Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
     
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jiperly
Joined: 8/30/2006
Msg: 770
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?Page 18 of 53    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
>>> For something to begin from nothing breaks the rule.

Alright, lets say you're right- that there has been multiple universes- then what was here before the FIRST universe?

I may seem illogical that something came from nothing- but the fact that the universe is not infinate kinda proves that...yea...somewhere, at sometime, something DID come from nothing. This is an unavoidable fact.

>>> This rule of cause and effect is proof that existence in one form or another has always been.

Huh?

Matter certainly has existed for 14 Billion years, but existance? Existance is not an absolute- it depends on certain conditions, and it only applies to a certain form- life. And life has existed on this planet for 5 billion years- clearly existance did not always exist, because life did not always exist.

This is bizarre- you're arguing both the Big Bang theory as well as the constant state theory, and acting like they are one and the same.....

>>>Scientists now theorize that we are a part of a multiverse of of perhaps an infinite number of universes.

Then shouldn't you have said "Multiverse"? Thats like saying you own one car, and you drove both of them to work- it doesn't make sense, no matter how many times you demand it does, because you have already stated it is singular by the defination of the word.

Semantics, really, but it really annoys me when people co-opt a word to have an opposite meaning because they have no concept as to what the word means...

----------------

>>> Well not only is it very illogical to think it was an accident


Well, thats the theory- life, evolution, and everything in it is a random accident, yes. You demanding that human life is too complex to come naturally, and thus aliens did it, is no more valid than a creationist demanding that human life is too complex to come naturally, and thus God did it.

>>>Like i mentioned how complex we are....its to the point where we still do not know how the brain function fully. If we cannot even understand ourselves how can we begin to understand the rest of the world. how can the greatest minds even begin to try and understand the universe with how vast and enormous it truly is.

So we must understand how our body stores information before we understand the compisition of the sun? Imagine if that level of standard was applied to everything in life- if Edison was told that, no, he shouldn't bother attempting to understand the lightbulb before he fully understands how everything in the human body works.

Again, all you people do is an appeal to ignorance- you plead to us how much we don't know, as evidence against what we do, because what we do contradicts what you wish to be true.

----------------

>>>FAIL!

Did....did they respond to a 5 month old response?

---------------

>>>I retract my response!

I was wondering why you took that post so personally- lol- no harm done- although the line kinda signifies I'm talking to someone else now....even if I used the quote system properly, you'd still have that problem....
 nexthyme
Joined: 9/12/2007
Msg: 771
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/26/2009 4:38:54 PM

if Edison was told that, no, he shouldn't bother attempting to understand the lightbulb before he fully understands how everything in the human body works.


Edison was not a man of medical science, so that would not make sense. However other people were, a hell of a lot were falling on their face miserably, but they were trying, thus medical science prevails today...And Dr's PRACTICE medicine...

Now lets take a look at the light bulb, the original one... Pull what ever site you like, then look at the really cute curl shaped one... One principle of it is the same, and that is it is in a sealed vacuum, oh yeah and that electricity makes it work.. However even the use of electricity is different back then it was DC, now we use (pretty much most countries) use AC.

I was trying to make an omelet yesterday, however I was sitting in the park, no fridge, no eggs, no chickens, no stove, hell didn't even have a lighter... Guess the theory that you can make things out of nothing doesn't make all that much logical sense when it comes to making an omelet.

An omelet isn't even rocket science... Yet the universe was made out of NOTHING... Please pass the bong, think I need to get a little philosophical on this thought, and understand how to make something out of complete nothing...
 desertrhino
Joined: 11/30/2007
Msg: 772
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/26/2009 5:00:28 PM
Oh carp, we're falling into THIS again:

http://skepdic.com/dvinefal.html
 Jiperly
Joined: 8/30/2006
Msg: 774
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/26/2009 6:27:24 PM
>>>Edison was not a man of medical science, so that would not make sense.

Then neither does what phobus said makes sense, since he clearly said we should understand medical science before we understand astrophysics.

-------------------------

>>>If you take the analogy of a ball rolling down the street, there are only two possible conclusions that can be formed about the motion of the ball.

I'm not saying matter is continuing to appear from nothing- I'm saying it happened once, and the result of which was a violent explosion the likes of which has not been seen since.

>>>Contradiction. First you say matter existed for 14 billion years, and then you claim only life can exist.

I said life has existed for 5 billion years. I fail to see the contradiction.
 azurwth
Joined: 12/9/2008
Msg: 779
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/26/2009 8:49:58 PM
oh no you can deffentily say white people were at one time aliens, if you look around white people dont look like anything on this planet, black and shit look like monkeys and ape like creatures, but whites were brought to this planet at a latter time, but also yeah all humans could have been created by aliens to and were just ants in an ant farm...
 Bluesman2008
Joined: 4/2/2008
Msg: 787
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/27/2009 4:37:33 PM
TruthSeeker333 these are excellent points and well taken. I think that, if it walks and talks like a duck, then it's most likely a duck or, as Jung pointed out "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". I think the ancients described things in their day the best they could given what they knew at the time from their frame of reference.
 REDDRAGON.
Joined: 10/9/2008
Msg: 790
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/28/2009 1:01:33 AM
>>>FAIL!

>>>Did....did they respond to a 5 month old response?


>>> This thread is has become beyond silly

>>>As in a dog spinning chasing it's own tail.....silly


>>> I think it is very silly not to keep an open mind .

>>> As madfiddler pointed out no one person on this thread can actually prove
if it's plausible or not.

>>> nor can it be dismissed or refuted completely

>>>..... >> I'm gonna carry on keeping an open mind , I'm not gonna go through life having people drive my nose in to a pile of chit just to prove me wrong, and then get up and still say I'm right.


>>> do we really know if it is possible or not?..... so called scientist will continue to wonder I'm sure.


>>> who was that guy that said "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

>>> He had long fuzzy hair and a moustache.


>>>.......<--------- is this annoying or is it just me????
 stargazer1000
Joined: 1/16/2008
Msg: 792
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/28/2009 5:13:42 AM

If such beings occur, it would seem to me that they have command over a level of physics that renders them "extra-dimensional" for want of a better word, and we are little more than gnats to them...


Bingo! Fiddler gets to the crux of it...if aliens can transit great distances, etc, then what would they really need from a bunch of slightly-smarter-than-the-rest apes like us? Kinda silly, if you think about it in those terms, eh?
 stargazer1000
Joined: 1/16/2008
Msg: 793
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/28/2009 5:30:51 AM
Regarding cause and effect in the universe: I think I might point out at this point that some might argue the rule of "cause and effect" is one of those things that is true in the universe, like the mass of particles, or the speed of light. However, that might not necessarily be true of the universe itself. Don't forget, there was a period of rapid inflation at the earliest moments of the Big Bang. As a result, the universe as a whole may have expanded faster than the speed of light.

That said, the idea of "what banged" is something being examined closely. On the Perimeter Institute website, there is a discussion by Neil Turok on that very question. Check it out.
 nexthyme
Joined: 9/12/2007
Msg: 798
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/28/2009 12:43:26 PM
Pseudo-science at its finest OR something worth thinking about...

(http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=negative+blood+rh+factor&btnG=Google+Search)

I have written about the neg RH factor in humans before.... In all the world there is only 15%, this is not about the typing, like A, B, O, AB, but rather if the there is a negative or positive RH factor...

All creatures have a positive RH factor, except for 15% of the human population, this the question where did that neg RH factor come from, and why is it that a mother with a neg RH factor can carry one fetus with a positive RH factor, but until a couple of decades ago would generally abort a pos RH factor fetus.

This + Rh factor is common with the Rhesus monkey, and would make sense as to it being the same for man kind having that commonality. However the - RH factor is an anomaly and completely uncommon for these.

The Problem comes along when a fetus has a + RH factor in a mother with - RH factor, after a first pregnancy with a +RH factor fetus, any + RH factored fetus USUALLY will develop haemolytic disease, thus causing the fetus to abort. This does not happen with Rh- fetuses.

People have brought up the bible, and in the bible blood is one of the terms brought up very often. Does this mean there is blood with a Neg RH factor from another source? Before the hemoglobulan treatments a could decades ago, those women with this - rh factor were having miscarriages, and there was no understood reason why.

Thorb brought up Bi polar disorder, something that is also known to happen along side extremely intellectual beings..

The Bi polar issue is something man kind would like to locate the gene, and remove it. However those with the disorder, despite the radical mood swings, in an intellectual person, having that part of them dulled down through drugs, makes them feel lifeless, and flat.

These anomalies are known, and as of yet only dealt with, however they are NOT understood, nor do they have a known cause to them.

Time was brought up by Dance, when traveling beyond the sped of light, or even up to it, time goes backwards... Thus if a person has left this planet 20 yrs ago, that person will be 20 yrs younger at the point that they are at, then the people left on earth.

If a person arrives at some other planet, going back could mean that planet will no longer exist, and those who had been monitoring them would be older, if not dead...

Thus time is altered in a way, not time itself, but with other factors, it no longer holds the same rules as sitting on our planet in a everyday run of the rat race fashion...

What my ramble proves is that these things have something to say, directions to point us in different directions... The where, meh I have no answer to that, however I do want to know the WHY....

Those on the what is possible in this scheme of life still see questions boldly being asked where no man has gone before...

 Bluesman2008
Joined: 4/2/2008
Msg: 802
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/30/2009 7:35:16 PM

I was labouring under the misapprehension that the 'cigar' quip was a response by Freud himself following a lecture at Clark university...I certainly never knew that it was in fact attributed to Jung...who knew???!!!


I stand corrected. It was Freud and not Jung.

There is no gravity. The earth sucks.
 nexthyme
Joined: 9/12/2007
Msg: 805
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/31/2009 1:09:47 PM
Truthseeker, thank you so much for your post...

I had heard about the same story you spoke on, however it was passed to me by someone else, and I had no idea where to look. I didn't remember the location, and I also didn't know how to prove or disprove "psuedo science".


In china, there are caves where they have found steel discs, these discs are hundreds of thousands years old with odd markings on them. However the Chinese keep them to themselves and that is that.

I have also brought up the negative RH factor, reason I bring that up, is because repeatedly the no way to life being altered, it is ALL evolution. This evolution of blood, would not be plausible, and as a matter of fact, scientist shrug their shoulders about it.

What makes the negative RH blood factor interesting, is that a male that is RH neg and a female that is rh neg will not produce a live off spring... This seems to go against a lot of natural selections, and recessive "genes", which for some of us is an interesting anomaly.

I agree that Tolkien is not going to be seen as a good source for who, or what we were as humans 1000 yrs from now. However as you mentioned if the Library of Alexandria were available, and a host of others, that no longer exist, we would have our answers without debate...

Funny how humans have no qualms in erasing history at will.

Take our history now, it is all being loaded on electric data...I personally have to ask, how reliable will that be for our future, and will our history be known and understood in 1000 yrs?

There are still books to be read, and even our own Declaration of Independence, as well as the US Constitution that is in writing... However even now, these documents 200 + yrs later are being left to NEW interpretation as society advances...

You have brought up some very interesting points... Especially about travel of the "spirit"...

Your post adds to the thought of what has been lost, taken into private collections, destroyed, and lost in time... It is little wonder that we humans have a hard time understanding our origins when even now our own history is being RE WRITTEN by whom ever is in power, and wants to dictate to the rest of the world what is true, and what is not.

Why does it come as a surprise that this has happened repeatedly???
 desertrhino
Joined: 11/30/2007
Msg: 806
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/31/2009 1:41:21 PM

I have also brought up the negative RH factor, reason I bring that up, is because repeatedly the no way to life being altered, it is ALL evolution. This evolution of blood, would not be plausible, and as a matter of fact, scientist shrug their shoulders about it.

They shrug their shoulders because the mechanism for a deletion allele to come into existence is trivial and well-characterized, not because there's no way it could have happened on its own. It's a little odd that it persists in certain genetic pools, but weirder things happen all the time. Perhaps you should research the possible benefits from a RhD-negative phenotype, rather than jumping to the convenient and intellectually lazy explanation of "aliens did it."


What makes the negative RH blood factor interesting, is that a male that is RH neg and a female that is rh neg will not produce a live off spring...

Incorrect. The only time RhD comes into play in human reproduction is when the female is RhD-negative and the male is RhD-positive. IF the fetus inherits the RhD-positive allele from the father, there is a possibility that the female will generate anti-RhD antibodies subsequent to the pregnancy. In the SECOND and subsequent pregnancy, if the fetus is also RhD-positive, the mother's antibodies can attack the fetus' red blood cells.
 nexthyme
Joined: 9/12/2007
Msg: 807
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/31/2009 2:16:50 PM

Incorrect. The only time RhD comes into play in human reproduction is when the female is RhD-negative and the male is RhD-positive. IF the fetus inherits the RhD-positive allele from the father, there is a possibility that the female will generate anti-RhD antibodies subsequent to the pregnancy. In the SECOND and subsequent pregnancy, if the fetus is also RhD-positive, the mother's antibodies can attack the fetus' red blood cells.


I addressed the RH positive male, and female... However and I have to relocate the site, which was NOT an aliens did it site, that talked about, how TWO RH negatives would not produce a live fetus.

I am RH Neg, and my first child is RH Pos, however the 2nd two are RH neg... The dads are both RH pos. and the Dr said they had a recessive rh neg factor to produce a Neg baby. I can't find the site I pulled the info off of..At the moment...

However blood that has is RH positive can NOT be given to a person with RH Neg blood, or it can end up killing the person. That means it is more of an issue than just to fetuses...
"When IgM antibodies bind to the transfused cells, the transfused cells can clump. It is vital that compatible blood is selected for transfusions and that compatible tissue is selected for organ transplantation. Transfusion reactions involving minor antigens or weak antibodies may lead to minor problems. However, more serious incompatibilities can lead to a more vigorous immune response with massive RBC destruction, low blood pressure, and even death." WIKI (yes I used wiki, but since I am being lazy according to you, I might as well get real lazy)

By the way, instead of the insults of saying the ALIENS did it.... Actually repeat what I said, which was it is an interesting anomaly, and supposed mutation...

When there is ONLY 15% of the population that has neg RH blood factor it seems quite interesting to at the very least find out WHY it happened, where, and what purpose it has served...

I personally don't have the ability to work in a lab to research the question my self, that isn't laziness, it is just a fact of life... I find it really annoying how you love to belittle peoples ability to research something, when in fact there isn't A LOT of information on how THIS mutation has occurred...

The fact is there is A LOT OF THINGS that are oddities, and there is NO scientific explanation either because it isn't that interesting, OR because it is passed off as just something that happened...

What ever the case that suits you, some of us would like a better explanation than it JUST being something that happened... That information isn't out there from what I have researched... AND YES It has been of interest to me for 26 yrs...
 Rainsands
Joined: 1/9/2007
Msg: 808
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/31/2009 3:33:33 PM

I addressed the RH positive male, and female... However and I have to relocate the site, which was NOT an aliens did it site, that talked about, how TWO RH negatives would not produce a live fetus.


Rh neg is a recessive trait ~ therefore both fathers and mothers who are Rh negative will each throw one of their two recessive genes resulting in an Rh negative baby. If by chance the infant is stillborn, it would be for reasons other than Rh factors.
 stargazer1000
Joined: 1/16/2008
Msg: 815
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 4/7/2009 5:48:17 PM
The first Earth was Lyra and was placed in the Vega Star System.
The second Earth was Pleiades and was placed in the Pleiades Star System.


Really need to get your astrophysics straight there Rehxfei...Vega and the Pleiades are both way too young to be hosting life-bearing planets. In fact, the Pleiades cluster (of which there are a couple hundred members) is about 100 million years old and still enshrouded in remnant nebula.

Lyra is the constellation in which Vega resides. Vega is also surrounded by a very dense disk of gas and dust.

Oh yeah, by the way: Ether is a very out of date concept.
 Tazed
Joined: 3/19/2009
Msg: 820
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 4/8/2009 6:37:02 AM
We didn't come from aliens. The missing link can be explaned with an evolutionary burst or leap. A "leap" only in that the change happened too fast to be recorded in the fosil records (layers). We know evolution can move very quickly. For example, an article in Science magazine had this to say about the evolution of guppies in the absence of preditors. "When moved to predator-free pools, the fish grew larger and reached sexual maturity later, all in the space of 4 to 7 years--showing that evolution can sometimes move at top speed. "

I believe we developed quickly on our own without external push of a god or aliens.

"Mutation: it is the key to our evolution. It has enabled us to evolve from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. This process is slow, and normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward." -- Prof. Charles Francis Xavier
 Jiperly
Joined: 8/30/2006
Msg: 821
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 4/8/2009 7:33:27 AM
>>>Thought the topic was a little stale and wanted to bring in the old chicken and egg angle.

Its gone stale because people keep making extraordinary claims that are actually contradicted by the facts- Rehxfei's reaction to the truth that Vegas and Pleiades is actually extremely revealing to how open-minded he is. These areas are uninhaitable, and are too young for life, let alone intelligent life, to appear on it- and what is his response to that fact?

We aren't doing our research.

>>>Does it mean that after abandoning religion these people still have to have some sort of substitute?

Shhhh- they like to pretend it isn't....
 nexthyme
Joined: 9/12/2007
Msg: 822
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 4/8/2009 3:39:21 PM
Jiperly, you are breaking YOUR OWN rule... How do you know for a FACT that these areas are to young for ANY LIFE, let alone intelligent life???

Really now, isn't that just scientific speculation since we REALLY haven't managed to get out of our solar system, and pick up dirt samples, gas samples, or see if there is some sort of water, or acidic thermal gas vents that just may have magically as here spouted out life???

If you are gonna take a stance of FACT, and say it IS a fact, don't you really need absolute proof, or doesn't that fall under the category of a fallacious logical speculation.

If there is one thing I have learned from this VERY thread is just because someone says it is or isn't so, does not make it so unless there is absolute proof, stargazer said so...

We can't run any tests on any of the planets in said area, and or have any actual tangible data other than blurry pictures, but does a blurry picture count as an absolute proof???

From research it was said a young lady from Plieadia had come to visit earth to bring news of peace (some time in the 1970's), and evolvement of mankind, however she had to go back to her home planet, because this planet made her deathly ill. She was said to have very pale skin, the thinnest silky white blond hair, and very large eyes of blue...

Meh, guess since DNA wasn't a viable or even know science thus a way of finding out whether she was for real or not, and nobody that we know of took a blood sample, or dusted for finger prints we will not know... That to will fall to a mythical story...

BUT MY POINT IS, if you tell others to bring in tangible evidence, then state something as factual, be aware you are going to be held by the same standards of scientific proof as evidence.. Just saying what you did, does not make it true...



I personally don't know if Rehxfei is full of it, or not... I am not a scientist, I can't demand a DNA sample, and even if I did, and found it had anomalies what would that prove???

Perhaps we have aliens all around us, yet since they look like us, and act like us, we don't know that they really are from some place else, BESIDES earth that is... Damn if I came from outer space the last thing I would admit to any single person I was an alien, saying please show me your nearest butt or va jay jay probe.

Then if the ancient stories are true, and some people did come from other planet, it still wouldn't be all that shocking if DNA could be matched up to some ancient family...

The reality here is that not all things can be called facts, just because they don't fit in what makes sense to us.

The only person I know that gets leeway when saying, "If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true" is judge judy (yeah I know, but hey it does provide interesting mediation theory)... She has been prove wrong a number of times over the years, and yet she still says that...AND she even gets away with it, since it is binding mediation...

Stale or not, someone ask for a claim of knowledge, and when they got it, they immediately dismissed the person. Frankly I don't expect anyone of you to run to his neighbor hood to see what he's smoking, OR if he may really know something...

But it is ONLY a theory that the pleiadian galaxy and Vega star is younger and uninhabitable... The "Scientific process" requires more than theory to be considered a fact.

I'm just saying now....

vvvvvvShug don't wait to long... I got it... I know the difference, however if a person says facts, then wants proof for others FACTS, I like seeing both sides cough up facts....to much to ask???vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 desertrhino
Joined: 11/30/2007
Msg: 823
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 4/8/2009 3:49:55 PM
I'm just patiently waiting for nexthyme to finally realize/understand/accept the differences between "theory" in the vernacular, and scientific theory, hypothesis, conjecture, and the rest of those easily-confused concepts.
 Jiperly
Joined: 8/30/2006
Msg: 824
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 4/8/2009 5:07:46 PM
>>>How do you know for a FACT that these areas are to young for ANY LIFE, let alone intelligent life???

Lets see- our solar system is 5 billion years old- it took nearly 1 billion years for life to form- it took another 2 billion years for multicellar critters to form- and now, you want us to believe that alien life can develop in 1/40 the time it took us, just cause you feel it could?

>>>If you are gonna take a stance of FACT, and say it IS a fact, don't you really need absolute proof, or doesn't that fall under the category of a fallacious logical speculation.

Quick question;

Do you even know if planets can survive in that area?
 stargazer1000
Joined: 1/16/2008
Msg: 825
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 4/8/2009 5:58:29 PM
Suspected we would get to mention of the Pleiades at some point.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts11236952.aspx

Interesting thyme that you would say I said anything about "absolute proof." Strangely enough, I don't recall using that phrase, perhaps because I don't believe such a thing exists. Now, a preponderance of evidence, yes. Absolute proof? Trickier concept.


But it is ONLY a theory that the pleiadian galaxy and Vega star is younger and uninhabitable... The "Scientific process" requires more than theory to be considered a fact.


Okay, well first of all "theory" has been explained ad nauseum. And the Peiades as an open cluster has been observed throughout the ages (including myself through several telescopes over the years). It is easily characterized as a young cluster of stars, especially since we understand the stellar evolutionary process rather well and observe its . Sure, there are elements that require further clarification, but we have the broadstrokes.

By no means are the presence of planets precluded from existing around the members of the Pleiades. In fact, observations of stars throughout the sky strongly support their eventual development. Indeed, they likely have already started to form. However...big "but" here...they're still a long way from a remotely stable system.

Rather than reading some Internet "aliens speak to me" source, try reading about these things from more reliable sources like the SETI institute (by the way, not solely government funded, in fact, founded following the cutting off of government funds to SETI research), any university astronomy research site, or even from a magazine like Sky and Telescope or Astronomy?

In short, the Pleiades are as likely to be the source of a more advanced civilization at this point in its evolution as cotton is to grow from a naturally occuring lemon tree. And while you're happy to deride the "scientific process" thyme, you might consider that the process you are so derisive is one that is far more likely to make the discovery of intelligent life out there than people sitting around, playing with crystals and patting each other on the back for how "spiritual" they are. Science requires discipline.

So which is more likely? Someone claiming to be from another planet is suffering from a psychological delusion or they're actually from another planet? Well, I think you can guess my opinion on that.
 nexthyme
Joined: 9/12/2007
Msg: 826
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 4/8/2009 7:27:37 PM
Stargazer, I could have swore, damn post final brain mush is a biotch, you explained what scientific proof is....

My point is this, YES, I know the Plieadians are known as a young group of stars... I have read that, in fact an amateur astronomer showed me the group, that and Vega... Beautiful stars under the scope...

My point is this, if a poster Jipper a good example, is going to say show me the proof, Fiddler is gonna laugh and say show me da proof... Then it can be returned....

I don't care if the other poster wears tin foil, and gets his info from a 1920's cathotube from the first x ray machine..

The question was do we come from aliens... If someone says they have it on good source, instead of just saying your a whack up your lithium and you will think better. I want them to impeach them self, with the information they have.

As I said after thinking about it, our own idea of what aliens look like are warped by movie and TV, therefore if we were visited and these aliens looked human, would we know???

I don't deride the scientific process in the least, however I just like anyone that takes a analytical look at what another person is saying EXPECTS that those who are holding up "the science process" as the holy grail of all knowledge, use the scientific process.

Even Carl Sagan, well respected by Fiddler, says not to be so quick to dismiss some of the things we consider psuedoscience, because at a later time that data may be proven correct.

I have been spared no mercy if I say something that doesn't make sense, or sounds logical, or has a fallacious flow of logic, had to take that class to get my degree, and just because A moves to B, doesn't always mean it will be followed by C.

The respected scientists have like Mishi Kauka, the Asian metaphysist on Science and Geo channel also says keep an open mind, and be willing to follow trails that have been traveled before, but didn't go any where...

If I said I had any facts on any of these subjects, it would be a total crock, and I have never said I had facts... However I am willing to entertain the idea others may know something I don't...
 nexthyme
Joined: 9/12/2007
Msg: 828
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 4/8/2009 11:06:51 PM
Mad I like your idea of eight impossibles before breakfast. Think I will give that a try, and see how that feels for a while...

Don't get me wrong, I don't say accepting outright gibberish, however as an growing mind, I like to see where a person is WILLING to take their idea... WHY, because maybe, just maybe they will have some sort of theory that does take me down a path that makes sense.

Nobody has to jump in a car and take the full ride without looking out the windows, or asking questions as to exactly where a person is going.

The really cool thing about the forums is their are people that are going to say things that make us go, OMG, can you be for real... I want to know why a person thinks that way, that is taking the time to explore where that persons mind has been, and what has gotten them there.

I will NOT take anything away from someone that THEY truly believe, because even those who are out in the left field get a ball knocked their way from time to time.

As I said, I got to thinking about this WHOLE question of aliens, and us not having proof, and then wondered, key word wondered, if perhaps we have been surrounded by them all the time, but didn't recognize them because they looked like us...

That is the beginning of a hypothetical question, we have many many claims of unexplained lights, but a lot of people saying well we sure don't have any aliens to prove that these lights mean anything... Or do we, and just didn't know it???

If we are looking for the things depicted on the movies, or tv, then yeah we probably don't have any aliens, but if they looked like us, then maybe we have, and just didn't know it...

I can make no claims of facts... hell I worked in the medical field a long time, and did see a few weird things that Dr's couldn't explain... Never crossed my mind they were from some place else, BUT then again, what if they were?

I guess you can say that is 1 of my 8 for the day... Tomorrow it won't matter, because it isn't something I can prove or disprove... But today it is something that crossed my mind, and I was willing to ask the question what if, doesn't matter if it is true or not....It is only the First step in the scientific process...
 Jiperly
Joined: 8/30/2006
Msg: 830
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 4/9/2009 2:04:06 PM
>>>Would it not be safe to assume that if highly advanced lifeforms exist in other parts of the cosmos that they just might have something more important to do than to muck about with our genes?

Isn't that an assumption upon assumption upon assumption?

That IF there is alien life(assumption #1), and IF this alien life evolves into intelligent life(assumption #2), and if the both are true, then that implies there is a greater reason or purpose behind life(assumption #3)

And only if all three assumptions are correct can we come to any real conclusions.....

>>>(theoretically)

Exactly- we've yet to find these numerous planets.

>>>Would it make sense that a species would travel lightyears

Honestly, I'm not convinced that light speed travel makes any sense to begin with- the distances are simply too great....
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >