Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Renegade-NC
Msg: 76
what is everyones opin on tattoos?Page 4 of 128    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
You low-class cheese bags deserve each other (ref 11/3, msg 309). Of course tattoos are a form of art or self-expression. Only a low-class mentality would feel that way, instead of realizing how you deface your body. Gee... I think I'll dump my garbage on my front lawn, and just consider it "self-expression."
 Dentpopper
Msg: 77
what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 11/14/2005 11:24:01 AM
To call tats anything other than a form of self expression only shows ignorance on the subject. Tattoo's are similar to a change of Hairstyle or clothing, beard, mustache etc.etc...
If you enjoy being mundane or jus goin with the flow so be it. Personaly I dont want to be confused with anyone else, and the only way to avoid this is to be shure your one of a kind.
Go for it guys. Express your individuality as only you can.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/14/2005 11:53:11 AM
Tats are an extremely PERSONAL choice. I suggest that if you don't like them, you merely don't look.
 rings
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/14/2005 9:59:59 PM
the difference between people with tattoos and people without tattoos......is........the people with tattoos dont CARE if you dont have any.
 Renegade-NC
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/15/2005 7:32:27 AM
You can deface your body all you want. It's low-class and I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Heck, if you really want to stand out in a crowd, why don't you glue antlers to your head... although you might have trouble sleeping.
 2findU
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2005 1:16:20 PM
Tatoos and piercing (at least on a woman) turn me off. But that's just personal taste. And I don't have any tatoos on my body either.
 addictedtolove
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/5/2005 9:27:54 PM
My body is a temple.And I'm just painting the walls
 Synn
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/5/2005 10:14:50 PM
Yea Most of you People are Right ......Over 30 People are total idiots if they have a Tattoo.....There Dirty ....Bums....Rebelious Trash...Open Mined well maybe Very Open Minded ...They usually tell it like it is ....Yea No Good Shoot them On Sight ......

Funny thing is many people that are now getting them were total sticks in the Mud...and Many are in there 50's.......So people never Make Comments on looks you may never know in a few years you to may get one ....Smart people put them where they can hide them if it Appears to maybe bother people at work ....We can sense the bad vibes from the Totally straight
 Renegade-NC
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/8/2005 8:09:56 PM
To say that you tattoo guineau pigs don't care that I don't have a tattoo (and never will) is not the issue. It's like a smoker saying he/she doesn't care that I don't smoke. What a revelation!

Your so-called "art" or "self-expression" is low-class. I am merely defining it... I am not saying that I am bothered by it. It doesn't matter how I or anyone else feels about it.
 Renegade-NC
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/9/2005 9:26:11 PM
If more people listened to PJ and OceanPearl, the world would be a much better place.
 Polly_G
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/10/2005 5:48:59 AM
I have no tattoos but it has nothing to do with being against them. The more artistic the better. Tattoos are a form of expression and have nothing to do with what class you come from.

My ex was a biologist and he had a great one that he designed himself that took up most of his upper arm. Another ex was a computer programmer and manager of large IT department and he had all kinds.

Then there are those "tattoo mistakes" when you were a teen, drinking and had your buddy do it.

Would I date someone that was covered head to toe in them...most likely not. I would feel I was looking at an artists canvass rather than a person. But never say never.

I have never gotten a tattoo just because my views have evolved so much through my life. I know that things I may wish to express now may not be what I wish to express down the road.

But its completely a personal choice.
 avgscot
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/12/2005 2:35:10 PM
I think tats are ok. I don't have any but I have designed quite a few. I only offer advice on selection. Never get one that you'd be embarrassed to explain to your grandkids. And don't get one of your favorite musician unless it is YOUR band. (Homer has Starland Vocal Group!)lol
 Renegade-NC
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/15/2005 7:09:07 PM
Following a little research, perhaps Emeraldlotus is not too far off. FYI... I just checked the Library of Congress Edition of Webster's Dictionary and found the following definitions for "tattoo recipient."

TATTOO RECIPIENT [noun, from Middle English phrase "person in tatters"]
1. An individual, in a drunken stupor, who (normally late at night) inadvertently decides to have their body defaced at the urging of friends. 2. A low-class person (regardless of income level, occupation or IQ) who has no idea he/she is low-class, and otherwise leads a normal life. 3. A misguided individual who lacks the originality to portray his/her "self-expressions" in a more constructive fashion. 4. A person of the "band wagon" mentality who is usually insecure and feels a need to be part of the "hip" crowd.

I hope this clarifies things for everyone.
 addictedtolove
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/25/2005 3:29:11 PM
I just thought long and hard about this.
I think everyone in the world should have a tattoo.If you don't ,get three or four
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/8/2006 5:57:06 AM
It don't matter to me either way , if someone has tatoos or not. I don't even bother with it. Not into it (for myself). Again....it really does depend on a person character that makes the appeal to me or not. Some people may have nice tatoos and are great people too, so it is all up to the person and how they are as an individual and not how they may appear outside and tatoos, either way i don't judge people over that.
 Sin*ful
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2006 11:26:54 PM
I am just wondering when we all turn really old ...that beautiful say heart will sag and you will only be able to see half an arrow as the other half will be sagging so low..all you will be able to read is I love...............................................SSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...the sally will be hangin..then what?
 reverie79
Msg: 96
Posted: 6/9/2006 1:29:47 AM
I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to tattoos. I don't have any myself, so I would obviously be cool with it if I guy I was interested in didn't have any either.

I'm a fan of that show "Miami Ink," though, so I have definitely seen that tattoos have the potential to be meaningful and/or artistically beautiful. I think those types of tattoos are totally fine - it's the meaningless lizards, dolphins, suns, tribal designs, flowers, fairies, etc. that I think can end up looking tacky or unattractive. And I think a LOT depends upon the skill of the artist. I personally wouldn't bother with a tattoo at all unless someone exceptionally talented was going to do it.

As far as the quantity goes, I don't think it looks great when people have a bunch of random designs...I think one meaningful/really well done design would look the best, or on the opposite end of the spectrum, a well-planned out sleeve (or something else on a larger scale).
 Renegade-NC
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/10/2006 10:03:52 PM
Searching4Something woke up a resting giant... and I was in such a peaceful sleep. Upon scanning this forum (for the first time in a couple months) I notice that there are still many folks who are low-class, unoriginal, dimwitted and unable to even write a simple sentence.

I guess most of the high class people are on Match.com or other pay sites. As for myself... I'm just here for the laughs.
 Trying2FindU2
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/12/2006 1:23:34 PM
Personally, having two of my own, I can not fault any woman for wanting a little art to make her stand out. I especially like it when they have some on their lower back. It is extremely sexy...
 who_the_fox
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/12/2006 9:12:17 PM
I think my first one is going to be a great big

IDIOT

right across my forehead
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?