Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lucette325
Msg: 2
view profile
History
lawyers(good ones) for family lawPage 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I had Randy Woodman through Legal Aid, and he was good -though he screwed up at first and made up a petition for divorce when I wanted a petition for child support. He did fix it up though, and I got what I wanted... however, that was all done -case closed, so later, when my ex went to lower the support, I found out I'd have to go downtown to reapply, present pay stubs again, and pay the fee again. I wasn't willing to do that, so I went unrepresented.

I did pretty well, I thought... just me, the judge, him and his lawyer -in a case conference. It was a bit nerve-wracking, but I'd read the family law info on the gov.mb.ca/justice website, the booklet that I got at Legal Aid, and had spoken to the law phone-in a few times. You should have seen the looks of disbelief his lawyer shot at me (Dave Boyechko, not from Legal Aid). LMAO I walked out of the courtroom with backpay still payable (they'd wanted that part deleted), and over $150/month more than his lawyer had proposed. :-D

We're not done yet though, because when they sent the papers to me to sign, I took another look at it, and noticed that there are 52 workable days missing on his income disclosure. It started on Feb 6, and ended Dec. 15. So, after numerous phone calls, I finally got a postal address, and I wrote to the judge LOL hand-written letter, cc'd (photocopied) to his lawyer, saying I couldn't sign the papers because he'd failed to supply complete financial disclosure as ordered, therefore the table amount we'd calculated was incorrect. I said that since he'd claimed it was full financial disclosure, that contempt charges should be laid. Hey, they say that when you're unrepresented, you'll be treated the same as if you are represented. I guess I'll soon find out. We go back to court July 15.
 SmartAlec
Msg: 38
view profile
History
lawyers(good ones) for family law
Posted: 7/29/2005 6:06:48 PM
Try Donna Kagan with Kagan, Goddard, Chapman, - she is really good
 jroch914
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/21/2005 4:16:03 AM
It must be tough in your situation to get the lawyer of your choosing, BUT I would definitely not go to Court with a lawyer that isn't representing MY case. Each case is different, and should be handled that way. Perhaps there's a counselor at church, or a locaal single parents support group, to share information with. I was a member of Father's Right's Association (NY State). It is a co-parenting group, focusing on educating Fathers, that wished to have a significant role in thier child's life.

It was quite an education, and I heard LOTS of unbeleivable stories about Court. My suggestion, would be to do what you can, to get someone that see's your case, from your perspective. Otherwise, you're wasting time. Check YMCA/YWCAs; local Community Center's; etc...
 RacerM95
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/15/2005 4:40:52 AM
Bayern....
In my eyes there is no such thing as an honest liar ooopps lawyer....
The unfortunate thing in this world Yahoos made it so that we get charged 25.00 freaking dollars for a signature....Might be more now..
Honestly the only ones to come out ahead in Family Law are the Lawyers..Some day go and ask a hypotehetical q of one lawyer,,They will site conflict of interest if one of thier buddies is involved....

When I fired my lawyer, dealing with my separation.. One thing I sited in the letter is
"I am very dissapointed in your lack of communication amongst other things.. I went on to say that If They were in Any other retail Business they would be out of business in a week, What I go t was considered in most cases Bad Customer Service.....

Now we come to the Lesbian Man Hateing Barracuda my ex hired... I went to try and present her with a copy of the same letter that I gave my ex lawyer.. She refused to take it, stating I cant talk to you, I will have to get that from your lawyer... Hey Ditz, I dont have a lawyer I fired the person....

Oh well my rant....
 RacerM95
Msg: 121
Posted: 11/16/2005 5:04:51 AM
Hey D... The only reason, seperation/divorce is so drawn out. is Liars opps Lawyers want to line thier pockets, from other ppls misery... The unfortunate thing Is I have NEVER met a trustworthy Lawyer yet. They make a living out of Lying,cheating.

Oh well rant Pt deux

odlss
Msg: 128
Posted: 11/18/2005 6:48:31 AM
i too have had my fair share of bs from my exes lawyer and the outside influnences that i believe to be at work behind the scenes. i have found out some intreresting info on the law that i wish to share with people who feel the law has something to answer for. being a poor typist i cant get into typing it all out right now. please contact me if anyone is intererested in a possible class action suit against divorve lawyers in general. this suit will not procede with the help of a lawyer but the guidance of an advocate. by not belonging to a society or group ,this individual answers to noone. hey smartie girl, this is the same person i talked to you about before. im not interested in the ex stories as the focus is to be on the way individuals are treated by the judiciary in general. chances are those of you that still talk ro your exes may have them wanting to join in on this cause. a good book to read is the divorce from hell. aboslutly disgusting the games the law plays with people. take care and please dont get ticked if i dont answer right away as im borrowing friends computeres till i get back on line.. shakespere was right...
 RacerM95
Msg: 129
Posted: 11/18/2005 8:47:42 AM
Please send me a note.. Id like to see what you have to say... And I have someone who is very familliar with the law, but is not a lawyer nor does he have any aspirations...
 odlss
Msg: 132
Posted: 11/23/2005 6:44:03 PM
hmm dont see my name there.
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2006 5:57:54 PM
Interesting thread. #8-0 No offence but if you have 4 lawyers quit on you - are you being unreasonable - or is it the lawyers?
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:34:17 PM
Wow pale! Are you a cheap date too? lol Actually good for you - the cheapest divorce I knew about was $800. Maybe your ex cut you a deal on something.

What gets me is that there are large legal firms (and maybe Legal Aid) that finance ugly disputes and then take whatever capital was built up in the marriage when all is said and done. When the marriage is over - get over it. Look after what you are responsible for.

I had posted in another thread an insult that my ex's lawyer made to me. Why do these people get away with their practises? Sorry for all the difficulties that have been posted in this thread. I know a couple of the posters and wish them well.
 smilieisland
Msg: 166
Posted: 9/20/2017 10:37:19 AM
hi every one

can someone tell me if randy woodman is a good lawyer? i have 2 failed lawyers & no one wants to fight for my boys
i need someone that deals with domestic abuse. if you have randy woodman's email can someone private msg me with his email or whatever. thank you have a good day.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >