Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BuzWeaver
Msg: 26
what is everyones opin on tattoos?Page 2 of 128    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I don’t have one, I suppose as long as someone isn’t covered in them and have tasteful designs they are okay with me.
 viceguy2
Msg: 27
what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 6/26/2005 3:06:08 PM
Self-mutilation.....not to mention trendy..Im looking forward to the pandemonium resulting from the removal craze once they're no longer in fashion...
 viceguy2
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/26/2005 3:08:48 PM

You know It is all up to the person getting them. I could give hoot less what people think of my tattoos. I love them & I know what kind of a person I am.....

of course its all up the individual..but I dont buy your indifference for a second based on this, as well as, some of your previous posts.
 Stillalicious
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/26/2005 6:31:24 PM
I always wanted one but never had the courage until I hit my thirties. I liked it so much I now have 3, all strategically placed so they are/can be easily hidden in a situation where I have to dress up. I personally think on a woman, they should be hidden or easily hidden, otherwise they can look trashy in certain sitautions. I hate seeing wedding pics where tattoos are showing on women.
As for on tattoos on men:the odd one on a man's upper arm can be sexy. I dated a guy once who had 22 tattoos and I didn't know for the first 2 weeks we were going out. It was a huge turn off for me...way too many! Another guy I found attractive had one across his whole set of shoulderblades and back- BIG TURN OFF! That was the end of him...
 solstice621
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/26/2005 6:54:24 PM
I have 2. Most people in my own family arent even aware of it. I designed them both myself because to me tattos should be only something that is special to the person who has it. I don't want a rose or a butterfly or a tribal thing on my lower back like a million others. the lack of individuality and blazening that on my skin forever would bother me. As for anyone else , i think they're cool if they mean something to YOU. I am consistant with that thought.
 imasmrt1
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2005 11:41:43 PM
I personally think a couple is sexy on a woman, more than four is just not gonaa do it for me. I personally have two, that were forced on me when i passed out as a youth at a party, one got covered up with a nicer tatoo, but if i had the choice i would never have gotten them on my arm.
 Sniper308
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/4/2005 1:11:52 PM
I figure any woman with even so much as one tattoo is "mental" and I don't want her in my life; I don't even want to talk to her. Any woman who would intentionally defile her body with a tattoo is sick upstairs and I don't want to get involved with her. I feel the same about "body piercings," same reason. Anything beyond earrings... she's "mental." Damaged goods. Abort mission.
 imasmrt1
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2005 11:15:48 PM
i think a tattoo can be a good indication of character. Type of art, placement of art, and amount of art.E.G- Aheart on a but could inicate playful, a dagger oin the chest, dont trust her, a unicorn on the shoulderblade, adreamer with a little purity still there
You can do your own research but the conclusions may scare you!
 imasmrt1
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2005 11:44:09 PM
^^ Do you read chinese? what if it says i ripped her off, or just funny marks? Would you know the difference? I have always been scared if tribal and oriental because i do not know how to properly identify.
 Salty McHaggis
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2005 1:18:27 AM
BIG BURLY...LAKUZA LIKE...or yer a ****...an ye shouldN't git one... I have none cause I have nothing in ink that matters enough... if it did it would be epic...I expect no less from the girl I'm with...
 Salty McHaggis
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2005 1:57:58 AM
SO sorry YAKUZA LIKE... er yer just another butterfly buyin' rose tattoo ho...YO
 Sexyme
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/11/2005 4:43:45 AM
Tats are so sexy. Love a man with tattoos,mmmm
 haligurl
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2005 6:00:15 PM
wow, enjoyed reading all the differing opinions on tattoos! I am in agreement with the general population, tats are great on women if they are small, depends on where they are. I do like larger tats on men and I like one or many, a man looks sexy to me if they have ink (tho not a requirement). I have small and discreet tats that are covered by clothes. As with most on here, they have meaning to me - one I designed myself when my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer - didn't know if she would live or die, so had a pink breast cancer ribbon tatooed on my leg with symbols of both sides of my family on each side of the ribbon. It's something I thought about for a long time and isn't a "fad" tattoo that I won't like in 20 yrs.
I also don't think that they are trashy, or make me less intelligent.
 always_striving
Msg: 43
What is everyones opinion on tattoos?
Posted: 7/17/2005 2:21:55 AM
I think you should look at this duplicate thread in Off-Topic Forums
 jennifer j
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/17/2005 4:53:00 AM
Dont have one but love them gives me something to read while I am working on the muscles
 goinstrong
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/17/2005 9:02:04 AM
Have them, love them, however have had some men say they don't want to date a woman with ink. Not a problem, their opinion.
Mine are HIGHLY visible, and I've gotten many compliments on them from men and women alike.
I wonder sometimes how it will affect my career in the coming years, but hope my knowledge and skills will be the part of me being sought after, not what I look like.
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/25/2005 12:00:04 PM
In reply to this forum, I'd like to say, after reviewing everyones' "opinions"-I would love to add my two cents in here. My father was a veteran of the WWII era and he had this magnificent tatoo of a ship with a fist coming out of it-I loved it!!!
and I also was really turned on when I observed a rather muscular arm in Florida that had an anchor on it-he smelled good too..
At any rate- I myself have three tatoos-that are usually under neath clothing and were designed so many years ago- I actually forget about them untill someone else notices.
Would I ever get them again??? YES-but smaller-maybe butterflies or dragonflies flitting across my lower back??? Of course I'm older now and less daring so may flinch more.
A word of advise to newbies in the art of tatoo world-do not consume any alcohol beverages before a tatoo-and by all means clear away from comedians temp.- a laugh is healthy but not a slip of a tatoo gun!!!!!
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/25/2005 2:55:43 PM
Oh love Em!! My ex had great ones on his big bi-ceps, and I met a younger guy the other day who had these really incredible ones right up his arms. Just marvellous works of art really! I never quite saw any like that. He was an ex-biker dude. Bad boy type you know?
 spiderman8675309
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/25/2005 4:25:54 PM
I think a tattoo just above the butt is sexy. I like to only see part of it and that ask to see the rest every girl always want to show that off. But if they have them all over the place I'm not a huge fan of that. Usually I've notice a g-string at the same time. Which I might add is like a bonus.. :-)

kurr
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2005 11:21:53 PM
WELL I LIKE TATTOOS I DO HAVE MORE THAN ONE BUT DEPENDING ON WHAT I WEAR YOU SEE THEM OR NOT... SO DO I LOOK TRASHY YOU WOULDN'T EVEN NOW IT I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING WHAT EVET HAPPEND TO NOT JUDGEING A BOOK BY THE COVER HUM?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?