Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 717
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?Page 17 of 53    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
Jip NOPE, I have NOT been on this thread for 20 to 25 pages...

I didn't NOT say the suggest didn't interest me, what I said is that it isn't life or death...

I also said way back in the beginning this kind of thing is very good practice for me... Remember University Senior, four classes from her Bachelors in Legal Studies/Paralegal, starting on her Masters in Legal Advocacy...

Secondary project, Full national legalization of Medical Marijuana Advocate...

3rd/2nd project advocate for complete improvement of the mental health system, and treatment of the mentally ill.

3rd project, community gardening, and teaching veggie and fruit preservation...

What does this thread have to do with all that???

It helps me learn to communicate with people that are on opposing sides. Practicing to learn to ask the BIG questions, and understanding the little issues that make a person unwilling, or unable to compromise on the big issue...

If I am able to learn the why's and how of others thinking on a certain topic that is extremely important to them, and something I DO have a strong opinion on, then I have learned to be an effective negotiator. A skill that can't be taught in a classroom, but rather hands on...

In no way do I want you to think that my opinion isn't all that important to me, because there is a part of me that it is... I have had the hoo hoo scared out of me by well meaning loved ones of the mass destruction of the earth, planet et al, about Planet X, the Earths alignment with the sun over the milky way... It has been elevated by alarming shows that are SUPPOSED to be credible on the science channel, history channel, et al...

Proof, if you have cable, watch the "Ancient Aliens", there are a heck of a lot of artifacts that have some really interesting symbols, beyond what cave men have drawn. These artifacts, one being a 5000 yr old "computer" found in one of the Oceans is amazing...

This stuff give "REASONABLE DOUBT", which is how it works in a court of law, and by the way, the jury is NOT filled with experts on the subject, but rather ordinary PEERS of the person on trial...

I am not an expert, well except when I held my degree and credentials in X ray, however I had to give them up, neck injury changed my life course..

I am also a parent, so for me, I had to be the primary caregiver, even when I worked full time and a half... So the insults that I have had the SCIENTIFIC experience, is rather annoying, there is only so many things ONE HUMAN can fit in their life of 44 yrs... The first 18 I was doing real well to make it out alive, by the hands of extreme abuse, so I was concentrating on just daily survival...

Jip this isn't YOUR personal playground either... What credentials do you hold to know what is drivel and ignorance??? Most certainly you are entitled to YOUR opinion, however where do you have any degree of superior knowledge over anyone else that posts???

I don't see where you are any more superior in well documented first hand knowledge then the rest of us that have our OPINIONS, personal observation, and researched knowledge...

In fact I am really interested in knowing whom exactly are you thinking you are saving???

There hasn't been any REAL information that you have brought to this post that has been overly enlightening, OR made any change of opinion in any of us that believe in the PLAUSIBILITY... Which by the way you are not claiming plausibility on your stance, but rather facts...

Here is the challenge, since you made the statement of "I'll be damned if" start cracking out actual facts that can actually dispute what we who see the PLAUSIBILITY are incorrect.

You have relied completely on your OWN anecdotal statements of "not all lights are aliens" ok, prove the ones that can't in any way are something else... Prove that all the millions of bits of artifacts come from humans just acting smarter than the rest...

HERE IS THE REAL BIG ONE...THE GAP....

Prove factually saving all of us from our "ignorance" how we humans went from stone throwing apes, to having the knowledge and power to blow this freaking planet to bits. WHILE NOT ONE OTHER SINGLE CREATURE on this earth that supposedly came from the very same DNA primodial OOZE, has evolved past building birds nest, or picking bugs out of the ground with sticks...

PLEASE with your expertise fill in that MAJOR gap...
 Jiperly
Msg: 718
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/24/2009 5:53:49 PM
>>>Considering that our technology is still in its infancy

Speaking of assumptions....

Not that I believe that our technology has reached its limits.....who are you to announce we haven't even begun to learn the basics?

>>>only a couple of hundred years

No, the wheel and fire were technology too- its our ability to judge it, through the scientific method, thats changed in the last couple of hundred of years. A method you scoft at as insuffient, yet live a comfortable life off of and supply no alterative.

>>>Other planets have moons. this we know

The Earths moon is far larger in comparison to the size of our planet than other planets- we have an unusually large moon, and we aren't exactly sure why(hence why I asked why people don't claim that aliens put it there- its a mystery)

>>>other planets in our solar system are similar size.

Doesn't that point express that alien life would be even more rare then? That we have 3 planets all the simular size of Earth, all in the same climate zone, and only one is habitable?

>>>large planets orbiting stars have been found in other solar systems.

Yes- in fact, our smaller planets are found to be the vast majority- you can count on two hands how many small, rocky planets we've found outside our solar system, compared to the hundreds we've found to be Jupiter sized or larger

-----------------------

>>>Jip NOPE, I have NOT been on this thread for 20 to 25 pages...

10? 15?

I know you've been on here for far too long to play the "I don't really care" card.....people like you and me, who present long winded carefully thought out posts don't do it because they don't care.

>>>Practicing to learn to ask the BIG questions, and understanding the little issues that make a person unwilling, or unable to compromise on the big issue...

Kinda like how our understanding of the universe makes Faster Than Lightspeed impossible(Big Issue), and yet you still claim aliens must exist because some people see objects in the skys they cannot explain(Little Issue)?

>>> It has been elevated by alarming shows that are SUPPOSED to be credible on the science channel, history channel, et al...

I used to have great respect for the channel "TLC" as The Learning Channel- it was a great channel filled with constant information and knowledge- but as it slowly morphed from The Learning Channel to Tending Loving Care, I realised that they don't exist out of an inate desire to teach- they exist out of an inate desire to present advertisments- and if they can convince you to tune in, the message they present didn't seem that important- only that you watch.

Don't confuse television shows with teaching aids.

>>>So the insults that I have had the SCIENTIFIC experience, is rather annoying, there is only so many things ONE HUMAN can fit in their life of 44 yrs

So sentionalism should replace actual research? Passion should replace actual evidence?

I'm not asking you know everything about everything- but equally, if you are unwilling to do the research, maybe you shouldn't leature other people on 'how it is' because you watched a show titled "Anicent Aliens"

>>>Jip this isn't YOUR personal playground either...

I never said it did- you were the one hiding behind the right to express your beliefs as justification enough to express any thought that forms in your head, claiming it was your right to express them without anyone criticising them.

>>>What credentials do you hold to know what is drivel and ignorance???

I believe I've already explained that- my education is completely lacking, but if you find something wrong with what I said, by all means, refute it.

>>>Most certainly you are entitled to YOUR opinion, however where do you have any degree of superior knowledge over anyone else that posts???

Not at all. I simply believe that I am right, and am willing to present the reasons as to why.

>>>I am really interested in knowing whom exactly are you thinking you are saving???

I'm attempting to offer a dissenting opinion to people who enter this forum and think yours is a reasonable opinion.

>>>OR made any change of opinion in any of us that believe in the PLAUSIBILITY

And yet, I'm compelled to try, despite all the name calling, the put downs, and the assaults against my lifestyle choices.

I must be egotistical.

>>>start cracking out actual facts that can actually dispute what we who see the PLAUSIBILITY are incorrect.

Again, you are asking me to argue away any claims made by any Tom, D*ck or Harry who has a claim to unusual lights in the sky. You are asking an impossible standard from me, and unless I am capible of doing this, you are infallible.

>>>Prove factually saving all of us from our "ignorance" how we humans went from stone throwing apes, to having the knowledge and power to blow this freaking planet to bits. WHILE NOT ONE OTHER SINGLE CREATURE on this earth that supposedly came from the very same DNA primodial OOZE, has evolved past building birds nest, or picking bugs out of the ground with sticks...

Thats easy. Intelligence and Time. If birds had developed intelligence, and developed the proper tools for judging their reality(scientific method), I have little doubt they would develop weapons of mass destruction eventually.
 nexthyme
Msg: 719
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 6:13:21 PM

I believe I've already explained that- my education is completely lacking, but if you find something wrong with what I said, by all means, refute it.

If your education is COMPLETELY LACKING, and you said that, not me... Then why insult me for NOT having the time to do a FULL research... I didn't say I didn't do ANY, infact I have done a TON... However I make no claims as to my education on this subject, as being completely full, and without holes...

In fact I have repeatedly stated both sides from MY OWN RESEARCH is full of holes...

As well, take the word I use instead of selectively choosing this and that, to create a new argument...

PLAUSIBLE... Say it, spell it, write it down, put it on your monitor, and then say it each time you think, is she saying this is a fact, or plausible...

I have also stated, what I really think, which is BOTH THEORIES, are plausible, and probably combined...

AS YOU, it is impossible for me to PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt my theory, and the other theory is something that is NOT proved beyond a shadow of a doubt either...

Not at all. I simply believe that I am right, and am willing to present the reasons as to why.

Something that makes total sense... Same thing I am doing...

By the way, you stated despite all the name calling, insults, et al, you must be egotistical??? Nah, I was thinking more of masochistic, who goes through that much drama, and yet comes back for more???

You don't get the fact for me, I am gaining knowledge, and take a look at this exchange right now.. We are civil, and still are making a point to state this is what I BELIEVE.

In legal advocacy rules of engagement are to leave both parties dignity in tact... The hope is for a compromise, but the reality is this, compromise is not always possible...

THUS I have gained insight on you, and understand YOUR stance, and maybe if you put away your ego for a few minutes you may realize hey, she may not agree with me, but she isn't such a horrible person either...

Believe me, there are a few people on the forums that thrive on being negative mean spirited people, and are contrary just for the pure pleasure of it...

Personally I don't think that is an alien trait...

Hey as I said, smoke on, however just keep off the roads in a car, and don't think that you can fly if you get to high... It isn't the fall that kills, it is the sudden stop
 Jiperly
Msg: 721
Posted: 3/24/2009 6:53:06 PM
>>> Then why insult me for NOT having the time to do a FULL research

Because being educated and doing research and two totally different things....

>>>PLAUSIBLE... Say it, spell it, write it down, put it on your monitor, and then say it each time you think, is she saying this is a fact, or plausible...

And I've said several times, I base my opinions on EVIDENCE.... Say it, spell it, write it down, put it on your monitor, and then say it each time you think, is what you presenting have valid evidence behind it?

I've said again and again- I'm not saying aliens are implausible- I'm saying there is no evidence to support it, and thus any support for it is solely through hope, faith, and want.

>>>which is BOTH THEORIES, are plausible, and probably combined

Huh?

How can there be a universe where there is both aliens existing and no aliens existing?

>>>and the other theory is something that is NOT proved beyond a shadow of a doubt either...

No, the other theory is where nothing is proven, at all, and invalidates our previous conclusions solely and entirely because it contradicts your preconceptions. And I find this to be bad science to be an assault on the pursuit of knowledge

>>>maybe if you put away your ego for a few minutes

Didn't you say six sentences earlier you didn't think I was egotisitical?

>>>she may not agree with me, but she isn't such a horrible person either...

I never said you were....but damn do you frustrate me sometimes... :peace:
 nexthyme
Msg: 722
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 8:15:13 PM
JIPPER come on, put down the bong and focus..

EVOLUTION...The other theory, not aliens don't exist... That would completely be illogical...

There is proof, just not what you consider proof... THAT IS OK... you don't have to believe until an alien takes a probe and puts it in your tail pipe, and you scream get away from you alien freak!!!!!

Me, if I accept they exist, then I may be spared that... Ah shucks at my age I have had Dr's do that to me, and call it a minimally invasive procedure... I asked since sticking a 6 ft camera all the way inside of me was minimally invasive, what would be maximum invasive, the kitchen sink???

I digress

I didn't say you didn't have an ego, but rather to continue being repeatedly abused is masochistic.

nexthyme
Msg: 724
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 10:54:59 PM
Thanks Thorb, so what that article is saying is that homo sapiens started out bi polar and or schizophrenics to create different languages???

Ummmm, I think I am going to have to do a tad more research cause that really confused the heck out of me.. Not particularly hard to do, but just the same...
 nexthyme
Msg: 727
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 2:37:55 AM
LOL, ok Thorb, thanks...

Sighhhhh, things I would rather put bamboo shoots under my nails than admit to...

Bi polar disorder runs in my family...

I did NOT develop it until I had an injection of cortisol into my spine that went into my brain... NOT A PLACE for cortisol, or a brain with the POTENTIAL to develop into bi polar...

SIGhhhhhh....

I can say this... THe disorder is a brain trip like few drugs can create... I am extremely creative, however and I have ONLY thank gosh, had to full episodes. I am the type that can NOT be treated with regular meds, I go completely toxic on these meds, and have to use a med that is used for epilepsy... It is horrible, and causes me to be tired, and forget things...

So the interesting thought that bi polar is something that helped expand the mind to a productive level is rather intense to say the least...

I have been tested by a professional hospital in pschological babble, and I have a well above average IQ... This does mean that an episode can go unnoticed for quite some time, because things I get intense about are logical well thought out discussions...

It is going over the edge that makes it less than fun, where the brain all of the sudden goes on its own tangent, and there are a handful of brain cells that get to sit and watch as the mind believes as a human they are invisible, and a host of other things...

I have a little sister with a low IQ, and she is flat out dangerous. She does NOT take meds like she should and has nearly killed her self and 8 yr old twin daughters... HOWEVER she also suffers from narcissitic personality disorder as well, so she is truly a night mare...

MY brain issue does not cause me to have fanciful thoughts, as in irrational beliefs of alien abductions for myself... Nor do I believe in them because my brain has bi polar disorder... It falls back to things I have researched, read, observed and listened to scientists believe.

A person can't be on an honor role for nearly three years if they are certifiably crazy...

THUS my posting of others who are bi polar, and have expanded the world in their knowledge...

I hate to think I have this RARE mutation, and also passed it on to one of my daughters, because she would rather have her arms and legs cut off, then ever admit she has such a disorder...

We mutants can be functional, and when treated properly are functional people, that achieve just as much as anyone else...

I have added this, because it is one of those things that I have to say really blows my mind at the moment...

Knowing the disorder as I do, there is a "window" before the total crazy slips in, that advanced thinking steps in, however this "window" can be so short, that it gets blended into the "crazy thoughts". Thus as with Henry Ford, when the took him off his meds, he had people follow him around to transcribe the rush of thoughts...

To be honest, I don't know what is worse, thinking a bunch of "crazy people" as those of us with the disorder are known, created man kind knowledge base, OR aliens...

Thanks, I guess I will really have to think about that one... Damn, there is really a major fly in my ointment....
 Jiperly
Msg: 728
Posted: 3/25/2009 5:29:40 AM
>>>you don't have to believe until an alien takes a probe and puts it in your tail pipe, and you scream get away from you alien freak!!!!!

Anyone get shades of the Christian argument of "Join us or burn for eternity" from that? "Repent your sins, or Archangel Gabriel will turn you away!"

But you're right- aliens, if they do exist, target exclusively people who do not believe. That just makes sense. I suppose I better agree with you-not because I honestly agree with you, but fear what would happen to me if I don't.

---------------------

>>>are those same scientists who argue as to the degree of probability are merely expressing a deep seated want or desire?

I think these scientists are coming to conclusions before they have found actual evidence to support their conclusions, yes.

Not that it matters- why should the fact that other people believe it affect what I believe at all? If most people believed that, if you flap your hands in a certain way you can fly, would you then start flapping? Do you form your beliefs based on what people around you believe, or do you examine a subject carefully and come to your own independant conclusions?

>>>Of course that is really only a thinly disguised version of an ad hominem argument and set up as a buffer it slides toward a closed system as well!

What? How is it at all a personal attack(argumentum ad hominem ="argument against the man")? I am not calling people names, I am demanding evidence before I reach a conclusion. And there is no evidence of aliens save someone saying they saw them. Not a spaceship, or a DNA strand or a body or a planet or anything. When asked basic questions like "how did they get here", "why aren't we affected with foriegn diseases from them", and "why are they impossible to be proven to exist", the answer is always one of two- either you don't know, but it must be true regardless, or they have Godlike powers- there is absolutely not a shread of evidence that can be tested for authencity- we must go on faith that it is either true or not.

If the fact that you are going on Faith makes you feel it is somehow insulting, that has little to do with me, and I have no ability to change that fact.
 nexthyme
Msg: 731
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 6:52:57 AM

Anyone get shades of the Christian argument of "Join us or burn for eternity" from that? "Repent your sins, or Archangel Gabriel will turn you away!"

But you're right- aliens, if they do exist, target exclusively people who do not believe. That just makes sense. I suppose I better agree with you-not because I honestly agree with you, but fear what would happen to me if I don't.

Shug now your just egg scrambling, and not getting the humor...

It was a JOKE... You are the one demanding absolute proof...

Not a single one of us on this current posting can give you that, because all the proof that MAY exist gets scrubbed clean... that part is hard to deny, even by YOUR standards... the rest you call anecdotal, or untrue fluff.. Thus it is really hard to prove much of anything when you are so set nothing exists...

Now if I can make a JOKE about having an colonoscopy, which isn't that funny if they find one of those little pre/cancerous polyps, then I am making fun of one others posters statement about probes.

By the way, REMINDER, I am NOT of any organized faith, nor do I get into that... WHY, because I find it just another way to govern people, and take their money. As I have also noted it is a really great way to staunch scientific research, and if you look into Bushology a lot of research was halted because of religious belief....

Stem cell research is a perfect example... Fertilized eggs, that were going to be destroyed, were NOT to be researched... HELL from what I recall (could be wrong) stem cells from the uterus was NOT to be researched in the US because it was stem cell research...

As for diseases, I assure you there are PLENTY of diseases where a cause, or reason for its existence is a total mystery. There is no DNA strand of any kind to locate, nor is there any explanation what has caused it... So saying that any diseases don't exist, and we have no proof that they were brought by aliens is incorrect.

THAT ISN'T to say they ARE alien, however since there is no proof of what and where, then it leaves the possibilities wide open...

Once again there are thousands upon thousands of SHREDS, you how ever have decided they just don't exist as for, or from, or about aliens... If you discount everything that does exist, then you are correct, for YOU it doesn't, however even scientists don't agree with that notion...

Another thing, magic powers, are only a label of something we don't have an understanding how it works... Einstein said mathematically there are worm holes... This THEORY hasn't been proven, but they are working on finding them...

It has barely been ALMOST a year since man kind actually got off the ground.. Let alone 59, or 62, another factoid I don't remember the date, that man kind got out of earths orbit...

That means our understanding of space travel is extremely limited...

In early 1900's man kind said it was only a dream...

HELL Bill Gates stated no household would need computers... Now people feel like they are missing an essential house hold item if they don't have one... That was in 1992...

Science has a really long ways to go...
 stargazer1000
Msg: 734
Posted: 3/25/2009 9:42:50 AM

The theory that there must be lots of life out there is just one theory. There is one I recently read about that said we may actually be more unique than we are giving ourselves credit for.

It was in a book called Rare Earth: Why Complex Life is Uncommon in the Universe and was written by Don Brownlee and Peter Ward, then of the University of Washington.

Basically, it's a hypothesis that outlines all the reasons why Earth is unique and the conditions that contributed to the development of life here are going to be repeated very rarely. However, it fails to take into account the fact that a single set of events are likely not necessary for the development of complex life on a planet.

For instance, there's nothing to say that the development of life could not happen on the moon of a gas giant. Nor is it written in stone that a planet has to be a certain size or that it has to orbit a G-class star. Water is the most common solvent for chemistry, but it's not the only possible one.

The fact that the majority of ex0-planets discovered are "Hot Jupiters" amounts mostly to an observational bias...they're the most found because they are the easiest to find.

It will be interesting to see the results of Kepler.
 nexthyme
Msg: 736
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 11:11:05 AM
^^^^^Willow as well as reports of the interference and shut down of nuclear weapons...^^^^

Thorb, there we go, something very tangible in light of some of the weirdness.

They have wanted to do studies to obliterate that/those genes...

I agree, I honestly think it IS meant to be a very natural part of us, and for those that don't have they have pot, LSD, peoty, and the crazy stuff that comes out of the tribes in South America.

Mayans were MASTER astronomers... Was reading an article about them today, and how there is this dooms day misconception on Dec 12, 2012... These people have mind blowing stuff, that makes LDS a lolly pop. There's another poster that has been on here and on the hallucinogen thread, that talked about the stuff, and he has actually tried it...

He said it took him years to come back down to earth...

NOW, just saying... If they created this power stuff, and beyond the amazement of their temples and the like, they were into some pretty savage and unorthodox thoughts... IF perhaps these trips they took, which they don't use this stuff recreational, perhaps that would explain their vast knowledge of astronomy and where they seen these things that look like astronauts.

The two "trips" I took contained seeing things that I had never heard of, until this past year, new science discovery, blah blah blah... Ohhhhh wait, I seen that on my "visual quest"... I was asked on the other thread why didn't I GET credit for such wonderments... Ummm probably because I was out of my gourd at the time, and didn't exactly know that it was UNKNOWN information...

Pot is very helpful in calming the bi polar mind as well... LOL, ODD thing to have to say, but even very good head shrinks will agree to that...

Perhaps on these mental trips for others, they seen other civilizations, the ones to far away to reach at the speed of light... Thought especially in a psychotic state, drug induced or not can't be measure for speed of travel...

Yes, it is said Atlantis was destroyed because of the war of technology... LOL, maybe where all the bi polars were banished too...
 desertrhino
Msg: 737
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 11:31:39 AM
If anyone watched the finale of BSG, the remnants of the Caprican society arrived here at Earth 150,000 years ago. They were led here by God and found genetically compatible pre-linguistic humans. They spread out over the Earth and flew their spaceships into the Sun.

It's as "plausible" as anything proposed here so far.

Of course, I actually know the definitionS of plausible, which is why the thread makes me laugh so...

plau·si·ble (plôz-bl)
adj.
1. Seemingly or apparently valid, likely, or acceptable; credible: a plausible excuse.
2. Giving a deceptive impression of truth or reliability.
3. Disingenuously smooth; fast-talking: "Ambitious, unscrupulous, energetic, ... and plausible,a political gladiator, ready for a 'set-to' in any crowd" Frederick Douglass.
 Tazed
Msg: 739
Posted: 3/25/2009 3:16:23 PM
We're an accident. An aberration of natural laws. A fracking lucky roll of the dice. We are here in this tiny window of time, an it'll never happen again. We are alone. The universe is our playground (if we can figure crap out before we Tap-Out). The only way for humans to survive forever is for us to focus all our resources on space travel. And I don't see that happening.

Think of Fermi's Paradox.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox#Basis_of_the_paradox
That's us populating the universe because there's no one else to do it.
 Tazed
Msg: 741
Posted: 3/25/2009 3:32:32 PM
Like you said, it's a big dice. But with as many sides to fit the size. And the dice isn't a cube.
 Jiperly
Msg: 745
Posted: 3/25/2009 6:41:10 PM
Dance, considering our Genus has lived for less than 100,000 years, and civilization has lived for less than 10,000 years, I really think we shouldn't be terrorifed as to where we will be in 1,000,000,000 to 3,000,000,000 years.....

I doubt any complex lifeform would still be existance in that length of time....the mankind that survives for 2 billion nine hundred ninty million years longer than all of recorded history would undoubtly be a bizarrely different creature than what we see today....
 nexthyme
Msg: 746
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 7:10:02 PM
Yeah Jiperly because of becoming so used to everything being automated, and having no desire to exercise they will ban MSG, and totally rid the world of pot, thus no fatties, then their heads will become oblong heart shaped, grayish, skinny looking creatures with nose holes, genderless, because no need to make babies, and almond shaped eyes... Oh yeah, and bald would be the beautiful thing...
 desertrhino
Msg: 749
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 10:33:07 PM
Bald? I haven't even gotten more than a handful of grey hairs yet.

*laughter* My family doesn't *do* bald. Nor grey.
 Jiperly
Msg: 754
Posted: 3/26/2009 5:00:31 AM
>>>Why not, do you think that civilizations eventually loose their will to exist?

Yes. They do all the time. Its a miracle if a country lasts more than 500 years without a violent revolution. The concept that there will be one human government, spanning multiple planets, or even multiple star systems, that lasts billions of years, is utterly incomprehenible. The only possible reason would be the ruling party would have weapons of mass destruction at the ready to wipe out revolutions.....

>>>Stars will super nova

I should point out that ours will not- when it reaches its late stages, it will expand rapidly and likely engulf the Earth, but it will not go Super Nova. Its simply not big enough.

>>>universes will begin and end

A hypothesis that cannot be proven- that we know of, this is the only universe that has ever been.

>>>or escaping to another universe

You realise thats a contradiction in terms, right? the UNI in Universe means one- singular- so the phrase "another universe" is a contradiction.

>>>What would this civilization be like after a few billion years of advancement.

They wouldn't be above evolution, that much is certain. They would change slowly every Million to Ten Million years or so, depending on their enviroment and their ability to adapt to it.

>>>If we are to believe science, anything could be possible.

No, if we are to believe what you want us to believe, we must accept that anything is possible, since you hold such a static view on absolutes solely under the premise that we must deny absolutes exists to have to defend your beliefs against the absolutes of logic, and reason.

I fear the man who states the idea that anything is possible, and claims its a scientific belief- science is the examination and indentification of natural laws that the universe and our existence follows- claiming "anything is possible" invalidates any conclusions we can make.

----------------------

>>>They are human/ humanoid if memory serves

My, isn't that convenient?

Out of all the life on Earth, 99.9999999999% is extinct- meaning that out of the diversity of life, humans are so rare its beyond conprehension. And yet, the aliens that contact us? They all look like the kind of species we can find today. Seems awefully fishy to me- shouldn't they equally look like Trilobites, or Giraffes, or SaberTooth Tigers? But no- they look like us.

And people call me arrogant...
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 758
Posted: 3/26/2009 6:56:41 AM
Well, i dont agree with any of your parts.

Give me your idea of how you think we were created? have you looking into the human system and how COMPLEX we are made ? from cells to just nervous systems ??

nothing that can just Poof and bam were here..come on man...something had to have had a hand in our creation. I study the human body and health and Nutrition.

I also read alot about this subject and i try very hard to see from both sides.
 itechman63
Msg: 759
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2009 7:23:47 AM

the human system and how COMPLEX we are made ?

The human body. The ecosystem. Everything has a purpose that feeds another action, reaction, and response. Common sense itself would explain that these things don't happen through random collisions of gases and matter. Systems must be designed and the only explanation is a Creator. Other explanations can be rationalized and made to seem plausible to some, but everything we see and know had to be designed to function as it does.

But what IS God? Could He be an alien by our definition?
 nexthyme
Msg: 761
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2009 7:55:50 AM
Dance, you are correct, it IS a what if game.

People talk about fallacious logic or reasoning, yet at the same time that is all that either side has.

That fact is we can't construct complete accurate knowledge based on bone, because logic dictates that humans, animals, et al thought and responded this or that way... It is all speculative no matter what.

As well the human brains ARE in an evolution process, this is not fanciful thinking, this is observable because of the changes in science, and the knowledge that people have today about enhancing their child's brain function. As well humans are finding ways for people to do things that could never be done before.

I agree I can't find the logical reasoning in this entire planet being one big freaking accident.

Jip I am extremely hard pressed to say that humans will NOT be able to last for billions of years...

Dinosaurs were supposed to have lasted millions, yet supposedly modern man is ONLY 10,000 yrs old...

If dinosaurs, could survive such a length of time, and were wiped out because of what ever... NO CONCRETE theories on what happened.. Why wouldn't humans be able to figure out how to continue their survival???

It isn't like statistically we don't have another 1 to 3 billion years to figure out how to get from our own planet to some place else. That is dodging the ever present danger of blowing the whole freaking planet up...

I also take issue with how people state we have proof of this or that, because we have bones... OK, so that means we also know how these individuals actually thought? We have stone tools, ummmm yeah, and if a handful of were dumped on an island with nothing but what was there, we'd also have stone tools...That or bones, with no idea as to how they did, which if they weren't bright enough, they either learn how to catch things, create tools to do so, or freaking die...

If humans are an accident, as with the whole entire ecosystem, that is ONE HELL OF AN ACCIDENT...
 Phoebus2k9
Msg: 762
Posted: 3/26/2009 8:07:15 AM
Well not only is it very illogical to think it was an accident, the fact that they ignore the whole human body period? Like what is that ?

Like i mentioned how complex we are....its to the point where we still do not know how the brain function fully. If we cannot even understand ourselves how can we begin to understand the rest of the world. how can the greatest minds even begin to try and understand the universe with how vast and enormous it truly is.

Like how can you begin to explain something that you have NEVER---NEVER SEEN?
We barely been to mars and only the moon. Its funny that sure we have images sent back but still dont get the fact that there are things running on a different level of light. Like either UV or gamma or whatever have you....it comes down to we are narrow minded in our thinking. We want to see other living things on other planets yet we use our view by which we can see and not trying other frequencies of light. The greatest example of such a thing is the Tether video by NASA on UV filtered cameras.

Like i say..your mind is like a Parachute....its not any good unless its OPEN
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 764
Posted: 3/26/2009 8:33:36 AM
#1. Please, stop trying to derail the thread. It isn't a challenge on the existence of alien life
#2. I got news for you- the belief that there is no life out there is just as much of an assumption as there is. In fact, if we are talking evidence, there is no evidence of alien life,whereas every examination of foreign celesital bodies have revealed in pro of the no alien life belief. My belief has actual factual basis. Yours is assumed. I assume what we've learned is universal. You assume what we've found is simply faulty, or wrong, with no evidence or explaination why.
#3. You honestly believe we cannot critize the idea that there is no alien life until we are all the way outside of our own Galaxy? Going at the speed of light, it would take more years than all of recorded human history- over 10,000 years. Glad to see you don't ask for impossible circumstances to be willing to allow critisim.

But what about the quantum slip stream drive in their space ship???

maybe that's why they keep coming back in search of intelligent life.....???

FAIL!

Phoebus2k9
Msg: 767
Posted: 3/26/2009 12:35:21 PM

I enjoy attempting to think about perhaps as an alien might think, ~ where's the women?

if you read the bible ...they did exactly that ....came for the women...

when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. {5} And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
 nexthyme
Msg: 769
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2009 1:44:11 PM
Mad ya never got back to me...

HOWEVER, ever see the show books that didn't make the bible??? It is mind blowing if you haven't... there is a I and II.

As well there is also a few different shows about translation, and or the MISTRANSLATION...

ME, I am NOT a huge fan, ok lets face it, I despise organized religion, simply because what didn't seem to fit got booted, and what seemed to be needed and revised for personal gain had that done as well...

That is a book that goes back who the hell knows how far, and how many different stories it was translated from in its conception, LET ALONE, these "stories" were transcribed sometimes a thousand or so years after the fact...

At my age, I can't repeat a story 100% accurate after it was told to me, let alone 15 minutes later... THEREFORE I find translation from word of mouth, and or a different language extremely, how do I put this... Sketchy at best...

THIS IS NO KNOCK of anyone that is into organized religion, and hey if people feel they are getting the TRUE word of God, knock yourselves out...

I have found some INTERESTING stories in there, however I think translation of these stories, is much like the translation of art after the person who did it has died... People interpret it to what ever meaning they interpret it into...

I am an artist, and my work is extremely complex and detailed... Each bit has a very significant meaning, however unless I write down what each part means, and how it fits together, people are going to have a real hard time getting my artistic drift...

This is not a bash, however even me open to a lot of things have an extremely skeptical eye as to what is exactly meant in biblical scripture...

Personally several stories sounds like a modern day LSD trip, OR as in the story of moses, an Alien abduction, mess with the little entertaining "monkeys" minds story... BUT that is just me...
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >