a pair of tan kaks,

I never have to worry about being 'underdressed'.......but the military and intelligence

service teaches you at many levels to be more prepared rather than having to

explain your lack of judgment.....a man can always take a jacket off or remove

a nice tie..........the reverse is not possible if you screw up................the same thing

can be said about a 'lady' (versus a 'woman')...a 'lady' need not EVER be concerned

about being even a bit 'overdressed'.........no man ever worries about that, unless

he is an insecure man.......

This gentleman will never knowingly be seen, or accompany a woman who looks

'trashy', or one that confuses looking so-called 'hot', with looking appropriately

attired, and maintaining an appeal of classiness, in any setting.

A woman who seems to allude to 'looking sexy' at every turn, is a shallow buffoon

of absolutely very little understanding not only of what self-concept means, but

also has a basic misunderstanding of what a lady represents to our community

our children, and herself.

Attemtping to 'look hot' can set yourself up for a very bad time........instead of

looking 'hot', I think I want my woman to look 'good', and thoughtful in her appearance

and certainly respectful to her surroundings and the occasion..........

It's called sound judgment.....with an element of 'style'......without devolving into

inappropriateness.............
 Soulsister47
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2008 11:07:05 AM
Well here is my predicament. I can clean up pretty well when the occassion calls for it. I am most comfortable in my jeans and flats, Im not gonna lie. But I look pretty good in a dress. Here is my predicament, Im 6 ft tall. Which means I dont wear heels. If I do wear heels they are small heels. I dated this guy that wanted me to wear these 3" heels and Im just not gonna go there. He seemed to be very dissapointed. I tried a pair of heels at the store and I couldnt even walk and almost broke my head. (lol it was pretty funny now that I think about it). Soo is a man gonna hold that against me?? I hope not. I really would like input on this. Are heels a must for most men??? Hoping there are men out there that don' t mind a simple gal that wears flats.

Comfortable in South Florida
 rdcnorm
Msg: 273
Posted: 12/24/2008 1:54:08 PM
I thinks it's wonderful there are so many different style of dress,

I am neither for or against any style, however her and my style will some how meld together, For example, I'm a jeans guy and cowboy boot, work boots guy, button down shirt, some times a football jersey, white tee shirt, and henley shirts. That is my comfort zone. I can look in my closet, see 3 suits, enough dress shirts to last 16 days without even doing laundry, a few pair of dress pants. I rarely need to wear any of those items. Therefore my lady,, she will enjoy the same style of dress as me. A good indication that she and I enjoy very similar activities.

Most 5 star restaurants where I live invite that style of dress, most activities as well, invite my style of dress, From snowmobiling to bonfires on the beach, pig roasts, to local bars,, bands, or just a piano bar,, this style is accepted without having to carry a suit jacket in our pick up trucks,, although what we do carry is a blanket, a six pack, bottle of wine. , a duffel bag with sweat shirts, bottle water, and some snacks..

I choose to live hear, for many of those reasons, and my lady, need not be concerned what other people think, because we accept all people,, sure we laugh at the boys on how can't hold their pants up, all the piercing,,, but we don't ignore them, as some of those same people laugh a the zz top look,, or me as the cowboy type,,The nice thing is we all laugh together with out judging...and have a great time...
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 274
Posted: 12/24/2008 3:58:22 PM
I'm petite, too, and get about 90% of what I purchase (even "petite" clothing) altered, so my clothes look "custom made." I' m very fussy about that......

My seamstress is my best friend......
 Soulsister47
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2008 10:17:50 AM
awww..I know there are lots of nice flats and 1" heel shoes..However, it was more like I would like for you to wear heels 3 inches or higher when we go out...I know the reason behind it, i guess some men think its sexy..but soorrry thats just not me..maybe after I get to know you real well, I may wear them in a speacial place..lol..and thats a maybe
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 280
Posted: 12/26/2008 10:33:26 AM
ANOTHER MALE POSTER STATED THE FOLLOWING:

"Most 5 star restaurants where I live invite that style of dress, most activities as well, invite my style of dress, From snowmobiling to bonfires on the beach, pig roasts, to local bars,, bands, or just a piano bar,, this style is accepted without having to carry a suit jacket in our pick up trucks................."

^^^^Frankly I've lived all over the US and part of the world...in the recent past in NYC while on Wall ST.....now in Sarasota, and LaJolla.......I have NEVER SEEN the type of dress that you said was 'welcomed' in ANY 5 STAR restaurant ANYWHERE in the world where I have traveled and/or lived.

No 5 star restaurant would be likely to provide you a table.....moreover, it shows a total 'disconnect' with reality, if you showed up dressing as you described.....that is part and parcel what is wrong...there is no sensibility about WHERE you are and your surroundings....hell, I wouldn't show up dressed as you described to places like even George's in LaJolla, or upscale but not 5 star places like Michaels, Euphemia Haye, or Morel, here in Sarasota.......or certainly not at Vernona which is housed in a fully documented 5 star establishment here in a Sarasota........

Individual liberty and freedom is inarguable, but there are limits in showing up with damn jeans on, or in quasi-cowboy attire.........

For women who perceive dressing in jeans and a tailored jacket, wearing a lingerie top and high heels : If you 'think' that is comparable to putting on a stylish dress, or a well tailored skirt and s fabulous blouse, then perhaps you may want to rethink that..........because it's NOT equivalent by most standards......and only an inexperienced fool would consider wearing anything like that to a 3, 4, or 5 star restaurant, corporate function/gathering, upscale house reception/private****ail party/wine tasting, or even a standard professional business gathering..........

To the south Florida woman with questions about heels and whether men find them a "Must" :

First, most men would not a 'clue'...but many might...or at least offer an opinion.
Most dresses look quite awful with the traditional 'flats'......by definition, 'flats' are generally not 'dress' shoes, so why ruin the look of a nice 'dress', with a pair of true 'flats'........only young girls in junior high wearing pleated skirts can successfully get away with that........but you don't have to wear trashy-looking, 65 degree angle,rakish FMP's either..............in fact, those are the nastiest looking 'heels' a 'lady' can ever put on.................there are gradients of 'heel'....all levels, from a soft rake or angel to outlandish looking platforms better fitted for clowns dancing around a 'pole'.........a nice dress can be ruined by the choice of shoe..and heel....and of course some women don't know the proper pairing of a 'sandal with a heel' and the dress of choice.......not knowing is not a crime, but a blatant disrregard for what works (fashion ) perhaps should be..........like wearing a thick soled platform, rakish 5 inch shoe with a very simple, elegant black dress with a cap-sleeve,.............but I'ved seen this 'stuff'...........................it's like a man wearing a short sleeve buttoned down shirt
with a TIE (with a suit jacket or sport coat).............some things just don't work.......so to answer your question about dresses and heels if YOU'RE TALL and living here in SOUTH FLORIDA ???........try a low heel 'mule' (maybe a 1.5 incher).....open toe or sandal-type....vamp....or even a low heel sling-back......never apologize for your height !!!!!!.......................(oh.....and never wear anything high heeled that has traps of any kind that tie above or around your ankles.......or like bows in the back......or with metal, spike 5 inch heels..............never anything with metal heels.......NEVER........unless of course you are a foot model fo SestoMucci...)
 rdcnorm
Msg: 281
Posted: 12/26/2008 2:02:17 PM

Most 5 star restaurants where I live invite that style of dress, most activities as well, invite my style of dress, From snowmobiling to bonfires on the beach, pig roasts, to local bars,, bands, or just a piano bar,, this style is accepted without having to carry a suit jacket in our pick up trucks................."

Yes I did say that,

then you this

^^^^Frankly I've lived all over the US and part of the world...in the recent past in NYC while on Wall ST.....now in Sarasota, and LaJolla.......I have NEVER SEEN the type of dress that you said was 'welcomed' in ANY 5 STAR restaurant ANYWHERE in the world where I have traveled and/or lived.

No 5 star restaurant would be likely to provide you a table.....moreover, it shows a total 'disconnect' with reality, if you showed up dressing as you described.....that is part and parcel what is wrong...there is no sensibility about WHERE you are and your surroundings....hell, I wouldn't show up dressed as you described to places like even George's in LaJolla, or upscale but not 5 star places like Michaels, Euphemia Haye, or Morel, here in Sarasota.......or certainly not at Vernona which is housed in a fully documented 5 star establishment here in a Sarasota........

Individual liberty and freedom is inarguable, but there are limits in showing up with damn jeans on, or in quasi-cowboy attire.........

I would suggest you haven't traveled in the part of heaven that I live,, that's OK though, I'm just a red neck with no clue how to dress.. In this place I live, the ski resorts and the communities, aren't really concerned whether a woman pack a pair of heals, as the owner knows, walking in snow covered streets would be disasterious, The owners also have a clue as to what their patroons are doing in their community,,
such as skiing, snowmobiling. So I'm under the assumption 5 star restaurants must not exist where I live because, a shirt and tie are not required. I will agree, I have been to some very eloquent place with my wife in NYC. However comparing the two places is like comparing apples to oranges, therefore saying a 5 start restaurants does not exist because most of us men wear cowboy boots, Lake Michigan is a real lake, yet Lake George is just a pond,,, where by all definitions it's still a lake.. So I would say a five star restaurant can also be a place a little different than what you may be used too..and still be a 5 star restaurant..

Casual Dress is based on the community that we live,,as you have mentioned your self, what our society deems as normal and appropriate..
 ankkka
Msg: 283
Posted: 12/26/2008 2:48:10 PM
Well...I grow up in Europe...so I think how we dress up is very important to me.
I have my style...and it is something between comfort and fashion.
But of course...no jeans!
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 284
Posted: 12/27/2008 9:49:21 AM
I don't wish to 'beat a dead horse' about apparel in re a 4 or 5 star restaurant but

I must reiterate a point that SHOULD be easy to comprehend, and perhaps nominally

agreed to as 'reality'....

First and formeost it seems without argument that various social milieu dictates
a variety of what may be termed as 'flexibility' in dress......

However, it is beyond this gentleman's experience, ergo knowledge to actually BELIEVE that wearing casual, cowboy-like attire to a 5 star restaurant is somehow
'common' in most cities throughout theUnited States and the world......in fact that
assertion is naive, inexperienced, warped, and in fact a bit 'silly'................such specious assertion about 'reality' is the 'exception' , and certainly NOT the rule....it
is beyond practical experience to suggest that looking like a 'redneck' (another poster's nomenclature), dresed in the 'high cowboy style' or in JEANS in a 5 star
restaurant is 'greeted with open arms', or is somehow 'prevalent' in that sort of
'social or business climate', is very wrong-headed, and with no basis in reality.....

but...........people have their own 'reality', and sometimes resist demonstrated 'truths' even when it's already 'established' and starring them in the face.

Wearing "Jeans" to a 5 star restaurant 'might' be a very LOCAL occurence and a local phenomenon, but 'from the specific, we can not go to the general'............'generally
speaking' for any lucid and sober (and experienced) participant who has lived in more places than just the 'farm', or the 'ranch', or in the 'snow' (e.g. Alaska), knows better
than to show up wearing JEANS............and if today's woman doesn't already know that I suggest that woman (or man) is living is quite a parochial and unobservant world.

This man would NEVER show up in any house of worship wearing jeans........NEVER........given the choice of other attire, why on earth would I choose THAT to wear ? Neither did my parents, my grandparents, my great grandarents, my friends, my neighbors, my other relatives.......and I damn sure would not allow my children to do that....why ?? because I want them to understand that a house of worship is not 'ordinary'...it's not the 'mall'.....it's not their friends 'house'....its' not 'school'.....it's a place where you supposed to learn about ethics, respect, standards, community, VALUES........it's a 'special' place, it offers 'special' values to otherwise 'ordinary' people.....it offers 'hope', a special solice, a special inspiration, a special environment ..................I would tell my children to differentiate 'going to the mall' from 'going to a house of worship'.........not only in personal 'behavior', but in their 'behavior' dealing with their fellow man...........perhaps it might send a signal to their young, impressionable minds, the significance and 'special nature' of the communal edicts of a few principles along the way in life.............my children would know that there is nothing 'special' about wearing common jeans...........and it's certainly incongruent with many community standard in many sorts of houses of worship.....................it's odd........our forefathers, and grandparents already knew
this, and really never strayed..........I guess now we're smarter than they were...yep, that's it !.......just look around......listen....watch......
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 286
Posted: 12/27/2008 10:20:06 AM
It's equally telling why you choose

to continue to engage in an unecessary, snide

personal attack.......discussion need not be overly

'personalized'..............it's intelligent to understand

that various opinions abound.........even when divergent

ones seem to evoke your weak venom. .....

Challenging or discussing the substance of a post is quite understandable......

You seem to possess some other narrow and personal agenda.

Unfortunate
 rdcnorm
Msg: 287
Posted: 12/27/2008 10:43:57 AM

I don't wish to 'beat a dead horse' about apparel in re a 4 or 5 star restaurant but

I must reiterate a point that SHOULD be easy to comprehend, and perhaps nominally

So I will be clear,, your a lucky man to be so worldly, to travel throughout this wonderful county. With that worldly knowledge that you seem to acquired along the way, you seem very quick to judge others, by what you believe your truth is..Very unwilling to accept things that some of us know as our truth. I find that sad. You describe your self as a gentleman, yet in my opinion you disrespect many women/men who choose a style of dress that you may not approve of.. I would say get a grip,, the world has changed,, all for the good in most cases..

Mobil Five-Star Restaurants: An elite group, Mobil Five-Star restaurants deliver a flawless dining experience, consistently providing exceptional food, superlative service, elegant décor and exquisite presentations. Every detail that surrounds the experience is attended to. This exclusive group includes restaurants

These rules exist at all of the city's finest restaurants: Jean-Georges, Per Se, and Daniel all come to mind; and I'm sure the rule applies at many others. For many men and women, a dress code is something to be embraced. At its core, a dress code sets a mood and a tone; it makes an evening special. It ensures that all of the effort that you put into how you look--the money, the time, the thought, the energy--is rewarded by the explicit acknowledgement of the restaurant that you are "worthy" of your meal. The lavish ornamentation that makes a restaurant sparkle translates to people too; the glitzy jewelry on your neighbor's wrist might do battle with the chandelier for your attention. The glamour of fine dining, the polish of the silverware, the fizz of the champagne, is heightened--so the theory goes--by what people are wearing. And this, at least at the city's fanciest restaurants, is the status quo.

And yet, if we leave the hallowed halls of Le Bernardin and Per Se and Daniel for a moment and hop in a cab down to to the East Village, we may be surprised by the scene we'll observe at some of the city's most revered and undeniably relevant restaurants. Pop into David Chang's Ssäm Bar and what are people wearing? Jeans. T-shirts. Hats. Sneakers. An avenue over at Hearth people are wearing the same. Walk down a few blocks to Prune and some of the servers aren't even wearing bras. What's going on?

If we mosey over to the West Village and go somewhere a little more formidable, like Mario Batali's Babbo, we might see some bridge and tunnelers in their Sunday best, but at that table in the corner a 30-something guy is wearing a Metallica t-shirt. His girlfriend has a shaved head and a parade of piercings down her face. Their aesthetic matches the music and, come to think of it, matches the chef's: doesn't Mario flit about town in shorts and clogs?

And around the corner, at another formidable restaurant, Dan Barber's Blue Hill, I'm eating with Craig and his aunt and uncle (this is last month). The room is dim enough that it's not that easy to take everyone in, but for every pair of pants I see there's a pair of jeans, and sitting right behind me---I only notice him because a waiter drops a glass--is former mayor Ed Koch bundled up in an adorably tailored suit.

Ed Koch is right at home and so am I, and I'm wearing jeans. So is Craig. We're wearing jeans and stylish shirts and we've shaved and our hair is combed, but we're relaxed and happy and the evening, without the enforced formality, still feels special. My experience of the restaurant is not diminished by a lack of dress code; it is, in fact, enhanced. And thus is born a manifesto, an anti dress-code manifesto, the purpose of this post.

Good people of New York (and America and, for that matter, Europe and Asia and, well, the world), I understand that you cling to your traditions. I understand that there is something delightful about dressing up and looking nice. I applaud your designer suits and handbags and ties and scarves, I salute your jewelry, your makeup, your ornamental pins. But what's happening downtown in Manhattan is an important shift. The younger generation (and I include myself in that generation, thank you very much) is excited by food in a way that our parents weren't; we go out, first and foremost, to eat. Not just to eat, but to bravely conquer this audacious new cuisine surfacing all around us. We're eager to ingest Mario's lamb's tongues, we want extra fat in our David Chang pork buns. Getting dressed up might still be part of it, but we're looking at Gourmet, not Vogue, before we head out the door.

Our parents (or at least my parents) see dining out as a chance to escape the humdrummery of everyday life. My generation dines out not so much to escape the real world, but to engage it. I speak in generalities, of course, but it's not a coincidence that the most important new restaurants in New York--all of the ones I mentioned downtown, plus some uptown--are catering to a much younger audience. A reservation at David Chang's newest restaurant, Ko, requires a familiarity with the internet that many of our parents don't have. Our parents are confused by the passwords and logins the same way they're confused by why we're wearing jeans to dinner. This isn't a coincidence. The tides, I'm here to say, are turning.

Am I arguing against formal dress at restaurants? Not at all. My argument is egalitarian: doors open to everyone--suits and non-suits alike. I think there should be certain limitations. I'm ok with forbidding shorts--that man at Le Bernardin looked like he just stumbled in from the beach. I'm ok with requiring shoes. But should Le Bernardin turn you away for wearing jeans instead of pants? What if you're wearing jeans and a jacket? What if your pants are jeans-colored? What if your shirt looks like a t-shirt but it's really a buttoned-down shirt with hidden buttons? What if you're wearing traditional religious garb? What if you're in an iron lung?

I'm getting silly, but I think dress codes are silly and outmoded. I want everyone, regardless of dress, to have access to the world's greatest dishes. I want you to try the milk chocolate caramel egg at Le Bernardin and I want you to be able to do so without having to buy a suit. For the price of a suit, you can buy two lunches at Le Bernardin.

Part of me doesn't believe what I'm saying. We're so indoctrinated to believe that dining out means getting dressed up that it's impossible to imagine a four-star restaurant relaxing its dress code. But there are statistics that say gay marriage won't be an issue in 20 years because the younger generation embraces gay people far more willingly than the older generation; maybe that's true of dress codes too? Maybe in 20 years the Daniels and Per Ses will look a lot more like the Ssam Bars and Prunes? And if that happens, what will we have lost? What will we have gained?

The picture at the top of this post is the most compelling counter-argument to my thesis that I could come up with: there's Cary Grant, looking dapper and oozing cool in his slightly formal, perfectly pressed suit. One can't ignore the power of his presentation at table; and one can't help but feel nostalgia for a time when people dressed like that when they ate. Can we still celebrate that? Absolutely. But should we impose it?

My argument is: no.

http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2008/05/jacket_required.html
 rustytraveler
Msg: 292
Posted: 12/27/2008 12:25:13 PM
Ah these nouveau riche.....they seem to have to flaunt their new found 'identity' don't they?
I was raised that noblesse oblige.
 Mike72801
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 12:44:25 PM
I have always been a 'form follows function' kind of guy. I grow a beard in the winter, because it is practical. Shave it off in the spring, because it becomes impractical. The same with clothes, I dress for the occasion. I own lots of Goretex, wool and polyester fleece, because I spend time outside. I have a few suits for funerals, weddings, and trips to Vegas or romantic dinners. I dress to be comfortable.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 296
Posted: 12/27/2008 2:57:35 PM
girldiver and friendly

You two were just to funny with you comments,, thanks
 kbodley
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 7:37:06 PM
Could it be, rdcnorm, that the key in this whole discussion is that if I am going to dinner with someone, male or female, old/young, etc. etc. I would try to dress according to the fashion standards that would be acceptable for both the chosen restaurant and the group I will be dining with?

I would no sooner choose to go out to a business dinner dressed in jeans, tennis shoes, and a sweatshirt than I would to don a $500 business suit, freshly starched dress shirt, and wing tips, to attend a chuckwagon feast on the ranch with my cousins in the Dakotas!

The key to being well dressed is to be dressed appropriately for the occasion, the setting, and the company I am keeping.

I guarantee you that the outfit I would choose to knock the socks off of the object of my affections would not be the same outfit I would choose to go to dinner with a client whose account I am courting for business - even if the restaurant were the same in both situations!

rdcnorm
Msg: 298
Posted: 12/27/2008 8:00:28 PM
^^^^ my idea of the key is, dress in what make you feel the most comfortable,, I don't own a $500 /$1000 suit, yet I have had dinner with Lawyers, doctors, and other professions, I could hold my own in a business meeting/conversation, and never did any one make me feel I wasn't good enough,, It's all in the attitude,,

PS,, the woman who can knock my socks off will look just fine in a pair of jeans and nice top,, put in in heels or boots,, "Oh Baby" That's OK with me,, I'm not opposed to that black dress, either, but may bad boy side suggests no undies,, If I know her, and I will,, she will agree,,

One of the many things I leaned in life,, men and woman both put their pants on one leg at a time, remove their cloths, we all are equal... when we forget that,, we hand over our power to some one else,, therefore as I said many times,, i don't dress to impress,, I dress and live life for me and the ones I love,,
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 299
Posted: 12/27/2008 8:25:27 PM
Peoples' phony , disingenuous and borrowed styles betray them....

they are thieves, and bogus in their newly founded literary style......

bogus indeed...........

By the way........"your" is a possessive pronoun..............NOT to be

confused with the contraction, "you're".....which of course means "you ARE"....

no wonder why we have this misunderstanding about the appropriateness of

'dress'.............some of us don't have a "grip" on LANGUAGE........

Clearly "some college" or "some university" is not sufficient.....unless of course
'borrrowing", or plagirism is acceptable it seems in this discourse.........

God Help Us
 rdcnorm
Msg: 302
Posted: 12/27/2008 8:47:30 PM
Srgm
I see your not doing well, now your picking on the use of grammar and spelling
I hate to burst your bubble,,

'borrrowing", or plagirism is acceptable it seems in this discourse.........

But this is how to correctly spelled PLAGIARISM...and BORROWING

If you read my entire post,, you will see where I noted the source of information,,

You just seem to not get it,, your ideas are not perfect, as you keep judging people, no I never was lucky enough to go to collage,, but so what,, does that make you better than me, or have the right to attempt to degrade, or insult me,,

Your true colors are truly shinning through,, is there anything else in this world that displeases you,,, feel free to vent.. because now it's becoming quite pathetic.. the gentlemen of such stature, picking on us poor little farm boys, and women who choose to dress in what they feel comfortable in..picking on people who go to church, now it's grammar and spelling..

Lets just call a truce, take the white flag,,
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 304
Posted: 12/27/2008 9:17:25 PM
tortured retorts are always revealing.....even dealing with typos.......

it's like, "Let me see if I can find something to get him on"...

transparent, yet third grade

stupid stuff indeed.....they come out of the woodwork and summon
their minions to attempt to discredit something that , deep down
annoys them.....

weak............

let me try this again in my original observation about the use of "your" versus "you're"

by the way , my own typos are just that.....

but you still stated the following :
"Srgm
I see your not doing well, now your picking on the use of grammar and spelling
I hate to burst your bubble..."

read carefully....AGAIN

laughable indeed......believe me, "you're" not "bursting" anything

SRQManaMan
Msg: 308
Posted: 12/27/2008 9:45:37 PM
on topic~

I like women approaching 50 who dress in their profiles like they are 20.....

of course I like women approaching 50 with long, school-girl do's who wear

minis as well.................................................I also like women approaching 50

that wear bare midriff tops, low-slung pants, with the obligatory, carefully placed

tattoos as well....................all in 'comfort' of course...

God help us
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 313
Posted: 12/27/2008 10:01:57 PM

Hey Mae. I once had a beau who loved it when I wandered around the house in my flannel pj top and slipper socks. Another one said he preferred his women fully clothed, as he like to unwrap the gift instead of having a free peak....

....Men...just gotta love em...well sometimes ya do ( doesn't care about grammer)

Speaking of men who like to "unwrap" their woman....I just came from another thread where one poster was talking about how some woman may look good "wrapped" in cellophane...hmmm. So what category would that that fall under style, comfort or criminal intent ( to make mischief) haha?

...maeflowers
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >