Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Women/Men Who think you are HOT.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dr_Evil*
Msg: 26
Women/Men Who think you are HOT.Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
including a recently new friend Dr. Evil...

You ARE hot, darling!

I noticed that the women who think that I am hot today; have changed from yesterday.

I am guessing that this is just another option for people to explore, besides just looking at their matches.

Unless those that thought I was hot yesterday, don't think so today.

;-P

thumper*
Msg: 27
Women/Men Who think you are HOT.
Posted: 12/5/2008 6:22:43 PM
me too doc^^^

and I have a pic of my bf and I on here...so go figure.

Maybe they think he's hot...hmmm

Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2008 6:50:03 PM

I noticed that the women who think that I am hot today; have changed from yesterday.

good thing is we are allowed to change our minds...bit of excitement is good
 Knottttyboy
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/5/2008 6:59:34 PM
Yesterday... I was hot.... 18 of them on there... and over night I became Un-hot ... It says there is not enough data... but there was yesterday.,..they must have read my profile..
 Gordasitgets
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2008 8:09:19 PM
Well mine are all local to me. Oddly it seems most of the girls that seem to think I am hot, are currently in a relationship.
 Xavery
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/17/2008 8:24:58 PM
I think it is good that POF switches up your hawties on a daily basis. I would really like to know to who POF is telling that I think they are hawt and that way I could confirm or not or at least live with it.
 Wind Chimez
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/17/2008 8:31:22 PM
So where do you vote if someone is hot, not that I intend to try.. Just don't see the option anywhere on the site..

I don't like my chocolate bunnies hollow even though they look good enough to eat. It's the same with men, there has to be some filling (not sawdust) between the ears besides being attractive on the outside.
Hot on this site means you are usually in hot water...
 XHTML
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/17/2008 8:37:18 PM
I don't see any change.
There is still one woman from Alberta.

Guess I'm just not hot enough.
 Halokitty™
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/17/2008 8:39:03 PM
You know, I really didn't need that button to KNOW I'm hot - but, it's nice all the same.
 You go first
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/17/2008 8:39:28 PM
This is so cute. I just assume everyone I meet thinks I'm hot. or haaaawwwt.

Those that don't just haven't met me yet.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/17/2008 8:52:58 PM
Now when I click the "Viewed Me" of my profile I see a new link "New Search ----- >Women Who think you are HOT."
New Search ----->Women Who think you are HOT, and on that Page ---> Girls you may think are hot!!!.

The Admin hasn't given much Information on these 2 Links.

Possibly Users who have looked at your Profile more than once, and matching up with your Profile Settings. Anyone's Guess how it works.

I've seen one of the profiles before for she lives in the lower mainland. Of the remaining 17 two are Ontario and the rest in the USA or the United Kingdom. ... I don't see any change.

He is probably still fixing/tweaking it.
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2008 10:26:57 PM
^^ would be nice if all the tweaking will be done in time for Santa to know which boy or girl to drop of under whose tree and not forget the present wrapped with bows and bells on
sure hope admin also includes each of our private personal preferences in the fixing...
 Ticketoride
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/17/2008 11:46:52 PM
^^ would be nice if all the tweaking will be done in time for Santa to know which boy or girl to drop of under whose tree

In my Case ... they get addicted to the beautiful Scenic Video on my Profile, hence all false Positives ...

Maybe the "New Search ----- >Women Who think you are HOT." are matched up by either excessive, or no Hormones in old Goats ...

Give a Woman an Inch of Imagination, they take a ... lol
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2008 12:23:47 AM

In my Case ... they get addicted to the beautiful Scenic Video on my Profile, hence all false Positives ...

suppose that means none get to be under your tree cuz they're all home watching video
ummm reminds me, what about the beau who got the bus ticket on the $ 10000 date , she's still waiting for directions ?

or no Hormones in old Goats ...

wish I could help you here, but in honestly I really don't know how those 'older' women fare
seems they do become rather lively, rejuvenated so to speak upon a lions purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
and that's only sound for imagination
 Little Lady
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2008 12:34:18 AM
Give a Woman an Inch of Imagination, they take a ... lol

How typical, women want more then an inch, and men just don't seem to be able to provide that... hehe

Admin has a few threads on this topic and he has explained what is happening so far. The text is fairly long so I won't copy and paste it. Here is one, but I've seen at least one more by Admin.
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts11360075.aspx
There's been Changes since / Ticketoride
 XHTML
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/18/2008 3:37:54 AM
I get quite a chuckle from admin's statement on msg 1 on that 39-page thread found at the link above.

We auto detect your most alluring trait. Be that your profession, your outlook on life, your personality or the way you look or the fact you love dogs etc.

auto detect?

So we have computer technology analyzing our profiles and photos.

This leads to some interesting thoughts to ponder.

* How long before POF matches us fish with a virtual date? Not long I think.
* Who is going to buy dinner?
* Will the sex be virtual?
* What if the computer gets a virus? Might it be transmitted to humans?
 silky tesoro
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/18/2008 8:00:40 AM
^^^^^^^^^This is a fabulous way to wake up ^^^^^^^^^
I laughed so hard when i saw Spuds emotes.

Thank you for the laughs and the attempt at explaning the deal on the latest feature of who's hot I think we are ALL "HOT"
 Michaelann
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/28/2008 9:55:03 AM
The thing I find really funny about thias feature, is they also have this thing: guys who think you are really hot, who have contacted you.
They were both people that (to the best of my knowledge), I have NEVER heard from, ever!
ROFLMFAO!!

Okay, I went back & re-read the page (it appears to have been tweaked, to provide more information) Thank you, BigFish!

Our system predicts that the following users are the most attracted to you. These users are Men who have not yet contacted you and maybe not even viewed your profile.
We auto detect your most alluring trait. Be that your profession, your outlook on life, your personality or the way you look or the fact you love dogs etc. Listed below are users who are REALLY REALLY into your most alluring trait or group of traits. Now the users who are the most attracted to you often share the same traits, they could all love motorbikes, or all be hikers or artists etc. So don't be surprised if everyone below has a motorbike in their picture or are all bankers etc. We are not filtering these results in any way, you may not find these people appealing in any way. Yet they all find YOU the most attractive or alluring person.

So apparently, based on this info, this is based on some type of predictive software. In other words, it's based on an assumption. Just
because the assumption is made by a computer software program, does not neccessarily make it any more accurate than any
old shot-in-the-dark.

Reminds me a bit, of that "rate my photo" feature, in terms of usefulness. According to mine, I am rated much higher by people (both
genders) close to or slightly above, my own age. And yet, the majority of IMs & emails I get, are from guys between 20 & 30?Also, I
am WAY higher rated by women! Why would women even be checking out & rating another woman's pictures? Oh, never mind! Figured
that out already!. It's too early in the morning to be thinking.
 Merrylass
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 10:54:45 AM
I would be very interested to find out who I find the hottest!
 Wind Chimez
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/28/2008 11:01:12 AM
^^^ me too!
It's a little disturbing to think that someone voted for me in my absence as to whom I think is hot. It's giving the wrong ideas to some peepers and unwanted emails are starting to pop up!

Think this feature is more of a curse than a blessing... nix it!
 XHTML
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/28/2008 11:01:26 AM
Merrylass

I would be very interested to find out who I find the hottest!

Perhaps you see a page similar to what I see.

Your Recommendations - We ignored all your search settings, to get the list below.
Sorry we don't have enough data to give you choices better than random chance would!

The list is blank.
A useless page.
 friendleebear
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 12:01:26 PM
Yup, me too, Tyee. Us attention seeking missiles that like the forums, just don't get any benefit from the new search functions!
 Merrylass
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 4:19:42 PM
Tyee, I have a full list of men who ostensibly think I'm hot. What I'd like to see is the page(s?) of men that I ostensibly think are hot.
 Xavery
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/28/2008 4:32:20 PM
^Now, this is an interesting point! I feel the same way, because if I don't think they are hawt, I would like to be taken off their lists. I am sure the men on my list feel the same way. To me this feature seems questionable. It is like spreading rumours of the teenage sort --- so and so says you're sooooooooo hawt. Well, you get the picture. I am sure the intent of the feature was not to harm anyone, so I will "chill" about it. I think it is attempt to get members communicating (and looking at advertisements. Sorry, sometimes my inner cynic gets the better of me.)
 XHTML
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/17/2009 1:07:21 PM
Merrylass ^^^

I thought to give this feature another look-see.

We are making progress. So now the women who think I'm super hot are all within a day's drive, ranging form the lower mainland to Vancouver Island.

However not one is a local women... and my empty dance card bears that out.

When I click on the link "Girls you may think are hot!!!

I still get

Your Recommendations - We ignored all your search settings, to get the list below.
Sorry we don't have enough data to give you choices better than random chance would!

As usual I am getting ignored.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Women/Men Who think you are HOT.