Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stormlatesa
Msg: 1834
what is everyones opin on tattoos? Page 123 of 128    (88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128)
Some Tattoos are OK! However I refuse 2 even respond 2 any1 with Face Tattoos. I just simply can't take any1 serious with face tattoos. It's Like putting a mark on your Face that says: I plan on going 2 jail or dying real soon. Face Tattoos are a Big NO!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1835
what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 6/19/2014 9:40:24 AM
One of the most interesting tattoos I have seen was on a remarkably attractive brunette woman wearing a red bikini.
She had a huge tattoo of HERSELF on her own back...wearing a similar red bikini!
The challenge there is she will forever be in competition with her own youthful self portrayed on her own body.
It was seen at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, NV about a decade ago. Hopefully she still digs her ink.
 Maleman999
Msg: 1836
Posted: 6/19/2014 2:28:12 PM

Size, location, and content of body graffiti is irrelevant. I wouldn't go out with a woman that has them.

Same here. It's a total turn-off and instant deal breaker, and seems very immature.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 1837
Posted: 6/19/2014 8:36:02 PM
Don't have any, will never get any. It's OK if a guy has them, as long as they are tasteful and not all over every part of his body.
 toncuz
Msg: 1838
Posted: 6/22/2014 7:31:39 PM
The last thing I want to see on a woman is some ugly blotch on that beautiful body. Skin is beautiful...ink is ugly. Graffitti on walls or bodies is simply a huge turn-off. They don't call them tramp stamps for nothing.
 cooldog65
Msg: 1839
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2014 8:48:23 AM
It all depends on how good the tattoo artist is. I've seen some women with only a few cheap looking tats and I've seen women with nicely done sleeves.

It gave me a special feeling in my pants.
 AddHomonym
Msg: 1840
Posted: 6/23/2014 12:28:21 PM
All this tattoo hate is kind of funny. How sad and pathetic it is for some to sit and judge others so harshly for how they choose to adorn their own bodies or express themselves. I happen to think many tattoos are very beautiful and I've been thinking about the sort of work I'd like to have done for many years now.

When I see a beautiful woman with loads of tattoos, I imagine laying in bed reading her from head to toe. I would date an "illustrated woman" in a heartbeat. They don't tend to like guys with no tattoos very much though:(
 kcycrs
Msg: 1841
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2014 2:16:27 PM

They don't tend to like guys with no tattoos very much though

In the same way smokers tend to gravitate to smokers.
 hemingway114
Msg: 1842
Posted: 6/27/2014 10:40:21 AM

While Nordstrom's, Costco, boardrooms, surgeons, rocket scientists, etc.... not so much

- I just met a rocket scientist who had a tattoo... you just never know who will have them these days.

And I'm all for them... it's easier to identify the body!
 hemingway114
Msg: 1843
Posted: 6/27/2014 11:06:03 AM
And I'm actually going to get two... the one on my backside will say, "If you can read this, you are too close" The one on the front will read, "Some objects may appear smaller than they really are".
 south_city
Msg: 1844
Posted: 6/28/2014 9:05:39 AM

I didn't mind a few small tattoos. In particular ones that there are for sentimental reason(s). Such as honoring a deceased family member or friend. But I'm not attracted to people that have tats all over their body.

Agreed.
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 1845
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2014 2:43:32 PM
I am NOT a fan of tattoos. Yeah, "to each his/her own" and whatnot. While I do not consider a tattoo a "deal-breaker", I just do not find them attractive or original. However, a "deal-breaker" for me is WHERE she chose to be tattooed and the size of the tattoo. It's shocking to me how many women (over the age of 30) have these huge tattoos of panthers, lions, tigers, and bears right dead smack on their chests or on the front of their thighs. In those cases, it's less about the tattoo per se, than that (in my opinion), it's not in a location conducive to discretion or class, it's the size of a freakin' billboard, and it's not 'original' in the least. Walk down the street on a warm summer day, in any large city in America, and you will see dozens and dozens of these 'original' pieces of 'personal' artwork.

The funny thing (to me) is that from a distance (and, especially in photo's), tattoos often look like ink blotches.

In another forum, someone put it perfectly, (Almost)"Everyone trying to be 'different' by doing the same thing."
Nowadays, "different" and "unique" is if you DO NOT have a tattoo.

Seems that nowadays, too many people are crying and screaming for any form of attention they can get. I have always been attracted to quiet, intelligent, humble, low-key, 'play the background' type of women as opposed to the now ubiquitous, "LOOK AT ME!" types. (and I am NOT typing that just because a person has a tattoo that they are not intelligent or vice versa), it's just the type of women I am attracted to.
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 1846
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2014 2:57:21 PM
Again, "To each his/her own"..........................however, at work I often talk about people's judgment, discretion, and thought-processes (or lack thereof). And, my rhetorical question to people who have tattoos for "personal" reasons is......................

"Exactly what would be the downside of having your children's names, your momma' name, your spouse, your poetry, The Ten Commandments, the flag of your grandmother's country of origin or whatever, on a necklace, pendant, key chain, t-shirt, sweatshirt, charm bracelet, or......................ANYTHING ELSE that can be removed if the occasion calls for it and/or you simply get tired of looking at it and/or the circumstances change and/or it no longer looks good on you?"

"What is the downside?"

Answer: There is none.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 1847
Posted: 6/28/2014 3:07:23 PM

Everyone trying to be 'different' by doing the same thing."
Nowadays, "different" and "unique" is if you DO NOT have a tattoo.

Exactly. Plus, would you put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari, lol?
 sactownromantic
Msg: 1848
Posted: 6/28/2014 3:12:27 PM
If I were to get a tattoo of every loved one that passed a way I would be covered in tattoos, I therefore keep photos of them to look at so I can remember the good times we had together.
 Ken_19
Msg: 1849
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2014 5:50:11 AM
I am fairly liberal, but I also follow the 10 Commandments in my personal life to the extent humanly possible/practical. Tattoos are addressed in Commandment number 2. Images.

I therefore don't draw (maps an exception for work purposes), nor do I decorate myself with images. I tend to avoid those who violate or ignore the other commandments and have never knowingly dated a woman with a tattoo. When the so called 'slut tats' (lower back across the hips) became popular a few years ago knowingly became an issue as sometimes I had no way of knowing it until after the clothes came off or until the next morning. For those women who wondered why if we got along so well that night, I never contacted them again or ignored contacts from them, now you know why.

To me, maintaining a relationship with a woman wearing tattoos would be little different than intentionally maintaining a relationship with an adulterer, murderess, or a thief.
 DragonBits
Msg: 1850
Posted: 7/6/2014 7:22:38 AM

I am fairly liberal, but I also follow the 10 Commandments in my personal life to the extent humanly possible/practical. Tattoos are addressed in Commandment number 2. Images.

To me, maintaining a relationship with a woman wearing tattoos would be little different than intentionally maintaining a relationship with an adulterer, murderess, or a thief.

What makes you think you are fairly liberal? By that I mean, what opinions do you hold that most consider to be liberal?
 Still_Waters_72
Msg: 1851
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2014 4:38:22 AM

When the so called 'slut tats' (lower back across the hips) became popular a few years ago knowingly became an issue as sometimes I had no way of knowing it until after the clothes came off or until the next morning. For those women who wondered why if we got along so well that night, I never contacted them again or ignored contacts from them, now you know why.

So you have a problem with tattoos, but not with pre-marital sex?
I'm curious - What brand of church do you attend or did you break away and start your own?
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 1852
Posted: 7/24/2014 5:27:02 AM
I'm assuming she wants to share them with me at some point:)

Thing is, that butterfly on the back is gonna become a moth in the crack with age.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1853
Posted: 7/24/2014 7:33:50 AM
I'm booked for a tattoo next week, first one and it took a lot of thought as to what I wanted.

As for the 10 commandments dude; too funny. You can have sex with any woman indiscriminately but as soon as you find out she has a tattoo you kick her to the curb. How very christian of you in your little mind. I'd rather bear her shame than have to bear the shame of narrow mindedness, fear and lack of intelligence. And please look up the meaning of "liberal". But, I guess we're entitled to our own opinions.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 1854
Posted: 7/24/2014 7:41:41 AM
I'll become a 'liberal' when I stop working and need to self medicate.
 Maleman999
Msg: 1855
Posted: 7/25/2014 7:26:12 PM
I recall one time, when I was in a grocery store, going to a section where at the same time there was a senior citizen woman, who uses one of those electric scooters to get around ,who was almost beside me. I saw some faded blue marking and lines on her arm that I thought was varicose veins. After taking a second glance, I noticed it was a tattoo, because it was a picture of some type of animal. But it was so faded, it was hard to figure out what exactly it was. I wonder how many people who get tattoos are told by the tattooist that their picture will eventually fade away to almost nothing.

I remember a friend getting a tattoo of his then girlfriend including her name. After they broke up, he went to get a tattoo to cover up. I don't know anything about tattoos, but common sense would tell me that putting a tattoo on top of an existing tattoo might not be the brightest idea. It ended up just looking like a big blob of ink-sort of what a Rorschach ink blot test would look like. He didn't seem to care, as long as the tattoo of her wasn't noticeable.
 HondoGal
Msg: 1856
Posted: 7/26/2014 8:01:25 AM

To me, maintaining a relationship with a woman wearing tattoos would be little different than intentionally maintaining a relationship with an adulterer, murderess, or a thief. ~ Ken_19

This statement is soo warped as to be incredible.
Murderers are put to death; should this also be the penalty for a tattooed woman?
Does this also apply to men? Or is it only applicable to women?

I like a couple of tattoos on a man; especially the ones that indicate their armed forces affiliation. As for tons of tattoos especially on the neck or face, nasty.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1857
Posted: 7/26/2014 9:46:24 AM
I agree with you above. I can't imagine someone like this fellow and his narrow minded views actually putting his hands on me, makes me shudder and throw up in my throat a bit. The odd thing is, he can go against all his so called commandments and have sex with someone and then toss them aside once he sees a tattoo. Like I said before, not very christian-like.

I'm getting a tattoo next week, first one. As for someone else's opinion on my soon to be tattoo, I don't much care and I haven't much cared about too many people's opinions since I became an adult.
 easterparadehat
Msg: 1858
Posted: 8/2/2014 11:41:15 AM
I'm not a big fan of tattoos and one little one is okay but how about the huge nickel sized holes people put in their ear lobes. WHY?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?