Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matchlight
Msg: 1172
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?Page 27 of 53    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
If a form of life from someplace else purposely created us, why? And even if these things had some good reason to do that, why haven't they let us know about them? Why wouldn't they want to communicate with us? And if we're too far away for that, why wouldn't they have chosen someplace closer? Doesn't make much sense.

It seems more significant to me that the precursors of life came to earth on objects that struck it. Just as shields protected astronauts from the heat of friction as they came down through the atmosphere, the outer parts of meteorites and comets sometimes preserved organic chemicals included in them. Some of these materials apparently are the ingredients of living things.
 RevenantBlues
Msg: 1174
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 6/13/2011 8:37:10 PM
The human race of the preceding twelve thousand years, as evidenced by depiction in statuary, relievos, and other forms of architectural artwork, has changed little, is poorly adapted to life on Earth--without aid of manufactured matériel, and is wholly conquerable by the world around him without the aid of artificially derived evolutionary prosthetic devices.

Examined in this context alone, the theory of extraterrestrial human origin acquits itself less preposterously. For example, airdrop a naked human being into any terrestrial climate zone; his potential for long-term survival will largely depend on his ability to quickly clothe himself for protection against the elements. Additionally, without the subsequent construction of basic tools, the knowledge of how to make fire (sans a bic), and an at least cursory understanding of the biota, he will quickly perish.

Innate human environmental weakness in contrast to the superior instinctual, evolved strengths of most all other non-domesticated terrestrial species has fascinated me for many years. Evolution, natural selection, speciation--all commingle to equip a given species with better survival capabilities, or initiate the inception of an altogether more complex, newer one. A glimpse at an over twelve thousand-year snapshot of the human race reveals that the same weaknesses of men all those millennia ago, remain today unchanged by evolution as it is applicable to all other known terrestrial species. Science states that (humans) evolved gradually over time brains larger than earlier Hominidae, a basis for the explanation of ascension to mankind's current level of unrivaled intelligence.

One can argue the merits of this specialized form of human evolution--intellect--as it pertains to having provided our race with a tool of survival comparable to a wolf's fur coat or claws and teeth. I for one do not subscribe to such a comparison. Face off an adult timber wolf against a naked man--one also deprived of all tools and weapons--and it is instantly apparent the wolf is the contender to whom evolution has given obvious advantages.

Perhaps a relevant counterargument as well is the process by which man began his existence--in his earliest forms--better suited to a life spent at the mercy of the elements. His hair was thicker, it covered more of his body, heavier bone structure, greater muscle mass, etc. If one uses this basis for an argument against extraterrestrial human origin, he must also subscribe to the notion that man has influenced his own evolutionary development literally by moving from under the stars and using stone tools, to indoor structures constructed with instruments forged from metal alloys. One day an early man must have picked up a shard of flint, struck it against a stone and lo and behold half his body hair fell out. He did not care much, now he had discovered fire--something that warmed him even better than what nature had provided.

Clothing--base a concept as it seems--must be the key. The many geographically specific forms of Hominidae very obviously evolved somewhat to better survive in their native environments; none however was able to do so without the use of clothing as artificial armor, in some form. Why is man not only the sole species on this planet incapable of survival of extreme temperature fluctuations without protection from clothing, but also the lone one to which evolution did not provide some form of natural insulation against the same?

True, many species of animals burrow into the ground, coat themselves in protective slime, inhabit dens, etc. However, even without the protection of such artificial shelter/insulation, they can survive for instance a cold winter night's sleeping on the ground, where a man without clothing or fire cannot. So it seems man is not too well naturally suited to go "come as he was born" in any environment on Earth. His superior intelligence alone has allowed for his adaptation to and survival of ever-fluctuating terrestrial ecology--much of which he has even altered to conditions more suitable for himself alone.

Could we have altered the environment of Earth so drastically that while once we could survive without clothing, doing so now is impossible? Again, in depictions of ancient men clothing is worn to the same degree for the same level of protection against environmental conditions. This notion must be dismissed barring the discovery of greenhouse gases emitted by ancient civilizations--and despite known records of natural climate change.

The origin of man is quite an intriguing topic.

The lost colony theory interests me as well. Aeons ago a race of men virtually identical to modern, terrestrial man, traveled many light years to Earth, perhaps even crash landed, and thus stranded millennia away from their home world, over epochs populated the world as we know it today. Makes sense in a cool but over tread sci-fi plot device sense. Neatly explains how men arrived on the Earth, not, of course from where they originated or how life itself began there.

The distinction is critical I think, between how life arrived on Earth--human life in particular--and how life of any kind, ever, anywhere, began. Evolution, within the atmospheric boundaries of this planet, and as it pertains to inhuman life forms, satisfies much of my own curiosity but leaves important, unanswered questions in my own psyche pertaining to human inception. The application of established terrestrial biological laws to explain life beyond our own world ought to be made scientifically with great care--however terrestrial remains all we know of life anywhere.

Should one believe, because he must don a pair of Levis and snow boots before shoveling the driveway in January, that aliens brought his race to an Earth of the distant past? Have aliens recorded in some protean database a successful result for the ugly, bipedal, largely hairless and flightless aka the ‘human’ experiment? Affirmation would likely please the parents of any species man has ever hybridized.
 twowheelsdown2012
Msg: 1176
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2011 7:58:41 PM
Some here are saying that "we share our DNA with every life form on the planet" as proof that aliens did not create us.

What does that have to do with anything, if ET's simply used DNA manipulation, and tweaked what was already here? Maybe they landed in Africa and used available primates there to create a primate/alien hybrid there. In China they used a different primate to create an alien/primate hybrid. Different primates, different races. All would have DNA linked to earths species, and to a common ancestor.

If blacks are dark because of adaptation to climate, then why aren't people in hot areas of South America black? Why aren't Inuit people hairy? Surely being hairy would help their survival in cold weather? Yet none of us humans are hairy. Why didn't the cold dwelling humans evolve more hair? Whites supposedly didn't darken because of a cold climate, and not exposed to sun. Shouldn't Inuits be white then? None of the races really seem to have their features just because of climate and environment. Maybe alien DNA manipulation is responsible for this loss of hair? Maybe different primates=different races. Maybe we are all just brothers because of our alien DNA commonality?

I think there is evidence of technology in ancient times. Indian texts of aircraft fighting battles. The stones of Stonehenge coming from 100 miles away. Stone slabs in pyramids with a flatness tolerance of 2 thousandths of an inch. Slabs moved in Bolivia weighing 800 tons. Stones moved in Lebanon weighing 1200 tons. Gold ornaments shaped like jet fighters.

I think the tower of Babel was a rocket ship. They built a "tower with a top that reached unto Heaven". They had been on mountains and not reached Heaven, you really think they would try to build a physical structure to reach Heaven that way? No, they were as intelligent as we are. We built Apollo rockets that were "towers" and "reached to the Heavens". I believe they built a rocket, and their alien creators got pissed off about having competition and came down and put a stop to it.
 Enki_Ea
Msg: 1177
Posted: 12/30/2011 5:44:56 PM
The Bible proves that life on earth was Created by "Extra Terrestrials." Identified Flying Objects are all through out Scripture from what Moses and the Israelites followed out of Egypt, which deliberately moved and stopped. Enoch and Elijah were taken from the earth in what is termed "Whirlwinds" and "Chariots." Job called them "Whirlwinds." Ezekiel called them "Wheels." Jesus ascended into a "Cloud," which obviously was not just something that made it rain. Saul of Tarsus saw a "bright light from heaven"(the sky), and heard an identifying voice; this experience even changed His life and His name to become the Apostle Paul.
So yes there is no theory as to the nature of who and what is the God of the Earth. For those that say "No Way," I say "YaHWeH!!"
 MikeWM
Msg: 1178
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2011 8:02:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that the bible itself clearly states that mary and joseph were aliens

Isnt that why they had to go back to jerusalem so that the egyptian version of border control didnt beat on their ass?
 Enki_Ea
Msg: 1179
Posted: 12/30/2011 8:12:07 PM
Ha ha ha!! Mike
Just show your ignorance and your blasphemy.
Why do you not contribute something of edification to the topic rather than talking crap?
 twowheelsdown2012
Msg: 1180
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 3:50:22 PM

Saul of Tarsus saw a "bright light from heaven"(the sky), and heard an identifying voice; this experience even changed His life and His name to become the Apostle Paul.
This reminds me of some of the visions related to Mormonism. They believe God has a physical form on another planet. Sounds like an ET to me. Maybe Joseph Smith was paid some ET visitations as well as Saul?
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1181
Posted: 1/3/2012 4:00:04 PM
I think it is threads like this that really show us the value of psychiatric meds at high doses!!
 Enki_Ea
Msg: 1182
Posted: 1/4/2012 1:50:49 PM
My interpretation of the Book of Mormon is not Mormon Doctrine, but is valid in conjunction with Meso-American history. I understand the parallels between Sumerian Accounts, the Bible, and other religious texts. Such reveals that organized religion, no matter the name, is errant to the true meaning and dynamic of what can be call "Human Religion." Organized religion and secret societies keep people(scientific or religious minded) dumbed down and in a "Spell" or false paradigm of thought and (mis)understanding.
God, an "alien" to those alienated from Him.
 Jiperly
Msg: 1183
Posted: 1/5/2012 11:06:56 AM
>>>What does that have to do with anything, if ET's simply used DNA manipulation, and tweaked what was already here?

Im just questioning the reasoning and rationale behind claiming that life can originate on its own, and various forms of intelligent life can originate on its own, but WE are special. It just seems to be a desperate attempt to enforce a kind of importance that really isn't there- and more importantly, the evidence behind "aliens" tweeking us is laughable at best.

>>> Maybe they landed in Africa and used available primates there to create a primate/alien hybrid there.

EXACTLY- what you're suggesting is life can create itself from nothingness, can evolve, and can reach a point of intelligence on its own- but that we need something else for that extra push.

I think "Why couldn't it happen on its own" isn't an outrageous question

Not to mention, if we're "alien hybrids", wouldn't there be larger difference than 2% genetically?

>>> In China they used a different primate to create an alien/primate hybrid. Different primates, different races

....huh? I....I don't follow....I mean, if we were from a different species of primate, then we would be genetically different from Asians....but we're not....all human life can from the same primate.

>>>If blacks are dark because of adaptation to climate, then why aren't people in hot areas of South America black?

They certainly have some darker skin pigment, but the simplest answer is they haven't had enough time to evolve.

>>> Why aren't Inuit people hairy?

For someone who believes apes evolved naturally, you have alot of doubts about human evolution;

Do you believe humans are capable of evolution?

>>>Yet none of us humans are hairy.

Speak for yourself.

>>> Maybe different primates=different races.

Nonsense. All people are 2% similar to chimps . If what you suggest is true, then Asians would be more similar to another kind of primate- and no such connection has ever been found...

>>>. Indian texts of aircraft fighting battles.

Care to elaborate? I've never heard of that.

>>>The stones of Stonehenge coming from 100 miles away.

I'm not saying that the Stonehenge wouldn't have been difficult to construct- but impossible? Not at all.

>>>I think the tower of Babel was a rocket ship.

There's no evidence that the tower of Babel ever existed. You got awful alotta faith in whats said in the bible.

So, in conclusion, the only physical evidence that humanity came from aliens is your own disbelief of how things like Stonehenge and the Pyramids were constructed....
 Enki_Ea
Msg: 1184
Posted: 1/5/2012 12:12:38 PM
Yes MeatGazer, you sure do reflect that.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 1185
Posted: 1/5/2012 2:03:12 PM
If aliens created humans, who created the aliens?
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1186
Posted: 1/5/2012 2:34:06 PM

If aliens created humans, who created the aliens?

Why...other aliens, of course! And those aliens were created by yet earlier aliens!

Makes complete sense, don'tcha think?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 1187
Posted: 1/5/2012 2:52:12 PM

Why...other aliens, of course! And those aliens were created by yet earlier aliens!

Makes complete sense, don'tcha think?

Gwen hits forehead with palm and says, "Oh, duh!"
 BnB3
Msg: 1188
Posted: 1/5/2012 3:50:44 PM
look to ancient Egypt, and the sudden explosion of their civilization/technology from essentially nothing. SHEMSU-HOR <3

I, the son ov man, the offspring ov the stellar race!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 1189
Posted: 1/5/2012 8:21:30 PM
But there WAS NOT a "sudden explosion" of their civilization and technology. With the advent of the Neolithic revolution circa 10,000 BCE, humans advanced steadily. The cities of Catalhoyuk and Jericho are examples of this advancement. It isn't as if humans were dragging their knuckles on the ground and the next day had invented writing.

Modern civilization has had similar spurts--first, the Industrial Revolution and in the last 20 years, computers, cell phone, etc. that, when I was a child in the 1960s, were the stuff of science fiction and fantasy.

I recommend that people read more, especially "stuff" more grounded in reality. Here's a suggestion-- The Lost Civilizations of the Stone Age by Richard Rudgley.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 1190
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:30:58 PM
It's funny Gwen you mentioned that because 10,000 BC seems to be right around the time the last ice age ended in which many believe was one of the main causes that helped human civilization get started. When the ice age ended It not only brought a lot of human expansion onto areas like North America and Europe, but also brought in a lot of changes agriculturally in which many feel that agriculture is one of the key components to the birth of civilization itself. With new fertile grounds that were once covered by ice sheets or blocked from human expansion for thousands of thousands of years during the ice age now expsoed, humans were able to settle in these new areas and grow alots of food on.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 1191
Posted: 1/6/2012 6:15:09 AM

It's funny Gwen you mentioned that because 10,000 BC seems to be right around the time the last ice age ended

Nope, it's not funny because the end of the last ice age was very likely the catalyst for the Neolithic revolution. :)
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 1192
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2012 3:31:01 PM

Nope, it's not funny because the end of the last ice age was very likely the catalyst for the Neolithic revolution. :)

Funny meaning ironic.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 1193
Posted: 1/6/2012 8:39:24 PM

Funny meaning ironic.

But it isn't ironic, either.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 1194
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2012 12:28:50 AM
It's ironic as in what you said correlated to what I was thinking around that time peroid in regards to my post considering you and I don't agree things, but this we seem to agree on.

Nihilius
Msg: 1195
Posted: 1/7/2012 11:35:42 PM
"To Serve Man" . . . it's a cookbook!!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 1196
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2012 5:38:21 AM
Personally, I think that the evolution of human civilisation, as apart from the evolution of humans as creatures, happened in a much more subtle and complicated way than can be attributed to simply "more arable land."

One of the things I noticed when I study WHERE civilisations sprung up, is that they did so in some of the LESS arable regions. What I mean is, that though we historically refer to the Mesopotamia area as "the fertile crescent," a more accurate way to refer to it in comparison to many other regions, is that it was a uniquely CONCENTRATED fertile area, with lots of fairly uninhabitable regions surrounding it.

People didn't turn from hunter-gathering there JUST because the ground was fertile, they did so because once they arrived there, it was easier to try to coordinate with other tribes, than it was to move out to another area when the population began to expand.

There is also a common, I think erroneous, or misleading belief, that humans have become much more INTELLIGENT over the last 20,000 years. That civilisation is directly linked to these more intelligent humans coming up with better solutions because they are so damn smart. What is much more likely, is that technological progress, including how to farm instead of simply gathering, is more a result of the chance CONCENTRATION of humans, along with the evolution of the ability to communicate complex ideas. We know that humans were making very sophisticated and subtle art, long before civilisation sprang up. We aren't sure how long before, because we only have access to the stuff that was created on cave walls, and so survived the ravages of nature.

Once a combination of relatively stable climate, concentrated (due to the limitation of the surrounding deserts) human presence, and the ability to pass learning on from human to human quickly all came together, then things took off.

As for the mistaken idea that "civilisations came and went without any explanation, hence space aliens or Gods must have done it all," that sort of thinking completely ignores the limits of our modern ability to SEE INTO the past. Anyone who wants a better, more realistic understanding of this, needs to investigate Historiography. That is the study of the evolution of History itself (History being the Story we tell ourselves about the past, as opposed to the past itself). We are learning more about the past every day. We only recently began to figure out, for example, that what we call the Minoan civilisation was brought down by the explosion of their central, island Capitol. Until that was recognized, Minoans were among the "civilisations which vanished for unknown reasons."
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 1198
Posted: 1/8/2012 8:23:22 AM

People didn't turn from hunter-gathering there JUST because the ground was fertile, they did so because once they arrived there, it was easier to try to coordinate with other tribes, than it was to move out to another area when the population began to expand.

I would like to read about this theory--can you direct me to a book? Most of what I have read claims that sedentary, agrarian lifestyles called for populations to be able to defend what they had accumulated--this would be in the Upper Neolithic, though, and not the establishment of larger civilizations that propagated on the Nile delta and the fertile crescent.

I also was recently reading a claim that people were not necessarily better fed or healthier by congregating in settlements and towns, but I have been reading so much that I can't quickly remember which book it was.

I have a fascination with the Paleolithic/Neolithic; for me, it is an interest because that is most likely when god beliefs and archetypal myth/images began to be established. I have a very strong feeling that people who buy into the alien theory do not have a firm grasp on human development in these periods.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 1199
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2012 10:19:26 AM
Shamanism/animism would probably have been most common during the paleolithic/neolithic... with the egocentricity of man anthropomorphism would have started early though...thus the beginnings of archetypes, or the superimposition of human psychology on natural forces. Settlements would have made it easier for a 'priest/ess' class to evolve... controlling the populace 'morally' as it began to grow would necessarily have to change from internal and/or tribal taboos to an external source, hence 'gods' as we think of them today, not a part of nature, or intrinsic, but outside it.

my theory:

animism (with nature, finding our place)
shamanism (nature with an interpreter and sometimes intercessory)
shamanistic pantheism (multiple natural forces interpreted - archetypal beginnings)
priestly pantheism (intercession of archetypes based on nature and human psychology by interpreter)
[these two above seem to jump back and forth through history]
(true) monotheism (expression of human power structures through archetypes by an interpreter or system of interpretation, mother or father archetypes heavy - sacrificed 'god' a main theme in most)

Some of our 'monotheistic' constructs are actually pantheistic. (triune god, etc...)

Aliens.
From what I understand the time frame suggested is in the order of 400,000 years ago to 2.5 million years ago. Aliens.. possible? Yes. Plausible? I don't know. The panspermia idea is interesting. I think that IF aliens have been involved with earth, it is probably more cultural influence than genetic tampering. But I don't know enough about our evolutionary knowledge to answer in an educated way to the biology component.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >