Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jiperly
Msg: 1017
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?Page 23 of 53    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
>>>-Keeping us unaware of the truth of Oneness (cosmic intelligence)

Right you are! People make these claims NOT because they're confused, mentally disturbed, or misinterpret reality- they make these claims because they know the truth of reality, and are trying to keep everyone else in the dark. The worlds largest and most complex conspiracy. Cause that makes perfect sense.

>>>As the Bible says, "Go forth & multiply". We were dropped off here because it's a suitable planet for us to live on, once the herd gets to sufficient numbers ( maybe by December 21, 2012?) they'll be back to start harvesting.

Again, following stargazers comments, we didn't just "appear" on Earth- we evolved over Billions of years, as did all life. The only possible way it could be argued that life came from another planet is if ALL life came from another planet- which isn't being argued here.

As for 2012....I honestly don't get it. Why or how would the Mayans have this information? And on that note, why or how would the Sumers? I never liked the concept that older civilizations, when they talk about gods, are actually talking about aliens, but other older civilizations, like Greek or Egyptian or thousands of others, when they talk about Gods, they are talking about Gods.

>>>. If you don't know the truth, you don't know it, period.

I admit I'm not omniscient. But that doesn't mean we should cast our conclusions aside in the paranoid fear that, someday, somewhere down the line, we might be wrong. The universe clearly have limits- "anything's possible" is simply not true. I do not need to see and understand everything in creation to make this conclusion.

So let me ask you- at what point is it okay to make a conclusion about anything in reality? Or must we understand everything about everything before we can admit to understanding anything about reality?
 Jiperly
Msg: 1019
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 9/10/2009 10:59:49 PM
Trust me- the dope really helps in toleratin' this nonesense. But I'm certain they can be saved.
 susan_cd
Msg: 1021
Posted: 9/11/2009 7:59:19 AM

As the Bible says, "Go forth & multiply". We were dropped off here because it's a suitable planet for us to live on, once the herd gets to sufficient numbers ( maybe by December 21, 2012?) they'll be back to start harvesting.

It never ceases to amaze me, with all the challenges and troubles we face in the world, people have to make up more monsters. It's really kind of sad

It never ceases to amaze me that some people can't tell when a post is not meant to be taken seriously...but if some people ARE taking Msg 1013 seriously then contact me & I'll sell you a special amulet that'll keep you from being taken by the ranchers.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1024
Posted: 9/11/2009 4:00:45 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that some people can't tell when a post is not meant to be taken seriously...

Which is why people rely on those little icons on the bottom and to the right of the reply window...or just put on an winky face...to show they're being cheeky.

What!? You don't think there aren't people in these discussion groups that believe exactly that sort of "we're all here for aliens to munch on" nonsense?

Icon:
 susan_cd
Msg: 1026
Posted: 9/11/2009 6:19:18 PM

What!? You don't think there aren't people in these discussion groups that believe exactly that sort of "we're all here for aliens to munch on" nonsense?

So I'm guessing you don't wanna order 1 of my special medallions? You can choose either an "I'm not meant to be eaten" or "I'm to be saved for the stud farm" model.

stargazer1000
Msg: 1027
Posted: 9/11/2009 6:20:40 PM

"I'm to be saved for the stud farm" model.

OOoooo!!! I'll take THAT one!
 Jiperly
Msg: 1030
Posted: 9/13/2009 9:59:50 PM
>>>My point is that you don't know what is possible. So technically anything MIGHT be possible, until proven otherwise, that doesn't mean EVERYTHING is possible.

And MY point is, at what point are the things we are discussing proven otherwise? Omniscience? Omnipotence ? At what point will we be free to reach a conclusion based on what we do know and what our current observations have achieved? At what point can we look at the data found, and not decide that, no, the data is wrong, and we simply haven't looked for the answer we prefer hard enough? And how is that perspective lead to good science?

>>>1. what is useful, 2. what is likely and 3. what makes me happy.

What about our observations of the universe implies it is useful? Does that mean our observations are flawed on the premise that, the universe must be useful. It just has to!

And Happy? Why would the universe change if you gained comfort for it? Why would it care?

And Likely? Who are you to judge likelihoods? Whatever likelihoods you can offer, I can contradict, and neither of us would be wrong, because we simply do not have enough knowledge to decide how the universe SHOULD act- we must only rely on how we see it acting.

I honestly do not understand why you have such a sheer terror of making the wrong conclusions with the right data.
 Jiperly
Msg: 1032
Posted: 9/14/2009 12:13:29 PM
>>>When they ARE, and if it doesn't happen then the case MUST remain open to creative hypothesizing and wonder.

What do you mean? I'm asking for specifics. At what point is it okay to make any claims on the subject matter and obvious questions this topic presents? When is it okay to claim that Aliens do not exist? When we've explored everywhere in the universe? When is it okay to claim that traveling the deep void of space is impossible? You know, other than the evidence that already exists explaining that there isn't enough resources to make such a thing possible? And why do you take the opposite stance of the scientific principal- that we must prove that aliens DIDN'T create man, as opposed to the critics having to prove their assertions true?

When is it okay to claim that aliens didn't make man, or can't make the journey here, or even do not exist? And why do you take the stance that is contradicted by all of our observations, claiming that our observations are flawed because they aren't giving you the answers you'd expect, or prefer?
 nexthyme
Msg: 1034
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 4:00:17 PM
I was in Sedona this last week, and went up to one of the petroglyphs. There were saucer shaped drawings, and an image of what modern day aliens are drawn as. These petroglyphs are 1500 yrs old, AND were discovered in the 1800's when there was not flying machines...

I personally found them as good as a photo, especially since they didn't have cameras to draw things that amazed them...

THIS DOESN'T say that they, or we come from aliens, but it seems rather apparent something came to visit these people...

Way back in this thread I had been challenged about these petroglyphs existing, well I can say first hand I seen them in person, and they were documented in the 1800's before any flying machines, so they aren't a doctored up drawing...

zedstead, I agree that many people have a problem with something they aren't comfortable with, and further more will discredit anything that may suggest their conclusion is incorrect...

I challenge any one to go see these petroglyphs in person, and then decide for themselves whether they have a flying machine or not...

I have seen people on this thread say first hand witnesses are anecdotal, that is if they have seen things that don't agree with them... Go look for yourself, then use your own anecdotal tale to describe how they are something other...
 FrogO_Oeyes
Msg: 1035
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 4:50:56 PM

That's why science is "self-correcting" - meaning eventually someone will look over your study and your evidence and prove your conclusion wrong! By that method - the ENTIRE basis of science might easily some day be proven WRONG!

You seem to have a highly flawed understanding of what science is. Science, or the philosophy of science, or the scientific method, is a specific method of obtaining reliable consistent answers. Your statement above is a paradox. The only methodology which can prove anything conclusively "wrong", is science. Just how do you propose to use the scientific method to show that the scientific method doesn't work?

PS - same problems apply to alternative medicine. Alternative treatments may or may not work. When these treatments are analyzed, tested, explained, and proven by the scientific method, they are no longer "traditional", but "western". Ethnobotanists study traditional medicines. Their studies are furthered by chemists and others, and the results are incorporated. You don't see the results because you don't associate willow bark tea with acetylsalicylic acid.

I have seen people on this thread say first hand witnesses are anecdotal, that is if they have seen things that don't agree with them

Yes, they're anecdotal, because the conclusions drawn are subjective and done in the absence of physical evidence. No independant verification is possible, so they're not useful on their own.

Although the petroglyphs you describe may in general be 1500 years old and discovered up to 200 years ago, that does NOT mean that the ones you specifically refer to meet either of those standards.

Likewise, saucer-shaped drawings do not necessarily mean "flying saucers", and large-eyed figures do not necessarily mean aliens. Infants of a great many vertebrate species have large heads for their bodies and large eyes for their heads. Such drawings could represent children, or simply be stylized. Asian cartoons typically show people, especially whites, as having oversized eyes. In 1000 years, are we to assume that manga and anime are records of aliens? We know NOW that such figures are exaggerated representations of fictional humans. Would indiginous Americans not stylize their petroglyph artwork? They certainly did when it came to making totem poles, homes, and boats on the Pacific coast.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1037
Posted: 9/14/2009 6:08:04 PM

Curious the beliefs for Planet X

Doesn't exist. Isn't real. Sorry.
 FrogO_Oeyes
Msg: 1038
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 6:08:55 PM
Sitchin is a thoroughly debunked fraud, as is the existence of "Planet X". There are several other threads which deal specifically with both.
 susan_cd
Msg: 1039
Posted: 9/14/2009 6:14:19 PM

I was in Sedona this last week, and went up to one of the petroglyphs. There were saucer shaped drawings, and an image of what modern day aliens are drawn as. These petroglyphs are 1500 yrs old, AND were discovered in the 1800's when there was not flying machines...

I personally found them as good as a photo, especially since they didn't have cameras to draw things that amazed them...

THIS DOESN'T say that they, or we come from aliens, but it seems rather apparent something came to visit these people...

I'd say the only thing the petroglyphs make apparent is that someone drew them and mothing else. Maybe they're art drawn by someone on some hallucinogenogen ( peyote, magic mushroomms? ).

Or maybe the petroglyphs were made by human time travellers from the future to screw with our 20th century minds... that's as legitimate an explanation as extraterrestrials, and there's as much proof ( none ).
 nexthyme
Msg: 1040
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 8:42:49 PM
Frogeyes, I would agree that they draw what they'd like, however these beings were tall, long armed and legged, with a triangle head.

The saucer was depicted to be over the land creatures, horses (?) deer (?)

Saucers like we see with the dome on top.

Susan CD, what they demonstrate is that there is more to think about, AND these are as good as good one can get of a photo from that time period... As I stated it doesn't say WE or they come from aliens, but they seen something worthy enough to carve out on the rock.

Hallucinogens maybe, but once again if a person has never seen something mechanical flying in the sky, how could they visualize them???

The scientific test is this, these weren't drawn after mechanical flying machines or we have been duped in believing that flying machines didn't come on the scene until the 1900's. What ever the case, I find it interesting that these are dismissed, and wonder WHY...

Personally I find them worthy of consideration, even if there is no means to get answers of their specific meaning... Heck the spiral drawings petroglyphs all over the place are unknown as to their meaning.

I think they have something to say, the what, I don't know...
 susan_cd
Msg: 1041
Posted: 9/14/2009 9:36:26 PM
They are definitely noteworthy, and curious. But too many people take the Von Daniken ( did I spell that right?) approach and anything curious & unexplainable ( or in his case lots of explainable stuff too) is deemed to be proof of extraterrestrial intervention.
 Jiperly
Msg: 1043
Posted: 9/15/2009 12:09:13 AM
>>>IT'S NEVEr OKAY to claim something impossible without knowing it is impossible.

Could your mother be a very tall pixie, and your mother be a very small elf? Would it be wrong to claim they weren't? Would it be wrong to claim such a thing doesn't exist? How could you possibly know for sure?

>>>The point you think should come prematurely (which seems to be right now, so that you can shut down the discussion of possibilities you find uncomfortable) should NOT come until - as you said -we've explored everywhere in the universe.

Are....are you serious?

You know that'll never happen, right? Even if we find a means to be in one solar system a second, find out everything in that solar system, and moved onto the next, and everyone in the world were to do this, for their entire lives, there would still be solar systems left unexplored. Not to mention, we'd eventually have to start over, because the universe is not stagnant. You ask an impossible standard.

You can enjoy your life of ignorance, where you reject everything we see because you're certain the universe acts how you feel it should, rather than how we see it actually does. I will base my conclusions on actual evidence, though, thank you.

>>>I am NOT claiming that we are for sure part alien, I'm saying it's a possibility.

By what standard? What evidence is there to produce such a possibility? Couldn't we, under that standard, claim that its possible that there's a giant mash mellow on the complete opposite side of the sun to the Earth?

>>>Nothing you can do can change the truth that we don't know.

Granted, but nothing can deny what we've already found, either. How long do you have to walk amongst trees before its prudent to call it a forest? Until you've explored every square inch of the world?

------

>>>There were saucer shaped drawings, and an image of what modern day aliens are drawn as.

That hardly proves anything- you can look back 25 years, and aliens were different. Look back another 25, and again, hugely different. Is a coincidence so impossible?

>>> but it seems rather apparent something came to visit these people...

And "messages to God" didn't seem well enough? Or an artistic creation? There must be a physical verification- not just a spiritual quest?

And since when has something been proven true cause someone, somewhere wrote it down?

>>>however these beings were tall, long armed and legged, with a triangle head.

Of course! Just like all the alien abduction stories! Triangle Heads!

>>>if a person has never seen something mechanical flying in the sky

Omg! I remember you now! You mentioned you were in this topic earlier- and I ask, yet again- what about the image implies it is mechanical?

---------

>>>Sitchin is a thoroughly debunked fraud, as is the existence of "Planet X". There are several other threads which deal specifically with both.

Errm.....You're kind in one of 'em Frogo. Read the OP....
 FrogO_Oeyes
Msg: 1044
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2009 10:23:42 AM

Errm.....You're kind in one of 'em Frogo. Read the OP....

You're right. I get tired of refuting the same crap every time it's presented as if it's some spectacular new fact. It's easy to lose track of just when and where it is repeated.
Planet X/Nibiru - refuted many times
Young Earth creationism - refuted countless times
Sitchin - flushed repeatedly
Irreducible complexity - nonsense n-times over
Improbability of life - fallacy, fallacy, fallacy

I believe Divagreen referred to the "Pseudoscience threads", which struck me as about the most accurate description lately.
 dragonwatcher
Msg: 1045
Posted: 9/15/2009 12:11:42 PM
I feel many of you would benefit from reading up a bit. All you need to do is wrench your selves out of the mainstream information crap that attempts to keep us from finding our true history. The truth is all over the place. OPEN your minds.

Ever wonder why there are so many races of humans? And, gee, science always speaks of the "missing link"... hello...?

FEAR is the biggest issue at hand here. Lose your fear of the unknown, and then intend to know it. Our multiverse is infinite... don't attempt to limit your selves into a box. In this way you will never learn the truth.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1046
Posted: 9/15/2009 12:22:48 PM

I feel many of you would benefit from reading up a bit. All you need to do is wrench your selves out of the mainstream information crap that attempts to keep us from finding our true history. The truth is all over the place. OPEN your minds.

Many of our minds are open. However, our standards for proof are a lot higher than "I feel it is true so it must be." There's a great video on what having an open mind really means. Have a look at that one.

"Mainstream information?" The moment someone starts talking "scientific dogma" or "the establishment," those of us with critical minds get twitchy. That's because we know that's when the woo-woo starts.

Ever wonder why there are so many races of humans? And, gee, science always speaks of the "missing link"... hello...?

Question 1: Migration and evolution. Question 2: Um, which missing link? That's definitely one that's brought up by creationists. However, every species is a link from something before to something later. Links in a continuous chain.

FEAR is the biggest issue at hand here. Lose your fear of the unknown, and then intend to know it. Our multiverse is infinite... don't attempt to limit your selves into a box. In this way you will never learn the truth.

What truth? What evidence? "Our multiverse" isn't even a proven concept...yet. Relying on it as a proof of concept is fallacious at best. And, just so you know, science is really about the unknown. It's kind of it's stock and trade. However, any reasonably intelligent scientist recognizes that the "Truth" today is tomorrow's quaint and false paradigm.

Perhaps the ones who need to really open their minds are those who espouse "Truth" with a capital T.
 aremeself
Msg: 1047
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2009 1:41:10 PM
the human brain with 50 billion neurons, a million billion connections, and a firing rate of maybe, 10 million billion times per second, evolved.

my mind is so open now, bring on the alien stuff, leprechauns, and all.
 nexthyme
Msg: 1048
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2009 6:01:38 PM
Jip, I am saying what I seen... Coincidence... Well when there were NO flying machines, or at least that is what we are told 1500 yrs ago, and when these were found NO flying machines, it does give one pause...

Is it PROOF positive??? I can't say, all I can say is that it would seem that something came to visit, and why not... They don't have to CHANGE anything really, but why not visit, back then the indigenous beings weren't ready to blow them out of the sky...

I am a perfect example of evolution...

I had a very rare severe reaction to a blood pressure med I was taking for 5 yrs... Rarely happens, but for me, 98 % of all meds I have taken I have a reaction, why??? because something is different in me...

I have found out that my neurological structuring is different than the average person... there are some that have the same changes... Found by dr's and over 20 yrs of trying to figure out what is not right with me...

My parents are humans... LOL, at least as far as I know...

What this tells me from an ANECDOTAL perspective is that as a human being for some reason I have changes in my neurological structuring as well as a complete intolerance to chemicals that are generally tolerated by most people...

Now, this is where the open mind part comes in...

Seeing in person these petroglyphs were something that makes me want to know more. I won't get the answers I am sure, and my observation isn't tainted by anything other than what I seen, and the bits and pieces of material I have read...

A person would have to have had the experiences that I and many others have had to perhaps understand why we have our beliefs the way we do...

I am satisfied to believe there were visitors that were NOT the norm. I don't think it was a 1500 yr old to over 35000 yr old coincidence of what these people seen... Simply because that is way to many coincidences for people that were on different continents and never would have encountered each other over that span of time...

I am fine with what I have observed, and if a person goes to the petroglyphs, and hieroglyphs and believe they are something other, so be it... People are allowed opinions of their observations...

Thank you for those who feel they need to DEBUNK what I seen in person... I seen what I did, and unless there is specific written proof that these drawings in the "sacred counsel" where only the high "officials" of the tribe went, are some kid doodling. I am ok with feeling that they might have been visited by beings from the sky....
 susan_cd
Msg: 1050
Posted: 9/15/2009 7:11:16 PM

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Terry Pratchett

I believe in an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out.
Arthur Hays Sulzberger

A great many open minds should be closed for repairs.
Toledo Blade
 Jiperly
Msg: 1051
Posted: 9/15/2009 11:35:14 PM
>>>Well when there were NO flying machines

Again, and this must be the third or fourth time, what about these images imply they are drawing machines? Couldn't it be clouds? An all seeing eye? and whose the say the image represents a sky?

>>>and why not...

You know the arguments for why not. In a nutshell, its physically impossible, and the only alternative is to disregard all our observations of the universe and how it works, simply on the premise that you don't feel its true. Its frankly a very subjective and, dare I say, egotistical way to view the universe, where something must be true because you FEEL it, and proving it is an unnecessary step to claiming it true.
 Jiperly
Msg: 1053
Posted: 9/16/2009 10:30:21 AM
>>>BUT, there are too many unanswered questions to just let sleeping dogs lie.

Well? Lets hear them.

If you come to your conclusion based on being overwhelmed by questions, maybe we could help lighten your load and free you of your burden by actually answering your unanswered questions.

I really don't think that someone, somewhere drawing something that, when looked at with the predisposition towards a preconceived conclusion, is evidence of aliens. I don't think that cavemen drawing saucers is any more evidence of aliens than if my neighbor would we write to the local paper "I saw aliens!"- the only real difference being that we aren't sure the intent on the caveman and their drawings, though neither of them can prove the experience was legitimate.
 Jiperly
Msg: 1055
Posted: 9/16/2009 10:49:35 AM
So we can't prove WHY they drew it, or what they were trying to envision when they did. The same could be said for any painting anywhere. That is not evidence of anything, save our ability to express ourselves.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >