Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 83
He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I'm pretty hot...

but generally my feet are ALWAYS cold. So I guess then... that I am not actually HOT.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 84
He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?
Posted: 12/14/2008 6:14:50 AM

Look at my boobs, I paid a lot of money for these. To me that is low self esteem and low self worth to try so hard to look hot. It makes one look like a fool.

Carrie, and what evah you do please don't get one of those tats on your chest cuz

now that, would be a tragedy!

au naturale is divine...
 lucilou
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 7:24:11 AM
I dont know if I am hot, its up to the person who are with to say that. If I say I am hot I will be judged as concieted and so stock up and most men dont want women who thinks they are hot.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/14/2008 9:49:31 AM

I am just me trying to no one and not trying to impress.

I really only wanna impress myself. If I look in a mirror and I like what I see, I'm good. Other people liking it also is just like icing on cakes... delish, but not REALLY necessary.

Thanks, read-only.
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/14/2008 9:59:21 AM

Does it really matter if someone else thinks your hot?

I want the person I wish to date to think I am attractive. Other people, I do not think about it.

What if You think You're hot, but no one else seems to?

There are many guys who think they are attractive but I do not look twice at. Just the same as me, I belief I am physicaly attractive but no one else have to. Every body have different opinion.

Is it "cool" to know you're "hot" or is that "hot" too??

I suppose, but confidence is more important. A person who think he have great body and face but lack confident in general, is less attractive than a person who have opinion he should lose weight but is still happy and confident person.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/14/2008 10:20:47 AM
Life is too short for hot of not.
The Mirror to the Soul
Is a timeless centerpiece that shines with the brightest Brilliance.
Read Inside Only.
Life is a Casket Away.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/14/2008 10:22:23 AM
I think Cerealkiller (I know you like cereal, but the pun is still offensive when it’s coupled it with the word “killer”, at least to me) is trying to make a valid point, just doing it awkwardly and insensitively. Matt made an equally valid point.

I see this thread is dividing along personal perceptions of "inward" vs "outward" beauty when people view “hotness”.

Look, we all know universally gorgeous “looking” people of either gender will get much more attention in society. To deny otherwise is just throwing out a lot of pc and pretending the dichotomy doesn’t exist. But I can also safely say that people with vacuous, plastic, arrogant, self-superior images of beauty are not at all appealing to most of us. Most want a partner that’s physically appealing (and everyone has their own idea of what that is) coupled with a personality we can actually "stand"...lol.

Just speaking for myself, I’m not attracted to a woman that's gorgeous on the outside but vapid and narcissistic inside -- same goes for many women and how they view men, I’m sure.

Unfortunately, there will always be those that think themselves more beautiful than us mere mortals. They actually believe their own hype, constantly drink up and revel in the all the attention, want trophy wives/husbands on their arms, and go about life as a business transaction instead of a deeply emotional and personal endeavor, looking at a relationship as an accountant would look at a balance sheet (what do I bring to the table vs what a potential partner does?... do they stack up, are they good enough for “my” standards, instead of the other way around?). Equally unfortunate is the fact that too many people of both genders have no problem fawning over and massaging such egos, which only serves to encourage their distasteful behavior even more.

I think these types, no matter how much they “believe” they have going for them, will never be in a satisfying, long-term relationship. Everything’s ephemeral and disposable to them. They will constantly judge their partners and relationship circumstances through very narrow and rose-colored prisms, eventually get restless, and move on to something they think is better.
 *buzz*
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 11:44:14 AM
Not sure if I people find me hot or not but those who do know me on a day to day basis could tell a thing or two on this topic.

What I do know about myself, and don't mind sharing with you, is that I don't mind finding myself in situation - "feeling a bit hot under the collar" and yes, in such a situation I just love to put that exuberant smile on their face too. Besides, it's a two way street, isn't it?

... and what other people think about me ~ him ~ them ... let them think and wag their tongues, c'est la vie.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 12:16:01 PM

The thread was Obviously (if you read the OP as is) meant to be in jest.

Why keep protesting this.....it's obvious to YOU and a very few others.

If people aren't responding the way you wanted them to maybe you should read your OP again......just saying.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/14/2008 1:55:03 PM
if i'm not HOTT i just pop myself into the microwave for a minute or two and viola'~~ toasty HOTT Italian dude!
 TxCougarBaby
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/14/2008 3:41:41 PM
I would rather be considered BEAUTIFUL than HOT....

You got it right Ladydi8!! Beauty is only skin deep - UGLY goes to the bone!
I would rather date someone that is average and loves me to death than someone considered "HOT" that only loves himself.

I have always looked into the person's heart to see who they were - not just the face or the body. I look for kindness, compassion and a willingness to be the best they can. But then I am also one who picks up stray puppies and finds them a home.

The MAIN thing to remember...
Bodies age, passion dies, true friendship in love holds your hand through life and blesses you until death.

peace~
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/14/2008 4:11:47 PM

Sheesh - it was meant as a Parody - the OP was Obviously "silly" - early on there were those who attempted to delete the thread for just that reason: "Nonsense/not English" lol .. y'all voted to keep it .. and then turned it into a "serious" debate on a silly subject! lol

If questions that are commonly seriously asked, is asked in a serious forum, do not be surprised of serious answer. The choise is a) so many people are stupid to not get your joke, or perhap b) comedy is not your strong trait.

(or may be I am only kidding, who know)
 motownmaniax
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/14/2008 5:31:54 PM
Even if the OP wrote this thread as tongue and cheek and didn't expect serious answers, the subject has elicited them. Why? Because to many people the subject “is” serious, since it goes to the core of what many think is wrong with this society – it’s over-reliance and obsession with surface looks and, by extension, status and materialism.

I can yuk up a subject as good as the next person, but something about this thread touched a nerve and I don’t mind responding to it, and I can see by what I’ve read from others it’s touched the same nerve. And we shouldn't have to apologize for it.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/14/2008 8:41:48 PM
I'll give a brief insight about how perceptions of "Hotness" colors one's thinking on wider issues, and not positively, either.

Here's was a brief exchange I just had with a woman that apparently had a different take on my profile (btw, she initiated things, not me; her email came out of the blue):

Her: i agree with most.. a serious player, a freak or you suck in bed... one of the 3 im sure

Me: Oh really....what's your excuse for being single, Princess?

Her: Men, men and men!!!

Me: I see....guess you better turn gay then.

I could say the same about your gender...I can’t begin to count how many shallow, vacuous, superficial women I run across that say all the proper things about what they’re looking for, but rush instead to the selfish, egotistical, shallow GQ guys out here.

You obviously think I’m that type of guy, even though my profile says otherwise. But you didn’t read that far or apparently didn’t comprehend just what I was getting at, did you, and instead made a snap judgment about who you "think" I am and lumped me in with all the shark scum that burned you over and over again. I have NOTHING in common with them so don't frickin' judge me that way.

Next time date smarter, and quit going for all the pretty boy losers that love to abuse women like you.

End of transmission....username withheld to avoid incriminating the guilty.
 Indigo rose
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/14/2008 9:00:09 PM
wasn't me. I have always found you to be one of the HAWTEST males around!!!
Yes, beauty is subjective. There’s nothing more personal or individual than what one
finds attractive. No two people will ever agree fully on what’s beautiful.
I know I am pretty ...what? I deal with it!
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/15/2008 7:45:17 AM

What I do know about myself, and don't mind sharing with you, is that I don't mind finding myself in situation

A most beautiful and honest statement as you are open to share with us in

what is real and good. Your have a gift. ~smile~

and what other people think about me ~ him ~ them ... let them think and wag their tongues, c'est la vie.

To find a open heart is a treasure indeed...
 motownmaniax
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/21/2008 8:31:23 AM
As it’s already been brought up many times in here – “Hotness” means much more than the physical or superficial package.

You could have an accident and be badly disfigured tomorrow? You could base your appeal on income, ambition, and how many expensive “things” you’ve accumulated in life, but can lose your job, have your business fail, or be wiped out by bad investments in a heartbeat?

You better have much more going for you, deep down in your core, to weather such catastrophes and still emerge whole. This inner strength is not based on looks, money, or blind ambition, but your character, values, compassion, and humility.

Most people SAY they have those things, but until you’re actually confronted with supreme tests it’s all lip service.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/21/2008 9:08:25 AM
I'll put even simpler -- The minute you start actually "believing" in all the adulation, attention, and worship of your "hotness", you're done.

True humility is not measured in words, but actions.

I HATE blowhards or false modesty. I have radar for such things and can spot people that really buy into their own hype a mile away, and I don't care how hot they are (or they "think" they are). I avoid them like the plague.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/21/2008 9:46:48 AM
^^^ Beg to differ. It's not "all" about confidence. The most arrogant a-holes I know have a lot of "confidence" going for them, but also suffer a complete lack of humility and sensitivity. Because of all the attention they get, they think they're the center of attention (they "buy into" their own headlines, their own hype) and have a disregard for anything or anyone that isn't part of their own, special, selfish universe.

Confidence without commensurate humility, maturity, and grounding means nothing.

mcbobly
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 11:36:34 AM
In my best Fat **stard voice, "I'm just down right sexy" .....LOL, seriously though, the word "hot" will never be used to describe me unless they're referring to me after I have just finished running after the ice cream man in the summer.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 110
Hot is an Inside Job - NOT about the Surface Illusion. Pot's gone too .. coffee pot!! sheesh .. ;)
Posted: 12/23/2008 1:33:25 PM
OK, after 8 pages, have we finally figured out who's Hot?

All I know is all the wimmens in this thread are Smokin' Hot.....I need to do some road trips.

Hope everybody in the colder climes is keeping warm.
 dickwaad
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/24/2008 5:49:42 PM
[Does it really matter if someone else thinks your hot?
What if you don't believe it?
What if You think You're hot, but no one else seems to?
Is it "cool" to know you're "hot" or is that "hot" too?? ]

WHAT?! lol
it's fine if she doesn't think so as long as she lets me think so cuz if i think so then she doesn't really need to think so, as long as she's not too down on her-self, cuz then it's like; i don't think so!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 115
Hot is an Inside Job - NOT about the Surface Illusion. Door prizes are all gone. :devil: ..
Posted: 12/25/2008 12:42:45 PM
Happy Holidays to all. Oh, and don't eat too much (I already did )

Mo
 c_deacon
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 1:21:52 PM
I am usually hot when the temperature inside me is that much greater than that on the outside........

OT........There are many that know that they are decent looking and able to attract others that think they are as well........but........knowing it, and acting accordingly, are two very different issues.

There are some that think they are much more than they are, and work very hard at building themselves up on the put down of those around them. There are others that know they are decent looking, but prefer to let their personality and style lead the cause, not their looks, and then there are those that will work very hard to fit in, no matter the situation, and prefer actions to be their guide, not just their looks.

A good looking car with no engine will get you as far as only those that pass you by, while a good looking car with a well tuned engine, will get you much much further along........and........the real key, is who, and what is driving that vehicle in the first place.........

Just my opinion.......
 snowstorm22
Msg: 118
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:01:58 PM
hot is a word invented by high schoolers.
shouldn't be used by adults
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >