Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TN Hillbilly
Msg: 51
what is everyones opin on tattoos?Page 3 of 128    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
i'm 40 and have tattoos on both arms, back, and front. My back is one complete picture. My tattoos tell things about me in a secret kind of way. At times I crave the feel of a tattoo atrist needle pricking my skin and adding another piece of my life to the history board. Now I don't ever recommend for a man or a woman to put their significant others name any where on their body. Because you can never tell when it will go to hell. I know I want date a woman with another mans name on her. My soon to be ex has three tattoos. I never thought that any of them degraded her in any way. To call a woman a slut or any other demeaning name just because she has a tattoo is just plumb wrong. Look for the inner beauty and except what holds it together. Be supportive in what ever direction your mate goes. Tattoos are great. As the bumper sticker of a friends tattoo shop says "Let us prick the one you love" Uptown Ink, Oliver Springs, TN. To each his/her own.
 lonegun13
Msg: 52
what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 8/1/2005 1:38:39 PM
she is my playboy playmate of the century.......Hi there Jody baby love ya!
CC
 Stephanos Primus
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2005 7:31:53 PM
I think they can be very sexy on women. They are also overdone these days.

They can make a statement about who you are.

I have one about 1.5" high near my right shoulder blade. It's the anglosaxon rune for 'oak', which is a symbol of strength and longetivity. It isn't fancy or ornate, just black, and looks like a stylized 'F'. My last name means 'from the valley of the oaks' so there's additional meaning in there as well.

Also, my daughter designed it, and has the same one, half size, near her right ankle. It symbolically ties us together, and has special significance because of that.

Like most things, tattoos can be more than what they seem on the surface.
 kurr
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2005 2:46:58 PM
Im just getting the one on my upper arm colored in. it is in tribute of my daughter that i love very much and what to show it.
 Sniper308
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/14/2005 11:57:31 AM
It's clearly getting more difficult to find an attractive woman who hasn't butchered herself with piercings and defaced herself with tattoos.
 frankin2006
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/15/2005 7:40:43 AM
I hate tattoos and piercing!!!! always have, always will............ automatic turn off for me.
Cant imagine some go through the cost and pain only to look worse.
 azblueskies57
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/15/2005 8:47:40 AM
Tats and piercing are for the trash, like strippers and and druggies. I am talking about women now. I think a tat makes a woman look like trash. Piecing are just weird, I don't care much either way. I see a beautiful woman and as soon as I see a tat or a cigarette dangling from the mouth and I am just ruined. I could care less if she was rich and blonde, just look like trash to me.

(And hey ladies...If this bothers you, say so here and keep the opins to your self. You don't need to tell me you think I am whatever in an email. I am in America, some of you aren't. But here I am aloud my opinion. Thanks.)
 badboy32
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/17/2005 3:33:43 PM
A tatoo on a woman is only sexy when it is on the lower back. They just peak out over the top of the pants....really gets me thinking. Damn SEXY.
 prolibertate
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/19/2005 11:41:16 AM

I am guessing they are much more accepted by the under 30 crowd, but what does the over 30 crowd think? I am guessing it is more like mine. I have never liked tats on a woman much and they all seem to be getting these cute little tats these days. To me this makes a woman look cheap, like a cigarette does when I see a gorgeous woman light up.

Any opinions here?

Tattoos are like anything else; you either like them or you don't. One may not want one for themselves, but not mind them on others; or they may really let it bother them. I'm interested to know why you think tattoos and cigarettes make a woman look cheap. I like tattoos on men (and women), but I wouldn't think of not dating a man simply because he didn't have one or because he did.

I'm over 40 and I have tattoo, a large one my arm...I got it for personal reasons that mean something to me. I like it and don't really are if others don't. I got it for me, not anyone else. Some people may not want to date me because it and that's their choice. Personally, I think it's kind of shallow, as I am so much more than a tattoo.
 prolibertate
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/19/2005 11:46:29 AM

my opion is that tattoos on nice hot chics are big turn offs.. they mite be ok for street chics but they do not fit in the money and power crowd.. there are so many nice girls getting mutilated and branded that could be living the good life..
and then there is trust, how can you ever trust a woman to make good decisions about other important things..

The money and power crowd? Living the good life? Isn't that a bit snobbish? Besides, money or power doesn't buy happiness anyway. I know, I've had both. I'm no 'street chick' but I have a tattoo and I still live the good life; plus, when someone accepts me (and my tattoo) for what we are, then I know they're not shallow, snobbish, or narrow-minded - all of which are a huge turn-off for me.
 prolibertate
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/19/2005 11:50:08 AM

well i say go for it if anyone wants to

and someday there will be someone like myslf,working in the medical field having a good laugh and trying to guess WHAT that is that is etched and colored on all that old age "chicken skin".

trust me that 'art" ain't so pretty on older skin

My mother said that to me once; wanted to know what would happen when my skin started to sag, lol. As we don't age badly at all in my family, I'm not too worried about it. I didn't get my tattoo for anyone but me, and even when I'm 80, it will still have the significance then that it does today...even if it does have a wrinkle or two (though I don't see many shoulders that sag, lol).
 prolibertate
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/19/2005 12:07:38 PM

It's a fad! The sad thing is, once the fad is over, you're stuck with this reminder for the rest of your life.

Personally, it all depends on the woman whether or not I would date her. The tat would have to be hidden and not visible with clothes on. I do not have one nor will I ever have one, there is nothing that important to me (other than my children) to disfigure my body forever over.

I think there should be a law that restricts the minimum age to 30+. People who are 19, 20, 21 etc... believe they are mature enough but I am here to tell you, what's important to you at 20 is the totally opposite of what's important to you at 30.

Nothing sexier than a 70yr old woman with a pot leaf tattoo'd on her bicep! Unless of course she never plans to grow up and remain trash forever and doesn't care what her grandchildren think of her.

My opinion of course

A fad? Tattooing has been around since 4000 BC (some say 12,000 BC)...if it's a fad, then it's the longest fad there ever has been.

While there may be some people who regret getting them, it's usually the ones who rushed out to get them, or did it because they thought it was the cool thing to do. Most people get tattoos because they like them and they have a personal meaning to them and that isn't going to change. Funny, though, that you mention women looking trashy, but not men. If you think women are trashy because they have a tattoo, what about a guy? Or is there a double standard with this subject too? ;)
 prolibertate
Msg: 63
Disappointing
Posted: 9/19/2005 12:13:14 PM

It is a reflection of a woman's lack of self-esteem, that maybe, just maybe, she may be "prettier", "sexier", "more desirable". It's bool pucky, but women are into competion amonst themselves for the more desirable men, and they eat up whatever "fashion" comes along thinking this is the way to go. Hard to find a women who looks inward toward herself and seeks to refine her inner beauty. It is inner beauty that shines through the eyes and stands the test of time.

With guys, ah, we are basically stupid and do whatever we think is right at the time, unfortunately we don't sober up first, and the next thing we know, we are walking billboards for where we've been and how drunk we got. The majority of older men I have met with tats just shake their head at their youthful decision. I have heeded their advice.

LOL...you couldn't be more wrong about why a woman gets a tattoo...and if you saw mine, you'd realize why. My tattoo doesn't make me prettier, sexier, or more desirable; in fact, most guys probably wouldn't like it...it's not a flower or butterfly, or something more feminine (it's not a skull and crossbones either, lol); but it has personal meaning to me, and that's all that matters. And if I saw something similar on a guy, I'd say 'nice ink'...I sure as hell wouldn't put him down for it or make him cover it up. It's a part of who he is. And if people can't accept that about someone, then they should keep on moving.
 solofist
Msg: 64
Disappointing or Not?
Posted: 9/20/2005 2:12:36 PM
A couple of points, as individuals we have to decide up to what point our actions are dictated by others and getting a tattoo is as permanent a decision as they come. If you got some body art you like for whatever personal reason, good for you! Peer pressure and drunkenness are both short-lived compared with your “art”. There are two sides on this issue, is silly to classify an individual based on some ink on their skin; however is anyone undergoes extensive body modifications including endless plastic surgeries, piercing, mutilations and yes substantial percentage of their body covered by tattoos, then such “mods” definitely would weight on myself forming an opinion of said individual, positive or negative, take a look at this: http://www.20six.co.uk/Lois/archive/2003/07/
 NoOneElse
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/21/2005 12:57:16 PM
I love tattoos on men or women, especially if they have some kind of meaning, I only have one, my grown daughter and I have matching butterflies -- when we hug, the butterflies 'kiss'. My friend's 65yr old mother liked our tats so much, that she wants to get a matching tatoo with her 85 yr old husband! I want to get another one, but haven't decided yet where, or what, but since it will decorate my body forever, it has to be something special to me.

a few guys I know have a tatoo for each of their children, really cool. Don't know if it really shows their commitment to their children, but they can't lie about being childless!
 smith2267
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/5/2005 8:41:00 PM
I don't mind minimal tattoos on a woman.
 smith2267
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/5/2005 10:17:10 PM
On a related note, what about tattooed makeup on a woman?
 HAHANOW
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/6/2005 3:47:07 PM
WHO CARES?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 HAHANOW
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/6/2005 6:45:42 PM
You go girl! Im with you on that! . We should get Tattoos together! Lets run to Miami Ink!
 Renegade-NC
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/3/2005 4:35:58 PM
Except for those old military ones - like my WWII veteran dad had - tattoos are incredibly cheesy, and reflect a low-class individual. I feel most women (and men) get one because of the "bandwagon" effect (i.e. the "in" thing). That reflects a trait of IMPULSIVENESS - a trait I would rather avoid.

I thank you women with tattoos for alerting me almost instantly about yourself, so that I can save the time and expense of dating cheesy women.
 FISHGOLF
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/8/2005 2:54:26 PM
My opinion of them depends upon the style of the tattoo rather than where it/they is/are.

I have two tattoos myself.
Would that be tattwos?

I have a tattoo of bright red lips on my left ass and a ripped dragon doing an arm curl with a barbell while he's snorting smoke on my right ass.

I've been thinking about getting another one or two, possibly a golf hole from tee to green with traps, a hazard & the flag.

What I don't care for is a tattoo that's too garrish and big although, I've seen some terrific artwork done by tattoo artists.

There's something else I really like about tattoos.
I really get into the feeling of the needle during the process.

Does anyone else "enjoy" it?
 FISHGOLF
Msg: 72
HAHANOW
Posted: 11/8/2005 2:59:43 PM
That's some really nice artwork on your tat.
Did you get it done all in one sitting?
 MissMoody
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/8/2005 11:17:21 PM
Please tell me the difference between Street chicks and money and power chicks... and I don't believe trust has anything to do with if you have a tattoo or not.. but we all have our opinions, and I must say that yours to this subject was very disturbing... all people are equals in my eyes, and should not be labeled into groups for one thing, and I'm not a "street chick" as you call it, and I have 4 tattoos, and guess what??? I also have money and power!!!
 MissMoody
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/8/2005 11:20:49 PM
Amen to that!! A tattoo is not a reason to judge someone or to think any less of them. A tattoo doesn't make up what kind of person you are... your soul does.
 blondegreeneyedgal
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/9/2005 8:25:35 AM
I love tattoos,its an expression of a person and a time in their life.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?