Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *buzz*
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Do I ever miss physical touch!Page 7 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Are you content to go through life without ever feeling the velvet stroke of warm skin on yours?

Just recently I shared my opinion with a friend about physical touch i.e. holding hands, brush of cherry lips or being so close that one could feel their temperature rise ... touch says it all. You can feel the beat of their heart, pulse running through their veins, heat of their body ... and there is no tag attached that could let you buy all these natural freely given feelings, inklings, burning desires. That's the beauty of physical touch and when it happens it comes with respect and trust.

Of course, I miss it, and don't give up on finding it again.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 253
Do I ever miss physical touch!
Posted: 12/25/2008 3:43:18 PM

That's the beauty of physical touch and when it happens it comes with respect and trust.

And when in love with your s/o ,your touch is magnified many times over.

This is the highest of physical touch.

Be it at any age when respect and trust flow.

And as you said,

touch says it all....

DAVE632
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2008 12:09:20 PM
There are different degrees of hell specially reserved for each of us, it seems.

Alone and touchless because one or both of you chose to be alone.

Alone and touchless because one of you were inconsiderate enough to die.

and maybe the wurst

Alone and touchless because, even though you're both still together, one or both of you for whatever reason chose not to have any physical / emotional contact.

I'm not sure which is qualitatively worse - just that it IS hell if you're stuck in any of those situations.

I hope each of you who are alone and touchless find an enduring CURE and soon.

DAVE632
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2008 12:48:57 PM
Ah yes. The two shitty IMs in ONE day syndrome.

"Everybody hates me (or they just want to screw me)

Nobody loves me (or they just want to screw me)

I'm going to sit in the basement for the rest of my life and eat wooly worms."

There's little mystery in WHY so many are alone at our ages. Don't you remember the trials and tribulations of GROWING UP? Few met the ONE guy they loved when in their teens or 20's. Trail and ERROR repeated until you thought you's never find THE one and then it happened. Why would one assume that things were any easier now ... maybe especially now. We've been rejected, left alone, run over and emotionally shredded in one or a number of ways so ... I guess that's a good reason to abandon ALL hope.

NOT!!!
 gdnrs
Msg: 259
Posted: 12/26/2008 9:08:25 PM
I've always been a very touching person. I'm a hospice nurse and touch is extremely important to my patients. I also do relaxation massages. But... I have been divorced for over 15 years and I am really beginning to miss "physical touch." I would love to find someone who knows how to hug like they mean it. I would take a night of touching over intercourse any time.
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 7:20:20 AM
In my opinion NOT wanting to be touched is a sign of deeper issues..Wrongful touching when we are children will definately set up negative feelings around being touched..I have expereinced those unwelcoming touches..I came from a mother who wasnt very nurturing,but later when I had my own children, it was just as neccasary to touch them and love them as it was to breath to me.
.I had a good friend who was a hugger years ago and she asked me one time "Does it make you uncomfotable for me to give you hugs??" even tho I wast 100% comfortable because of my upbringing,I did enjoy her warm hugs..Id have to say she was the one that made me the hugger I am today!!reach out and let yourself be hugged ,we all need the human contact of another..I hope one day I will meet the one,who loves to touch as much as I do..I have met a couple of nurturing,touchy men they just didnt cut it in other areas!!too bad!!happy new year!!
 ~Lizzi~
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 5:24:41 PM
OMG yes...

I am a very tactile person, I love to hug and be hugged. Doesn't matter who it is, family, friend, lover, I even hug my ex when I see him. Human nature is conditioned to want closeness to another, human or pet.

I miss being touched (caressed) more than anything. There is something very basic about being touched and touching. It shows that we are social animals at heart. I do relaize that there some who would prefer not to be touched, and that is their choice.
Living alone for the first time in my life(after two marriages and a couple of relationships), it's the one thing I miss more than anything. The thought of never touching someone or having someone touch me again, breaks my heart,
 Mike72801
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 5:37:58 PM
I come from a family of touchers. At Christmas we look like a tribe of monkeys, I am rubbing my mom's neck and my sister is scratching my back, LOL

Obviously intimate touch is different, but something I am comfortable with and desire in a partner.
 still_hope
Msg: 270
Posted: 12/28/2008 12:22:50 PM
What a great topic! Although I've laughed and cried reading all your posts. I work with kids and I have to remind them to ask for a hug before knocking me off my feet. Also there are legal concerns about allowing kids to be too touchy...how sad...

In 2009, I wish for all of us to remember the child-like Joy of touching and being touched...emotionally or physically....I think of the open Joy on the faces of the children that I work with and as they are coming into a monster hug...I have to gently remind them to "ask to hug first, please".

Dave, thank you for all your posts....I've read several lately and you have indeed touched lifes here at POF and honor Sue's memory. And, yes, we appreciate both your naughty and nice posts....

Mike, will your family adopt some of us "out of touchers" here at POF? laughing about "we look like monkeys" O but all of us could be so lucky...sounds like a wonderfull family.

I just wish there was some way to offer a (((((((((GROUP HUG)))))))))) Happy and Hug filled New Year to you all....
 DAVE632
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 9:31:15 PM
Two things come to mind readinng more of these posts.

I was in Corpus Christie a few years back and spent a loty of time down near the harbor and out in the Gulf. There was a pair of "teenage" dolphins I saw ALL the time when I was there. They were in love. When a freighter went out to sea they'd play in the bow wave. When they fed on mullett he'd drive a school towards her. When they swam up the channel HER HEAD WAS ALWAYS ON HIS PEC FIN - like they were swimming holding hands.

We are not alone in loving the TOUCH.

When I was younger and a cop a bunch of us would go together to some blud&guts movie and we'd all sit one seat apart ... you know so nobody would mistake us for one of "them." Now we get together for Christmas and we hug hello / goodbye - whatever. I mean HUG. Eyes closed, no patting just MAN it's good to see you again.

Times change. The basics remain. We just need to grow up sometimes.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 275
Posted: 12/29/2008 1:41:19 PM

Are you content to go through life without ever feeling the velvet stroke of warm skin on yours?

Hell no,, I do recall what that was like,, and I still miss it.. and always will...
 laughing lover
Msg: 278
Posted: 12/29/2008 6:21:03 PM
Yes you are certainly not the only one. If you took a survey of most of the people here you'd probably find out that most of them miss the warm touch and embrace of their souls counterparts.I know I certainly do.The women in my life that I had something special with have passed on and left me all alone and at times very sad and lonely for intimate female companionship.Late at night I think on it a lot sometimes and it usually brings a few tears to my eyes.

The special relationships that we have all entertained with lovers, husbands,wives,girlfriends, or whatever cannot be taken lightly.

When your soul recognizes it's counterpart in another ...it's a fantastic thing and definitely worth pursueing. Nothing ventured...nothing gained.

The intimate touch and embrace of two individuals is a fantastic and wonderful thing that everyone should not be afraid to pursue.

Is there anything more exciting or sublime than two people finding each other arousing and pursueing to all intimate bounds.

After all isn't this exactly why the good lord put us all here...to be happy in love and find our special mate that we can do anything with.

Let's face it, we all deserve to be happy in any way that suits your needs and if anyone professes to tell you diferent, then they are likely a moron, jealous of you , or just plain unlucky in love themselves!

God god I hope I have helped somebody with this revelation, Just remeber and never forget that we all desrve happiness...at any expense!...L.L.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 280
Posted: 12/29/2008 10:35:10 PM

Mae ....always more where that came from, unfortunately I'm d1ckless, so can't help out in the other department....but hey a hug's a hug

..I haven't been back to this thread for a bit but I damn near choked on my coffee when I read this rusty.... You must be a hoot to have at a party.

But hey, I'll take a hug anytime, thanks

...maeflowers
 Diadora
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2008 2:59:42 PM
Sincere and trusting intimacy is what it is all about isen't it.....
I was married for over 20 years and that was lacking in the relationship. Was in a decade long relationship and it was at most hesitant. When I struck out on to the ocean of POF I tried to figure out what I was really looking for and that intimacy of touch was at the top of my list.

Living with out it changes one..... finding it changes one as well , painful longing, painful vulnerablity. The later atleast can be balances with the rewards.

This is a very rich topic.
 kpooks
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2008 9:46:33 AM
Lil: I agree, and love the feeling of being touched. May I suggest a good orthobionomic massage therapist for $100 a treatment LOL! You don't have to date and have sex to enjoy the pleasure of human touch. Sometimes it's nice just to have hands moving all over our body, and it doesn't even have to be erotic, just nice.
 Druid59
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2009 7:20:11 AM
hmm.......may its like this

How can we not crave the fire
borne of this contact of non desire
the electricity that fuels our moves
somehow transfers from me to you

Shakespeares eloquence is not much
compared to the timbre of a simple touch
the understanding brush of skin
the silent emotion contained within

often touch without a word
conveys everything that should be heard
we can not live without this thing
the daily healing it can bring

so many ways to say "I love you"
when finger, tongue, or cheek touches you
so many ways to say "I know"
like elbow, thigh, or little toe

we can harden our heart
or toughen our stand
but all can be vanquished
by the touch of a hand

?....
 Orion67
Msg: 288
Posted: 1/3/2009 12:05:54 PM
OP,

I am one that misses the physical touch. I try not to think about it too much..... out of sight, out of mind. I could lower my standards to get back to the physical touching but found that relationships with the wrong people are not worth it.

I got a certificate for Christmas good for a one hour massage and will use it soon. : )
 Schmooopy
Msg: 290
Posted: 6/22/2012 3:21:21 AM
I think it does get better ~ I have SAD as well and kept myself isolated to an extent because I was self employed for 20 years

After I went back into retail I was so filled was anxiety I sought help. For most of my life I didn't realize I didn't have to live that way and there was help out there. Hopefully you're getting the kind of help you need and not suffering.
 lotustemple
Msg: 291
Posted: 6/22/2012 11:43:24 AM
You gotta work this one, my strategy for touch when single:

1. Weekly visit to the massage school, keeps it affordable and I alway book with the hot guys, lol. That's an hour or more if scheduled to be naked and have a gorgeous man touching and stroking you without it getting sleazy.
2. I like to sit right next to single men I know at functions and touch in creative and fun ways without it getting publicly inappropriate. On occasion I will sit next to them like we are a couple, with my arm around them, nobody complains. They like the touch too.
3. Hug everyone twice.
4. Touch people when I talk to them in social setting and they uually touch back.
5. My yoga instructor likes to "adjust" us while in difficult positions and he is gorgeous. I've made it a point to remind him that I really appreciate all the adjustments.
6. I rub peoples shoulders alot.

What's your strategy?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 292
Posted: 6/22/2012 3:11:11 PM

What's your strategy?

I sit close to people on the bus.
 Fleuron
Msg: 294
Posted: 6/22/2012 11:39:09 PM

What's your strategy?

Ew, I don’t like touching random people or want them touching me. I’ll just touch myself like usual.
 Postpunker84
Msg: 295
Posted: 6/23/2012 6:43:44 AM
I miss physicality so much too but, good thing we have the gift of imagination.

For me, it's pathetically been years, yes YEARS. Pathetic I know but, it's not by my doing. I am not even talking sexually related content either. I have not been hugged or kissed or you know, "touched" in years by another man. lol lol (I am not assumably counting my brothers, father though). I wonder what it's like?! lol

Hey though, at least I have a life off this computer... :)

Good luck to everyone on this site upon meeting someone & receiving that touch you desire.
 Schmooopy
Msg: 297
Posted: 6/23/2012 3:52:42 PM
I like touchy feely people BUT, only if I know and like them, naturally
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 298
how can I go through life without ever feeling the touch of another again.
Posted: 11/26/2016 4:25:46 PM
OMG! I was going through some old threads I've posted on and found this one by a former fishie from a year before we met. Wish I'd heeded the writing on the 'wall'

I could be a monk tomorrow though.
 gtomustang
Msg: 299
how can I go through life without ever feeling the touch of another again.
Posted: 11/26/2016 8:41:03 PM
I can agree with the original title of the thread. I also miss resting a head on the bosom and hearing the heart beat and the person breathe--those are the details you don't consider when you daydream.

Sorry you missed the writing on the wall. Better luck next time, hopefully?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >