Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Michigan  > Why is Downriver so dull?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RDtoo
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Why is Downriver so dull?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Oh yeah? Try living here.
 now a miss
Msg: 51
Why is Downriver so dull?
Posted: 11/25/2008 3:35:46 AM
oh i just love downriver. check out wyandotte on the third friday of every month. the shops along biddle avenue stay open until nine, and the city is a blast. truly a gem. there are so many hidden treasures downriver. try it, you'll like it!

robin, i have seen you in party pics, and you do look like you're the life of the party. i always enjoy seeing who went, and it always looks like a great time. i guess you could say youre going to a wedding, minus the bride and groom. how fun!
 RDtoo
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2008 7:15:51 AM
I would agree that third Fridays are the best thing happening Downriver, judging by the couple of them I have been able to attend. As I work until 8 or 9 on Friday nights in Ann Arbor, it is over before I can get there. I don't know why it cannot be Third Saturdays, but I don't think they are going to change it just for me.
 susiesunshine55
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/25/2008 4:11:44 PM
I went there Friday night but it was a little late, after 8 I think. It was really, really cold and since we had never done that before I didn't really know what to expect. When the weather gets warmer, we should make this a small POF outing.
 joannemeow
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/26/2008 4:34:42 AM
mary, i was in downtown wyandotte friday night also! i went to the tree lighting ceremony. they had the high school choir there singing christmas carols. then i went over to the grind coffeehouse and me and the girls closed down the place! no wonder i could not sleep friday night! i love wyandotte. i ran into a few people that i know. it was a busy night! i'm such a party animal, hehehehehheehe

jo
 susiesunshine55
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/26/2008 4:39:07 AM
We walked by the Grind Jo but didn't go in. Before I go next time, I'll check first and see what kind of events they have going on. I missed all the action. Sorry I missed you!
 memberofpof
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/26/2008 7:22:46 AM
i guess when i think of downrivr i think of river rouge and ecorse. i should go check it out and not judge like ive been doing in mymind for 20 years. i guess like anything else, depends where ya go
 cornholiomedic1
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/1/2008 10:16:33 AM
I guess when I think of down river, I think of where all of our dead bodies go before they hit Lake Erie. LOL! Sorry, it's just my twisted sense of humor kicking in lol!
 eddj
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/1/2008 10:39:32 AM
Yep I know what you mean,thats why I quit fishing there....lip hooked one,had to cut the line and lost my hook
 RDtoo
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2008 9:41:47 PM
A few years back a buddy of mine was sitting in the Portofino restaurant which is on the river in Wyandotte, and saw a body float by.
 joannemeow
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/2/2008 2:04:12 AM
wow, what kind of drinks do they serve there? jo
 Robitty
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/2/2008 2:37:31 AM
well....and thanks for sharing that with us!!!! .....................................
That's gross...guess someone doesnt see the cup as half full...that's some negative thinking! I think of how pretty it looks with the sun shining, there's lots of good things about downriver!
 memberofpof
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/2/2008 3:43:21 AM
hey ed you can get surgery for taht kind of disfigurement, you know, lol

there are some excelletn plastic surgeons in the downriver area. get your yellow pages and check them out, okay?

peace
 cornholiomedic1
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/2/2008 7:15:20 AM
Uh Robbity, I wasn't being negative, it's a demented joke...although it IS a true statment and it isn't a cup half full thing or less than half full.

Perhaps if you did what I do for a living, you would find the humor in my statements.

Ed, I don't doubt it man, I hear stories all the time of people hooking bloaters up and down the river. I'm supposed to do some diving with DPD's dive team here this upcoming Spring if at all possible...it pretty much is dependant on how my 9 year old's Leukemia is doing by then.

If any of you SCUBA dive, there's all sorts of stuff to dive on either down river or up in Detroit...namely ship wrecks. They just found another ship out in the shipping channels off of Belle Isle about a year or so ago...an old wooden vessel...can't wait to check it out!
 septembermoon47
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/2/2008 7:19:25 AM
mr medic...have you looked into the ship wrecks off port sanilac and Harbor Beach....lake huron has a lot..and many do come and check them out..
 cornholiomedic1
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/2/2008 8:56:19 AM
I've heard about them, but haven't been able to get the time to get up there. A couple of my buddies from the job want to get together sometime and do some dives up that way.
 eddj
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/2/2008 9:09:16 AM
While your down there see if you can find my sons goldfish who I thought was dead and flushed down the toilet.....it probably looks like a carp by now....thanks for the help
 Robitty
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/2/2008 2:15:18 PM
You're right about one thing...it is a twisted joke and perhaps if you did what I did for a living and also the volunteering I do it would'nt be quite as funny to you.
After several funerals last year from suicide and drive bys and gang related things with my students and clients for mental health, I have lost any idea of it being humorous to find yet another dead body, floating or not, ot to make jokes about it.
I gave my opinion on what was said, it's that simple...we each feel a different way about different things on forums.
I've never found death funny...not sure why.
 Hookme2009
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/2/2008 4:54:23 PM
They should build a Dave and Busters around here, like the have in Utica. Only thing is, probably a lot of punks from Detroit would come to it and ruin the place.
 RDtoo
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 11:32:28 PM
I asked a guy once who was building franchise restaurants why not build in Wyandotte and he told me that alot of places won't build here because it is on the water and they want to be able to draw people in from all directions. I guess it makes sense. They did build a Metro Music Cafe here about 10 years ago or so. It went out of business pretty fast.

I don't find jokes about death very funny either. All the pain and emptyness from losing both my parents was tragic, as I am sure it is for anyone who loses a loved one. I should have mentioned in my last post that my friend at Portofino notifyed the management, and they notifyed the police.
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/16/2011 4:46:34 AM
Compare all of the Downriver communities to just the town of Royal Oak. There are far better restaurants in RO than all of DR. There are more dance clubs in RO. More comedic venues in RO. More events in RO. Throw in Ferndale and the places to go and the things to do jumped about 50% or more. Even if Dearborn, Dearborn Hts., Westland, Garden City, and Wayne were included in the DR mix they would all fall second to just RO. Sorry, but that's a fact. With the combination of RO, Ferndale, Birmingham, Troy, and Berkley, all of Wayne County outside of Detroit can't compare. If it wasn't for the sports teams, the DSO, the MOT, the Fox, the DIA, and a couple of other places even all of Wayne County including Detroit couldn't compare to Oakland County for activities.

Wish it wasn't true.
 Shrek9374
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/17/2011 8:16:58 PM
what a knock, I love downriver and we do have our own treasures you just have to look for them. I live in Taylor and love it despite its T nick name which we no longer deserve. We are a friendly place, we like to work were we live, I take pride in being a downriver rat. I hate the idea of Metro Shores as a new name. It doesn't reflect the community I live in. we have plenty of parks, fine and affordable dining(sorry southeast oakland county) that is open some places 24 hours. we have plenty to do other than shop you can play sand volleyball in wyandotte, you can golf affordably at any of the golf courses, we have the metro parks with bike trails. and easy access you can go anywhere and find things to do.
 Gentleman_Adventurer
Msg: 72
Posted: 9/11/2011 12:42:13 AM
Well Shrek, You'll have to do better than last week. That P.O.F. party at Glass Mug Again was a dud. There's got to be something else better than there or J Dubs. Time for some brain storming.
 RDtoo
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2012 12:25:15 AM
Sportsmens Den in Riverview would be a great place for a POF party. It is just down the street from J. Dubs but gets a better clientel.
 Shrek9374
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/12/2012 12:18:25 PM
I know but dealing with the owner/manager is difficult from the people who used to host events there.

I am on the hunt for some new venues as well. tried one in Romulus ( i know it is western wayne not downriver)called bills rythem and blues, biggest issue would be parking they are at van born and merriman if interested. anothe one is club 142 (formerly the entourage) with the fire at Lions Tigers and Beers they should have a big pick up in business
Show ALL Forums  > Michigan  > Why is Downriver so dull?