Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kbodley
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Women and dogs?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You know Huntingals, why is it that all of your posts seem to put "women" into one large clump, and cast them in a critical light?

Tell me something why do "so many men" own guns? Or - why do "so many men" have big vicious dogs? Or - why do "so many men" treat their dogs and their women about the same - as beasts intended for use and disuse!

Do you see a pattern?

The fact is that PEOPLE own pets for many reasons. Where I grew up ranchers owned sheep and cattle dogs to help them work the herds. There is nothing more beautiful than a well trained stock dog working a herd. And - those dogs are loved by their owners! My family happen to be animal people! Some of us own horses, some cats, a few goats, a couple alpaca, several cats - oh, and yes - dogs galore! My mom says when we gather at the beach for Easter, it seems there are more dogs than people!

You mention that you don't want your dogs along when you go camping because you like the peace and quiet of no yapping! Well guess what? If you have happy, well trained, and well loved dogs, they don't sit and yap! If you are a responsible pet owner you get up off your duff and quiet a yapping dog.

Our family is one of the few that is welcome (dogs and all) at the resort where we gather every Easter. This is because our dogs are part of the family. They are well behaved and well trained. They don't bark and yap non-stop! They don't bite! They are quiet and well behaved. We clean up after them, keep them off the furniture, run with them on the beach and love them like they love us!

Frankly, Huntin' if you can't take care of your dog - I guarantee you can't take care of a wife!
 plebayo
Msg: 10
Women and dogs?
Posted: 12/9/2008 2:20:01 PM
Well I have two dogs.

One of them is a dog from my childhood [I've had her 11 years] the other just popped into my life at the right time. I live in my own apartment, alone, and they provide good companionship. The younger one is my bed warmer and protector. Both of my dogs are well behaved andf get bathed once a week so I really see no problem in them being around. I don't take them everywhere with me, they can sleep in a kennel if they have to. I don't require that anyone LOVES dogs, but they should accept the fact I have them.
 LoudSilence
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Women and dogs?
Posted: 12/13/2008 10:11:55 PM
I am the care keeper of two Miniature Pinschers full time . Cholo and Solo add so much joy and love to my life. Part time care of two Red Doberman Pinschers, Max and Zuni.
My dogs are bilingual, Spanish and English commands..
 LoudSilence
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Women and dogs?
Posted: 12/17/2008 5:23:15 PM
Mien Bruder,
My precious boy Solo picked me also, in a most unusual way.. Cholo I picked..
 kbodley
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Women and dogs?
Posted: 12/18/2008 8:56:24 PM
Well, let's see as a person who comes from and "animal friendly " family, and also a "kid friendly" family, I can tell you that you would never be bitten by one of our dogs (except perhaps my brother's idiot - but he's small and annoying and I would totally protect you from direct contact with Buddy). Before you made your way into my bed, you would have already made your way into Nelson (one year old dachshund) and Tassie's (16 year old****r-chihauhau) heart! They would need to have adopted you into our household!

Then, just as one would if they were looking to have an intimate moment in a household with children, the canine children in my household would be sent to their beds in the living room. At some point in the evening, when we have moved past the passion point, and into the cuddling and cannoodling point of the evening, the bedroom door would be re-opened and the canine children in my home could choose to reclaim their spot at the foot of the bed, or not (if their noses happened to be out of joint - which they will eventually get over!)

Can't speak for others, but that would be how it would happen in my house!
 kbodley
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Women and dogs?
Posted: 12/19/2008 8:45:07 PM
Oh, Huntin... I feel so sorry for you!

Yes I do believe that I have the best animals in the world! I also think that I have the best children in the world - and the best grandchildren in the world! I would hope that you feel the same way about the beings in your life that love and care for!

I take my responsibilities in this life very seriously! When I made the choice to bring children into this world, I realized that along with that choice came the responsibility and committment to raise them, love them, train them, educate them, feed them, teach them manners and morals, and all of the other myriad of things that are involved in parenting!

When I made the choice to bring animals into my home and my life, I accepted that I was taking on the responsibility to feed them, train them, care for them, love them, and accept that they would be an integral part of my household.

Should there ever be a man that would be a serious part of my life, my family, and my household, he would receive that same level of caring and committment!

Poor Huntin. . .! In your world it seems you are only able to look at women and dogs as beasts to be used, abused, and put into a submissive position in relation to what you want, feel, and need! Frankly, if the only men out there felt about their women and dogs the way you do, I would stick with my dogs!

(By the way, my mutts don't drool!)
 LoudSilence
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Women and dogs?
Posted: 12/19/2008 10:53:29 PM
Cholo and Solo do not drool either.
Kbodley,
You rock!
 kbodley
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Women and dogs?
Posted: 12/20/2008 9:19:39 PM
Just curious Huntin? Do those dogs that you keep around just for security purposes get to come in and curl up in front of the fire at your place, or do you leave them outside in the cold and snow?

(Actually, just really bored and running out of things to yank your chain over! I admit it! So you really don't have to respond to this one!)
 kbodley
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Women and dogs?
Posted: 12/21/2008 9:59:05 AM
OMG! Huntin' Have you ever read anything except the Bible according to your right wing upbringing?

Women, children, and animals, were not all happy, healthy, and well cared for 100 years ago! Yes there were honorable, caring, loving men 100 years ago, but if a woman, a child, or an animal had the misfortune of being tied to a man that was not honorable, caring, and loving, they had no protection whatsoever. Men a hundred years ago could, and did, abuse their wives, daughters, sons, and animals with no fear of any repercussions from anyone (unless of course there were family members that had the courage to try and intervene - but this was usually futile).

Doctors were prohibited from dispensing any birth control information to women in the United States until well into the 1940's. Wealthy women, those in the upper classes, traveled to Europe to obtain birth control devices. Middle class and poor women had one of two choices - either deliver child after child, or refuse their husband's advances - which was unsuccessful at best! (Not blaming husbands here in case you're wondering!)

Children were the property of their parents until very recently. In fact, it was in the 1970's that the Supreme Court finally heard a case giving children the right "not to be abused" by their parents. Until that time, a child could be removed from a home only if the parent was deemed "unable to care and provide for" their child. But - as long as they could financially support the child, they could beat the tar out of that child, starve them, burn them, pretty much do anything except actually kill them!

Animal cruelty has only recently been deemed a "crime" in our society!

So - Huntin' I guess you were born 100 years too late if you can honestly stand up and say that you think women, children, and animals were better off 100 years ago than they are today! Simply because not every woman, child, or animal was abused and/or misused, does not mean they were all happy in their lot - it simply means that there was no means available for them to change the circumstances in which they found themselves!

The question I would ask is, if you were a woman, would you rather live today or a 100 years ago? I wonder???
 kbodley
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Women and dogs?
Posted: 12/21/2008 1:27:14 PM
I read the Bible and the God in my bible never treated women like second class citizens! This was the result of 100's of years of the church telling men that they had the right to treat women like property, not treasures!

I can't speak for any family except my own - but you seem to equate women's, children's, and animal rights, with drug abuse, abortion, and everything negative! In my family, we don't do drugs, we don't have abortions, and we have more quality family time than most "good Christian" families I've ever known!

I would also challenge your perception that the advent of women's and children's rights prevents parents from raising well-mannered, respectful, productive children. My sons are both well-mannered, respectful, productive adults. I have always been complimented on how well-behaved and well mannered they are. My grandsons are well-behaved, happy, well adjusted young men.

There is a huge differnence between discipline and abuse! You seem to have missed this! Perhaps you should read your Bible more carefully about these issues! Or do you just sit in church on Sunday and accept whatever the man on the pulpit spouts! Perhaps that is the difference between us? I actually read what the Bible says, and don't just blithely accept what some man behind a podium says I should believe!
 kbodley
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Women and dogs?
Posted: 12/21/2008 4:23:35 PM
Woodstar, really appreciated hearing someone to bring us back on the topic.

As for me, I am trying to simply ignore Huntin's postings - but it's really hard because he seems to really tickle the one really raw religion nerve that I have!

So sad that a message of love and forgiveness has been so twisted that it is now used an excuse to exclude and shame rather than include and forgive!

By the way, it is still snowing here in the Upper Willamette Valley and we are getting occasional bouts of freezing rain! Hopefully it will either get significantly better so that there will not be a problem getting to the office in the morning, or significantly worse so that no one will expect me there!
 rusticman54
Msg: 46
Women and dogs?
Posted: 4/25/2015 11:24:20 AM
I won't consider dating a women with indoor pets. I look for NO PETS in the profile and reject the rest.

No Dogs In My Bed
Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  >