Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > Plenty of Fish New Years Celebration, Dec 31, 2008, Legion Club, Litt      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 numlet
Msg: 3
Plenty of Fish New Years Celebration, Dec 31, 2008, Legion Club, Little Rock ArPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Hi Ark. Gem and Broberds: We appreciated people like all you early signees. It is good to know that there are some more people like us, ready to party at any time, just name the date and count me in. Thanks Guys. We have all the Christmas Parties coming up and a few days to rest and then get ready for New Years. Itn't this a wonderful time of year, a season filled with Cheer, and Love, visiting with Family and Friends especially Plenty of Fish Friends with a double helping of Good Will to All. Thanksgiving is over and now Christmas and then NEW YEARS CELEBRATION. We just want to wish ALL of you some real HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
YOUR HOSTS.
 numlet
Msg: 4
Plenty of Fish New Years Celebration, Dec 31, 2008, Legion Club, Little Rock Ar
Posted: 12/1/2008 5:46:52 PM
Hey Gang: New Years is still awhile out but it is great to see all you that have already made your intentions known that your are ready to bring the New Years in with a Great Party with folks that are great to be around. You Plenty of Fish members are the very best. This is going to be a grand time with party favors, champagne, dancing and of course a celebration at midnight with that special lady or gentleman. After all that a big serve yourself breakfast and all included in the cover charge. What a deal and what a party. Encourage your friends to gather for this Event at the Legion, Where good friends and good times meet. Thanks Your Hosts
 numlet
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/16/2008 6:40:39 PM
Hey Plenty of Fish Members. We now have 2 weeks to go until New Years Celebration at the Legion. Along with the activities listed in the party profile header page we are planning some other activities and special things to make the party even more exciting.
I'm not going to share the panning with you at this time as we want to be sure just which ones we will use on party night. We are planning a supprise or two, also. This is going to be fun and you need to sign up and let us know you are planning on attending as soon as you can. We plan on packing the place this time. Don't sit home and watch the ball fall on tv because you will certainly miss a great event even if we just do what we have told you. I assure you there will be lots more than that to make this Party a festive event. Kick 2008 out and Usher 2009 in with a Bang,with good friends at the Legion on Dec 31. See You There ~~~~~ Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/20/2008 11:06:41 AM
Hey Dark Child and Sweetcheeks welcome to the New Year Celebration. This is going to be a fun Party and with poeple like you signed up it will be even better. We are glad to have both of you and Have Yourself a Very Merry Christmas and we will be looking for you at the Legion on the 31st to usher in the New Year. If I can help you in any way let me know. Chuck
 Queen of TUT
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/21/2008 6:12:11 PM
My first POF party, too. Looking forward to it?

Is this a dress up affair? That would be really cool!
 numlet
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/21/2008 7:33:23 PM
Hi Queen of TUT: A lot of the ladies wear party dresses and are looking good. Go to the blue writing near the top of your inbox page and click one the Local events etc. a window will open and look down till you find the pictures of the Christmas party at the Legion on the 13 th. You will see how many people dress. Thank you for signing up for the party and it is going to be special I promise. email me if you will, I have more I can email you if you will. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you. Your Host Chuck.
 numlet
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/22/2008 9:30:11 PM
Hey Guy, You just made my day. Yes I need your help and will be most appreciative.
Lynn, I know for sure that Father Time, aka The Grim Reaper will be there and I hope maybe Baby New Year will also. This is going to be another blow out special event and I am glad you can attend.
This time we are going to get some real good pictures to put on the net, as we will not have a prfessional photographer. We will start working on this party with a lot of gusto, as soon as Christmas is over. Thanks for the offer Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/26/2008 6:14:03 PM
Hey ftrr16, We are glad you decided to attend the Party at the Legion on the 31st. We have a great party planned and know you will enjoy it. If we can assist you in any way like information or anything just let us know. Hosts

Hey Ladies have you checked the sign up list. We now have 16 men and only 10 ladies. In the past you have asked me to supply more men and now it is your turn to post that you are coming so we can keep the men signing up. This is your wish come true. Let us hear from you by signing up and attending. Let's fill the Legion to capacity on the 31st and make this one New Years Party we will never forget.

Remember we have Party Favors, Champaigne, Black Eyed Peas and Cornbread, and a Serve Your Self Brakfast at around 1:00 am on Jan 1, 2009 to start the New Year off Right and all for a cover charge of only $20.00. We also have one of the Best if not the Very Best Dance Band in the Country Starting at 8:00.
 numlet
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/26/2008 7:50:48 PM
Hi Jd and Ms Maddie: good to see the old hands showing up, wouldn't be the same without you. You already know you are welcome. Jd we need more ladies. That is an unusual request but the men out number the ladies pretty seriously right now, I like you guy , but I am not dancing with you, no way, so both of us need to round up some more ladies. THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN.

REMEMBER, The Comfort Inn is offering us special rated and they also will have a Delux Buffet Breakfast until 10:00 am and it is Free to You and Your Guests if you have a room there. I am staying there. It is only 3 blocks and across Interstate 3o from the Legion Club and I am going to ask Jenny if she will run the Shuttle around 2:00 am to pick up anyone that needs a ride there.
 numlet
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/27/2008 6:14:39 PM
Hey Jd, you know how this works, every time I let you lead I start off on the wrong foot and we have been laughed at enough for falling down. Just get over it. lol Maybe Theresa will come and teach me to dance better.

Hi Tom Cat: Don't give the fact that you are new to a Plenty of Fish party a second thought. These people are the nicest, most friendly people you will meet. Look at what Bill said in his post. Just come to have fun and you will. We are user friendly.
We also have some other newbees coming and always do at all parties. Make yourself available and these ladies will dance your feet off, for sure. Thanks Bill for helping out We need all the help we can muster up.

Hi all you new people, Glad to have you aboard this is going to be a bang up party with loads of fun and friendship for everyone. I am going to have a hard time waiting for Wednesday Night, just like I did for Christmas time and Santa Clause. He brought me another lump of coal, said I had been naughty. I am not going to give up my Year Round Naughty for one lousy present though. LOL Let's all get ready to Party on Wednesday Night.
 numlet
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/28/2008 8:05:49 AM
WE HAVE 19 MEN AND 13 LADIES: Where are all the ladies that are always complaining about not having enough men to dance with. Better get your name in before someone else beats you to the punch. Sign up now ladies this will be one of the best, If not the very best, party in town, with party favors, black eyed peas and cornbread, champaigne and a serve yourself breakfast also a Great Dance Band starting at 8:00pm till ?????, all included in the cover charge, and in a nice clean, non somking club that likes to cater to Plenty Of Fish Members. Let's Party New Years Night
 Happy-lil-Lady
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/28/2008 8:50:38 AM
Hello, Gang:

I look forward to seeing all of you at the party. I'm sure it will be as much fun as always.

I do, however, need to know what time the Legion is serving the peas and cornbread.

I've got to plan my trip and don't want to miss the food.

See all you great folks later -- Mary
 LRdancer
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 10:14:39 AM
Don't worry about being alone, we will all dance together, party and have fun, that is what POF is all about. LRDancer
 numlet
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/28/2008 1:03:23 PM
Hey Mary: I now have the scoop on how the food will be served. The Champaighne will be served at midnight so we can toast each other and get some sugar if I am lucky, wish we could have the BI peas before midnight, I just haven't had much luck lately. lol Then around oneish the black eyed peas and cornbread will be served along with the Serve Yourself breakfast. Hope this helps.

Our group is growing and this is going to be a great party but we still need ladies.
Thanks for coming Nancy, will be glad to see you there.

Any of you that might need a reservation at the Comfort Inn needs to get that made, The manager said they almost always book solid on New Years Night.

We are getting close, Come on Wednesday.
 numlet
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/28/2008 4:47:25 PM
Glad to see you sign up Theresa, Hope you can make it. Won't be the same witout you.

Bible Reader, You can have some black eyed peas and cornbread first and then go back and have a hearty breakfast. If you leave hungry it will be your own fault.
When I was a kid back in the 40s we had black eyed peas at every meal, sometimes they were the only thing we had. Once when I was older a bad storm was approaching and maybe a tornado. I said Mom, let's go to the pea patch. She said, What in the world do you want to go to the pea patch in this storm for. I said. It saved us when I was a lad and maybe it will save us now. corny, no mearly foolish
Let's Get ready to party and eat some black eyed peas.
 numlet
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/28/2008 7:36:41 PM
Hi Bible Reader; You don't have to be sorry about anyting, I did not take it that way. Peas and Cornbread are kinda silly, as my joke was, but we are having them at the party and we should all be very lucky in 2009.

Hey Plenty of Fish Members, You folks that have signed up are a good looking crew. We still need some more ladies though. The numbers are closer but still staggered in favor of the men. This is going to be a great party.
 numlet
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/30/2008 8:39:08 AM
Hey Bill: Thanks for your input and thanks for wanting to be a co host. We have four guys hosting. That may be some kind of record. This is Tuesday, only one more day to0 go, and Party time YooHoo ----- Aaah Son, Am I Ever Ready and I am not talking about a flashlight. Hey Girls, Look at that 4 guys to host you, and good looking also.

Hey Jd; You are right guy and we have just had another good looking guy from Russellville sign up. We definately need more wome. Do you think they are just holding out to see what we might offer them? Well just as last time, each woman that signs up will be called on the dance floor to receive a beutiful rose for thier very own from our good looking hosts. Come on Ladies sign up, I know you are playing hard to get but it is now time to Fish or Cut Bait. Jd always wants to waltz and I am just not good at that. You just can't believe what an awful sight it is when we dance and you wouldn't want to see that. Happpppy New Yeeeear from the 4 Guys

Welcom Jcalvin: This will be a great party and we are glad to have you. If you have any questions please contact one of the 4 guys and we will gladly help you. You can do that by email or on the thread after the pictures.
 numlet
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/30/2008 5:35:46 PM
Hey POF People: I talked to Jan at the Legion and all the decorations are in place and everyting is ready for us to Party. She said they have 107 confirmed reservations a this time. If you want to be at a Bang Up Genuine New Years Party with the most friendly, congenial people in town, This is Your Party. The Venue is in a safe location with a large parking area with security on site, easy access to I-30 and Non Smoking. The Legion will seat up to 240 people and has one of the best Dance Bands in the Country. Plenty of Fish will have a table with baloons. If you are a POF member and want a name tag, come to that table and introduce youself and get your Name tag.
We want you there: Your Hosts The 4 Guys and Tex by Birth

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 numlet
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/31/2008 7:19:52 AM
Thanks Jerry: We will be offering any Plenty of Fish Member, that wants one, a Name Tag at the table where we are sitting. I will be a little late so If you get there around six you will find the Name Tag Box on our table. Go ahead and do what you suggested. There will probably be no need to sign people up at the door this time as most are alread regestered. Thanks of Helping. To all the ones that have helped and supported the Plenty of Fish events in the Past and Present, I say a heart felt Thank You and Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year,. Thanks Chuck
See You Tonight and Be Safe: Lets Party I am leaving now and don't think I will be on the computer any more today so please direct any questions to the other hosts.
 relic58
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/31/2008 11:46:56 AM
I'm trying to get my recently divorced brother to go because I saw a table full of unattended to women at the back corner table at POF's Valentine's Day gathering at the Legion.
Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > Plenty of Fish New Years Celebration, Dec 31, 2008, Legion Club, Little Rock Ar