Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 41
Do you think your best is ...Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I think every *now* I've ever had was the best and most. As long as I have a *now* I expect it to be the best *now* ever. . . . And since my now *nows* include all my past *nows* I think it shall be so. . . .

*mae* flowers
Msg: 43
Do you think your best is ...
Posted: 12/6/2008 1:45:56 PM
Was going to e-mail you to see how you made out on ebay oldfolkie but I see that you've done well...now you can go ahead and serenade the ladies with all your sweet sounds....the best is yet to come

...maeflowers
 still_hope
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/6/2008 3:47:25 PM
This is an interestiing topic.....appreciate reading all the posts....

Yesterday is a memory....Tomorrow is a promise.....so the best is now in the present...

just my vote....
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/6/2008 4:19:46 PM

There are so many firsts that can never be duplicated...I just can't see having the best ahead of me when there are so many "bests" already behind me...which again isn't necessarily a sad thing in my opinion...it just is.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean oldsoul....I have thought about all those "first" many times over the years...and shared some of those warm memories. My daughter loves to hear the stories, my first crush, my first kiss....how I met her dad, what it was like falling in love for the first time.

But some of those firsts, you just don't share.......like my first orgasm, which like you wasn't the first time I made love, it didn't happen for me until I was in my thirties ...But it happened, better late than never.

...maeflowers
 SandraB56
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/6/2008 11:56:52 PM
still to come. I have been through my worst and come out the other side, tempered like a blade of steel. I have backbone and strength of purpose and know what I will let go by and that which I will not. My daughters are grown up, happy and gainfully employed and a credit to me. My divorce hurt but only as it seemed I had failed - yet when one is doing all the giving and the other is doing all the taking, it is not equal and some one is bound to get hurt and feel a failure. However through all of this, I have learnt and perservered and got on with my life knowing that if all I had to depend upon is me then so be it. Karma has been good to me as I have been to others and I am certain one day I shall meet my other half and be fulfiled and completely happy. Until then I strive to be the best I can be and hurt no one and go along with a smile on my face. Sandra.
 safn1949
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2008 9:49:33 AM
The thing of it is,you never know. oldsoul,you have some very fond memories of the things that were the best for you.

But you just never know what will happen next,same for you maeflowers. Someone may come along and rock your world, it happened to my dad at 70.

I also have some beautiful memories of the past,I have seen and done some amazing things and been to places that will take your breath away.

But tomorrow ,something might happen to make that all pale by comparison.........you just don't know.And that's what's so groovy about it(yes,I said groovy)
 SueCat51
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2008 5:34:04 PM
I'd like to think that my best is everyday. For me, every day is about the celebration of life. Do I mean that my life is perfect? Hell no, but I live it to the best of my ability. I'd like to think that what I put into life is what I'll get back. Therefore, I believe in putting in my best.
 ernstt
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/16/2009 3:52:59 AM
there have been some bestest moments, there will be more bestest moments,
the best test is are you shaking with excitement or not
 LuvTravl
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2009 2:05:20 PM
My best is...right now.
 jackster121
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2009 2:08:54 PM
Good question.
I would say both behind me and ahead of me. In my youth I had qualities and traits that made me the best for that time. In my current years I have age, maturity, wisdom and peace. So I am at my best now for where I am.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/16/2009 10:18:00 PM
If I was a book, I'd be a torrid pageburner right up the last chapter.
:-)
 Gaddflye
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/17/2009 7:17:04 AM
Life is a series of "bests" if one is really living his life. As we go through life new "bests" keep happening.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 7:43:32 PM
I'm not saying this to be gloomy ... but ... FINANCIALLY, I have to assume this past 2008 was probably a far better year than 2009 looks to be (I just took a HUGE cut from a 40-hour week to a 25-hour week with financial reimbursements to match) ... BUT ... 2010 could be even BETTER than 2008 ... financially ...

ROMANTICALLY ... the best has GOTTA be yet to come! it's gotta be on its way! and I can barely wait! I'm really anticipating a "best romantic moment" any time now ... any moment!! wait! was that the phone? hmmm ... ok ... not ... maybe in a few more minutes! but I'm alert ... looking and listening, waiting, hoping!

family-wize, it's been just about the best it could possibly be from the very beginning continuing thru today ... there were rough patches but the sun was always shining somewhere in my family life ... and the fact that I was a key player makes me smile ... that I assisted my children to have happy childhood memories! I'm glad I was able to be an instrument in the orchestra of my family's life ... there have been so many "BEST" moments in my family's life! I hope we all continue to make beautiful music together for a very long time ...

Molly
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/19/2009 9:57:23 AM
To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/15/2011 7:56:21 PM
I love the opening sentence on this poster's answer...." I believe the best wil find me when I leave the rest behind me..." Personally, I believe the best is yet to come. I've made a lot of dreams come true in the past, but I've got TONS more to make happen in the future, too. I still believe, to quote Danny Gokey," My best days are ahead of me. Age ain't nothin' but a number, sometimes i have to wonder, what does it really mean? Hey, I'm still putting it together, I keep getting better (and) if I keep getting better, I can be whatever I want to be....". Sure, I have days I'd LOVE to relive over and over again........... and days I 'm just as glad can't EVER come back again, ,just like other people do. I also believe life is what you make it........I'll make mine WONDERFUL, if you please.
 pretzelman60
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/16/2011 1:11:56 PM
My best was over since 1984. It has been downhill ever since. You can note in my profile that I am less than average. After 1984, my life and my happiness took a spiral. And it has only been recently that I have come to that conclusion. I believe a song puts this in perspective. "Are the best of the good life behind us now, are the good times really over for good" I say yes.

This is why I only want to date. I have desire to drag anyone down with me. Karaoke is the only thing that really makes me smile anymore.

O.K.. so I've depressed you enough. But I always say, don't ask if you don't want to know.

JMO
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >