Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Tattoos.......20 years later......visable      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flcntrygirl80
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Tattoos.......20 years later......Boobs.......visablePage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I have 2 small tattoos that are on my shoulder blades. I can keep them covered when I need/want to or show them off in a tank top or my bathing suit. They both have some meaning behind them or mark somethign special. I want to add on to one of them eventually, but that is a luxury that will have to wait in these tough economic times.
 SRQleslie
Msg: 26
Tattoos.......20 years later......visable
Posted: 12/5/2008 6:21:50 PM
We ALL need to throw out all our capris!!!!!

I don't know Hallie.......in YOUR case.....I think the Prince just hasn't seen YOU in your capris.............he would probably revise his statement to:

I've seen three women who look good in capris!!!

Actually, I have recently re-thought my ENTIRE wardrobe! "Toss the capris; and buy moo-moos! According to a post on the thread "average size".......a size 10 is kind of 'pushing it to wear jeans'!!!

aprincelyfrog
Msg: 27
Posted: 12/5/2008 10:10:06 PM
I think the Prince just hasn't seen YOU in your capris

The Prince has seen Hallie nearly nekkid... and even pulled that thing on her butt once!

a size 10 is kind of 'pushing it to wear jeans'!!!

Dont the size 1o and larger jeans come with one of those beepers?

You know, the kind the big trucks have that go BEEP BEEP BEEP when they are backing up?

aprincelyfrog
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/6/2008 5:37:17 AM
Nope, sorry... I just dont like em and especially wouldn't want to see those two in them ... Kathleen Turner is an overweight alcoholic and Zeta Jones has too much class to be caught dead in them! (But thank you for such a shining example of how one beautiful, sexy, classy, successful woman doesn't wear such a fashion abomination)
 stangphilly
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2008 4:47:36 PM
Boy aren't we so quick too judge what people look like on the outside before we get to know what's on the inside I have a feeling that's why there are so many people still searching for that special someone...What do you think tattos or not you will look like in 20 years!!
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/8/2008 1:08:39 PM
And yes, "we" are quick to judge. Tats dont fit my lifestyle or my taste. That's my personal preference, one that as a 50 year old man born in a free, democratic country, I am allowed to make. You dont have to like it but you dont have any choice but to accept it.

In 20 years I will be too old to give a sh*it what I look like and will be focused on what my 25 year old nurse looks like!

LVGSDS
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/8/2008 1:42:55 PM
I have a very discrete tat: a memorial to the 2 true loves of my life. It's upper thigh, only a bathing suit reveals.

They (fashion morons) tried like hell to get women wearing capris in the 70s and we laughed our asses off and wore bell bottoms. Expecting a flood anyone? Capris look horrifying on people. Really! Put them on, step back near a mirror and LOOK for heavens sake. :smilie('')

I heard it's ok for a tat in Jewish reform cemetaries.
Posted: 12/8/2008 4:03:51 PM
I once worked with a guy that had what are called “sleeves”. In other words, both arms, from the shoulder to the wrist are 100% tattooed. Yes, they were beautiful works of art, but completely out of place in the executive environment we worked. I had never noticed them in the office, but as we became friends and did stuff together out of the office, of course, they were quite noticeable. After a while, I asked him that considering where we worked, why he had done such extreme tattoos. I still remember his explanation. “Oh, that’s just something that happens when you combine enough youth with enough alcohol.”

You go, Vince.
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/8/2008 6:56:18 PM
I read a paper that a psychologist I dated had gotten at a conference wherein it was widely held in their profession that once you crossed above 3-5 tattoos you could be looking at a form of self mutilation.
 wolfie34761
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/5/2009 11:06:45 AM

to all the people here looking for someone great, are you all serious that you would instantly over look someone because of a tattoo? and If so wow the great people you have probably overlooked :-(

Mr.S, i have to say that "NO", not all people would instantly over look someone due to tattoos....... at least i wouldn't. i just found an old friend who i had not seen in 20+ years and we have started what i hope to be a long term relationship.......... he has a lot of tattoos, some tribal stuff, his X's name, and even one in my LEAST favorite place for a tat, around the neck........... but the power of his personality and the gentleness of his soul are far more attractive than "skin deep" tattoos. would i prefer that he didn't have them on him ? probably, some of them........... but does the fact that he has them deter me from wanting to have a relationship with him ?? Not at all......... and to respond to your other question:

who here is the same person at 30 that they were at 20 ?

we just had a conversation about this.... he wondered out loud why we never dated before...... how things would have been different in both our lives had we gotten together way back then. to which i replied......... " i was not 1/10 the woman THEN that i am NOW." i know i am a totally different person now due to the circumstances of my life.......... what i wanted then for me, for my life, for my family.......... all that has changed over the years. i am the strong, independent woman that i am today because of the good things and the BAD things that have happened to me over the years. we are all products of our environments. the question is have we learned any thing???

Jerry Seinfeld said in an interview with Oprah magazine that " we grow from impulsive to thoughtful over the course of years". what a profound statement from a "funny man". so what we think is "cool" at 20......... may not be so cool at 50!!

and yes, i have a tat on my "back side" that i wish i had never gotten.............but at least it's not in a visible spot!!

for now, i have pulled my "bait" outta the water and i am only here for the forums, but for the rest of ya, happy fishing !! Wolfie
 SRQleslie
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/5/2009 11:54:16 AM

for now, i have pulled my "bait" outta the water and i am only here for the forums, but for the rest of ya, happy fishing !! Wolfie

Wolfie, that is WONDERFUL.......................Best Wishes!!

I probably wouldn't 'dismiss' someone BECAUSE of a tatoo, but I have to admit I do not find them attractive! I think some of them are incredibly ARTISTIC......I'd just rather look at the art on a canvas!!

wolfie34761
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/5/2009 10:28:39 PM
well said, halliecat, and point taken.......... as a whole, i DO like tattoos, (mostly on men, on women, not so much) so i am sure that it won't be a source of friction in the future. it's not so much WHAT it is as WHERE it is........... of course, it would be rather uncomfortable to have people calling me by his X's name because they assume i am HER since her name is on his body.................lol............ so those, i could do with out...........

thanks for you HO.......... and thanks SRQnat............ for your best wishes.............. happy fishing!!

Wolfie
 LatinLadyToo
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/9/2009 6:01:13 AM
I love tattooes, have always being attracted to a man with tattoes. It's amazing, they R artists. I got one in memory of my brother, which I love to show to anyone. The artist took a picture that I had given him of my sister's tattoo and reproduced it. I just love it! That's me!
 aintold
Msg: 41
Tattoos.......20 years later......Boobs.......visable
Posted: 3/21/2009 11:27:32 AM
I kind of like the ones women can wash off. Get what you want, where you want, and when your tired of it get a different one. I really do like belly button rings though
 justnancy
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/21/2009 11:50:56 AM
I have no tattoos at the moment, however I am planning on one.

A family crest. My sister and her children (they are all over 25) plan on getting a family tattoo, a crest so to speak, we have decided on a Celtic cross, about 2.5 inches, we just haven't decided where to put it. Maybe the back of the neck, or on an ankle.

We are all going to get the same one in the same spot. We are trying to start a family tradition, the cross is not only gender friendly but has personal meaning to us. Each of us plans to put our own childrens' first names next to it. Then pass the cross onto our children.

My nephew and other niece may join in(form my other sister). My oldest niece will pass it on to her 2 daughters and son when they turn 18. My daughters will get theirs when they turn 18.

On my sisters 50th birthday me and my nieces are going to surprise her, we are all going down together and getting it, as part of her gift we are paying for hers. We will get an original copy of it on paper to pass on.

Hopefully it will continue from generation to generation , Started by the great great grandmas of Nancy and Trish. Finding family ancestry would be kept by photos of all those with the FAMILY CREST TATTOO!!!

I like the arm, bracelet looking tatoos some men have!
 aintold
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/21/2009 12:26:24 PM
there are so many really cool celtic signs. My favorites are the tr33 of life, and the unending knot. See if the the tatoo guy can add a button, so if someone presses it, celtic music plays.
 justnancy
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/21/2009 6:47:30 PM

See if the the tatoo guy can add a button, so if someone presses it, celtic music plays.

Now that would be funny. Hope it wouldn't need batteries, that may be a painful battery change. I love Celtic music.

We have narrowed it down to about 3 different "unending knot" crosses (there are so many). We may give my sister the finale choice since she doesn't know we have narrowed it down without her.
 MrAllQuality
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/1/2011 3:03:42 PM
I personally prefer to date a Woman who is content with who she is,
and tattoos are an obvious sign, that that's not the case... Even though
they'll never admit to it, it's pure common sense... As for these pathetic
claims of tattoos being 'Addictive' well these people obviously must have
their own definition of the word...
 justnancy
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/2/2012 3:02:47 PM
Shoot just spent a week in NY and was suppose to look at photos with my sister and nieces to choose our final decsion on our family crest tatoo, lol guess we just got busy with other things and forgot.

I personally prefer to date a Woman who is content with who she is,
and tattoos are an obvious sign, that that's not the case... Even though
they'll never admit to it, it's pure common sense...

Totally disagree. First off your generalizing on such broad spectrum of WHY some people get tatoos and secondly that is such a close minded way of thinking. There may be some that get a tatoo as a sense of identy HOWEVER many people find tatoos artistically pleasing to look at so the choose to have them to just as someone who works out for the purpose of having their bodies artistically appealing. Getting tattos, how many or choosing to get none are personal prefrence and by no means can you say ALL women that get them have an issue with WHO they are and that's COMMON SENSE!
 LukeMM23
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/25/2013 1:21:05 PM
"Variety IS the spice of LIFE"

Wow. I've been so caught up in my perspective that our bodies are works of art by themselves, that I didn't think about what you just said. I mean, that's a great argument.

Why can't people just wait for the day, when they have more options, to put a tattoo on and take it off as easily as jewelry?? I mean, these people like this one tattoo, this one image defines everything about them and will define everything about them for the rest of their lives.

We're not like the Mayan. Our average life's span is a lot higher. Most of these people may die at 100 years old. Yet, they act like they'll die at 40. It's kind of weird.
 LukeMM23
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/25/2013 1:26:58 PM
"Totally disagree. First off your generalizing on such broad spectrum of WHY some people get tatoos and secondly that is such a close minded way of thinking. There may be some that get a tatoo as a sense of identy HOWEVER many people find tatoos artistically pleasing to look at so the choose to have them to just as someone who works out for the purpose of having their bodies artistically appealing. Getting tattos, how many or choosing to get none are personal prefrence and by no means can you say ALL women that get them have an issue with WHO they are and that's COMMON SENSE!"

The feelings that a tattoo gives someone, whether it's confidence, security, a feeling of accomplishment, reflection of some past event, they should all come from inside. You should be able to pat yourself on the back and reflect on your accomplishments whenever you want, without needing some artificial reminder on your body. You should be confident and secure enough in your own natural beauty, that you feel like you don't need to cover it up.

What is common sense? It's education that you've picked up through life experience. After you get a shock from sticking your finger in the socket, you should know better than to put your finger back in that socket. Looking at today's youth, common sense went out for the most part, a long time ago. Luckily, some of us still have enough common sense to realize that humanity is not as black and white or one-dimensional and boring as to think that it all can be defined in one piece of art.
 LukeMM23
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/25/2013 1:39:09 PM
"I believe that a person who gets a tat. on a whim, leads me to wonder.......If they are that impulsive on a permanent basis, what would they do in a relationship--bail out or cheat, because it was an impulse?"

That's the biggest problem with this generation. They don't think ahead. They seem to think they're all gonna die young or something. So, they are making impulsive decisions without thinking. It's like they have no ability to be rational toward other people. They can't reason with conflict. That's why there's a big love of "drama-free" relationships. They've been so propagandized that they can't handle anything by themselves, they cower at any sign of conflict. Now, that impulse is coming through in the form of art. By objecting to their decision to permanently put ink in their skin, we're creating drama. They're like children who have the right to walk away when a parent is trying to teach them a harsh reality about life. They stamp their feet and scream, like a teenager who is getting in trouble for something they don't think they did wrong... in spirit. And like a teenager, they are irrational or unreasonable and they can only assume the worst, when someone is trying to do something to help them.

They also seem to have no ability to use their words in a conflict. Like every teenager I've ever known, they need to be taught how to speak again. lol

We're "controlling" **stards by saying anything against their decision to get a tattoo. Sounds like something an angry teenager would say, don't you think?
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Tattoos.......20 years later......visable