Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Religion - The universe is NOT 6,000 years old.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VVendy
Msg: 6
Religion - The universe is NOT 6,000 years old.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Any opinions? MO is God made it and he can call any time frame he wants a day. Thoughts? MT is this world and every proton in it is held together by Gods word and will. Idea's? Intelligent design is more than a way for Ben Stain to make money. Comments? very interesting have you seen the How Great is our God video? It is awesome.
 pappy009
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Religion - The universe is NOT 6,000 years old.
Posted: 12/22/2008 8:39:51 AM
Well if its intelligent design....then it was implanted in the First Living Cell in the beginning.....and not from lightning hitting a puddle or some cave germs that seem just to happen...there is a design to the cell...if you want to go back far enough....the Clay...
 scorpiomover
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2008 9:48:50 AM

So I can't use science to prove religion wrong without it being in the religion section?
Not unless you can do it scientifically, 100%. But nothing in science is 100%, and that is part of what defines science. So it's impossible to do what you want to achieve, and is just a religious opinion, and so it belongs in the religion section.
 VVendy
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/29/2008 10:50:43 AM
If 1000 years to us is as a day to the lord and the Jewish year is 360 days long from the time God created light to the time all of the stars were set in the pattern they had at the time of man would be much longer. So according to the way I read my bible the universe was about 1803600000 man level years old on the 6th god level day when God created man and started the days of man. If I'm not right it will not keep me out of heaven as it is not a piont of salvation. My salvation rests upon belief that it was made by a God who cares about it and the role I play in it. Others may believe the universe made by someone just for the fun of it or in a dream state or no one made it that it just happened by random dumb luck.
 VVendy
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/29/2008 12:28:49 PM
That is why I said. "Others may" you may or may not. Understand? Too bad you do not believe in a God that can make a whole Universe caring for you. Not my problem I do not feel sorry for you as I believe if my God wanted you to believe in Him He would give you faith. As I read it faith is a gift from God.
I wonder at other belief systems I would love to ask an atheist. "Does a tv assemble itself and come on in your universe?"

I thought salvation rested on other details, but that is just me. I didn't know I had to swallow the bait, hook, line and sinker. I thought I just had to believe certain things, and figure out the rest. I thought I just had to harvest the wheat, and burn the chaff.
 VVendy
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/4/2009 2:50:19 PM
How cute. You're mad necause I believe you can believe what you believe without my approval. I'm not Sid Roth it is not my road. I was raised Agnostic. I studied a lot of things before I became a Christian and the way it happened for me was very personal. It was a one on one meeting. That is why I say My God just like I say My Mom or My Dad.
I do not know why everyones walk is different but if I lived forever I'd want veriety too. The piont of creation was to have fun. He made the Universe because He could. My God is the God who gave a town hemmriods because they annoied him. He sings over me and laughs with me. My God is fun and loves me with no strings attached. He knows everything so I can reason with Him. One day I was short so He told me to walk cash just started flying at me from three sides as the wind whipped it from the ground and plastered it on my legs. Once it just appeared in my pocket. Now I have steady work but it is so much fun to buy a gift or give a person cash out of the blue because I know my God has me covered 'cause in my Universe He made every atom and partical.
I know you live on the same Earth I do but your view of it is so different it may be said they are not the same planet. No to views are the same ask anyone who has studies Criminology
 hemifear
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/18/2009 9:53:23 AM
Believing the earth is 6000 years old is akin to believing that the distance from NY to SF is 27 yards....that's how far off fundies are from known scientific data.

The ice caps at the north and south pole show layers of precipitation WELL over 60K years nevermind 6K.

We see light from stars that are millions of light YEARS away.

The oldest living tree is around 8K years old. etc
 freetime2bme
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 5:32:37 AM
"the earth has been inhabited by man for 6000 yrs"

If you believe man has only been on the earth for 6000 years, you have your blinders on. That is the way religion works, keeps the blinders in place. That is why those of us with a mind and that are able to look at facts and question ideas, truely hate religion. It slows mans understanding of what is real.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2009 9:10:53 AM
RE Msg: 31 by freetime2bme:
If you believe man has only been on the earth for 6000 years, you have your blinders on. That is the way religion works, keeps the blinders in place. That is why those of us with a mind and that are able to look at facts and question ideas, truely hate religion. It slows mans understanding of what is real.
I've known a lot of hateful people. But they have consistently shown that not only did they hate things like religion, but equally had innate hatred of others who were non-religious, and were polite and respectful to all, but simply did things differently to them, and would only not describe hating those people who fulfilled their personal desires. It is thus my view that hate is born out of intolerance, and a desire to control others.

Those who wish to benefit humanity, however, understand that to help others grow, one must understand them, and truly empathise with others, to such an extent, that they would say that had they grown up with slightly different experiences, they would embrace the views of others, and would still give them equal respect to their own views. You cannot make someone change their mind, by forcing them, for all that does, is just make them angry that you are trying to control them. All that you can do is to respect all, and be a shining example of peace and happiness.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Religion - The universe is NOT 6,000 years old.