Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 1200
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?Page 28 of 53    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
It's my own idea. I studied History my whole life, and after a great deal of thought, I asked some questions I hadn't seen asked elsewhere:

1. If we came out of Africa, which has lots of arable land, why did our modern civilisations all seem to get launched from isolated areas REMOTE from Africa?

2. What do those locations have in common, and how were they different from other areas, that might suggest why they had the success they did?

3. Do existing theories of how we came to be who we are, match with what we can easily see human nature consists of?

4. Why do teenagers all rebel so against parents?

From those questions, I saw that what the accepted initiation points of civilisation all consisted of rich resources which were concentrated in a relatively small space, and surrounded by relative wastelands.

I reasoned that teenagers rebel, because it is an evolutionary advantage for survival that a species spread out away from isolated areas, so that a small environmental disaster wont wipe them out. Therefore the members of our forbears who had biologically-driven grumpy children, spread out and survived as a species, while those whose children remained close to home got wiped out (often by using up the resources).

I saw that humans take the shortest route from where they are to where they want to be. Thus, since developing civilisation isn't easy, we wouldn't have done it if it was easier to migrate on to the next patch of arable ground. We did it because when those teens moved away from mom and dad, they only got a little ways off, before they turned back and decided it was easier to put up with Dad and Mom than to cross the desert. It was easier to organize how to get along with each other, than to kill each other off, especially after our technology (farming) made us more dependent upon having extra laborers.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 1201
view profile
History
Humans created by Aliens: Plausible theory?
Posted: 1/8/2012 10:47:39 AM
Cool

Most animals drive away their progeny once they reach a certain point in development. Humans not so much... and I think it's because of the extremely long childhoods humans need for development that the drive to protect our offspring is so strong (oxycotin)... that the only way to counteract it is for the offspring themselves to have an equally strong drive to separate.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 1203
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2012 1:31:33 PM
Again, the links aren't missing, we just haven't located them yet. Further, with things like the concentrated settlements of the middle east, when a location is continuously occupied, the decedents of the first folks tend to recycle (and thereby destroy most evidence) of their forefathers' technologies.

Thing like Stone Henge HAVE been verified to have first been built of wood. Going from wood to stone is not a huge leap.

Further, the idea that there was a Great Leap, again requires the assumption that the prior group of humans were much less intelligent than the ones who "suddenly" built in stone.

In addition, we are only now beginning to realize that SOME of the evidence of prior civilisations you seek, are at the bottom of the Black Sea, and at the bottom of the Persian Gulf. There was a relatively sudden rise in sea level that took place at about the right time for an apparently much advanced peoples to "suddenly " appear amongst less advanced ones, as the seas flooded their homelands. This explains both the plethora of Great Flood myths, as well as big and rapid changes in apparent technology in what were previously the rural hinterlands.
 Aries_328
Msg: 1205
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 9:43:11 AM
I don't think it is a very good idea to wrap up your belief systems into things that are at best improbable.

The only 'theory' I found doing a simple search for Man hanging out with Dinosaurs was about footprints through a riverbed. Some of them appeared to be possibly 'Giant human' like.
http://www.unmuseum.org/palx.htm

Most likely they were dinosaur prints and for some reason there are no pictures, no mention of the size of these "giants" and the whole thing is incredibly lacking in substance.

As for the mistaking the technology of the aliens as divine power. Makes total sense if you find one of the Alien ships, maybe some of that lightning technology, or even some form of physical proof that aliens are hanging out at Starbucks now.

Most of the exercises in interpreting everything ancient as having some form of link to impossible technology and alien intervention are pretty much straight up imagination and projection.

I think it makes much more sense that Aliens planted us here eons ago because it was a habitable planet. But making sense is only my imagination. There is nothing to base a belief system on. Even with organized religions. Most of the time it seems that deeply religious people had their brains hijacked by brain sucking worms and have lost their own identities.

It makes much more sense to keep your upfront conscience based in what is provable and knowable. That way you’re a bit more flexible in accepting that Man is really a few million years old and that dinosaurs were most likely hanging out around 65 million years ago without having a full identity crisis of faith. I tend to associate the end of the Ice age as the real start of modern man. That's somewher around 800k years old I beleive. It's ok to keep the more intangible beliefs a bit closer to the heart and look for those potential signs that there may be more validity to those beliefs somewhere but also be prepared that just because you believe in something that alone has no possibility of making it true.

Just think about it.
 johnb1949
Msg: 1207
Posted: 1/16/2012 3:40:08 PM
this does not come close to a scientific theory. a good theory is supported by evidence which can be subjected to the strick scrutiny of the scientific method and tested to produce repeatable and predictable results. i know of no such evidence that can be tested. assumption does not a theory make.
 johnb1949
Msg: 1209
Posted: 1/16/2012 4:38:27 PM

It's not that there's no scientific evidence of this stuff, it's that there is no SOCIALLY ACCEPTED SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE.

nor is there SCIENTIFICALLY ACCEPTED SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE.
 johnb1949
Msg: 1210
Posted: 1/16/2012 4:39:50 PM
perhaps you can produce the paper from einsteing to truman.
 Aries_328
Msg: 1213
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 6:13:11 PM
Sorry but the Einstein communication about UFO's was a basic logic exercise and is not evidence of the reality of UFO's.

Basically, look at the year it was done. There was a policy to shoot anything down over DC. Because there were unknown objects sighted and it was a time of war.

http://bragalia.blogspot.com/2011/09/einsteins-flying-saucer-secrets-these.html

All that says is Einstein was pretty cool. He was thinking about space and the possibility of life that we may not know about and maybe shooting it first wasn't the best plan. No evidence at all of validity of aliens. No different than Stephen Hawking saying that if we happen to meet them it will be a very bad day due to their technical superiority.

The plausibility of aliens is high. The evidence is virtually nonexistent.

The distance between us and the next star is Proxima Centauri. It is 4.2 light years away. That is over 4 years traveling at the speed of light. The first known system with planets is Gliese 876 and is over 15 light years away. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_876

A light year to the brain is about like saying 1 billion dollars. We really do not perceive it properly.

Fun little exercise. How long would it take our crazy fast spacecraft to travel one light year
http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=4742

Light travels 9,454,254,955,488 Km per year.
Spacecraft travels at around 50,000 Km per hour 438,000,000 Km per year
Just over 21,585 years to cover the distance

So, 21k x 15 = 315000 years to reach the nearest known system with planets.

Yes, you can stretch the imagination and bend space, use wormholes, and all that stuff we have heard in sci-fi over the years. But that just keeps the probability that we are / were routinely visited significantly low. Keep in mind. It is nearly scientifically impossible to say something is impossible. Just that simple fact that almost all unknown things can never be ruled out 100% leaves the door open for wild speculation, theories, and quite vivid imaginations. One I am quite fond of having myself.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1214
Posted: 1/16/2012 6:21:00 PM
I'm reading some of these post and weep for our species!!
 abelian
Msg: 1217
Posted: 1/17/2012 6:53:56 AM

To the comment on THERE IS NO SCIENTIFICALLY ACCEPTED SCIENTIFIC evidence. There is... it all depends on which group of scientists you're getting your information from. If a scientist, of any discipline, knows that he or she may get black balled for agreed or supporting such claims, and their social status and reputation would take a hit amongst his money makers, and if that social status and reputation is more important to him/her, then why would he/she admit or support it?

That's crap. Scientists who find credible evidence of something remarkable receive Nobel prizes and become a hot commodity.

But there are plenty of respectable, level headed scientists out there that accept this as scientific fact, whether supported by mainstream or not.

No, there aren't. If there was a single scientist (or even non-scientist) who found credible evidence, the scientific community would be climbing over each other to find the next piece of the puzzle. Unfortunately doing science is hard work and there are always crackpots who want to make incredible claims and then blame their lack of acceptance on some konspiracy rather than do the hard work.
 Aries_328
Msg: 1219
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 9:16:54 AM
Well, instead of playing secret spy agent with cryptic "I'm not going to post my knowledge" and then coming up with a list of people that may have refrenced some form of utternence of 'UFO' or "aliens". What is the evidence.

It seems like your mostly in this realm
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicmaj.html

Once developed, the film contained negatives of what appeared to be an eight page briefing paper, prepared on 18th November, 1952, for president-elect Dwight D. Eisenhower. A warning on the first page read, 'This is a TOP SECRET - EYES ONLY document containing compartmentalized information essential to the national security of the United States'. On page two was a list of 12 influential US scientists, military leaders and intelligence advisors. It was not until viewing page three that the subject of the papers became clear, 'the recovery of a crashed flying saucer and alien bodies near Roswell, New Mexico, in July 1947'.

btw.... "quote" and "/quote" both words inside of "[" "]"
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1220
Posted: 1/17/2012 9:28:00 AM

Anyways, here is a SMALL list of the scientists that support the theory, in full, and also believe that there is a massive cover up

Is that anything like the lists of scientists who support creationism/intelligent design? Because that was a wonderful collection of crap.

In addition, you're not helping yourself by using Richard Hoagland once, never mind twice. He pretty much sees everything anomalous as "evidence" of aliens. He's built himself quite a nice, profitable career on gull...um...believers buying his books.

Thirdly, you realize what you're doing is the old "argument from authority" gambit. "Hey, Scientist A believes in..." That's another little tactic of the creationists. The best response to this approach is "So?"

Hey, I've been pretty aware of the "research" for a long time too - longer than 10 years. As far as I can tell, the best "evidence" has been "It's alien because I say it's alien."
 Aries_328
Msg: 1223
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 8:47:58 PM

It's not that I'm playing secret spy agent. lol. I would gladly post anything you want proving this

Sigh... This is the problem. I have no clue what you are even trying to possibly prove. I assume it is that Aliens created humans. You say you have, "anything I want" to prove it and all I can possibly ask for is 'real evidence'.

So, we go through 1000's of documents of people having conversations where they agree it could be possible. We have another much smaller set of documents that could potentially be considered faked and no possible way to validate. Then we have mountains of circumstantial evidence where if you look at it with the eye towards this possibility it could be that it really means xxx.

Is what you have that conclusive without a 10hr background and not already published on the internet?

Is it thousands of puzzle pieces and only after years of research you might possibly have a similar conclusion :)

There is a reason why all bigfoot photos are blurry.

There would be a ton of scientists ready in a heartbeat to validate evidence. I hope it exists.
 dduck1628
Msg: 1224
Posted: 1/22/2012 5:24:51 PM
All any of us know is what he have been told. Accept it blindly or seek the truth. Most will, by nature, believe what they want for a wide variety of arbitrary reasons. It is how our minds are wired so put on your Shape Ups, go green, hate the enemy, and most importantly drink the cool-aid. Ignorance is bliss.

Aries_328
Msg: 1225
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 7:52:11 PM

All any of us know is what he have been told. Accept it blindly or seek the truth. Most will, by nature, believe what they want for a wide variety of arbitrary reasons. It is how our minds are wired so put on your Shape Ups, go green, hate the enemy, and most importantly drink the cool-aid. Ignorance is bliss.

Ok, I get it. You’re much more in tune and on a higher level of intelligence then us and we are just not capable of perceiving the truths that are directly in front of us because we are clouded by American Idol and episodes of family guy. I don't suppose it would be possible for you to explain what none of us are capable of perceiving? Or are we just below the minimum requirements for perception of truth.
 dduck1628
Msg: 1226
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:51:36 PM
You don't get it. I never mentioned capability nor did I say "no one was capable of perceiving". What you read is not what is written. I simply implied that most will, by nature, blindly accept without proof just like it is in you nature to modify the context of what is written to justify your attack.
 Aries_328
Msg: 1227
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2012 8:29:32 PM
You don't get it. I never mentioned capability nor did I say "no one was capable of perceiving".

Than what are you trying to say? No reason to be obtuse. Just say it. You hint that most will blindly accept without proof... What was blindly accepted? You can call it an attack if you want. All your presenting is a blurry photo. {the blurry photo reference was metaphorical}
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1229
Posted: 2/29/2012 8:32:33 AM

I think the very first intelligent beings in the universe created artificial life and stuck it in to the physical bodies of the universe where it has multiplied and exists today in the stars and planets.

I could say I think it was magic unicorns. But so what. Without something called evidence, weelllll....
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1231
Posted: 2/29/2012 10:29:14 AM

What is the likelyhood that we alone are the only intelligent life to have ever in all the universe to have existed.

But that's not the same question at all.

It's certainly reasonable to suppose that, based on our knowledge of chemistry and physics and the predominance of possible abodes for life, that there will be life out there.

However, it is unreasonable to assume, based on what we might think about the prevalence of life in the universe, that it somehow comes to us or that it had anything to do with our evolution. For that, you need evidence. Otherwise, it's just conjecture and wishful thinking.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1233
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:08:58 PM

your just making stuff up.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...POP!

There goes my irony meter!
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1235
Posted: 3/1/2012 7:16:15 AM
McCullough, just because you come up with an idea and it sounds really cool, doesn't make it true. Which is what you seem to expect us to accept. All you've done is the same thing that thousands of sci-fi authors have been doing since Mary Shelley. However, your idea really isn't even all that original.

so all the odds build up in the direction of what i say. there really are no alternatives.

Actually, there are many alternatives. The fact that you are saying yours is the only alternative just shows you have a big ego. Trouble is, you don't have any facts to support your speculation.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1237
Posted: 3/1/2012 7:37:51 AM

Name several because you said there are many.

Any reasonable person knows that one can come up with many alternatives for explaining life.

Abiogenesis: the development of life through chemistry.
Supernatural genesis: the creation of life through supernatural means.
Technological genesis: the generation of life through artificial means.
Spontaneous genesis: the sudden and uncaused appearance of biological life

Now...do you see the problems here? Again....evidence! What do we have the evidence for?

Spontaneous genesis obviously fails because..well..within our universe, we have effect proceeds from cause. Nothing has ever been seen to suddenly and spontaneously occur without some precursor.

Technological genesis: It seems to be your preferred method. However, problems are a) you have no evidence for the technology that supposedly generated life on this planet and b) okay then...where did the technology develop? How did the developers of the technology come to be? Were they created by aliens too? What about those aliens?

Supernatural genesis: Ah, yes...Godidit! And yet...still no evidence for god(s). It's as dicey as your aliens.

Which leaves...abiogenesis. The development of biology from natural processes, specifically chemistry. It at least has the advantage of stemming from understandable and demonstrable processes. So, it is the default winner.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 1239
Posted: 3/1/2012 8:07:42 AM
Who's playing bait and switch? Let me remind you of your earlier post.

Msg: 1231

I think the very first intelligent beings in the universe created artificial life and stuck it in to the physical bodies of the universe where it has multiplied and exists today in the stars and planets. Together with the aliens they increase the odds for life in various locations and designs the physical structure of the universe in a manner to their liking. They are responsible for life arising on this World and directed the rise of the MammAls by sending the meteorite which ended the Dinosaurs and contained the iridium that lead to the mutations that lead to us. We were intended. Just not by God, by the aliens and artificial intelligences. We're their Entertainment.

Which I addressed.

Don't whine just because you get caught out in your own suppositions.
 Aries_328
Msg: 1240
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2012 9:03:21 AM

Together with the aliens they increase the odds for life in various locations and designs the physical structure of the universe in a manner to their liking.

I am curious about what you mean by that. So there were intelligent beings separate from the aliens?

And Stargazer would be correct. It isn't bait and switch. You’re trying to get him to assume the position of an intelligent being that existed before aliens yet has no concept of preexistence. Your intelligent being is another definition of God. Which he did address in his list.
 Aries_328
Msg: 1242
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2012 1:09:53 PM

Then let me be very clear i believe these first beings evolved by random chance

But they can't evolve from random chance. It requires a highly specific set of circumstances and nearly improbable opportunity. Definitely not random chance.

We have computers that emulate artificial intelligence. That neither proves nor disproves the existence of artificial intelligence in another galaxy. We also have Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons. The probability of that existing in another galaxy is not incredibly high.

If you guess, you can say that, “Yes... a sufficiently evolved life form would likely create technology and in the creation of that technology would eventually create an artificial intelligence.” That isn't proof.

Many scientists conceded the probability of life out there. They even look for it. That doesn't prove its existence.

So, maybe you will be right. But until then you are literally just making it up. But we all do that to some extent. Doesn't make you ignorant.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >