Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 addictedtolove
Msg: 105
what is everyones opin on tattoos?Page 5 of 128    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I just thought long and hard about this.
I think everyone in the world should have a tattoo.If you don't ,get three or four
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 108
what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 6/8/2006 5:57:06 AM
It don't matter to me either way , if someone has tatoos or not. I don't even bother with it. Not into it (for myself). Again....it really does depend on a person character that makes the appeal to me or not. Some people may have nice tatoos and are great people too, so it is all up to the person and how they are as an individual and not how they may appear outside and tatoos, either way i don't judge people over that.
 Sin*ful
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2006 11:26:54 PM
I am just wondering when we all turn really old ...that beautiful say heart will sag and you will only be able to see half an arrow as the other half will be sagging so low..all you will be able to read is I love...............................................SSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...the sally will be hangin..then what?
 reverie79
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/9/2006 1:29:47 AM
I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to tattoos. I don't have any myself, so I would obviously be cool with it if I guy I was interested in didn't have any either.

I'm a fan of that show "Miami Ink," though, so I have definitely seen that tattoos have the potential to be meaningful and/or artistically beautiful. I think those types of tattoos are totally fine - it's the meaningless lizards, dolphins, suns, tribal designs, flowers, fairies, etc. that I think can end up looking tacky or unattractive. And I think a LOT depends upon the skill of the artist. I personally wouldn't bother with a tattoo at all unless someone exceptionally talented was going to do it.

As far as the quantity goes, I don't think it looks great when people have a bunch of random designs...I think one meaningful/really well done design would look the best, or on the opposite end of the spectrum, a well-planned out sleeve (or something else on a larger scale).
 Renegade-NC
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/10/2006 10:03:52 PM
Searching4Something woke up a resting giant... and I was in such a peaceful sleep. Upon scanning this forum (for the first time in a couple months) I notice that there are still many folks who are low-class, unoriginal, dimwitted and unable to even write a simple sentence.

I guess most of the high class people are on Match.com or other pay sites. As for myself... I'm just here for the laughs.
 Trying2FindU2
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/12/2006 1:23:34 PM
Personally, having two of my own, I can not fault any woman for wanting a little art to make her stand out. I especially like it when they have some on their lower back. It is extremely sexy...
 who_the_fox
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/12/2006 9:12:17 PM
I think my first one is going to be a great big

IDIOT

right across my forehead
 baldfisher
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/12/2006 9:31:16 PM
Let's say for example, I'm on a beach and I see a group of people heading my way and I notice one of them still looks dirty from the sand or somethin, as they get closer I can plainly see that that person has many tattoos but.......still looks dirty to me.

Don't mean to offend anyone
 kawi-rider
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/15/2006 2:28:53 PM
Tattoos add nothing to God's most glorious creation, the female human body.
 Renegade-NC
Msg: 117
Posted: 6/18/2006 10:08:25 PM
Tattoos are for the weak-minded, unoriginal and low-class individual. I thought I had clarified this in Message 377. However, some of you folks can't comprehend things... so let me ask you a question: Where do you find your local tattoo parlor?

Last I checked you won't find 'em in an upscale mall. Seen any in the Florida Mall lately? How 'bout Scottsdale Fashion Square... or the Perimeter Mall? Nope... 'fraid not. You're just gonna have to go to a rundown strip center to find one... usually next to a Check 'n Go, laundromat or pawn shop. Sorry folks, this is reality; not my opinion.
 jenmom
Msg: 118
Posted: 6/19/2006 4:49:49 PM
I've seen some ugly ones, and I've seen some that are absolutely beautiful. My sweetie has three - one I could do without (and he said it was the most painful) - 2 dragons and the green man. The green man means the most - it was his way to come out of the closet and let people know he is pagan.

I would like to get something on my lower back, but not sure. He said it would be nice, and supports my thoughts. One of my friends had a fairy on her lower back, and although too big for my taste, is beautiful.
 Queen_Mab
Msg: 120
Posted: 6/22/2006 10:49:16 AM
I'm 35 and working on the design for my first tat, something fairly original that is a representation of me and how far I've come in my life.

Tats on others? It all depends on the person and their attitude. I see some men with tats and think "OMG! what WERE they thinking" and others I appreciate as an extension of the man's personality.
 Renegade-NC
Msg: 121
Posted: 6/24/2006 8:47:48 PM
Sorry folks... I generally only read this forum on weekends. I would like to respond to some of you individually (in the order of your post).

Jenmom (Msg 447): Cool kitty pic. I have one that looks just like it; picked it up as a stray in front of my house.

Clementi (Msg 448): I never called "teaching" a low-class profession. Please see my message 377 on page 16 for clarification. Teaching is an admirable profession and one of the most sorely underpaid. I make 4x the salary as an engineer, otherwise I'd love to be a HS math teacher.

Catsmuze (Msg 451): No dates from this website: too many "tattoo-like" ladies, I guess. I gave up long ago. (Now I'm just here for the show.) However, many dates from a popular "paid" website.

Rainskiss (Msg 452): I don't know what tattoos cost, but I see alot of low-income-looking people with 'em (as well as a cigarette between their fingers, but that's another topic). So if they are spending a high percentage of their disposable income on this body graffiti they are even dumber than I thought.

Once again folks, I challenge you to name any mainstream mall with (say) Victoria's Secret, Borders or Macy's that also has a tattoo parlor. I'm waiting... Also, did any of you happen to see the show Real Sports on HBO earlier this week? They did a story on the prison baseball team at San Quentin. Looked more like a tattoo convention. There's some role models for ya! (Just another reality check.)
 kawi-rider
Msg: 123
Posted: 6/25/2006 5:35:42 PM

Umm, do you think kids get it to differentiate themselves from their parents?

Yes. Hair styles, fashion, music and cultural tastes in our youth are usually in stark contrast to those enjoyed by our parents. "Extreme sports" fall into this category as well. I really think this has become a generational thing and the next generation will come up with something entirely different.

I would think they get them because their friends have them and they want to "belong" too.

Which pretty much obviates "deep meaning" then, and points more toward a fad. See answer above.

And hey, have you seen some of the tattoo designs that people have on their bodies?

Yes, and not one has motivated me to think, "I want to know this person better." I've never found the style of art often found in tattoos to be appealling either. Of course "art" is subjective no matter its discipline.
 countrygrl1
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/25/2006 8:39:15 PM
Once again folks, I challenge you to name any mainstream mall with (say) Victoria's Secret, Borders or Macy's that also has a tattoo parlor. I'm waiting...

There's one or two in Iowa, one of the few states that has inspections. They are heavily regulated for cleanliness and safe procedures.

Do I have one? no

Do I want one? yes, but I'm still thinking about what I want. An artist here told me to make a picture of what I want, then keep it for 6 months where I could see it everyday. If I still liked it at the end of the six months, go get it.
 Renegade-NC
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/25/2006 8:52:44 PM
Thanks for the info Ms Catzmuze. I'm glad you even thought enough to include the mall's street address and fax number too. I checked their website and you are correct: They do have a tattoo parlor and Victoria's Secret. Now you low-life women can buy a thong to wear before your "procedure" without having to move your car.

BTW... did you get your GED yet?
 rings
Msg: 126
Posted: 6/27/2006 3:59:02 AM
i usually just get the temporary tattoos....
that way i can wash them off, just in case they offend someone...........

cause,sometimes you just need to conform.......... .....
 countrygrl1
Msg: 127
Posted: 6/28/2006 9:06:44 PM

Thanks for the info Ms Catzmuze. I'm glad you even thought enough to include the mall's street address and fax number too. I checked their website and you are correct: They do have a tattoo parlor and Victoria's Secret. Now you low-life women can buy a thong to wear before your "procedure" without having to move your car.

BTW... did you get your GED yet?

-------------------------------------------------------

an engineer, I see from your bio. I bet the only time you would see a thong is when you shop for your tighty whiteys at Target. And heaven forbid, that you would ever get the chance to see one on a living breathing female...

That wasn't on drugs.

btw, more college graduates and older women are getting them then ever before. Its considered permanent art.
 Hockeymom
Msg: 128
Posted: 6/29/2006 5:49:19 AM
Amen Sister!

I have 2 myself....and I didn't get them until I was old enough to know better.

Mine also have deep meaning to them, and they are both on my back. I can show them off when I want to.....or keep them covered.

If a man doesnt like me because of my tattoo....well, he's pretty shallow and I don't want a guy like that anyway.

I think tastefully drawn and placed tattoo's on men are incredibly sexy, but every one must tell a story, or really, what's the point?.
 Sunnshyne1
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/29/2006 9:04:53 AM
I have two tattoos I like: one purple dragon on my right hip which was my first tattoo and three Kanji's on the back of my neck . I have one tattoo I cannot stand - a large purple dragon on my left shoulder blade which needs to retouched to make it look like the creature it is supposed to be. I have three more I want to get and I know where I want them, the only downside is the cash investment involved. I would have quite a few if I had the money for them. I don't mind anybody having tattoos as long as they are happy with them. The only ones I don't like are on the face. I see no reason to get them there....but that is me and of course people have a right to do what they want with their own bodies. To each his own I say. Tattoos are a cool form of artwork on the world's greatest canvas - the human body.
 kawi-rider
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/29/2006 2:35:18 PM
^ Missing out on what? I'm quite happy in my own skin (literally) and have no desire to cover it in ink blotches. If that makes me at odds with the world, so much the better. I have a higher calling anyway.
 kimmie38
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/30/2006 12:20:11 PM
I love tattoos n plan on getting more myself!I only have one on my wrist!I think men with good bodies n tattoos r hot,but too many can be a turnoff!Who really wants to date a comic strip anyway.Women n tattoos r ok,it doesn't make them cheap!But I do think that tattoos on the arms r ugly n too many of them.Women shouldn't get covered,they should be placed in sexy areas where their someone special can admire them!Alot of men find my little tattoo cute n sexy,especially the tattoed men.One of the reasons I got it was to impress a guy that I like who has several of them.I've always wanted one,but he gave me the encouragement to do it.Just cause a woman has tattoos,doesn't make her a bad person.To each his own!!!!
 Renegade-NC
Msg: 132
Posted: 7/1/2006 7:49:11 PM
Simone... you're a gal after my heart. Too bad you live so far away. You are also represent the minority of women on this website. You won't find so many trashy chicks (and men) on the "pay" sites. That's why I gave up on this site months ago. Now just here for the forums... and disbelief... and laughs.
 davedave951
Msg: 133
Posted: 7/2/2006 7:23:39 AM
What I have observed is that women who are less attractive seem to have the tats. Whether it be to overcompensate for feelings of inadequacy in the looks department I dunno. Now some will say: I have seen very attractive women with tats ...... to which I would respond: Yes, there are and you will find attractive women with tats .... I`m not saying that attractive women never get tats but they are the minority and not the rule. Also I have observed that many of the women that have tats tend to be heavier ....which is perceived (unfortunately) in our society as an unattractive trait.
 Renegade-NC
Msg: 134
Posted: 7/2/2006 8:20:59 AM
Dave I disagree. It seems that alot (if not most) of the attractive women have tattoos and/or smoke... particularly younger women... which are now out of my league anyway.

I cringe seeing so many people deface their bodies with this so-called "self-expression." Shows how dumb and unoriginal society has evolved. I call it NASCAR mentality.

BTW... do you happen to watch MSNBC? There's a series on that network called "Lockup" where they do documentaries on maximum security prisons. Probably not for you or I, but a majority of folks on this website can get some great ideas for new tattoos - especially when these convicts take their shirts off. Hmm... perhaps some role models for you "self-expressionists!"
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?