Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blutx69
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Meaningful vs Meaningless sexPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
To me there is no meaningless sex unless one of the two people dont enjoy it. You dont have to love someone to have sex but when you love them you are makeing love.

to me you can love someone and never have sex but you can have sex and never love them. Sex is just lust T o hold and make out for hours and rub and play and make the lady get off many times and not have intercores is love
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 67
Meaningful vs Meaningless sex
Posted: 11/6/2010 7:09:48 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^agreed
Whatever meaning YOU put in it. It has meaning .

Meaningless=You didn't mean to, but did. oops
 gentleplus
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2010 7:10:08 AM
It is interesting that many hookers report that their Johns try to have a dialogue with the hooker about their life and who they are as a person.and etc.. before the paid act is performed.... This is the head of the class in the definition of meaningless sex and many men still try to establish a connection even if it is a total lie and both know it.... This is not personal experience... but what has been shown on various documentaries and other shows I have seen...
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/6/2010 9:34:46 AM
I have an ex whom I remain friendly with. She wanted to do the FWB thing and I refused. When she asked me why not, I simply told her I wasn't going to take a step backwards. If we had never been anything more than friends then I would have gone for it.
So I guess my answer would be that intimacy makes the difference.
 arwen52
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2010 2:46:14 PM
Sex is never meaningless. We are always changed by it.
 MsMicki
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2010 3:42:19 PM
Meaningful.........we both enjoyed it!
Meaningless......someone went home frustrated!
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/6/2010 4:41:36 PM
^^^^^^^^^^Good one Ms Micki

Honestly do we have to have this discussion?

really? do we? this has been done to death in these forums........

TO ME
Meaningless is one night stands BECAUSE neither party is committed to one another and don't care to be committed to one another or have anything special............NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT.............

Meaningful is when two people have something special together. They have a special intimacy. They complete each other.
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/6/2010 5:02:10 PM
What makes sex "Meaningful" to you?

Loving the person.

And what would make sex "Meaningless" to you?

Not loving the person.

This is only what this means to me.What others feel might different.I dont think anyone should have the same feelings as me and I dont think anyone is bad or wrong for not thinking like me.

this has been done to death in these forums........

So has everything.Try and find a topic that has not been beaten to death.
 1eastshore
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/6/2010 5:54:57 PM
Meaningful sex for me is when both people were satisfied. Whether we were in a LTR or not.
 likemyrock
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/6/2010 6:30:59 PM

After reading all the responses, I can only conclude that the meaning of sex is in the heart of the beholder.
My personal view is that ALL SEX has meaning.

I love dug up old threads.

So basically 3 pages to come to "all behavior has a reason behind it," or, "things happen for a reason, even if you don't know what it is," or more simply, "cause, and effect."
Great. Knowledge of the ages discovered here.
 Pilose_Wink
Msg: 76
Posted: 11/7/2010 8:01:39 AM
Meaningful is when I don’t want to leave or do something else after, meaningless is when it’s over I wish I wasn’t there, and in that meaning, I guess it means I shouldn’t be doing that again.

Meaningful holds a certain level of attached euphoria, meaningless has the guttural grunt part but holds a disconnect from too many other sides of me.
 Apollodorus
Msg: 77
Posted: 11/7/2010 10:47:55 AM
I think people put too much thought into sex, sex should be about sex and nothing else. it should not be related to love or have meaning, it should and is just a necessary biological function that occurs when 2 people are physically attracted to each other.
 barefootkitten
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/7/2010 11:11:19 AM
I feel truly sorry for your ignorance in this apollodorus. If you truly believe it shouldn't/doesn't have meaning, then you're missing out on A LOT. But I guess that goes to show how meaningless any relationship is to you, based on your posts in other threads. It must be a long and lonely life with those beliefs you have.
 Vannili
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2010 11:39:16 AM
What makes sex "Meaningful" to you ?
and what would make sex "Meaningless to you?

Meaningful____When sexual act is in the mind, it is expressing love (emotion ) to another person whether the love is a short time or not.

Meaningless____ When a sexual act is hunger for a fix ,like a growling stomach that in need of food, that is a meaningless sex because it is just to satisfies a hunger. I've read that people who is always hungry for sex ,the cause is the blood flows to their genitalias it is normal for men as long as their mind can control it, and vice versa on women. just my 2 cents
 EltonBuddha
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2010 9:17:18 PM
Meaningless: using sex to satisfy my needs, sexual or otherwise (such as the need to feel appreciated, worthy, connected, lovable, attractive, approved of, secure). Obligating sex to the duty of making me feel better, or to temporarily relieve suffering, pain, or tension. “Sentencing it to slave labor in the sweatshop of my neuroses.” (Robert Masters)

Meaningful: Naturally flowing from pre-existing joy, ease, and love for the partner. Ecstatic naked dance of passion, celebrating an already-present connectedness and trust.
 valleyguyaz
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/25/2010 1:16:12 PM
i never had sex with any woman and thought it was meaningless.it always has meant something to me whether it was with a woman i'm having a relationship with or a one night stand.
 DoubleParked
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/25/2010 2:14:31 PM
Sex is in itself a meaningful activity. It does not necessarily mean the same thing to the respective partners however. Like any other activity people do it for various reasons. Pleasure, of course, but also relief from anxiety or boredom. Power plays, love or hate. At times an almost transcendent experience, other times, just rutting. It involves the body and the soul so it ALWAYS has some sort of meaning. That's why we keep doing it, imagining doing it and looking for others to DO IT WITH!
 inanna44
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/25/2010 2:29:46 PM
so the latest thing i've been hearing from guys on the dating scene is that there are 2 types of sex....as they are trying to show me how wise and insightful they are.

so my response has been why not 3 or 7 different types? keep on wankin buddy, later. how impressive that one can shut down their emotions and have a purely physical experience.....? every womans dream guy.

i find someone with an integrated personality much more attractive.
 foreverstacey
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/25/2010 8:57:53 PM
In my opinion... meaningless is just doing it for the sake of doing it.. I dont feel too much for the person, it doesnt mean anything to me really.

Meaningful is when I have strong feelings for the person, and we have sexual chemistry. With my ex.. I had feelings for him.. but the sex felt meaningless because we didnt have sexual chemistry together.
 matchlight
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2010 12:27:46 PM
I think it's a matter of degree how meaningful sex is. And often, the more meaningful, the more enjoyable. To me that depends on how much passion there is. And there tends to be the most when you're attracted to each other's looks, enjoy each other in general, and feel at ease and intimate, like old friends.

When that passion's there, I want to hold her, to keep kissing her lips, her neck, her face; to stroke her hair, to touch her hands, to whisper to her. I want to adore her, letting the affection I feel pour out. And that is so satisfying I don't want it to end. You're lost in playing together, and nothing seems to exist but the two of you and the moment. As you feel the passion keep surging and falling back, each time surging a little higher, in the end your bodies start to surrender, and the waves overcome you as time seems to stop.
 eastbelle
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/26/2010 5:34:31 PM
Any sex that satisfies my needs at the particular moment is meaningful. Whether it was with a boyfriend, a FWB partner, or a 1 night stand with some man I had just met at a bar
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2010 3:02:42 PM
Meaningful Sex ~ sounds like something for teenager...maybe people in their 20s added to cliche list

~Stevie
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/27/2010 3:25:13 PM

I think people put too much thought into sex, sex should be about sex and nothing else. it should not be related to love or have meaning, it should and is just a necessary biological function that occurs when 2 people are physically attracted to each other.

^^^^That is sooooo sad!

And I do agree, it shows in your posts. I would never want to meet a man like you.

Sex is absolutely wonderful if you are in a loving relationship. Where each person takes the time to make the other one happy. The closeness that is felt after the act, the cuddling and holding on. I had 22 wonderful years of those feelings with my ex-husband. He is now with his current girlfriend, however there was a conversation a while back, where he said he really missed what we had in the bedroom. Some people believe in soul-mates, I have to say he was my bed-mate. Haven't found another one like him.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/27/2010 5:15:38 PM
If I have an orgasm, the sex is meaningful.
 ALMOSTABLONDE
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/27/2010 5:32:20 PM
If I have an orgasm, the sex is meaningful.

if i have multiple orgasms, the sex is meaningful
oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >