Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 j4k3s
Msg: 2826
what is everyones opin on tattoos? Page 114 of 128    (88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128)
"Grandma, what is that?? It is a flower, Joey. Why is it all rolled up like that?"

and what if she says "Your grand-father used to love that tattoo, it was his favorite flower, at our wedding we were showered in them... I got it to remind us of that day"

Joey " wow Grandma you were cool in your day"

All you are doing is finding another negative, most tattoo's resemble a change in life or recognition of change in one's life or circumstances... it comes down to the individual and the tattoo.
 Darksiren25
Msg: 2827
what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 7/29/2011 4:41:38 PM
I dont think theres anything wrong with it. I have one small tattoo of 2 dolphins done like a ying yang sign, but dark blue/light blue. Its meant to remind me of balance and I am still glad I got it. It has faded so I will be redoing it in the future. Everyone's opinions are different. I don't like someone with a LOT of tattoo's though.
 KCinSD
Msg: 2828
Posted: 7/29/2011 8:07:00 PM
At this point in time, I feel more original NOT having tats. Seriously, I must be the only one of my friends with virgin skin and I'm completely content with that! Plus, I'm already**** enough without them--laughs
 waxinglyrical
Msg: 2829
Posted: 7/30/2011 7:17:52 PM
I love tattoos. I have quite a few, actually.
 MrMuggles73
Msg: 2830
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2011 2:26:09 PM
Never liked them
 Jase036
Msg: 2831
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2011 3:17:11 AM
I'll throw my 2 cents worth in on this one :) - I guess it's important to remember 2 very intrinsic differences to the art of tattoo - 1. Whether they are purely for aesthetic reasons as in modern tattoo or - 2. if they are somewhat more deeply rooted. In my culture, the maori culture (ta moko) or tattoo (particularly facial tattoo) has varied meaning. I would hardly expect someone non-indigeonous to recognise the beauty in a gorgeous ta moko on a maori princess, I for one however find it super attractive, as do many maori men. Ta moko can identify everything and anything from the person's standing in the tribe to their profession, their Whānau (family origin) and many other aspects of a particular persons character. Yes yes I am deviating from the original question. In my opinion, look beyond the superficial "ink on skin" syndrome and look at what it represents, in a world where we all like to claim we are somewhat different and judge a person by their character as opposed to their external appearance, are we being honest and true to ourselves. How much character does it take for a drop dead gorgeous maori woman at the age of 22 to have her face adorned with traditional ta moko. Peace :)
 mrcs84
Msg: 2832
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2011 3:41:20 AM
Who in their right mind would put a bumper sticker on a Bentley?
 The_Wily_Fox
Msg: 2833
Posted: 8/15/2011 7:40:55 AM
I am of the opinion every tatt should have a story to it. I find random tatt's to be off putting.

Anyway I'm quite close to having my first tattoo. It is going to be on my left arm and will be a smithy working away at an anvil with sparks flying at the hammer blow. The artists sketch is awesome, so just ned the time and money (and the courage) to go forward. The story behind it is the reference to my blacksmithing and welding days.

What do you guys think?

Oh and mrcs8 I have seen bumper stickers on bently's, ferrari's and many more high end motors. Money doesn't buy taste you know lol.
 perfectrock
Msg: 2834
Posted: 8/15/2011 7:49:07 AM
I love smaller tattoos on woman....they have to be in the right places........why is it so hard to find a hook up
 NateInGA
Msg: 2835
Posted: 8/16/2011 12:44:12 AM
I need to get a tatt fixed. Its one I got when I was like 19 and drunk, and poorly done. Ill have it fixed in the next week or so. In its place is going to be a memorium for my Army buddy who died saving my life. Hate it or love it, I don't really care. Its the reason behind it that matters. Fact is I think I can spare 12" of flesh for the guy who saved my life.
 blue_m_n_m
Msg: 2836
Posted: 8/17/2011 1:04:56 PM
I once thought tattoos were cool. It was a way of standing out from the crowd, to be different. Either that or you were a sailor or a gang member. And there are some very talented artists out there that made it their creative outlet. Today they're a dime a dozen. You stand out more now if you have none. They have become mainstream and I think that most people have them done to fit the mold. Since then tattoos have lost all their appeal to me and I'm glad I never got one.

Tattoos has never stopped me from dating women that had them in the past. Today however, it would depend on the kind of tattoo it is. I'd never date a woman with her whole back done or a sleeve, I don't care how hot she is. Then again, I'm not exactly the type of guy that would attract them anyways so it all works out in the end.
 bunnyBiotch
Msg: 2837
Posted: 8/18/2011 8:12:39 AM
I think it all depends on the person & what their tats are... Mine are for my mom who passed, family & me. I got them when they weren't the "in" thing for females, but I did it for me. If they have meaning to that person & aren't just flash off the wall, then that's great.... But, the obvious ones ( tramp stamp, tribal band), do make me pause because these are more of a trend & not as meaningful as others...
 lily661
Msg: 2838
Posted: 8/19/2011 9:53:12 AM
Oh no!!! I have one!!! I guess I"m cheap
 NSH71
Msg: 2839
Posted: 8/26/2011 1:36:03 AM
My opinion on tattoos? They're like an item of clothing; depending on how you wear them, they been be quite tasteful..or tasteless. I'm just glad I've never encountered a woman with a FACE tattoo, ala Mike Tyson, because that would be a deal breaker! I love the foot tattoos I've been seeing for the last 7 years. Sexy. What I find juvenile, and just outright stupid are the tats with a partner's name on it. So, what are you supposed to do if the relationship ends, and you have to explain it to a new love?
 Lookingformore121672
Msg: 2840
Posted: 9/4/2011 9:55:29 PM
I actually have two tattoos and looking to get two more! The one I have is on my inner right calf that I got when I was young. The other I just got a couple of years ago and it is a heart over my left breast. I am planning on getting the other two within a year. They are a way of expressing yourself. I will be 39 in December. My sister got her first one when I got the heart and she was 42.
 Alan1212
Msg: 2841
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 5:38:36 AM
I think they're ugly. The human body is so beautiful (usually), and some image inked on somewhere just draws my attention to the tattoo. Having a tattoo is very close to being a deal breaker for me. Just because every one I've ever seen is so ugly and if someone wants to do that to themselves it says a lot about them.
 dormantseed
Msg: 2842
Posted: 9/6/2011 7:29:24 AM
June 18, 2008

You can tell where a culture is headed by examining whom its members seek to emulate.

Just a few centuries ago, there was a culture still mired in the Stone Age, with no written language, no science, no math, no architecture, no nothing requiring thought. Its members had not even managed to invent the wheel.

That culture's only contribution to the world was the decorative ''tatu.'' In most other parts of the ancient world, tattoos were disfigurements used only to identify criminals or slaves.

Now that Polynesians can read, use wheels, count and appreciate musical instruments other than drums, they've advanced to a point where most of them have abandoned tattoos.

As one culture ascends, it seems, another declines.

This week, we learned that 36 percent of Americans between the ages of 18 and 29 have tattoos. It was just last year The Morning Call reported that 16 percent of all Americans were thusly self-mutilated.

The sight of Mike Tyson's gorgeous artwork, no doubt, has persuaded millions to flock to tattoo joints. Or maybe it's the growing popularity of ''mixed martial arts'' bloodfests, which put tattooed subhumans into cages to brutalize each other.

''Proud parents bear tattoos honoring their kids,'' said a headline over Monday's story.

Indeed
 debeer
Msg: 2843
Posted: 9/15/2011 1:43:51 AM
Their cool, but not for me. What type, where are they placed, how large would be my issue. Huge skull and bones across the chest or back would scare me away. If the tat is in good taste and creative it's cool.
 JoelleinMn
Msg: 2844
what is everyones opion on tattoos?
Posted: 9/21/2011 9:35:34 PM
I guess I would seriously consider the source on a person giving lessons on "morality" who says in the same breath that, while he considers tattoo wearers the dregs of society, he would still sleep with one.

At least people with tattoos are being honest about themselves for all the world to see. Sounds to me like you live one way but put on another face for the public at large.

Sounds like you are a more detrimental element of society than those you complain about.
 JoelleinMn
Msg: 2845
Posted: 9/21/2011 9:44:36 PM
I think you'd actually be surprised how many people in upscale industry are inked. My banker has a huge phoenix from his shoulder to his elbow. Can anyone see it while he's at work? No. How do I know? Because he was super excited about it after it was complete and showed me knowing that I could appreciate the work. I see: attorneys, teachers, doctors, lawyers, CEOs, buyers for upscale clothing retailers (like Saks and Macy's), chemists, etc.... and they all show me their ink. Why? They know I can relate. My tattoos are very visible, but I can creatively cover them when I have an important meeting to attend. There are a good number of people I run across that have no clue I have had any work done at all. To them, I fit into your idea of "professionals don't have tattoos"... but I do. Some of the individuals I previously listed have their ink visible during working hours. Some have their tats in places that can only be seen on the weekends. Either way, I think it is FAR more likely that the people you meet on the everyday basis have ink than not these days.
 HotWannabeMaleNurse
Msg: 2846
Posted: 10/8/2011 9:20:49 AM
I agree with tennis on this one. A tattoo cheapens the whole look of a woman. To me it shows a lack of respect for her body, yet also shows an obnoxious level of vanity. Growing up I always thought tatoos were expressions of something that is truly a part of you. Now a tattoo is a fashion statement.

As men and women both know, fashion is not worn to impress men, it is worn to impress women. Women like to show off to eachother. There are several fashion trends that certainly deminish a woman's appeal like giant sunglasses (we want to see your eyes), ugg boots (name says it all), torn jeans and of course tattoos, yet have become immensely popular.

Personally I would rather my date show up with her natural hair colour, in jeans , sneakers and a t-shirt wearing minimal makeup but that is a difficult thing to ask these days. It shows that she is low maintenance and not vain. I find tattos and breast augmentation to be in the same category, ultimately proving that she wants to be noticed, feel beautiful and that beauty is truly skin deep and vanity can leave a mark for life.
 tomster75
Msg: 2847
Posted: 10/8/2011 2:48:14 PM
Too many tats on women--or men, juat looks trashy and unclassy! I admire neatly done skin art but lets face it do people really need like twenty tats?!
 gmngw
Msg: 2848
Posted: 10/10/2011 2:43:10 PM
I hate, cant stand, they repulse me, and any other negative adjective you wish to attach. I also can't stand excessive piercing. If they have a whole in their ear that you fire a weapon through, or their head looks like something that is won at a carnival, then I dont even think twice.

Bottom line; if you look like you were just paroled from prison and would rather have more metal and ink on your body than skin we are not going to get along.
 sugarandspiceandnice
Msg: 2849
Posted: 10/11/2011 12:44:06 PM
i would hate to know that I might be classified as (trashy) just because I chose to display a tatt or two. I am 48 yrs old and a professional. My tatts symbolize something or a time in my life that was significate. They are a reflection of me. Too much generalization.
Used to be you were trashy if you wore your hair down and long. Or were a scarlet woman if you wore pants.
Pray tell- PLEASE tell me what makes a man trashy.
It appears women have all these don'ts that if done typecast them, yet men have none.
same ole, same ole.
Will we ever progress where women are not judged differently. and what is good for the Gander is also good for the Goose...
 sugarandspiceandnice
Msg: 2850
Posted: 10/11/2011 12:46:11 PM
same feeling I have about guys with an earring.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?