Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 2
Why am I flirting with my ex?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Is that her in the picture with you? I say you still have strong feelings for her and not go there. If you want to be friends with an ex fine, but make sure you have enough distance and time between each other so you can do that. Depending how long your were dating prior to your breakup would depend if you are truly over her as you are flirting with her again. Tread lightly.
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 10
Why am I flirting with my ex?
Posted: 12/9/2008 2:20:58 PM

Should I be flirting with my ex?

I dunno ask your self if you are a sucker for punishment?
 2ofcup
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/9/2008 2:57:07 PM
Nothing wrong with flirting. If you still like her, tell her the truth, tell her how you feel You hear it all the time "if I knew then what I know now" well you know now what you didn't know then, she's either going to run or stick it out, in this time you have been apart she may of realized what she had in you.....
Flirt be happy ......TAKE IT SLOW be carefull, lifes too short to do the ..I wonder what would of happened if.......
 haywiresue
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/9/2008 2:59:23 PM
I dont think you should be flirting with her, because IMO she is setting you up to be a good for now boyfriend. I am certain she is having a dry spell with suitors, and when something better comes along, you will get dumped once again. So, if you want to enter a revolving door of hurt and being used.................then go for it.
 2ofcup
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/9/2008 2:59:37 PM
oh....as for why your fliting with her..............come on it's that time of year maybe your hopeing she'll get you a good Xmas gift(lol)

deep down only you know why
 OutMind
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/9/2008 3:52:10 PM
Dude, dude, you're drooling. Stop that. There are better chics for you than her. Girls that don't have to settle for little old you, but that are simply static to be with you. So my advice is to flirt with her a little, but play hard to get, make her validate her sorry a$$ to you and then dump her.

Don't worry, you'll meet better. Unless you keep drooling and being her little olde doormat. Then crawl to her and wait until she dumps you again. Ha.
 yna6
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/9/2008 4:08:37 PM
H*ll NO...you crazy? Bail out! Jump! Run! Git away! Make them feet go!
Live well and allow her to know that is what you are doing and move on!
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/9/2008 4:26:00 PM

Now, she's back and saying she misses me

***oh those crocodile tears*****

smileee4u
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/9/2008 4:29:07 PM
Only if you want to ride the rollercoaster to hell and back. If you really want to suffer ups and downs, go ahead. Otherwise, both need to seek therapy with someone good. Many, many sessions, over a couple of years time. Someone older who understands the ramifications of these type of relationships.
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2008 8:01:27 PM
Why not if you were really into her I don't see anything wrong with it. Sometimes when they come back into your lives things can change for the better.
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2008 8:05:48 PM
Not surprising OP that you still have feelings for the ex. The secret truth that most people never tell you is that men are much more sentimental than women when it comes to matters of the heart. I know in my case, almost any woman who I've ever given my heart to still has a small piece of that heart, and in most cases, if she came back in my life I would do my best to help her if she needed it. Note that I didn't say get back together with them however.

Its only natural to feel comfortable with someone so familiar and fall back into old patterns, but only you can be the judge of whether or not to let her back into your life. No, she didn't lie to you or cheat on you. But from what you've written, she felt like she could do better than you and left you to see what else was out there. For that reason alone I would be seriously questioning her motives as to why she wants back in the picture now. Did she suddenly realize she couldn't do any better than you? Is that because she finally gets what a good guy you are, or because the grass didn't turn out to be any greener for her? Does this apply for good, or will it wear off in a while and she'll once again think she has better options? In your place, I'd give this one a long, hard think, and proceed very cautiously. Good luck!
 LabGrl
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/28/2009 8:32:14 PM
WELL.. I broke it off with my ex fiance.. he was a awesome guy, had barrels of fun we were both fathful but i was sick of him being unemployed and I felt that I deserved better, I work hard for my money, I dont want to support any lazy people and I felt that I had more options (guys) to choose from. Good enough right! Well about a month ago he calls me telling me that he misses me and wanted to work things out, so being lonely myself we started seing eachother again, seen him every day, talked/texted and having sex, then all of the sudden he fell of the earth, I swear! Turns out he got another girlfriend, guess he needed someone to help him get over the 'dry spell'. Now im the one who feels like a fool and got the sh*tty end of the stick. This kind of relates to your story, just make sure that she isnt just missing being with someone, but that she misses you. Hope I helped :)
 Lup
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/7/2009 5:52:57 AM
She dumped me. After 14 months. Basically, I wanted to move on to the next level and she didn't want to give up hope that Prince Charming would show up. There was no cheating, no lying... she just didn't want to settle down with ... or maybe I should say "settle for" me.

yeap, that is painful. i wouldn't do it-- meaning flirt with her. i would just move on.
 Amma63
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/7/2009 6:05:29 AM
~OP~

In a word - no.

Would you chew your food twice?? Me thinks not..........

An 'ex' is an 'ex' for a reason.....................please remember this.

~B~
 mthomjmark
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/7/2009 1:25:24 PM
First time shame on them, second times shame on me.

If she cheated, I would never trust them again. She obviously doesnt' have anyone so she's back to you. She sure didn't miss you the year she was with another guy?

I would move on; you are not over her and she knows it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >