Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aremeself
Msg: 1088
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?Page 25 of 53    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
you might not share my sense of humour.

I thought it was hilarious how we jump to conclusions about a creator, but have to be patient, while people work out this being created by aliens thingy.
 themadfiddler
Msg: 1089
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/6/2010 6:54:46 PM

So imagine an ET with technology that can get them from the stars to here ..they are seriously more advanced than even modern man .. So what, maybe ? the Aliens did was, they studied the dominant lifeforce on this planet ie our human anscestors , for a few hundred thousand years say , and what they were looking for was chinks in the psychological armour of our ancestors , and what they noticed ,was we are a specie that likes to get intoxicated , so they downloaded a part of themselves into a plant in nature and revelaled themselves and their agendas got underway once they were inside our heads .. ?

Why add "aliens" again? Or rather ETs?

Isn't it enough to imagine that through early man's experiences with consciousness altering substances we "jumpstarted" our minds a bit and it gave us the tools to "create a god that would create a tree and then create me...yadayada?"

That and eating protein and walking upright...

The argument for alien intelligences of any kind is essentially identical for the argument for any deity. It is an argument from ignorance, among other logical fallacies.

Plausible does not necessarily relate to probable. Let us not forget that.

A couple of things to keep in mind.

A couple of others...

Any species that has the capability to move inter-dimensionally, or across the vast distances of interstellar space simply would not have the capacity for accidents that we like to ascribe to them that would allow for "sightings" unless they specifically wanted it. What does this tell us about the nature of the sightings that have happened? What can one infer about the motivations of such beings from the sightings and encounters that have occurred?

Benign? Not benign? And in either case, is there sweet bugger all that anyone here could do about it? Not effing likely. You are simply powerless to stand before such entities because with such technology at their disposal, human beings are less than microbes...

Plausibility stretching...stretching...stretching...cover your eyes...
 themadfiddler
Msg: 1091
Posted: 3/6/2010 7:20:52 PM

Maybe this has been covered already in another thread, but putting aside all shape shifting lizards for a second, is it plausible to suggest that humans are part of an extra-terrestrial hybrid blood line?

Well the OP is phrased as a question, so it's certainly alright to argue whether or not it is plausible and why or why not. And even if it is plausible, what does it say about such beings that would use Earth as an ant-farm... OOPS...slipped!

"Which one of you is the queen?"
"I'm the queen."
"No you're not, she is...the one with the fat little corgis!"

CRASH! "AGGGH! Freedom...horrible...horrible freedom!"

~DREAMS~
Msg: 1092
Posted: 3/6/2010 11:49:45 PM

Well the OP is phrased as a question, so it's certainly alright to argue whether or not it is plausible and why or why not. And even if it is plausible, what does it say about such beings that would use Earth as an ant-farm... OOPS...slipped!

Would it change the way you think if you discovered that you were a child decended from an ancient ark where your great great great great.......... etc etc grand fathers rolled up and nuked themselvs an entire dino pupulation long ago to strip a planet full of animal life just to prepair you a place to live?
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1093
Posted: 3/7/2010 5:12:52 AM
I sometimes think these discussions would go a whole lot smoother if people would only pick up a dictionary and look up words like "possible," "plausible," "conjecture," "supposition," "theory," "evidence," etc.

Hey, L. Ron Hubbard made an entire religion (and a shyte-load of money) around space aliens creating humans. So what the hell, eh?
 desertrhino
Msg: 1095
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2010 6:14:34 AM

Hey, L. Ron Hubbard made an entire religion (and a shyte-load of money) around space aliens creating humans. So what the hell, eh?

Yep, and he turned a story into a therapy into a religion primarily to make money. (See the April 1953 memo seized by the FBI from Scientology headquarters.) Just like every other religion in the history of Mankind.

Tell a story.
Try to help people.
Someone, somewhere along the line, figures out how to make money and seize power.

Repeat.
 themadfiddler
Msg: 1097
Posted: 3/7/2010 11:11:47 AM

@the mad fiddler

This maybe the case that consciousness altering substances , jumpstarted our minds ?

what im suggesting is maybe the consciousness altering substance is the alien ?

Respectfully, this is just the same argument reworded. Whether you envision them in the form of separate distinct beings, or interfering in the form of a plant organism, it's still the idea of some form of "deity" and the argument from ignorance again. There's not really a good reason to suppose this plant is anything other than naturally occurring.

Is there?
 ~DREAMS~
Msg: 1099
Posted: 3/7/2010 1:41:47 PM

I sometimes think these discussions would go a whole lot smoother if people would only pick up a dictionary and look up words like "possible," "plausible," "conjecture," "supposition," "theory," "evidence," etc.

Everything starts with a simple thought. By taking into account the FULL gammit of information available.

Look at my example above. In science it is a universaly held believe that millions of years were between dinosaurs and humans. They came to that thought using scientific measurements on bone decay rates of the bone marrow if i understand that correctly.

A closed mind would see that and think... great there is the smoking gun that allows it to call it a fact.

An open minded person would question that FURTHER. An open minded person would look at the bone decay data and think OK is there something else that COULD affect bone decay rates like radiation, heat, pressure.

Someone with critical thinking skills would as a result have more than JUST knowledge about bone decay. As a scientist you are basically an advanced detective. A GOOD detective does not look at someone from ONE point of view and call it a day.

This is a very basic example.... say there was a crime scene and the detective shows up and has one person that says look here is a body officer and from looking at the decay rate i would say the person died at "x:xx o'clock" another person steps up and says no officer do not believe that person because if you factor in the humidity and tempeture it clearly shows that given these conditions the decay rate changes so therfore the more plausable time of death is "x:xx o'clock" Then yet a third person steps up and says officer officer look here there is a note left somewhere else that says a fluffy bunny did it and when they did it as well as how they did it but there is no fluffy bunny left at the scene.

the first to people would say that is rediculas there is no such things as fluffy bunnies because they have never saw a fluffy bunny themselves.

As a detective with an open mind you would not rule out that and instead would start collecting information to see if fluffy bunnies even exist so you start canvasing the area and keep finding people that say they have seen fluffy bunnies. Just because the detective him or herself has not seen fluffy bunnies and other people also say they have not seen fluffy bunnies does not mean they throw away that piece of evidence. Instead they tuck it aside and start looking for fluffy bunnies to question.

In their search WHAM a fluffy bunny runs right in front of the detectives face and sticks its tongue out and then runs off. As a LOGICAL detective the statement that fluffy bunnies do not exist has to be removed from their critical thinking as well as any firm stance about anything from a person that says it is not possible for fluffy bunnies to exist.

Did that make sence?

That leaves the detective to no longer believe the person that says fluffy bunnies do not exist and instead leaves them with the only clue left that makes sense to pursue further because the closed minded person saying it is not possible for fluffy bunnies to exist after the detective has seen a fluffy bunny would lead that detective away from the path of finding the truth.

SEE?

Bottom line is this.... keep your closed mind because all that does is get your azz ignored by the detectives in the world that are not interested in JUST the opinions of one, two or more people they just want to get to the FULL truth which means being able to look at EVERYTHING to try to see if there is at least the possability that the many fragmented pieces could managed to fit together in a huge jig saw puzzle. The more data from the most sources that has the ability to fit together leads a critical thinking person to have a better dataset.

just my opinions
 themadfiddler
Msg: 1100
Posted: 3/7/2010 3:59:38 PM

yeah i agree it probably is naturally occuring . Somehow acting as a catalyst for evolution

Is it? Interesting conjecture...but is there any good reason to believe this?

and finally and probabaly most bizarrely how come if you eat 50 grams of these mushrooms you seem to have some kind of alien deity contact expereince ?

Anyone who has read enough trip reports, and literature on the subject knows that experiences on any form of psilocybe are HIGHLY subjective, personal and unique...and there is not a consistency of the variety you suggest. It would be nice if there was but there just isn't. And unless we have measured dosages of psilocybin, we really have no benchmark. 50 grams fresh I have to assume...and of what strain? It is so hard to have a benchmark as strains all contain varying levels of psilocybin and psilocin.

I took, on one foolish occasion, 9 grams dried of psilocybin cubensis, while not the "heroic" 15 grams of McKenna, still as 7 is usually considered a huge dose when 3.5-5 grams dry is more than to cause hallucinatory/psychedelic experiences. No alien deity experience, unless you count the "chirring cricket" experience and some visionary experiences as "alien communications" and as they were my own experiences I don't choose to define them in that fashion...you can call your "trip" whatever you want to call it I guess.

Does that make it a valid part of subjective reality that we can all refer to? I'm thinking no.

There is, again, no good reason to suspect alien or extra-dimensional origins for any of our entheogenic plants. Why would there be? Because it fits a pet theory that makes us feel good or comforts us? Sounds suspiciously like organized religion by another name, but we have substituted ETs for divinity and for a lack of scientific knowledge we have replaced the "god of the gaps" with the "alien of the gaps."

Sorry, no sale.

Bottom line is this.... keep your closed mind because all that does is get your azz ignored by the detectives in the world that are not interested in JUST the opinions of one, two or more people they just want to get to the FULL truth which means being able to look at EVERYTHING to try to see if there is at least the possability that the many fragmented pieces could managed to fit together in a huge jig saw puzzle. The more data from the most sources that has the ability to fit together leads a critical thinking person to have a better dataset.

But at the same time, a skeptic who is following logic and reason may say - and rightly so and should be able to say without fear of judgment - that there are certain things for which there is little evidence and no good reason to believe in and until such time as evidence is provided we can be reasonably sure that such things do not exist. It is neither unreasonable nor closed-minded to hold such a position. In fact, it is the dogmatism of the "true believer" that prohibits them from seeing that the skeptic, by holding fast to logic and reason, still leaves the door open to be shown with evidence, the possibility that they are in error...because those who are skeptical appreciate the value of truth - of which there is only one type, objective. Our perception of it...now that can be highly subjective.
 ~DREAMS~
Msg: 1101
Posted: 3/7/2010 5:08:03 PM

But at the same time, a skeptic who is following logic and reason may say - and rightly so and should be able to say without fear of judgment - that there are certain things for which there is little evidence and no good reason to believe in and until such time as evidence is provided we can be reasonably sure that such things do not exist. It is neither unreasonable nor closed-minded to hold such a position. In fact, it is the dogmatism of the "true believer" that prohibits them from seeing that the skeptic, by holding fast to logic and reason, still leaves the door open to be shown with evidence, the possibility that they are in error...because those who are skeptical appreciate the value of truth - of which there is only one type, objective. Our perception of it...now that can be highly subjective.

I studied a few skeptics just to try to figured how they formed their opinions on things.

The same things shined through in every one of them... They do in fact have a closed mind and not willing to learn several things. here is why or at least how I came to compair the things they say and do or rather did.

They have said they are skeptic and almost every skeptic will SAY that they are open to having their minds changed. In their thought process that to them would tell them that they could claim themselves as having an open mind.... BUT.... here is the but in it...

It is not an open mind because when you dig down into the meat of their rational thinking they have almost all said the same thing. they added the IF's...

They applied specific parameters, conditions, constrants, and limits to what they would or would not accept.

No matter what way you look at it those are closed boxes. Not open. They become a barrier of protection for them. That form of thought is not any difference at all than people saying the world in flat. Think about it... it is the same constraints a person standing there saying see just look in front of you and you can clearly see that the land in front of you is flat....

What is clearly seen in front of their eyes would be the only things accepted to their mind or their thinking.

It is not any difference at all than that world is flat situation.

Only by traveling all the way around the world to end up in the same spot again would they accept the fact that the world is not flat...

I live in the Show me state aka Missouri. I am very familiar with the Show me them way of thinking.

But there are things in life that it is not possible to show people... Now for me I have never done any major drugs.... I have smoked pot and I DID inhale it too and got a buzz from it.... but I did not enter into some weird state of mind... It simply made me drowsy, hungry, and less sensitive to pain or other physical stimuli.

A numbing effect i guess you could say.

So I have no experiance on any tripping things yall talk about because I never had a desire to ingest anything like that in my body.

To some that would be a hypocritical statement saying like "well how do you know if you have not tried it" But you would be correct... It is a hypocritical statement because it is a parameter of MY life that i did not choose to alter. It was a path of choice i did not nor want to go. So if you have tripped then I would take your word for what it is like because I would not care to have first hand knowledge of anything like that.

But with a sketic on many issues that is NOT the stance they take or had taken with the ones I was conversing with. Their stance was that they would still apply their OWN parameters that they would not be willing to budge on. they would also just like my above example say they would not be willing to travel that path to see for themselves. It is a choice and just like my choice not to take drugs it is their right to do.. but where it deviates is you see I them said well i will have to take your word for what it is like to tripp on drugs because i am not willing to get first hand data for myself on it.

But a skeptic will instead keep their skeptic stance but ALSO say that they will not take your word for it. You can not help them or even continue to talk to them... it is a loosing conversation no matter which way it works out.

On one hand they say SHOW ME!... and you tell them what to do to see it and then they say well NO you need to show me using these parameters. That equals conversation over.... Because you can't...

That senerio would be no different than me telling you to show me what it is like to tripp on drugs and you handing me a hit of acid and i hand it back and say no you show me what it is like to trip on acid without actully ingesting the hit of acid....

SEE? It is not any different... It is an argument that could never be won. The reason it could never be won is because technically it never took place. It ended before it even started.

No REAL conversation took place. No knowledge exchanged. No learning and no teaching on either persons case because neither person was willing to accept the terms agreed upon by the other.

Same as i said before.. You can not teach someone that does not want to learn. You can't learn anything if you are trying to teach the teacher while they are trying to teach you.

Too many teachers and not enough students in life. But they are not teachers... Not real teachers anyways. The reason is teachers do not LISTEN. They have their minds set and their objectives listed and their plans for how they are going to teach a specific topic as well as what is included in that topic. But if a child tosses a curve ball in the classroom they are stuck... They have the choice to either stop teaching, listen, examine, learn what the student was saying, and then adjust their planned course to compensate for how that child was thinking about something for greater ability for not just the whole class but also that specific student as well.

I teach my child some pretty advanced topics having to deal with the human brain even though he is only 11 years old... and I send him to school with the statement to ASK questions of his teachers. They do not wish to answer questions though.... His last teacher would throw tenis balls at him if he asked a question.

Of course she is on drugs so clearly was not able to think clearly. and was only capable of acting like a robot.

Look at it this way... Not to send this topic into a school system rant but it does seem to apply to the skeptic statement you made.

If every time a child in school trying to be active in their learning by asking questions it BUILDS their brains. That is the purpose of a school system in my opinion.... To build brain capasity. Think back as far as you can remember. for most people it is around 5 years old. and then only glimpses here and there.

The new and improved school systems as they call them are proud of the fact they are just shoving in things for our youth to remember. They are as a result building memory and not so much capacity for thought. I am sorry if i have the choice between capacity of thought or memory give my child capasity of thought over above being able to remember.

By default if you can think you can remember even though it may not be perfect recolection.

so think back to your skeptic stance. And answer the question... How can you show someone something that they do not want to see unless it is on their OWN terms and counisides with what they already believe to be true?

The world is flat was the believe and truth that everyone held firm to and likely even got rid of people that tried to say it was not flat back in those days. they were the skeptics and already had they response back formed before hearing the conversation when they would say just look with your own eyes in front of you to see the land is flat. they would even break out strait measuring tools to show that there was no curve thus confirming in their mind that it was flat..... The failure in their thought process back then was that they refused to pull back perspective far enough to see. They only looked at and saw what was EXACTLY in front of them.

make sense?
 aremeself
Msg: 1102
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2010 5:14:09 PM
the dumbest ass could be right about something.

he won't usually be, but watch it.

we shouldn't gloat.

and on that note, are smart people really that smart?
ya, we have technology built on technology of the past, but this world, according to which way the conversation is going, seems to, for all the advances, to not be in really fine shape.
 themadfiddler
Msg: 1103
Posted: 3/7/2010 7:10:02 PM

But a skeptic will instead keep their skeptic stance but ALSO say that they will not take your word for it. You can not help them or even continue to talk to them... it is a loosing conversation no matter which way it works out.

On one hand they say SHOW ME!... and you tell them what to do to see it and then they say well NO you need to show me using these parameters. That equals conversation over.... Because you can't...

What...you mean they have the temerity to ask for a scrap of evidence? How dare they...

Honestly...why should they take anyone's "word" for anything?

Ask yourself. Our senses can very easily be fooled and are not the least bit trustworthy. Anecdotal evidence of someone else's senses...even less so. So why in the world should someone be expected to rely on just that? It's not unreasonable in the least to ask for proof.

The world is flat was the believe and truth that everyone held firm to and likely even got rid of people that tried to say it was not flat back in those days. they were the skeptics and already had they response back formed before hearing the conversation when they would say just look with your own eyes in front of you to see the land is flat. they would even break out strait measuring tools to show that there was no curve thus confirming in their mind that it was flat..... The failure in their thought process back then was that they refused to pull back perspective far enough to see. They only looked at and saw what was EXACTLY in front of them.

Dogmatic skepticism that allows for no possibility of new ideas is a problem...but it's not the province of all skeptics no more than fanaticism is the province of all true believers. It is not unreasonable to examine one's beliefs with logic, reason, demands for evidence...in fact it should be routine. Keeping an open mind is great...but as the adage goes, not so open your brains fall out.

My skepticism about the OP is based on the assumption that there is simply no need to posit "aliensdidit" when there is a perfectly good naturalistic explanation. I no more need to imagine "aliensdidit" than I need to imagine "Goddidit" and it is the identical argument to this (Argument From Ignorance), and the God of the Gaps. The burden of proof is not on me to disprove the extraordinary claims of gods or aliens...it is on the claimant to provide extraordinary evidence for the claim.

A good start would be some reasons why such beings would exist and motivations that make sense for doing what they would do that aren't plucked from poorly thought out sci-fi.

I find the OP's suggestion neither remotely plausible nor probable. I already gave a couple of reasons why, not the least of which is the seemingly illogical behavior of so-called ETs if taken at face value as aliens...on the other hand, if as Jaques Vallee, CG Jung and others have suggested, they are occurrences of the psyche they are much more like what one should expect.

In any case, this dog won't hunt.
 ~DREAMS~
Msg: 1104
Posted: 3/7/2010 7:59:26 PM

The burden of proof is not on me to disprove the extraordinary claims of gods or aliens...it is on the claimant to provide extraordinary evidence for the claim.

Ok I will give a hypothetical little story here so you could see what I was talking about with a skeptic.

Lets say I am an alien and you say proove it... Ok so the logical thing to do would be for me to just land my space ship right? So I land my ship and step out to meet the skeptic....

But you are a Skeptic and there are already ships that fly on this planet so you would just likely think bull shyt it is just a man made ship that you still would not believe...

Now why would you not believe??? Because I am human. So your protections would go flying up not wanting to be tricked or duped...

So still you would not believe.... you would then say bullshyt let me look inside your ship to see how it works to ensure there is not just some earthly flying system at work made in china or something... so you would run into the ship to look for the made in USA or made in china tag on something....

maybe you see something metal that looks like something that a human from earth could have made.... as a skeptic you have already got in your head that

A.) you will not be tricked because you are smarter than that.

and

B.) The ASSUMPTION that anything alien is going to automatically be different than anything that a human could make....

So as your skeptic protections start tingling you would as a skeptic would go further and further and want more and more....

Eventually you are wanting to cut open to look to see if the organs inside look the same etc etc...

Like i said it NEVER ENDS with the skeptics....

You built your OWN mind as a form of protection from anything that goes against what you WANT to believe and since your mind is programmed that way it is not going to waver at all.

Skeptics don't change there minds.... a skeptic will think about something... then set their mind and POOF that is the final say...

There is only one way to make a skeptic change their mind about something.... You have to chip away a little at a time... You give and give and give little things at a time till their own tingling starts going off convincing them that something is NOT normal that something else is not possible that goes against what is already programmed in their mind.

Lets say I was an alien and offered to take you for a ride in my space ship.... so we take off and head up to space take a spin around jupiter and head back and land... would you be convinced as a skeptic? No you wouldn't because then your skepticness would get tingling that the images displayed on the sceens were just faked and again you would say proove they were not faked.....

Like I said... there is no talking to skeptics.... the issues are mute from the start because you as a skeptic would have so many walls and boxes built up around you to protect yourself from being duped that you would not even believe your own eyes anymore....

They have a word for that in the SCIENCE of psychology.... it is not called a skeptic... they are called paranoid. Skeptic is another word for scarred and paranoid aka a damaged brain that takes years to repair.

It just is not worth the repair costs or the hassles in life to even bother conversing with people like that.... it is like talking to a damn wall or walking on a uphill treadmill.... you are expending a shyt ton of energy and getting nowhere in life....

just my opinions
 aremeself
Msg: 1105
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2010 8:20:00 PM
healthy skepticism is fine, but no human is going to influence me on that one, I hope.
of course skeptics change there minds.

whats with all the generalized judgments?

that would be a freakin coincidence from hell if by chance an alien looked and functioned anything like us.

even there size, who knows.
gravity has, I think a lot to do with how certain sizes function on a particular planet.
then what are the chances that they have the same atmosphere.
doesn't that have a lot to do with that planets size, etc?

and talking to you is different then talking to a wall?
how is that?

why chip away at a skeptic, give him the whole enchilada at once.

I apologize for any misunderstanding,
 ~DREAMS~
Msg: 1106
Posted: 3/7/2010 8:39:23 PM

why chip away at a skeptic, give him the whole enchilada at once.

Think of a wall. What happens if the whole wall comes down at once esspecially if it is a foundation wall? If you do then the wall has no chance to adjust and load balance itself.... it crashes down around that person as well as their whole house it is built upon.... they end up in a mental ward basically...lol

that would be a freakin coincidence from hell if by chance an alien looked and functioned anything like us.

Well actully if you look at things like the bible it says we were crafted in gods image so would seem completely logical to assume there would be a good chance that is the case.

even there size, who knows.
gravity has, I think a lot to do with how certain sizes function on a particular planet.
then what are the chances that they have the same atmosphere.
doesn't that have a lot to do with that planets size, etc?

again go back to the same things if they did in fact have similar bodies then it would leed one to believe that similar planitary conditions would also be required.

we on this planet are not all one size fits all and that does not make someone of a different size,color, complextion an alien.

could also be that aliens are energy and flesh is just a visable body suit to be able to interact with the enviroment around us.

It is hollywood that portray's that any alien would clearly have to be a little green man or some super vilian set to destroy all of humanity.

I think I never laughed as hard as I did watching that movie that had a sphere landing in a park to destroy everything on earth because yall were mistreating the planet..lol... oh yeah bet mr gore had a blast with that one....lol

put that fear into the people so that if an alien or ET ever did show up they would automatically jump to want to kill it....that will teach them thar aliens to land on your planet....
 themadfiddler
Msg: 1107
Posted: 3/7/2010 8:44:49 PM
You have hit upon a critical problem right here. The very notion of a bipedal alien with two eyes, a mouth, two arms, a roughly humanoid shape... poppycock. Utter rubbish.

One of the best books on the concept of how alien life might look, published quite some time ago, made some real scientific based guesses on how such life might look based on some of the very parameters you suggest. Different gravity, light, gases, etc.

Lets say I was an alien and offered to take you for a ride in my space ship.... so we take off and head up to space take a spin around jupiter and head back and land... would you be convinced as a skeptic? No you wouldn't because then your skepticness would get tingling that the images displayed on the sceens were just faked and again you would say proove they were not faked.....

Like I said... there is no talking to skeptics.... the issues are mute from the start because you as a skeptic would have so many walls and boxes built up around you to protect yourself from being duped that you would not even believe your own eyes anymore....

They have a word for that in the SCIENCE of psychology.... it is not called a skeptic... they are called paranoid. Skeptic is another word for scarred and paranoid aka a damaged brain that takes years to repair.

Not all skeptics are this paranoid...

By arguing this, are you trying to let yourself and others off the hook from having to come up with reasonable and plausible arguments with proof and evidence for claims? Wouldn't it be lovely if we could all spout off any bat-sh*t nonsense we liked with no particularly good reason to believe in it...but we are expected to believe it because someone gave their word to...and it's "The Truth" and "The Man" is suppressing it so that you can't know "The Secret Agenda"...

Notice how this starts to sound? Is it any wonder why people would perhaps want to ask for a few scraps of rationality and evidence mixed in with their ideas? That's not paranoia. That's just common sense.

could also be that aliens are energy and flesh is just a visable body suit to be able to interact with the enviroment around us.

This just adds another level of implausibility and improbability to the idea. The aliens now are for all intents and purposes magical beings or gods...and we return to the central problem. And there remains no more evidence for them than God and even less need. At least religion arguably can have some redeeming social value if not taken to extremes.
 ~DREAMS~
Msg: 1108
Posted: 3/7/2010 9:02:41 PM

By arguing this, are you trying to let yourself and others off the hook from having to come up with reasonable and plausible arguments with proof and evidence for claims? Wouldn't it be lovely if we could all spout off any bat-sh*t nonsense we liked with no particularly good reason to believe in it...but we are expected to believe it because someone gave their word to...and it's "The Truth" and "The Man" is suppressing it so that you can't know "The Secret Agenda"...

yeah the secret agenda.... like that whole the government keeping aliens seperate not for the protection of the people but for the protection of the aliens because this is such an evil bad bad planet filled with hateful people that would kill an alien if they found one....

boy thats the ticket hide them off in secret facilities and milk them of all their knowledge to make a buck to keep them safe... :shakehead:

You are right... you are all alone in the entire universe and will never meet an alien race..... They would avoid you like the plague.... it would be like being hauled in front a judge and grilled of questions to defend yourself for trying to say hello....

why would any SMART alien even bother with people like you? Knowing someone like you would offer absolute ZERO benefit. sorry i just don't see the logic or balance
 themadfiddler
Msg: 1109
Posted: 3/7/2010 9:11:04 PM

yeah the secret agenda.... like that whole the government keeping aliens seperate not for the protection of the people but for the protection of the aliens because this is such an evil bad bad planet filled with hateful people that would kill an alien if they found one....

Sorry you don't seem to see how arguing that skeptics are all paranoid and that asking for evidence is not appropriate in these situations you don't seem to realize you open the door to any ridiculous claim anyone would choose to make...aka The Dragon In My Garage, The Invisible Pink Unicorn, etc.

You are right... you are all alone in the entire universe and will never meet an alien race..... They would avoid you like the plague.... it would be like being hauled in front a judge and grilled of questions to defend yourself for trying to say hello....

why would any SMART alien even bother with people like you? Knowing someone like you would offer absolute ZERO benefit. sorry i just don't see the logic or balance

What I am suggesting is the very idea that such beings would - hah - have anything to do with us at all, allow themselves to be "captured" let alone seen, is preposterous from the get go.

Do I really have to spell out why? I mean it should be logically obvious.

And...if you still want to accept the plausibility of aliens that "show themselves" and yet do all the things that they are alleged to do, what does this actually say about them?

Or do I have to spell this out too, and why it is equally preposterous?

Or is this the point in the discussion where, hearing something one doesn't like, the standardized response is to plug the ears and run away going LALALALA can't hear you?

I'd rather you answer the above questions because I am pretty sure you can think it through.

"Last minute edit" And when someone posts anything about Sitchin or Von Fraudiken in a post about aliens and expects it to be taken seriously I can say if anything it just makes my point and case for me. Defense rests.
 susan_cd
Msg: 1111
Posted: 3/7/2010 9:37:22 PM

and finally and probabaly most bizarrely how come if you eat 50 grams of these mushrooms you some kind of alien deity contact expereince ?

Couple things come to mind when reading this statement.

First, if the person does report this occuring then the person "seems to have" some kind of alien deity contact. The key words are "seems to have". Second, the person reporting this occurence which they "seem to have" had may be lying. And third, they'd be under the influence of a hallucinogenic substance so anything they say they saw/heard/experienced is not proof of anything.

Even if someone hadn't taken the mushrooms & said they had contact with an alien deity of some sort, that wouldn't be proof either as it'd just be them saying it happened ( maybe it did, maybe it didn't, but claiming it happened with no evidence to back up the claim is just anecdotal evidence).
 susan_cd
Msg: 1112
Posted: 3/7/2010 9:43:07 PM

the detectives in the world that are not interested in JUST the opinions of one, two or more people they just want to get to the FULL truth which means being able to look at EVERYTHING

Sure, they'd examine everything & take statements but statements with no evidence to support them aren't considered evidence. They'd be considered as hearsay & conjecture unless & until further evidence was uncovered to support their statements.

Personally, if I happened to be found dead with a large puncture wound in my torso as the cause of death & someone says a pink elephant caused the wound I'd hope the detectives wouldn't waste any money time or resources trying to track down a pink elephant & would instead concentrate on physical evidence a tthe scene & statements from other people.
 susan_cd
Msg: 1113
Posted: 3/7/2010 9:49:33 PM

Well actully if you look at things like the bible it says we were crafted in gods image so would seem completely logical to assume there would be a good chance that is the case.

It would, if you accept the Bible as a factual account of events. Many people don't. And just because something is stated in the Bible isn't proof of anything. And there are numerous other religions on the planet.

The assorted creatures in Greek, Roman and Egyptian mythology look a lot more plausible as possible aliens; as do some of the Hindu deities.
 CrumblePie
Msg: 1114
Posted: 3/7/2010 11:48:17 PM
I don't understand this topic, there's only one side to take; aliens created humans.

God would be an alien, god is not of this earth, he created it and does not live here, unless im worng about him not bliving here, in which case could someone please point me to his house, cause i have a few choice words for him.

Our evolutionary ancestors are now alien to this earth, then again, i could be wrong, but would someone again point me in the direction of where these creatures live so i can watch some humans evolve.

Aliens flew here, landed, made people and flew away..... er well, whatever, all i know is that where ever people originated, or from whatever people originated that IS alien to earth at this time.

why do people like to jump to wild claims with no evidence on anything, if we knew the alien source, we would know the alien source, till then, we can only say that in fact the source is alien to us here on earth.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 1115
Posted: 3/8/2010 2:32:02 AM

The same things shined through in every one of them... They do in fact have a closed mind and not willing to learn several things. here is why or at least how I came to compair the things they say and do or rather did.

That's why I refuse to discuss things with them. There's absolutely no point. They're solipsistic to a fault - cast in concrete. They simply don't interest me. I'd be curious as hell to see what their reaction would be in an star visiter yanked them into a ship and probed his every bodily part whether he'd come back a believer or convince himself that what happened didn't really happen. Either way, who cares. None are so blind as those who refuse to see. It's sloppy biased thinking and usually results sloppy people living sloppy lives because they're simply too rigid to bend. Their problem and certainly not mine.

Peace.

It just is not worth the repair costs or the hassles in life to even bother conversing with people like that.... it is like talking to a damn wall or walking on a uphill treadmill.... you are expending a shyt ton of energy and getting nowhere in life....

Uh huh. I'm reminded of an old joke....

A female CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had
been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a
long, long time. So she went to check it out.

She went to the Western Wall and there he was walking slowly
up to the holy site. She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes,
when he turned to leave, using a cane in a very slow fashion , she
approached him for an interview.

"I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN. Sir, how long have you been
coming to the Western Wall and praying?"

"For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the
Muslims. I pray for all the hatred to stop and I pray for all our children
to grow up in safety and friendship."

"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a ****in' wall."
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1116
Posted: 3/8/2010 6:07:41 AM
I just wonder, do you people of the Church of the Assumed Aliens take donations? What are your meetings like? Do you wear silver saucers around your neck...or on your head? What are your hymns?

Oy vey!

Edit:

Everything starts with a simple thought. By taking into account the FULL gammit of information available.

Indeed, but there is also an elimination process involved. What is most likely based on my present evidence.

ev·i·dence [ev-i-duhns] Show IPA noun, verb,-denced, -denc·ing.
–noun
1. that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
2. something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.
3. Law. data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or objects.

–verb (used with object)
4. to make evident or clear; show clearly; manifest: He evidenced his approval by promising his full support.
5. to support by evidence: He evidenced his accusation with incriminating letters.

—Idiom
6. in evidence, plainly visible; conspicuous: The first signs of spring are in evidence.
 susan_cd
Msg: 1119
Posted: 3/8/2010 8:02:40 AM

I get feed up with the ridicule and false personality assassinations from skeptics who can’t properly debunk what is being said

If something is being said there's no need to debunk it since something said ( as an example someone saying they met extraterrestrials) isn't evidence of anything, other than ecidence that someone is SAYING they met extraterrestrials.

Claiming something extroardinary without evidence to back up the claim is merely someone saying "this happened to me & me saying it happened should be all the proof you need".

Sorry, it don't work that way.

Btw one of the Star Visitors ( I forget their name, I'm better with faces) borrowed $5000.00 from me & said you'd cover the loan; when can I expect you to send me the $$$ (I'm easy & am not gonna quibble over a few dollars so it can be either American or Canadian funds)?
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >