Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 susan_cd
Msg: 1126
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?Page 26 of 53    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)

My own experience is way more concrete proof than I need for myself. I can't think of any better proof.

And that's great, glad you look at it that way. Unfortunately there are many out there that will say some amazing thing happened to them ( say contact with an ET since we're in this thread) and they can't understand why their personal experience & claim isn't proof it happened.

I've never had any sort of extraterrestrial experience but I did see a ghost ( well, part of a ghost) once... & once was enough. I have no problem relating the story & letting the listener judge for themself & either believe what I say happened did occur or not believe. I wouldn't try to convince them to believe me or take offence if they didn't believe me ( or said I had misobserved or hallucinated the event). Having said all this I also accept thatpehaps I did see what we'd refer to as a ghost but that a ghost isn't what we think it is ( that is the spirit of someone who is now deceased ).
 themadfiddler
Msg: 1129
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 3/8/2010 1:01:45 PM
Jaques-Vallee basically described the phenomenon you are talking about...the poster is simply describing his experience according to his worldview.

I don't deny the poster had an experience of some kind and that it was very valid and real for them.

Jaques Vallee notes however there are around ten points of similarity between the alien encounter and the stories of encounters with faery folk in the middle and dark ages. Likely older stories could find things in common with encounters with gods. The absence of physical evidence should suggest something happening at the subconscious level...even to those fully awake. C.G. Jung's book on Flying Saucers seems to concur with this.

But again, this is not really on topic as is the plausibility of "star races"
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1131
Posted: 3/8/2010 7:17:07 PM

There is evidence of this - it's been repeatedly buried, concealed, manipulated to suit the government and the control of the masses...

Give me that ol' time religion! In this case, rather than the "divine," we have the extraterrestrial.

You do realize that there really is absolutely no evidence for this. And the "researchers" such as von Daniken et. al. are simply spinning a yarn. They've made an awful lot of money over the years on this silliness.

Actually, it seems that von Daniken doesn't really like us humans much. Turns out early civilizations were just too stupid to come up with great works, advanced mathematics, etc.

I'm starting to hear a ringing in my ears. Is that my B.S. alert going off again?
 susan_cd
Msg: 1133
Posted: 3/8/2010 8:17:48 PM
re: Won Daniken

Däniken's run-ins with the law started at an early age. In the 1960s, while working in hotels and restaurants across Switzerland, he was convicted of fraud, serving a prison sentence for defrauding his boss at one hotel. In 1967, soon after Chariots of the Gods was published he was arrested and charged by Interpol with fraud and tax evasion for non-payment of US$14,000.00. During the investigation, authorities uncovered a large personal debt totaling about US$700,000. Däniken was found guilty of embezzlement, and served more than three years in Swiss prisons. While in prison, he continued writing, and 'Return of the Gods' was subsequently published.

So he's been convictedof tax evasion, embezzlement and fraud.

I guess you could accept the premise that yes, he did commit fraud BUT nothing he presents in his books is fraudulent.

Däniken claimed that a non-rusting iron pillar in India was evidence of extraterrestrial influence. (The tale of this supposedly rust-free iron pillar has already been published by Will Durant in his 1935 book Our Oriental Heritage). Later, Däniken admitted in a Playboy interview that the pillar was actually rusty and man-made, and that as far as supporting his hypotheses goes "we can forget about this iron thing." However, neither Däniken, nor any of his publishers have removed this, or any other discredited items from subsequent editions of his books.

Some also question von Däniken's credibility, as he has also knowingly put forward fraudulent evidence to advance his hypotheses, such as photographs of pottery "depicting UFOs", supposedly from an archaeological dig dating back to the biblical era. The PBS television series Nova determined that this was a fraud, and even located the potter who made them. When confronted with this evidence, von Däniken argued that the deception was justified because some people would only believe his theories if they saw actual proof.

So he feels it's OK to create fake "evidence" because people won't believe his theories if they didn't see actual proof??

I got news for you Von Daniken, fake evidence isn't proof
 themadfiddler
Msg: 1134
Posted: 3/8/2010 8:56:14 PM
And before you mention Sitchen, please don't bother...what little he does know about Orientalism he pollutes with things he makes up out of pure BS to fit his pet theories.

He's a fiction writer, not a serious scholar.

He has zero evidence for any of his claims...and his claims about the language: debunked. Period. He also has no real credentials to be making any of his claims.

He's got bupkiss.

http://michaelsheiser.com/PaleoBabble/zecharia-sitchin-archive/

A clearinghouse for information on this crackpot...

And as for Von Fraudilstiltsken, after being caught by Nova having his "alien artifacts" made by a local potter, and having no real credentials, I don't think he even needs comment...he's done a pretty effective job taking himself out of credible debate.

There is evidence of this - it's been repeatedly buried, concealed, manipulated to suit the government and the control of the masses...

Ah yes, the "conspirators" claim of "stigmatized" knowledge... but you Know the TRUTH (tm) don't you? Even though it's suppressed by the Man...and debunked by disinformation agents...

Bullplates. You don't have any evidence. And by the way, The Invisible Pink Unicorn told me that he thinks you're a loony but you're welcome to believe in whatever gets you through the night so long as you don't expect anyone else to take it seriously.
 desertrhino
Msg: 1139
view profile
History
 susan_cd
Msg: 1140
Posted: 3/9/2010 9:38:41 AM

On more than one occasion, there was a message that we were able to decode.

Oh? And where can we find these decoded messages? Or do we need to send $19.95 in a self adressed stamped envelope to receive the secret message of hope, healing and enlightenment left by the Star Guardians?

And are the messages claimed to be left something that would prove they were left by an advanced race? The formula & engineering necessary for cold fusion or the cure for cancer would be nice....( but I guess the power industry & pharmaceutical companies are supressing the data).

I'm guessing these "messages" are along the lines of "war is bad", "be good to each other" and other simple platutudes.
 ~DREAMS~
Msg: 1141
Posted: 3/9/2010 4:05:40 PM
You do realize that there really is absolutely no evidence for this. And the "researchers" are simply spinning a yarn. They've made an awful lot of money over the years on silliness.

I completely agree. How about we pass a law in this nation for that ? Any researcher found to have performed silliness work that someone else does not agree 100% is needed has to give all that money back or go to jail for fraud.

Sounds like there is our deficiet problem solved... All the stealing false scientists that just LOVE spinning yarn and spreading bullshyt. Oh wait we already have laws to prevent that they just need to be ENFORCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like there is our deficiet problem solved

LMAO bet the dollar amounts between that AND the deficit line up almost dollar for dollar ;-)
 susan_cd
Msg: 1142
Posted: 3/9/2010 4:57:06 PM

Sounds like there is our deficiet problem solved... All the stealing false scientists that just LOVE spinning yarn and spreading bullshyt.

Why not just force the people who call themselves psychics to buy $200 worth of lottery tickets for every draw ( the government will provide the cost of the ticket) & when the winning tickets are cashed in, the psychic gets 25 % of the prize money.... and if the tickets don't win, the psychic has to refund the cost of the ticket to the government. That'd help clear up the deficit too; as well as eliminating all the frauds ( that is, 100% of them) who call themselves psychics.
 ~DREAMS~
Msg: 1143
Posted: 3/9/2010 7:31:16 PM

Why not just force the people who call themselves psychics to buy $200 worth of lottery tickets for every draw ( the government will provide the cost of the ticket) & when the winning tickets are cashed in, the psychic gets 25 % of the prize money.... and if the tickets don't win, the psychic has to refund the cost of the ticket to the government. That'd help clear up the deficit too; as well as eliminating all the frauds ( that is, 100% of them) who call themselves psychics.

because that would not help... That would be taking money from within this countries finacial system already. Much of the funds i was talking about are spent outside of the US thus technically not helping the US econamy...

But this is WAY off topic as was mine sorry...
 susan_cd
Msg: 1145
Posted: 3/9/2010 9:27:39 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to post the messages that were decoded from some of the crop circles ( Msg 1140)....

( Jeff0084 I'm lookin at you....)
 susan_cd
Msg: 1146
Posted: 3/10/2010 10:45:52 AM
I went back & read the OP and noticed it says " is it plausible to suggest that humans are part of an extra-terrestrial hybrid blood line?" .

That hardly amounts to a "theory", much less a "plausible" one. I could suggest whatever I wanted and it wouldn't be a theory.

Not wanting to read through all the posts since the OP (to see if there is a clearly stated theory for the aliens proposition), can the OP or someone else post this as a theory in more concise terms, rather than as a "let's pretend" question?
 Jiperly
Msg: 1147
Posted: 3/10/2010 3:37:08 PM
Part of me is sad I didnt catch the sudden re-interest in this thread.

Then I read the kind of tripe people are saying....

Have fun with that you guys!
 batdann
Msg: 1150
Posted: 3/12/2010 5:23:06 PM
Very interesting topic, in my beleif evolution was a lil quick.To think we r upgraded is not a bad theory I mean we upgrade computers and look at their amazing evolution, just think what we can do on a biological level ? or what others can do,I could c precious metals as being a valuable resource on galactic level I know their valuable on a global level.
 Necro Vine
Msg: 1152
Posted: 3/15/2010 7:23:58 AM
I buy Zecharia Sitchen's reading of the ancients Sumerian text. I can get behind the Annunaki tales, I think Sitchin and others like William Bramley and ancient astronaut theory, though I believe it's more like a legitimate science.

The book the 12th planet by Sitchin and the Gods of Eden by bramley and the book the Finger Prints of the Gods are invaluable resources.

Jacques Vallee is another great source as is John A. Keel's The Mothman Prophecy's.
 Necro Vine
Msg: 1153
Posted: 3/15/2010 7:44:49 AM
I should have hesitated before responding. This thread is under attack by all the empiricists with their phd's.

How can one speak of science, what is a science, and what makes a science legitimate. It would help to have read a bit of Derrida.

For example Introduction to Husserl's Origin of Geometry, or Limited Inc., or Speech and phenomena, or Of Grammatology, or Dissemination, or even Husserl himself.

Those who oppose Derrida's critques, or others like Deleuze and Foucault will tell you that they oppose because they are pragmatic realists or empiricists, they take after John Dewey, but it is important to remember as Noam Chomsky points out that Dewey and the whole left intellectual establishment were engaged in selling propaganda to the masses for the war to protect the elites best interest.

That sort of science is always going to be in the interest of the elite's without adressing the concerns Derrida and others point out.
 susan_cd
Msg: 1154
Posted: 3/15/2010 10:22:05 AM

It is plausible that humans had an extra terrestrial origin, but so far as theories go it is not a probable theory, and least of all a demonstrative theory.

I'm not sure it would qualify as a theory at all. As a thought experiment ie: "let's imagine/assume humans had an ET origin & go from there" it could be entertaining & an interesting topic of discussion. But with no sort of evidence ( or even a concisely stated theory) it couldn't be anything more than a "let's imagine" discission.
 themadfiddler
Msg: 1156
Posted: 3/15/2010 9:21:18 PM

How can one speak of science, what is a science, and what makes a science legitimate.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that despite the reading list and the sophistry and the pretentious posturing, that if you actually have any inclination to scholarly activity, and I will assume you do, that if you really take Sitchen seriously, then you probably do not have any idea of what makes a science legitimate because one of the first things that does make a science legitimate is not making the facts fit your conclusions, which is the only way Sitchen is able to make his ancient astronaut baloney come out of ancient Sumerian, which he has no credible expertise in...and this has been shown time and again to be the case, but in case people are too lazy to go back a page I will repost the link.

http://michaelsheiser.com/PaleoBabble/zecharia-sitchin-archive/

It would help to have read a bit of Derrida

What makes you think deconstruction is even appropriate or on topic in this discussion? Except that you think you have found a clever tool to attempt to weasel out of requests for data, not even necessarily empirical but even anecdotal experience of a meaningful nature, and requirements that the participants in the discussion proceed under equal application of rules of reason, I can't see that Derrida's methods, as you are attempting to (as far as I can tell) misapply them - which possibly have application in debates of philosophy and conceptual notions but are more or less useless in making a determination in the case of the OP's question.

In this case, you are attempting to use it exactly as Foucault described Derrida..."terroristic obscurantism" but I don't think anybody here is going to be taken in by such intellectual sloppiness. One of the notes at the wiki stub for Derrida also makes the misappropriation of his methods known as a common debating trick amongst punters...

One of the more persistent misunderstandings that has thus far forestalled a productive debate with Derrida's philosophical thought is the assumption, shared by many philosophers as well as literary critics, that within that thought just anything is possible. Derrida's philosophy is more often than not construed as a license for arbitrary free play in flagrant disregard of all established rules of argumentation, traditional requirements of thought, and ethical standards binding upon the interpretative community. Undoubtedly, some of the works of Derrida may not have been entirely innocent in this respect, and may have contributed, however obliquely, to fostering to some extent that very misconception. But deconstruction which for many has come to designate the content and style of Derrida's thinking, reveals to even a superficial examination, a well-ordered procedure, a step-by-step type of argumentation based on an acute awareness of level-distinctions, a marked thoroughness and regularity. [...] Deconstruction must be understood, we contend, as the attempt to "account," in a certain manner, for a heterogeneous variety or manifold of nonlogical contradictions and discursive equalities of all sorts that continues to haunt and fissure even the successful development of philosophical arguments and their systematic exposition.

The OP's question is pretty clear. You cannot determine an answer to it without empirical evidence of some kind, nor can you make claims about the existence of extraterrestrial life without empirical evidence of some kind.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 1160
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2010 2:40:04 PM
To other intelligent lifeforms on Earth, WE are the aliens. Watch "The Cove" and imagine what the dolphins think of us.
 rmd8988
Msg: 1162
Posted: 4/10/2011 5:38:37 AM
I wish these alien creators would get back here and sweep up some of the mess.

Just like interplanetary interlopers: have fun when you're away from home and don't take care of your offspring.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 1163
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2011 5:52:53 AM
I used to find such possibilities as this exciting and involving. Until I realized one day, that it really doesn't MATTER whether we were seeded by Martians who later died off, or were the result of a drunken orgy of space aliens and proto-mammals way back, or created by magic beings, or that we evolved from previously inanimate atoms. The facts are, that we are on our own NOW.
Even if we found a plaque left by dear old great-great (add as many greats as you like) granddad, saying "I really enjoyed our time together, here's ten quarlegishes to help with the baby," we'd STILL have to deal with life and death and poop on this planet ourselves. The garbage isn't going to take ITSELF to the curb, ya know.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 1165
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2011 9:16:05 PM
Actually, the whole thing about the building of the Egyptian pyramids, and of the even more amazing constructions in South America, are part of a long list of FORGOTTEN TECHNOLOGIES. there are plenty of these, and not even the slightest evidence that any of them were due to extra-terrestrials.
One classic example that no one HAS attributed to Alien intervention: the Stradivarius violins. No one has any idea how he managed to make such wonderfully unique instruments, but other than an episode of the 1960's comedy "My Favorite Martian," no one has proposed that Space Aliens had a hand.
Watch out for citing the fact that you "can't imagine" something, as being any kind of proof that it must be due to magic, or space aliens. It's always a dead give away that you have no evidence other than ignorance, and that's been used to sell snake oil to suckers for thousands of years.
 Jiperly
Msg: 1166
Posted: 4/11/2011 2:11:55 PM
Dunno if anyone noticed, but I feel like I should mention; Sitchin died, like, 6 months ago- last October.

No real point to make here- just thought it should be said.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 1168
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2011 3:30:19 PM
While I still feel that some people evolved, others were created, and yet others were intergalactic riff-raff dumped off on this planet to eliminate ballast, aliens as gods is just a plausible a theory as anything . At the least, it is amusing to ponder the great mysteries of ancient races and how they did what they did without our version of technology. Atlantis in Wisconsin was fun to ponder with all that bronze from the North of the US Midwest showing up in the Middle East 5000 years ago or so. From the effigy mounds to the Nasca Lines and pictographs it remains a mystery why so much effort was expended to make such creations that could only be appreciated from high in the air at a time when people had yet to learn to fly.

Then there is the precision cutting of extremely hard rock in Puma Punku.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Ancient-Mysteries-Puma-Punku-in-Tiahuanaco
 Hibernian1960
Msg: 1170
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2011 1:17:30 AM
If aliens had ever come to the Solar System, they would still be hanging around somewhere- if this is the case we might meet them sooner rather than later. Again we are confronted by the enigma- people who firmly deny the existence of God are willing to entertain all manner of fancies about aliens.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >