Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 832
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?Page 19 of 53    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
Last not least, the fact that the universe was created out of nothing in a big bang is a rather fantastical theory, but many jump on the band wagon of it being plausible... A whole unquestionable amount of stuff out of totally nothing???

Then there is the making of one single planet out of billions upon billions, that we know are there, that just one single one not only created itself in this whirl of nothingness, but went on to pull all these elements from nothing into life...

Single cell of course, but from that single cell branched and mutated in to millions of different living things. Went from being covered with water, to destroyed several times, froze over from an ice age or more???

Which then resulted in this creatures, well just one single creature out of the millions into one that complicated the ecosystem with their ever insatiable need to travel, destroy what ever is in their way, climb what ever is worth climbing, and to top it off, decide that looking beyond this single planet worth while...

This happened over what was it again mind failing 7 billion years of earth existence???? That is pretty freaking fantastical of a story, yet it is considered probable, and with as many millions of accidental occurrences that have happened, we have this great piece of electronic equipment to argue the whole point...

I don't know which theory sounds more fantastical than the next, so what the heck... As an explorer, a visionary that knows she can't get her own ass of this planet, why not think perhaps someone other culture might have???

Hell it is fantastical that two cells not even visible with the naked eye contains all the plans and blue print to create a living being. One that has a variety of DNA in this NEW package, and the ability to think, and one day maybe come up with the cure for some horrible ailment, or be a societal menace...

What really makes it more fantastical is that these two cells are a great distance apart,considering the size compared to where they have to go. Have a window of the very most of 72 hours, and have to find each other without sight or knowing where to go, except that they were just designed by "accident" to do this...

No wonder sci fi tales are so damn amazing
 BumFluff122
Msg: 835
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 4/11/2009 1:25:44 AM
The Big Bang theory doesn't state that the Universe was created from nothingness. It states that it was created from a singularity.

And if you want to see things created out of nothingness all you need do is look at quantum particles and see hwo the leap in and out of material existence.
 Jiperly
Msg: 837
Posted: 4/11/2009 12:52:51 PM
>>A whole unquestionable amount of stuff out of totally nothing???

And the alterative? Either everything came from nothing, or everything always was- and the evidence shows us that there was a point where, yes, the known universe didn't exist. Disagree? Don't simply express that you don't agree- state WHY either our conclusions are flawed or what your conclusions are right- again, as with all your
claims, you object against the evidence, saying its not good enough evidence, while gladly accepting any theory that has no evidence backing it up....

Basically, you disagree not because the evidence opposes our conclusion, but rather, you cannot conceive a universe made up of nothingness, and thus, the universe must have always been(which is the logical fallacy "Argument from Personal Incredulity")

>>>Then there is the making of one single planet out of billions upon billions, that we know are there

I disagree- as of March 2009, according to Wikipedia, there has been only 344 extrasolar(outside our solar system) planets discovered. So yes, there are LIKELY to be billions upon billions of planets out there, but what is the number of planets "that we know are there"? Three Hundred Forty Four is the correct answer

>>>7 billion years of earth existence????

Five.

>>>That is pretty freaking fantastical of a story

Wait wait wait- so you think its exceptional and a mircle it happened at all- but in the same breath, you explain that not only MUST have happen twice, but the other time it happens far faster than the first time.

>>>As an explorer, a visionary that knows she can't get her own ass of this planet, why not think perhaps someone other culture might have???

And if we were discussing Science Fiction, I'd find nothing wrong with that- but we are discussing scientific fact, not the joy you get from believing the possiblity that the laws of the universe can be defied.
 nexthyme
Msg: 838
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2009 2:46:00 PM
Jipper, once again you have used the word FACT... That is as inaccurate as me thinking it was all sci fi...

There is NO WAY TO KNOW FOR A FACT, what happened in the beginning, thus it is theory and speculation.... You don't like the FACT, I don't agree with what you state is a fact, which many others scientists openly say we don't know and are searching for this fact.

If we knew this to be a FACT, then why would we be searching to prove this fact??? IF two cars collide in an intersection the only fact you have is that there was a collision. Witnesses, and the two people that were directly involved in the collision holds the facts... HOWEVER if both drivers are dead, and there were no witnesses all you have is the fact a collision happened, and that the what and how are now speculative.

I can pull up data showing there are billions of galaxies out there. Scientist are looking to see where we began and where the universe ends...

Yippy scientists have counted 344??? Wow, they need to keep up the good work cause they have a long ways to go, and currently with our limited view they can't see all of them... WHICH by the way is a fact...

Jip stay away from statements as FACTS... Because I can tell you science and the universe is ever changing, and moving forward...

Here's an interesting fact, sloth used to be thought of as an illness, so this one SUPPOSED dr started putting chopped up goat testicles into mens bodies... He had written testimony that it was a miracle cure for slothfulness... However after a fact finding mission, the Dr wasn't a Dr, and some 44 or so men died from this surgery...

It would do you some good to ALLOW for people to see things the way they do, especially if what makes sense to them doesn't hurt anyone else, and the FACT that their are scientist that actually think the same thing...

There are a few FACTS I know... Cut a humans heart out, brain out, or inflict some serious damage to a humans body, and that person has a very low likelihood of surviving...
Animals that contain a heart and brain are the same way...

Get to close to extreme heat a person will get burned... Get to close to something extremely cold, and the person will get freezer burn...

Past that, I don't have some fancy idea about what happened.. You want to make the assumption I do, that is YOUR choice, but not a FACT for me... However the whole things sounds rather fantastical, and I don't have to have some other explanation as to what happened, just as YOU don't because that is NOT my field of expertise... However I am allowed to have an opinion as do you, which that IS my opinion, and until someone comes up with something that gives more EMPIRICAL evidence as it being a fact, or of some other fact, I will continue to watch and what for a better explanation...

Nobody is required to agree with what a handful of scientist say, that is the beauty of having free will....
 FrogO_Oeyes
Msg: 840
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2009 9:03:53 AM

and the FACT that their are scientist that actually think the same thing...

For the purposes of this discussion, this is an appeal to authority. Being self-annoited "scientists" does not give them any ability or credibility.

There are a few FACTS I know... and that person has a very low likelihood of surviving...

This is true, and I've removed the excess baggage to show why. It's a fact that statistics show a low liklihood of survival in these cases.

Get to close to extreme heat a person will get burned... Get to close to something extremely cold, and the person will get freezer burn...

These are NOT facts. They are hypotheses. You could even legitimately call them theories. Predictions are not facts, no matter how reliable they are. These particular predictions are actually slightly less reliable than the theory of evolution.

that is YOUR choice, but not a FACT for me

Predictions may vary, but the facts remain the same.

and I don't have to have some other explanation as to what happened

Scientifically speaking, you do. In order to rule out a theory [which is by definition, a "best explanation"], one must provide another theory [a BETTER explanation]. "Better" and "best" here refer to logicly consistent and supported by observable facts and known processes.

You're certainly right that you're free to hold an opinion. It just seems senseless to me to attempt to deny or refute a solid theory without having the ability to actually do so.

and until someone comes up with something that gives more EMPIRICAL evidence as it being a fact, or of some other fact, I will continue to watch and what for a better explanation

Apart from some necessary nit-picking, this would seem to be a pretty good and reliable standpoint. The nit-picking is that the empirical evidence IS the facts. Any explanations for those facts are theories or hypotheses.

Nobody is required to agree with what a handful of scientist say,

Whether or not one agrees with the theory of gravity, one is still bound by the observed effects. Whether or not one agrees with the theory of evolution, evolution continues to take place all around us. Agree or disagree, even Sitchin might be right...but it's highly unlikely in the face of the evidence.

Aliens? No empirical evidence they exist, and any associated logic doesn't add up.
Evolution? Mountains [literally] of empirical evidence, and logicly consistent.
Big bang? Take a couple snapshots of an explosion in a vacuum. Calculate the speed and direction of all observed pieces, and run the film back. A "big bang" is the only conclusion. It's the causes, ends, and original conditions which are up for debate. Expansion from a single point of origin 14+ billion years ago isn't, so far.
 nexthyme
Msg: 841
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2009 1:49:25 PM
Frog, and ya know I totally respect you...

There is that, damn need my guy to remind me of the name of the thing... Accelerator device they have built in Is it Switzerland... (sorry would look all this up if I didn't have 100 other things going) There is a lot of flake as to why many scientist don't believe doing that experiment. It still remains a theory, IF the machine doesn't succeed at creating a "baby universe, that is in a whirling stage of gathering into stars and planets, and all the other really amazing things...

Apart from some necessary nit-picking, this would seem to be a pretty good and reliable standpoint. The nit-picking is that the empirical evidence IS the facts. Any explanations for those facts are theories or hypotheses.

I find Jip stating this or that is a FACT is a rather bold move, considering he waves the flag of "scientific process", his statements are belief in theory.

As far as fire and ice seen burns from both, therefore if as a medical professional I have observed what fire or ice has done to the human body, it is no longer a hypothesis, and even is further from a theory. In all cases, we knew exactly what caused the destruction of the cells, and it was either from the fire or the ice. Some were to close to the fire, others had direct contact with a heat source OR fire, and the same for ice or cold damage...

My stance is we need more science and time to realize a lot of stuff we think we have nailed down... Space travel is completely in its infancy, thus I think with time, we will discover more about travel, and the plausible distance that can be managed...

You study frogs, and if all that could be ever known or realized about this wonderful little amphibians you would no longer be studying them because there wouldn't be any useful information to gather...

The evidence of Aliens is sketchy at best, but there is evidence from the ancients that have something to say, we just don't know what it is... Is that a better theory, no just a different one...

Take ancient Trepanation, 2,100 years ago Hindu invented cataract surgery, however the Romans did that surgery routinely . Archaeologist have unearth surgical tools well over 1200 yrs ago... (Ancient Medicine by Michael Wood)

That opens the question as to WHY we went backward in medicine. If we could successful put holes in the human skull which was done well over 5000 yrs ago, and they have proof that these people survived. As well as the cataract surgery, why did we digress in our knowledge???

Some one else above ask why we weren't started out at our current knowledge... Oddly that knowledge has fluxed between civilizations having it, then losing it... In the pyramids there is hieroglyphics of lightbulb objects, and it has been proven the walls are NOT covered with suet from gas lanterns, let alone there being enough oxygen for them to burn for any real length of time...

These are the snippets that punch holes in natural progression of evolution...

Do I have a better answer??? No, but I will continue to look forward to when there is one...
 Jiperly
Msg: 842
Posted: 4/12/2009 2:22:15 PM
>>>Accelerator device they have built in Is it Switzerland

Particle Accelerator. It smashes atoms. The one you must be talking about, the Large Hadron Collider, is the worlds largest Particle Accelerator.

>>>I find Jip stating this or that is a FACT is a rather bold move, considering he waves the flag of "scientific process", his statements are belief in theory.

Its pretty simple- if the universe is a constant, we wouldn't be seeing the changes we do in the universe. We can clearly see all celestial bodies orginated from one point of origin, and they are now all drifting away from that point- and our theories always should reflect our observations, as opposed to editing our observations to reflect our preconceived assumptions.

Clearly the universe was not always here- the evidence supports this.

>>>My stance is we need more science and time to realize a lot of stuff we think we have nailed down...

In otherwords, you reject the conclusions of others not because you can find any conceivable thing wrong with their conclusions, but rather because it interferes with your pre-conceived conclusions- and thus, we should be expected to put all conclusions on hold until we can prove you right(since you clearly have no interest in proving yourself right- simply asserting the assumption that others are wrong for no apparent reason than you cannot conceive a world where you could be)

>>>Space travel is completely in its infancy

Is that an assumption I see? How could you possibly know that?

>>>thus I think with time, we will discover more about travel, and the plausible distance that can be managed...

That is entirely likely- but we shouldn't throw out our conclusions as wrong before we've proven ourselves wrong

>>>but there is evidence from the ancients that have something to say

Doesn't this same evidence prove the existance that the God of Gods lives atop Mount Olympious? Why do you gladly accept the Sumers accounts, when translated by Stitchin, but you aren't worshipping Zeus for the same reasons? What makes the Sumers claims any more credible than the Greeks?

>>>That opens the question as to WHY we went backward in medicine.

I believe we called those the Dark Ages. Kinda the same reason why we went backwards in developing tools, and roads.
 nexthyme
Msg: 843
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2009 6:10:36 PM
No shug, I don't reject all science, nor do I reject science that has empirical proof...

thanks for the term I was looking for Particle Accelerator,

The dark ages, ummm ok, lets go with that, why did we have the dark ages??? What was the cause, what would make logical minded humans, more advanced all of the sudden no longer use the tools they had been developing???

You ask about the sumers, It isn't that I buy in to Stitchin, but rather many different sources, which have been used to translate the tablets, as well as the questions of what kind of information were destroyed in the Alexander library???

Why is it that we humans being so freaking smart are so willing to go completely backwards???

I have no answers about the Universe, whether it really has one starting point, or has levels of many, and we just can see what we see...

If I believe that there is more to know, it doesn't mean that I accept or reject any one theory, but rather feel that it is incomplete. Believe me those who continue to look forward and believe that there is only so much that we know at any given time, and will continue to move forward, or to stop and say we know it all. That is illogical...

Space travel is completely in its infancy

Is that an assumption I see? How could you possibly know that?

I do assume that we have a lot more we can learn in regards to space travel, and if you take things from 1959 to 2009, that is a short span of time to figure we know all there is to know about space travel...

The same with medicine, we are on a learning continuum, learning new ways to better image the body with less invasive procedures, and to do surgeries that used to mean the body was cut wide open just to get to something as small as a kidney stone...

There are many things we have fallen on our faces about, in all fields of study, BUT we continue on, as in the space shuttle does NOT look like the first space ships that left earth.

I can't imagine that the design we have now, that has repeatedly been demonstrated as NOT optimal, will be the design we stay with in 20 and so on years...

If me being willing to understand things don't stand still for any length of time, especially when it comes to science, that doesn't mean I don't have things I don't believe in, but rather look forward to a future where we know more...

Perhaps we will go backwards once again, and our own scientific growth will be stifled... Hell we had 8 yrs of stem cell research not allowed in the US, perhaps we could have already come to a point of curing some sort of disease had religious morals not quashed that research... I don't know, do you?
 aremeself
Msg: 844
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2009 7:12:23 PM
universe from nothing, sounds fine to me. unguided? I will never agree with that.

are we than, or something like us, aliens etc. thought to be the smartest entity in the universe? How egotistical is that.

I am banking on something smarter.
 nexthyme
Msg: 847
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 7:58:12 AM
Thanks Fun, that is interesting...

I guess the thing I find interesting is that this thread has touted how we know so much of what happened millions of years ago, and that the history is very consistent, however take a look at just a couple thousand yrs ago, and it is really a mess.

My speculation on the whole thing is this, if people or creatures (?) where just feeling good to walk up right almost a hundred thousand years ago. Dinosaurs felt good that they didn't get eaten, and neither party had reliable text to state what was going on.. How can we during the "dark ages" be so in the dark???

I am very aware of Religious persecution on the matter, thus they had to sneak peaks into the human anatomy... Prior to that time, it must have been more acceptable...

I am not talking about text reading either... I am talking about the surgical evidence on human bones, as well as ancient surgical tools... Says a lot about who had the money and decided who lived and who didn't...
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 849
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:24:19 PM
Now this will be HUGE (that is, if the cabal actually let him speak). From an email:

Press Release April 13, 2009

Washington, DC – Paradigm Research Group will hold a press conference in the First Amendment Room at the National Press Club, 14th and F Streets, NW, Washington, DC on Monday, April 20, at 10 am.
At that time Apollo 14 astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell will take questions at the NPC for the first time regarding his assertions there is an extraterrestrial basis for the UFO phenomenon, and the United States government committed itself to a cover-up or “truth embargo” in the late 1940’s after recovering a crashed extraterrestrial vehicle near Roswell, New Mexico.

Stay tuned folks. This is gonna be big.
 FrogO_Oeyes
Msg: 850
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:41:36 PM
It's only "big" if he has tangible evidence. Otherwise, he and others just stand to make money directly or indirectly from the "event". Anecdotes, vested interests, and argumentum ad verecundiam do not add up to "big".
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 851
Posted: 4/13/2009 7:05:31 PM
Yeah yeah yeah. Have a good day.
 desertrhino
Msg: 853
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2009 8:10:01 AM

i suppose it's PROBABLE that someone had to seed this planet and bring it to fruition.

Aaron, I'd suggest you look up the definitions of "probable," "possible," and "plausible," for good measure. You seem to have badly confused the first two, at a minimum.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 855
Posted: 4/15/2009 1:09:11 AM
I'm underwhelmed by your wit.
 Jiperly
Msg: 859
Posted: 4/15/2009 2:21:15 PM
>>>But there's no proof either way.

No, theres no proof one way- if we are simply talking about proof, then everything we know about the universe proves that alien life does not exist. Every plant, moon, and solar system we've examined offers the same truth- the universe is entirely hostile to life as we know it.

>>>If we were an advanced, space faring civilization

Aren't we already?

Oh, you mean so advanced that we defy the working laws of the universe...

>>>would WE interfere by genetically manipulating those Life forms?

And If I were a Beaver, I'd build a 30 foot tall dam, complete with Jacuzzi- but then again, thats just a "What If" scenerio, and the idea that we would do something doesn't mean other animals or space creatures would share our thoughts, beliefs, or culture.

>>>Big unknowable questions.

I hate it when people say that- its not unknowable- its unknown.

>>>We've already seen the destructive results for ourselves when isolated ecosystems get 'contaminated'

Which, of course, brings us to another issue, one thats often side-stepped and ignored;

Why are there no alien diseases? If aliens are spending so much time in our skies and abducting us, why aren't we sick from diseases from another planet?
 nexthyme
Msg: 860
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2009 2:37:21 PM
Ohhh I was missing you jip...

<div class="quote">Why are there no alien diseases? If aliens are spending so much time in our skies and abducting us, why aren't we sick from diseases from another planet?

Who says we aren't????

Really that is another unknown, just like do we really know we don't have "aliens" walking around looking just like us, because if they did seed us, wouldn't it be logical that we'd look like that which seeded us???

Sure we have a lot of unknown, that is the beauty of seeking the truth, finding out what is really facts, and some theory that will get blown out of the water...

Take for instance the sun, look at it, smile, then realize you are seeing it as it was 8 minutes ago...It could have already blown up, but it won't be for about another 8 minutes before you realize it is gone... How's that for light travel, and thinking what you see is reality???

Then there IS the theory of relativity, the sun bends time? That really seems like a very odd concept, what a strange thing to happen, seems to defy some set logic, yet there it is, in mathematical writing for almost 100 yrs...

You have just as great questions, that we really don't have the answers for...

I have a disorder that I have NOW had for 20 yrs, there is no treatment, well one that is viable for most people... The cause is unknown still, and the reality from a LOT of research it has been around for an extremely long time...

By the way it is called fibromyalgia...

If we don't know what causes it, we don't know how it functions in the body, and or what is the factors in creating a bodily environment for it, we don't know how to treat it. Then perhaps it is an alien disease, that has of yet been figured out... What is known it has been around a hell of a lot longer than the early 80's.

If it was some simple ailment, then why haven't they found a relatively effective treatment?

That is just one example of some "disorder" that has no explainable cause, or treatment... There are millions upon millions of ailments from the extremely common, to the extremely rare...

If alien abduction is a rare event, then perhaps that is why the illnesses MAYBE extremely rare.

Perhaps these aliens illnesses don't jump species??? Perhaps they have made it a point not to send sick aliens, and work in a sterile environment???

Jip, I don't posses the answer, just have speculations, and a rebuttal to your question...Which is what makes these threads so dang pleasurable...
 Jiperly
Msg: 861
Posted: 4/15/2009 3:58:10 PM
>>>Ohhh I was missing you jip...

Sorry, I backed away from you when, upon asking for evidence, you stated that the government was hiding all of it except the worthless kind of evidence- that, and this website actually worked, so I'm spending more time away from the computer....

>>>Who says we aren't????

Scientists, for one.

Life appeared only once- we are all ancestors of the same first lifeform, and never has life appeared from inanimate objects since. So if we were experiencing alien diseases, we'd be able to identify an entirely new strain of lifeform, never seen in our world, with all kinds of advantages and evolutional defenses never known- such a lifeform, if it could interact with humans, would be an instant plague.

>>>just like do we really know we don't have "aliens" walking around looking just like us, because if they did seed us, wouldn't it be logical that we'd look like that which seeded us???

Please read FunCuz's post, cause I can't be bothered to explain this all over again- heres the questions that follows from his statements;

~Why would aliens make it seem like evolution? We had developed fire, tribes, and protected our sick- we were well on our way to becoming human without aliens- why did all of life evolve up to that point, but aliens are nessary for that extra push into intelligent life?
~If aliens were capible of travelling that distance, doesn't that imply that intelligent life is natural?
~Isn't it arrogant to assume that alien life MUST look like us, when the Earth has had a far greater and far more diverse number of species? Again, if we were to put the entire existance of all of life on a 24 hour clock, mankind would appear a few seconds before midnight- but you conclude that alien life must look like us, rather than 99.99999999999999% of the life found on our planet
~Sitchin claims it was genetic engineering- the appearance of the parenting species has no effect on this- thats like saying that when we genetically engineer fruit flies, they come out looking like people with wings.

>>>How's that for light travel, and thinking what you see is reality???

Are....are you challenging me for being dependant on the scientific method in order to determine reality.....by using science? Hell, if anything, thats evidence AGAINST what you're saying- that reality is not always about what you see, and your understanding of reality can be altered by your own ignorance of how the universe works

Theres nothing mind bending about the light of the sun taking 8 minutes to get here- its far away- its to be expected.

>>>seems to defy some set logic

Care to explain why?

I'll set you up so you can identify the flaws with proper names;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

>>>If we don't know what causes it

So why don't you explain to your doctor that Aliens did it. Or Ghosts. Or Flying Spagetti Monsters. And watch how helpless your doctor becomes in their ability to help you then.

Seriously, this creed of "openmindedness"- I'd hate to see the day when it reaches its logical conclusion and infects medical science- when people die because doctors are looking into whether or not aliens or voodoo witch doctors made you sick, rather than testing for cancer.

>>>If it was some simple ailment, then why haven't they found a relatively effective treatment?

Maybe its too rare- maybe its not simple- maybe they just cannot solve it. They haven't cured the cold- does that mean it came from Space Invaders too??

You DO know you're arguing that a disease could be alien because solely and entirely because we do not understand it- and if thats the case, then what can we hope to understand, if anything we do not understand could be answered by "impossible things did it"

>>>If alien abduction is a rare event, then perhaps that is why the illnesses MAYBE extremely rare.

So its impossible to transfer a disease from person to person?

Then why am I wasting all that time washing my hands?

>>>Perhaps these aliens illnesses don't jump species??? Perhaps they have made it a point not to send sick aliens, and work in a sterile environment???

Granted, thats a perfectly logical possiblity- after all, not all diseases go from Cow to Man- but after spending tens of thousands of years together, some do- and you're claiming we've spent hundreds of thousands of years together with aliens.
 nexthyme
Msg: 862
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2009 5:24:01 PM
Ohhhh Jip it is so good there this site has worked for you...

Dude, you missed my point completely... I posted based on the OP's original thread, and theory, as well as gave you an answer as to the POSSIBLE answers.

You aren't giving much information about the disease, or disorders, so why is it impractical to blame aliens IF you asked why aren't their "alien diseases...

Speaking from the point of a medical professional, as I said and I will repeat there are millions of diseases, not all of them have been here since the beginning of time, and some of them have been around for a long time without having scientist or Dr's being able to affectively treat them.

Not all diseases, or disorders ARE contagious, there is a large number of genetic as well.

AND FOR PETE SAKE, why on earth if I go in for the DR to take care of some medical issue am I going to tell them I caught it from an Alien??? Honestly, that would make no sense, because then why would I go to a Dr, if I already knew where and how I got sick...

My son brought a nasty ass upper respiratory infection, I didn't go to the dr's because I knew where it came from, and since I took my son to the Dr's to make sure it was not bacterial thus treatable with antibiotics. There was no point in going since he had a virus not treatable by meds...

I don't personally recall saying that the government has hidden everything, perhaps I did, because who knows... BUT I know if I did it is because it is a repeat of the theory of Roswell, and a lot of different things that government have been seen going in cleaning up, and telling people it was nothing...

Do you say that doesn't happen???

My point about relativity is that the sun bending time is a pretty darn awesome trick, or errrrr universal law... As well what we see from the stars and such is a look at the past, so what we say is going on in an area is dependent on the distant by light years... So what we see by telescope, is past history...

You have repeatedly stated it is a fact that no other planets in our universe has the ability to support life, my question to you is how do you know??? Especially when what we see isn't the real time of that star or planet???

No challenge, but rather pointing out according to the scientific process, what we see from our telescopes is these other places past, not what they are currently... If you take that as a challenge, I don't know what to tell you.

Let me get something straight with you, I am not suggesting ANY FACTS... I am suggesting theory, which isn't just mine, others believe the same thing...

I am also giving just as plausible reasons for us NOT seeing "aliens", then saying yes these creatures are grey or green little men, or neutral gendered creatures...

Accordingly that does go against what abductees describe, which are grey long fingered narrow faced, almond eyed, bald creatures...

I personally don't have any knowledge what an alien looks like, and I have always stated it was plausible, just as plausible as evolution doing all this fantastical accidental happenings...

You asked a question, I gave a suggestion... You don't have to agree, it is simply a possibility, which means it is an opinion until things are all ironed out by absolute truths... We probably won't see it in our life time, but then again maybe we will... I don't know, I am not going to stress out to much, and thanks but NOOOOO I don't need to suggest to the Dr's fibromyalgia came from aliens....

By the way, this is a true story.... There is a practicing attorney that is very well respected, that believes aliens run the medical system... When our professor told us that, we wondered why this guy wasn't put in the funny farm... Our professor said this guys logic is very sound, and it isn't always what others believe, but what a person believes for them self...

Derek, good luck with your relationship????
 nexthyme
Msg: 864
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2009 7:38:34 PM
Thanks funcuz, actually yes I was counting the endless mutations. Maybe a million is to many, but then again who really knows the number from the beginning of human kind...

AND YES, it does speak well for the full theory of evolution watching viruses and bacteria mutate as fast as man kind finds a way to halt the disease process.

The theory you speak of has been posed on here, and I have read it on a couple web sites...

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they find fossilized cells on mars???(http://www.lpi.usra.edu/lpi/meteorites/life.html) According to this article this specimen Fossil Life in ALH 84001. If that is the case, then it isn't hard to believe cells could be on a meteorite with water, which is one of the criteria according the article for life...

Apparently the rovers are not equipped with microscopes so anything directly found on mars is left to interpretation..

Soooo the theory isn't that wacky from my perspective...
 nexthyme
Msg: 866
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2009 11:40:24 PM
I get ya, that is why the site I pulled it off of was from a Nasa scientist, which included the pictures of the "fossil". I did actually read the whole thing, and looked at the pics... When the piece was discovered it was considered really exciting...

There were repeated fantastical sites about finding blood cells on mars by the rover, which even for me was to far out there...

The one thing it did get me thinking is why the government would be interested in clearing up what ever may come from space... Meaning the question that Derek brought up about about alien germs... I suppose it would be very logical if there MAY be unknown space cooties out there, they would want to stop the potential of any spread of unknown, thus they would go out and clean up the site... As well there is the potential of items that have radiation, hell I don't know if they have subs ran on nuclear power, who is to say what kind of stuff any nation may use to put their satellites in outer space.

I am still going to be open minded about the possibilities just because until we really really know, I don't want to get set in ONE mind frame... as I have always stated, I believe in evolution, however to me that doesn't exclude the "plausibility of aliens" there are a lot of artifacts that have given me pause, and make me wonder.

I have learned a LOT from this thread, not so much about what is true or not, but rather about the process, which for a medical professional works a bit differently. I am NOT a scientist, and just have a interest of things outside of our own knowledge...

This thread has also opened the door other possibilities besides just cover up... We shall see, there is supposed to be discloser to the President at some point, so if in this life time we find out there is other living beings out there, even if they have never been here, it still maybe cool just to really know...
 nexthyme
Msg: 869
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 8:51:40 AM

despite what some paranoid folks want us to believe , things are exactly what they appear to be. Why are we listening to the paranoids ?

Even you know not everything is as they appear...

Area 51 is highly guarded, and if there was nothing to hide for what ever reason, then why do they have armed guards around the place that will shoot you???

It took the Soviet Union going over with a Satellite, before the US actually said ok, yeah it does exist, F off or we'll knock you out of the sky...

People who go in are not even acknowledged as working there. they get taken in black vehicles... The American tax payer PAYS for this stuff, so it seems we have every right to know what and why...

That is NOT paranoid thinking, that is saying, if things are as they seem then why have an area that is so secret for how long(?) the government said it didn't exist...

Fema camps, why the barbed wire???

These aren't rants of a paranoid person, these are questions of what the hell....

yna6
Msg: 870
Posted: 4/16/2009 9:00:49 AM
someone brought up the point of "Would WE seed a planet if we could"? Sure we would...otherwise there would NOT be plans to "terraform" Mars under way right now.
Given the tools and technology, of course we'd seed planets and get them more hosptialble to our kind. We've already proven that to ourselves.
So why wouldn't an "alien" race have the same motives and ideals?
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 871
Posted: 4/16/2009 6:38:09 PM

So why else would the government try and make a secret out of it ?

That's a very naive statement. The obvious reasons are the military applications for what they've discovered. You really think they're going to divulge that? Get serious.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 873
Posted: 4/17/2009 4:01:20 AM
For example , if somebody actually managed to get hold of an ET spacecraft , why would they keep it a secret ? Logically , one could presume that it was being kept secret so that it could be reverse-engineered and , as a secret, nobody would bother trying to get their hands on any technology it revealed.

Why keep it a secret? Are you kidding? Surely you jest. Our military gets its hands on a UFO with technology that puts us, by comparison, back into the stone age, and you're wondering why they would keep it a secret? Really? You really expect the government to put all the specs up on eBay? Facebook?

If that's the case then why aren't we seeing evidence of this reverse-engineering ?

Tsk tsk tsk. You assume SO many things. How do you KNOW you haven't seen it? How do you know that the newest fighter/bomber the DOD wanted got axed (fortunately) with technology adapted from UFO technology that, after fifty or sixty years under an intense microscope, they at least got some of the goodies to work. How do you know? Do you have a friend with Cosmic Top Secret Clearance that confided in you? But if they really want to keep it a secret, and of course they do, they'll shape it basically like a jet plane. But that's pretty incidental from some of the projected flight characteristics I've been hearing about. But that's another issue. The point is, you WOULDN'T know. But that's point isn't it? Hidden in plain site. I think we're a lot closer to the reality of star wars than we think (but I don't mean the "wars" part ..... No wars.

How could these same people manage to seal this up for what , sixty years ?

They haven't. You simply haven't been listening and you're not aware of all the facts. You might start with the movie "Roswell" and go from there. You'll get a little different prospective. This government can, apparently, lie, cheat, steal, murder, bomb, destroy anything it wants to. You think they're just going to get on TV to the public and go "psssst...guess what we've got here inside hanger number one". Get serious. If you are or were on the inside and you go public with that stuff, you're subjected to being erased. X'd out. Yes. They've got that power should they ever choose to use it. Some people "in that circle" have died under some mighty suspicious circumstances...I mean lots of them and from the top down. Take Secretary Forestal. Go google his involvement in the UFO "in the know" gang. The rumor was that he was going to go public out of a deep sense of guilt but, surprise surpise, he wound up, conveniently, leaping to his death out of a multi story facility. Go figure. How convenient is that? Conspiracy theory? No. This is fact!

But that also completely ignores the fact that hundreds of credible people HAVE come forward and spoken. No. They can NOT show you a physical demonstration of anti gravity drives, but they WILL say what they know about them. There was a press conference recently held back east where a couple of dozen (out of hundreds) took turns on the podium and came out of the cosmic closet with their history. It was quite a moment. People REALLY need to see that. Really. It got very little press (as was expected) but it did get some.

There's no indirect evidence on which to base the search for direct evidence which , of course , is why none can be found. Usually , despite what some paranoid folks want us to believe ,

First of all, there are literally tons of evidence if you're open and willing enough to look at it without the built in bias of accusing people who believe or accept the notion that ETs are here are "paranoid"? Excuse me? Do you know the definition of paranoia? I've yet to see anyone who believes and/or accepts these things as part of our reality EVER express fear of ETs or their motives. It's humans and their motives that bother me. Instilling fear? That seems to be a task left to your government and they've done it admirably. If you don't completely believe the government lies to you routinely and with obvious impunity, then you're simply naive.

I suggest you go here:
http://www.disclosureproject.org/

and, from a link on that page WATCH THESE PEOPLE, these witnesses, as they speak and tell me they're paranoid, delusional, or crazy. They've had the guts to go public and face all the public ridicule (or is theirs just a mass delusion they get from some secret gas they're exposed to in the meeting room LMAO). Then come back and we can discuss it.

Then, just for giggles, you might want to read this translation of a French document pertaining to the UN on the subject of UFOs. Interesting reading.

http://www.disclosureproject.org/images/Feb08UNMeetings0002.jpg

because the power in society is held by keeping the population parinoid
you are in a G-d fearing [not loving] society.
[the hippies lost that war

Some battles but we ain't lost the war just yet.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >