Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 920
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?Page 21 of 53    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)

What does the Government do well that makes you think they could even pull something like that off?

Ok. Simple answer. Gee jiperly. You're not very informed are you. Guess what. The U.S. government denied the existence of Area 51 for years and years. It wasn't even on flight charts for years and years. It didn't exist (according to your government) for years and years. That is, until a Russian satellite did an overflight and took a picture of it. Ooops. They have people flying into Area 51 every day from McCarran airport and nobody knew. How about that. Get used to it. Your government lies like a rug all the time. Remember "this country does not torture" (that was GWB that let that lie out). We DO torture and we DO send prisoners to other countries that also torture. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Some UFO coverup crank

If that's all you think about the first astronaut to set foot on the moon? A crank? That's pretty pathetic.

Which is what they've been doing since it was built.

And you work there? You know what goes on there? Really? BS. There are others who DID work there that tell a quite different story. Go google Lazar and educate yourself.

Yes. People COULD see area 51 and, you know what? The government STILL denied it was there. And it STILL didn't exist on flight navigation charts. They did that because the average schmo walking the streets is too stupid to realize they're being lied to every day.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 921
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 4/22/2009 6:25:32 AM
Well then, thank God we've got the likes of you Bluesman to set us straight. Because us average schmos are just too stupid to know they're being lied to...never mind the fact that public confidence in the political process has never been lower. Nope, it's only people like you, so much more smarter and superior to the rest of us, who can set the rest of us straight.

Or did you think that maybe, because it is a military installation and a ceter for the development of Top Secret flight technology development, the official policy might be one of denial? Might not seem logical, but remember that Military Intelligence is considered an oxymoron.

Ah yes, Bob Lazar. Actually, sparky, I have heard of him. Hmm, have you ever wondered how much money Mr. Lazar has made off his story? Maybe he's been on the base. Maybe he hasn't. However, given the "UFO culture," and the many people willing to listen to a good story that confirms their belief, they might be willing to pay money to hear it. Of course, only the government lies. Certainly people like Lazar are honest as the day is long.

Or, here's another possibility. The UFO phenomenon - the details of which are largely the product of Hollywood story telling, but that's another post - might actually work in the military's benefit. Weapons of Mass Distraction, and all that.

Oh yeah, speaking of education...Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon. Not Edgar Mitchell.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 922
Posted: 4/22/2009 6:27:57 AM

Get used to it. Your government lies like a rug all the time.

News flash! Wow, none of us were aware of that Bluesman. There you go showing us all average schmos. You're so smart!
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 923
Posted: 4/22/2009 10:50:12 AM
have you ever wondered how much money Mr. Lazar has made off his story?

Oh, so because someone has been paid for their work that negates what he has to say? I daresay Steven Hawking has made money off his books. So he's a crank too? I assume you're paid for what you do. Are you also a crank or a crackpot?

As to Edgar Mitchell, I think his CV is far more impressive than yours.

Scientist, test pilot, naval officer, astronaut, entrepreneur, author and lecturer, Dr. Mitchell's extraordinary career has been a constant quest to explore and understand the world in which we live. His academic background includes a Bachelor of Science from Carnegie Mellon University, a Bachelor of Science from the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School and a Doctor of Science in Aeronautics and Astronautics from MIT. He has received honorary doctorates in engineering from New Mexico State University, the University of Akron, Carnegie Mellon University and a ScD from Embry-Riddle University. Dr. Mitchell has received many awards and honors including the Presidential Medal of Freedom and nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize and was inducted into the Space Hall of Fame in 1979 and the Astronaut Hall of Fame in 1998.

I think you've defined "crank" as anyone who disagrees with you. Fine. Who cares. Your ridiculing other people who disagree with you says far more about you than the people you seem to love to ridicule. But again, that's your problem.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 924
Posted: 4/22/2009 11:12:28 AM

As to Edgar Mitchell, I think his CV is far more impressive than yours.

Ah, Bluesman, is that an appeal to authority? So his resume is longer than mine so I have to take everything at his word? He believes in alien visitors so I have to? Hmm, such appeals to authority work for a variety of things. Leaders. Cults.

So now, he's infallible. Not prone to flights of fancy or even mental and emotional issues that lend him susceptible to wishful thinking.

Actually, one could argue that someone with such an impressive resume should know better. Hold his statements to a higher standard. After all, if he's going to make statements like "we're being visited," he should have better evidence than "because I think so and I saw something weird on the way to the moon."

Go ahead and suspend your disbelief all you want. I'll be a bit more discerning in my requirements for evidence.

Oh, so because someone has been paid for their work that negates what he has to say?

No. But P.T. Barnum was paid for what he did, too.

Are we getting the point, now?

I think you've defined "crank" as anyone who disagrees with you.

Actually, no. It's a little thing called humility (something people who old "alternative views" seem to lack, sometimes). I just hope people who disagree with me have more to tell me why I'm wrong than "because I said so. Look at my resume." It's far more interesting and educational.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 925
Posted: 4/22/2009 11:29:59 AM

so I have to take everything at his word? He believes in alien visitors so I have to?

No. Actually no one here really cares what you believe. We're just putting information out there for people who are interested in the subject and care to think outside the box.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 926
Posted: 4/22/2009 11:40:31 AM

Actually no one here really cares what you believe.

Well, your beliefs don't exactly dictate how may day is going to go either, but thanks for pointing out your own sense of personal superiority.

We're just putting information out there for people who are interested in the subject and care to think outside the box.

So obviously, you want people to share your beliefs or we wouldn't even hear from you. As for thinking "outside the box," clearly that is an over-worn statement. However, it applies to the beginning of the process. You can think outside the box all you want, but if it only leads to the same tired, circular arguments you seem to rely on, there really isn't any original thinking taking place at all.

So let me summarize. You believe the government is hiding proof of UFOs. You have no evidence. Neither does our esteemed astronaut. But we're supposed to believe you and him because, well, you're you and he's him. If we don't, well than clearly we're not as smart as either one of you. You know the truth. We don't.

Am I close?
 nexthyme
Msg: 928
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2009 12:43:05 PM
Thorb, NO the Aztec were already there... They were visited from some "white god" no body said beard that came from the sky....

Cortez being this fine pale skinned man came from over the Horizon, so sadly wishful thinking on the Aztec's part was HE was the white god...

NOW Mormonism took this to mean that it was "JESUS", visiting his OTHER flock during his time away from being crucified, and resurrection. Thus these so called poor savages were tricked into believing that Cortez was this WHITE GOD, and this mofo wanted gold... Ok, apparently that fit in the script of the "WHITE GOD" that visited before, so sadly he fit the bill...

Real thoughts... Sigh the fact is we don't know, except for what some find as plausible, and some that say it's equine fecal matter. One person brings up who they think is an expert, the other side shoots that person down as someone that has fanciful thinking...

I find the big bang fanciful thinking... WHY because we don't have the proof that is being demanded for alien alteration . However we have this monster gaps of time in history that is perfectly logical to evolutionist, that these creatures were just hanging out for millions of years, just living... Not really evolving all that fast, in fact taking millions of years to evolve...

Then we have a knowledge explosion, that occurs in a little over a hundred years, and that is supposed to be just as logical as the millions of years of stagnation...

Reality... What is logical to one, is fanciful thinking to another... What is logical to another, you are a smart guy you get the picture...

It is like unless someone can really come up with something extremely brilliant, that is so undeniable (like that will happen for either side) we are spinning our wheels in a rut... An entertaining one, but still a rut...
 stargazer1000
Msg: 929
Posted: 4/22/2009 2:03:41 PM

I find the big bang fanciful thinking... WHY because we don't have the proof that is being demanded for alien alteration .

But thyme, you could book time on a telescope tonight and, with the right equipment and know-how, find actual evidence of the Big Bang. Spectrographic study of galaxies and galaxy clusters all over the sky show that they are racing away from each other. In the early 1990s, the Cosmic Background Explorer gave us a first map of the cosmic microwave background, the explosion's afterglow.

And, before you ask, let me anticipate you're next "Yeah, but..." No, this doesn't answer anything about why the Big Bang happened. But that's a related but separate line of inquiry. However, the question of whether or not a big bang occurred is pretty much answered. The evidence is overwhelming.

But let's be fair. If we're missing the evidence for alien intervention in human evolution, tell us what it is. I'm more than willing to consider the possibility. In fact, actual evidence of some kind of evidence if alien influence in our evolution would be record-breaking science. Is it genetic? Is it a particular part in the human "family tree?"

Or is this going to result in more (and fruitless) admonitions that I should have an "open mind."
 nexthyme
Msg: 931
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2009 4:45:19 PM
Star gazer, it falls under fruitless, because anything I point out gets ambushed as BS...

I find the big bang fanciful because they state nothing created the universe... NOTHING, NOTHING...How the hell do you create something out of nothing... There had to be SOMETHING, somewhere...

We can say a big something occurred, but it is a big bang of nothingness... What is it the equivalent of the tiny little spongies, that grow into really big things mixed with water... Or in this cause, mixed with more ummm Nothing????

That is why I find it fanciful...It doesn't make logical sense, and at this moment until we have MORE info as to HOW nothing can create a universe I shall be looking for JUST a little more info...

I gave the 15% of neg rh factor... We don't know why..

We don't know why primates have 48 chromosomes and man kind 46... We have the assumption that it is completely logical that we just evolved.. Dropped off a couple chromosomes, and then changed from this funky ass low intelligent knuckle dragger's to humans that can create the huge fantastic insane mess in just a couple thousand years...

I don't have empirical proof... In fact I don't have the time to go into the university library to prove a point that will not matter to you or others that believe what you do...

So, let's be fair... You think it is totally NOT PLAUSIBLE, I find it plausible... I find it PLAUSIBLE that both happened... And perhaps even more than we know... I find that plausible, because as of yet I don't believe and scientists can back me on this, we know or understand all there is to know or understand...

We can spat back and forth, and I can agree with certain points, yet there is not a lot that goes the other way around.. OK, no issue... I am not into organized religion and don't want someone telling me they have prayed for me, and it has taken my problems away...

I get it... I respect it...
 Jiperly
Msg: 932
Posted: 4/22/2009 5:01:05 PM
Xzan, I think you misunderstood my question; lemme try again

I think the Government is incompetent- I think anything they attempts turns to shit and further deprives us of our liberty.

What is it the Government does that makes you think they could pull off a conspirsity like the one you claim they are doing- hiding aliens? Is it the excellent track record in healthcare? In the postal service? Emergency Response? In the justice service?

Where do you think the Government has an excellent enough track record to think they can pull something like that off?
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 940
Posted: 4/22/2009 9:12:22 PM

So obviously, you want people to share your beliefs or we wouldn't even hear from you.

I don't want anyone to share my beliefs. People have their own. I'm simply sharing mine.

You have no evidence.

I never said I had no evidence. I have no tail fin from an alien craft if that's what you mean. But I HAVE done an FOIA request to all intelligence agencies probably 5 or 6 years go, for all information they have in their possession about UFOs, retrievals, EBEs, etc. and, three months later received nearly three reams of paper on the subject. Only one problem. Over 80% of the reports were blacked out. Redacted. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to interpret that. The vast majority of this country do believe they've seen UFOs. Reports numbering in the tens of thousands of sightings exist.

But again, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I simply don't care what you believe or don't believe.

But we're supposed to believe you and him because, well, you're you and he's him

Ok. For the tenth time. I don't give a rats behind what you believe. Perhaps your reading comprehension is preventing you from grasping that concept. Once and for all I DO NOT CARE. You can ignore a scientist like Edgar Mitchell if you choose. You can call him a crackpot if you like. That's more a reflection on you than him. So let's drop it shall we?

If we don't, well than clearly we're not as smart as either one of you. You know the truth. We don't.

Am I close?

You're close to something but I tell you, I'll probably get banned.

most of this forum is just smoke and mirrors off on a tangent that could never even get close to answering the question asked.

If you really think that, you're really spending an inordinate of time in it. If you're not just trolling for giggles, you must be really frightened of the concept of the existence of UFOs.

drop the bickering b.s.

Sorry pal but it's you and your friends that are doing all the bickering. Try to control yourself.

Star gazer, it falls under fruitless, because anything I point out gets ambushed as BS...

Which is why we shouldn't be feeding the trolls. Otherwise they keep coming back LMAO.
 ck1time
Msg: 941
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2009 10:28:45 PM
I enjoy the academia. And admit I haven't read all 38 pages of posts. But on the subject, it's really simple. Who/What civilization/species ISN'T an alien to another?
All Monotheistic & Multitheistic societies share the sense that their creator/facilitator was extraterrestial. Of course we create what we become. But we didn't create ourselves, when
we were born (reincarnation is another post).
Of course we/our Terra is Special. It's just that we aren't the only special ones/place.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 942
Posted: 4/23/2009 7:36:51 AM
Okay, bluesman, but since this is a discussion forum, then the fact is that other people are pretty much free to express opinions that counter yours and not be accused of being naive or "trolls." You want to share you beliefs, fine. Just don't be surprised, in an open discussion forum, to have them challenged by those with a different and arguably higher standard of evidence. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

So the government sent you a bunch of papers in response to your request for information on UFOs and you got a bunch of material that was ridacted. Can you state unequivocally that the ridacted material had anything to do with alien ships, alien creatures, etc.? Hey, it's suspicious, I'll give you that. But it's not what I would call "smoking gun" evidence. And yet, somehow, I'm supposed to interpret that as, what? Proof positive of your assertion? A black line on a piece of paper means they're hiding the truth of UFOs? In fact, the cynic in me would have to wonder if there is something to be gained by a large organization such as the military for encouraging the perception - misinformation, as it were.

you must be really frightened of the concept of the existence of UFOs.

Presumptuous, somewhat? Why? What's to be afraid of? My guess is the poster is smart enough to know that, if extraterrestrial craft - let's call them what you think they are - exist, and they were going to be a problem, wouldn't they already be by now?

Or maybe you've missed his point. The point of which was the question posed by the OP: humans created by aliens plausible or not? And, in 38 pages, we've gone from the OP to crop circles, government cover-ups and conspiracies and anything else under the sun - the usual nonsense that revolves around this sort of topic.

Again, if Edgar Mitchell is such a competent scientist, then why does he not present something a scientist would appreciate - evidence! Even the staunchest string theorist, for instance, knows their theories won't hold water without evidence.

Oh yes, hundreds of thousands of people have seen UFOs in the sky...but what were they? Largely unidentified. Might be spaceships from another world. Could be weather balloons. Could be Venus. Or could be identifiable things that believers simply choose to misinterpret...airplanes, Iridium flares, regular satellites.

Here's another scenario: the U.S. military sets up a facility (with full knowledge of the locals, by the way) in which to develop and test experimental aircraft. Perfectly terrestrial in origin, possibly years in advance of what's in the sky but nonetheless terrestrial. Ah, but here's the thing. There's this fascination with lights in the sky. Everyone is saying UFO. Hollywood has jumped on that bandwagon. How can we use it?

So, they come up with a plan...classic misdirection. You have all these people fascinated with alien technology. Encourage the belief that, at this perfectly obvious and well-known, although officially unacknowledged base, they are developing aircraft based on "alien technology." You even hire a guy, say Bob Lazar, to sell the UFO people on that story.

That way, you keep people from actually hitting on technology that really is going on. How does that sound as a scenario? Or is that just too naive and unbelievable?
 nexthyme
Msg: 943
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2009 8:29:07 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20090423/sc_space/discoveryofearthmassplanetlooms

2 planets found that are exoplanets, that are earth like... Coolness... 30% of these stars have exoplanets...

Even better a BLOB in space was discovered...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090423/ap_on_sc/us_sci_space_blob;_ylt=AvVNtEdkcE.WwQYOeZ2nhUQPLBIF

They don't know what it is, but think it is special...Hmmmmm something "special in space"

VVVVVVVStargazer, yes it is an amazing place, to bad I don't have big telescope to what it myself... the Observatories are a bit far from where I live...

But there is nothing like laying under a star covered sky out in the deep woods away from light noise. Ohhh well being on a cruise ship and watching the sky is simply amazing as well...
 stargazer1000
Msg: 944
Posted: 4/23/2009 8:46:27 AM
Hey nexthyme, adding to the coolness factor!

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Most_Distant_Detection_Of_Water_In_The_Universe_999.html

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Two_Highly_Complex_Organic_Molecules_Detected_In_Space_999.html

Space is an amazing place.
 Jiperly
Msg: 945
Posted: 4/23/2009 2:08:53 PM
>>>but I wouldn't be suprised if we had a little 'special report' on our TVs in the next 10 to 40 years.

But thats exactly my point- Watergate, they couldn't keep quiet- Area 51, they couldn't keep quiet- Lewinsky, they couldn't keep quiet- but for some reason, aliens crash landing in the states and their technology stolen and handed out to dozens of private contractors to be examined by thousands of engineers and developed weapons with- they keep all that quiet?
 stargazer1000
Msg: 946
Posted: 4/23/2009 2:26:23 PM

VVVVVVVStargazer, yes it is an amazing place, to bad I don't have big telescope to what it myself

Actually, thyme, you don't need a "big" telescope. One of my favourites in my collection is a three-inch refractor and it does very well. Granted, you're not going to see any strange creatures, unless a bug gets stuck in the eyepiece (happened to me once while looking at the moon, almost freaked!). But that's alright. What you can see is amazing.
 neonblink
Msg: 947
Posted: 4/23/2009 3:45:50 PM
Not at all plausible. It has been reported that human and chimpanzee genomes vary by just 1.2 percent. Therefore modern gene research gives us even more reason to believe we evolved from primates, not extra-terestrial life forms, which have yet to be discovered. The fact that ET's are given arms and legs, walk upright, speak american english (never given a southern accent), in alien encounter stories gives them away as just people's imagination.
 Jiperly
Msg: 949
Posted: 4/23/2009 4:20:14 PM
Yes, but the most extreme and mind blowing ones are the ones kept secret? After all the people who were supposively "in on it"?

Doesn't that seem.....implausible?
 Jiperly
Msg: 951
Posted: 4/23/2009 4:52:01 PM
So the only answer is space creatures? Nothing else?
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 953
Posted: 4/23/2009 4:58:23 PM

Just don't be surprised, in an open discussion forum, to have them challenged by those with a different and arguably higher standard of evidence.

Challenging beliefs are fine. I do it all the time. But calling people delusion and/or cranks is NOT alright and I won't stand for being insulted and no one else here should have to stand for that either.

Can you state unequivocally that the ridacted material had anything to do with alien ships, alien creatures, etc.?

If over 80% of the materials sought dealing with a request for information dealing with nothing BUT UFOs, EBEs, crash retrievals and other information about the UFO phenomena, what do YOU think the redacted materials were about?

if Edgar Mitchell is such a competent scientist, then why does he not present something a scientist would appreciate - evidence!

That sounds an awful lot like "dear, if you really loved me, you'd buy me a Mercedes".

Are you saying he's NOT a competent scientist? Do you seriously think the DOD would ALLOW Mitchell to do so?

Hollywood has jumped on that bandwagon. How can we use it?

Now YOU sound like a conspiracy theorist. It's all Hollywood's doing?

You even hire a guy, say Bob Lazar

Debunkers have been trying for years to discredit Robert Lazar - unsuccessfully, I might add. Do you have new information suggesting he's lying about what he says? Show me.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 956
Posted: 4/23/2009 7:07:04 PM

Now YOU sound like a conspiracy theorist. It's all Hollywood's doing?

Yup, double standards are fun. You can accuse that great big "them" of hiding the "truth" without a stitch of actual real evidence, just innuendo. However, I turn it around and....

Oh yeah, there is a book about Hollywood's role in the present UFO phenomenon. I guess it's a question of suggestion. If people have preconceived notions of extraterrestrial visitation, we're going to see accounts that reflect that preconception.

Debunkers have been trying for years to discredit Robert Lazar - unsuccessfully, I might add. Do you have new information suggesting he's lying about what he says? Show me.

See above re: double standards.

That sounds an awful lot like "dear, if you really loved me, you'd buy me a Mercedes". Are you saying he's NOT a competent scientist? Do you seriously think the DOD would ALLOW Mitchell to do so?

No, it's a case of "show me the money." Otherwise, it's just more of the same, regardless of who's making the claim. Mitchell, if he were a scientist worth his salt, should understand the concept of evidence.

Challenging beliefs are fine. I do it all the time. But calling people delusion and/or cranks is NOT alright and I won't stand for being insulted and no one else here should have to stand for that either.

And I resent people who adopt attitudes of dismissiveness and intellectual superiority when people like me challenge baseless assertions with calls for something more concrete than "Well, what else could it be?"

It could be a lot of other things, not the least of which is fabrication, misinterpretation, fanciful thinking and even mental instability. And anyone with an ounce of intellectual integrity would grasp that concept and take an approach that sought to eliminate those factors. Not take someone at face value, regardless of who they are, were or say they were.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 958
Posted: 4/23/2009 8:37:34 PM
Seriously, dave, but what does any of that have to do with the cost of tea in china? Art is not science. Science is not art. Art is about expression and interpretation according to feeling and temperament. Science is the collection of data and interpretation of said data. So please spare me your admonitions.

Actually, if you want to talk discovery of human and cultural origins, that's done by science. Slow, careful, methodical extraction of artifacts from the ground, careful study and observations of human populations. Painting a picture, doing a sculpture or doing an interpretive dance isn't going to get one published in Nature.

That's not to say that scientists don't have an appreciation for the aesthetic or artists aren't careful and methodical. However, both have entirely different raison d'etres.
 ck1time
Msg: 961
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2009 11:59:06 PM
We're so funny...I mean that!
I agree with Dr. Michiu Kaku, that some or many of the Real UFOs are robotic craft
checking our progress, possibly for a Type 3 Civilization who are our benefactors.
If so, we are thankful to be so well loved & of interest to the evolved entities we can
become in our future.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >