Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 151
He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Sheesh - it was meant as a Parody - the OP was Obviously "silly" - early on there were those who attempted to delete the thread for just that reason: "Nonsense/not English" lol .. y'all voted to keep it .. and then turned it into a "serious" debate on a silly subject! lol

If questions that are commonly seriously asked, is asked in a serious forum, do not be surprised of serious answer. The choise is a) so many people are stupid to not get your joke, or perhap b) comedy is not your strong trait.

(or may be I am only kidding, who know)
 motownmaniax
Msg: 152
He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?
Posted: 12/14/2008 5:31:54 PM
Even if the OP wrote this thread as tongue and cheek and didn't expect serious answers, the subject has elicited them. Why? Because to many people the subject “is” serious, since it goes to the core of what many think is wrong with this society – it’s over-reliance and obsession with surface looks and, by extension, status and materialism.

I can yuk up a subject as good as the next person, but something about this thread touched a nerve and I don’t mind responding to it, and I can see by what I’ve read from others it’s touched the same nerve. And we shouldn't have to apologize for it.
 read only
Msg: 153
Posted: 12/14/2008 5:41:03 PM
"And we shouldn't have to apologize for it."

I agree. These forums are for opinions and if one cannot handle sombody elses opinion, that is their issue.

I can care less what she looks like if she is not a good person.
 aquarita
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 6:39:29 PM
Cereal Killer...Bingo!!! AGAIN!!!!
this wicked woman I know...(me) thinks the way your mind works is hot, hot, hot...and so...kiss,kiss, kiss!!!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 155
Posted: 12/14/2008 8:41:48 PM
I'll give a brief insight about how perceptions of "Hotness" colors one's thinking on wider issues, and not positively, either.

Here's was a brief exchange I just had with a woman that apparently had a different take on my profile (btw, she initiated things, not me; her email came out of the blue):

Her: i agree with most.. a serious player, a freak or you suck in bed... one of the 3 im sure

Me: Oh really....what's your excuse for being single, Princess?

Her: Men, men and men!!!

Me: I see....guess you better turn gay then.

I could say the same about your gender...I can’t begin to count how many shallow, vacuous, superficial women I run across that say all the proper things about what they’re looking for, but rush instead to the selfish, egotistical, shallow GQ guys out here.

You obviously think I’m that type of guy, even though my profile says otherwise. But you didn’t read that far or apparently didn’t comprehend just what I was getting at, did you, and instead made a snap judgment about who you "think" I am and lumped me in with all the shark scum that burned you over and over again. I have NOTHING in common with them so don't frickin' judge me that way.

Next time date smarter, and quit going for all the pretty boy losers that love to abuse women like you.

End of transmission....username withheld to avoid incriminating the guilty.
 Indigo rose
Msg: 156
Posted: 12/14/2008 9:00:09 PM
wasn't me. I have always found you to be one of the HAWTEST males around!!!
Yes, beauty is subjective. There’s nothing more personal or individual than what one
finds attractive. No two people will ever agree fully on what’s beautiful.
I know I am pretty ...what? I deal with it!
 Larissan04
Msg: 157
Posted: 12/14/2008 10:32:03 PM
lol! this was the funniest post i've read in a long time. thier was a certain woody allen quality to it that i founnd refreshing.

now, i think the proper balance in life is achived when one has a correct estimation of oneself. you do not disparage yourself and on the flipside you don't think that you are better then you are.

many of the problems in the world could be solved if people simply had a correct estimation of thier own talents, abilities, and yes, LOOKS. i have known more then a few people in need of a reality check when it comes to thier intellect...or rather lack there of.

lara
 ~Hello~
Msg: 158
Posted: 12/15/2008 4:12:46 AM
Oooooooops! I stand corrected. Even I assumed my OP was an obvious joke, til I went and reread it. I'll be returning my toaster today. :(

That being said, I do believe beauty / hotness is an inside job and for 'me' humour is a Huge factor.

I know we each have our own opinion and view on what is or isn't "hot" - and we are all entitled. So - I apologize for my silly attempts to have y'all come to my side of the hotmeter. Last thing I want is a world of clones who all look, act and think alike!! That would Not be hot!

Sorry if I jumped on 'your' post, it was rather arrogant of me. My intention was Not to harm or offend anyone... just to have fun. I do see the err of my ways and I am sorry.

A.S.is

ok ok ok .. sigh .. I'll send the pot back too :(
The coffee pot!!! sheesh >
 psssst
Msg: 159
Posted: 12/15/2008 4:17:08 AM

ok ok ok .. sigh .. I'll send the pot back too :(
The coffee pot!!! sheesh >
Well... just cause you're returning your stuff, doesn't mean that I'm going to send mine back!!!

Oh, and I have it on very good authority that at least one guy on here finds me hot... and it is not because I was haranguing him within an inch of his sanity either... that's just a bonus for his knowing me...
 ladydi8
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2008 4:55:22 AM
as fer coffee pots...i think percolators are tha hottest! do ya'll have one of those kind? ifn ya do thats tha door prize i am aimin fer!

cuz i hate mr coffee drips...actually i hate most things that drip..faucets included! they just aint HAWT!

not like things that go psst or indigo colored roses ....

hey girlfriends...long time no see..

ot...hot is like hot does...or is that purty?
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 161
Posted: 12/15/2008 7:45:17 AM

What I do know about myself, and don't mind sharing with you, is that I don't mind finding myself in situation

A most beautiful and honest statement as you are open to share with us in

what is real and good. Your have a gift. ~smile~

and what other people think about me ~ him ~ them ... let them think and wag their tongues, c'est la vie.

To find a open heart is a treasure indeed...
 read only
Msg: 162
Posted: 12/15/2008 1:46:16 PM
"Sorry if I jumped on 'your' post, it was rather arrogant of me. My intention was Not to harm or offend anyone... just to have fun. I do see the err of my ways and I am sorry. "

Being able to admit fault gives any woman major HOT points. Than she has humor to go along with it. Now she is smoking hot.

I enjoy your posts A.S.is
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 163
Posted: 12/15/2008 3:20:23 PM

Oh, and I have it on very good authority that at least one guy on here finds me hot...

Only one guy, eh??

All I wanna know is, does "hotness" hold any monetary value?

If so, I'm off to the pawn shop!

See what my hotness is worth. If anything.........
 witchyplus3
Msg: 164
Posted: 12/18/2008 3:14:15 AM
if hotness held a monetary value, i would be a rich woman ,and i would at least get a date i would think??????????????
 Blue_Note
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/21/2008 7:00:19 AM

If you think someone is hot, but they do not.. are you cool with that?

A guy who's hot and doesn't realize it - I'm cool with that. He's just being himself going through life, unconcerned about his looks, and that naturalness is confidence in motion.

A guy who's hot and can't accept it - not cool with that. It usually comes with insecurities that find their way into your relationship in other, needy (and sometimes manipulative) ways.

And - as has been said before but I agree with it - hotness is an individual thing. I've heard I'm hot and I see pretty, not hot. So if my guy thinks I'm hot, coolio! If not, I don't care so long as he looks at me with love in his eyes.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/21/2008 8:31:23 AM
As it’s already been brought up many times in here – “Hotness” means much more than the physical or superficial package.

You could have an accident and be badly disfigured tomorrow? You could base your appeal on income, ambition, and how many expensive “things” you’ve accumulated in life, but can lose your job, have your business fail, or be wiped out by bad investments in a heartbeat?

You better have much more going for you, deep down in your core, to weather such catastrophes and still emerge whole. This inner strength is not based on looks, money, or blind ambition, but your character, values, compassion, and humility.

Most people SAY they have those things, but until you’re actually confronted with supreme tests it’s all lip service.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 167
Posted: 12/21/2008 8:56:43 AM
This is an interesting one.

Knowing what you are is not the same thing as knowing what you are "in the perceptions of others".

I am extremely comfortable with who I am. I am self confident but not vain; can still poke fun of myself and don't take life too seriously; and yet give myself completely to doing everything I need to do for my kids; my clients and me. I live life with passion.

But some people consider a woman who is confident a turnoff; they assume she must be controlling or hard. Some find it extremely sexy. My build is extremely curvy; those who like curves adore me; those who like model thin don't. I have a quirky sense of humor which some people get, some don't.

So am I called smoking hot by some? Yes (and it is always nice to hear though I don't live for it) lol Have I been also called "just not my thing?" Also yes.

Do I consider myself hot? I consider myself me. I don't care if I'm hot or not. I just know I'm very comfortable with who I am and where I'm at and what I am. That is what I'm looking for in someone else; comfortable and confident without being vain or self absorbed. Just, real.

Hotness does not depend on how someone else sees one. It is more than that. It is more to me how someone truly "looks" at one and sees, not just that person, but how the person also sees themselves, and how they relate in "aura" with each other. Mitchener Out.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 168
Posted: 12/21/2008 9:08:25 AM
I'll put even simpler -- The minute you start actually "believing" in all the adulation, attention, and worship of your "hotness", you're done.

True humility is not measured in words, but actions.

I HATE blowhards or false modesty. I have radar for such things and can spot people that really buy into their own hype a mile away, and I don't care how hot they are (or they "think" they are). I avoid them like the plague.
 Krissy xo
Msg: 169
Posted: 12/21/2008 9:24:40 AM
It's all about the confidence--and confidence in any person is sexy.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 170
Posted: 12/21/2008 9:46:48 AM
^^^ Beg to differ. It's not "all" about confidence. The most arrogant a-holes I know have a lot of "confidence" going for them, but also suffer a complete lack of humility and sensitivity. Because of all the attention they get, they think they're the center of attention (they "buy into" their own headlines, their own hype) and have a disregard for anything or anyone that isn't part of their own, special, selfish universe.

Confidence without commensurate humility, maturity, and grounding means nothing.

ApplePieFacePlant
Msg: 171
Posted: 12/21/2008 10:08:33 AM
Mowtownmaniax makes a great point:

Confidence without commensurate humility, maturity, and grounding means nothing.

As for the questions posed by OP, as far as strictly looks go, I would definitely not consider myself hot. But I do enjoy my personality & I think that gives me something to find attractive about myself. When I walk into a room, I know there are many "hot" women there, but I like myself and make good conversation so I'm comfortable with me. :)

Plus, isn't that what the off switch on your lights is for?
And blindfolds.
And gags. Screaming in horror at one's nakedness really does take away from the sex.
 Krissy xo
Msg: 172
Posted: 12/21/2008 10:11:56 AM
I didn't say**** I said confidence. I get what you are saying but I think you're confusing 'confidence" with****. Believing in yourself is beautiful being**** about it is not. There are limits however confidence (going by what you are saying, in small amounts) is still sexy no matter what.
 newyorker896
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/21/2008 10:58:07 AM
It does not matter if anyone on planet earth says your hot or not. There are women hot extremely hot and they think they are not. So, I am so cool with that. Does it really matter?
 teejayguru
Msg: 174
Posted: 12/21/2008 11:00:22 AM
I agree that the cost of the effort is sometimes incongruent with a person's portfolio.
 mcbobly
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 11:36:34 AM
In my best Fat **stard voice, "I'm just down right sexy" .....LOL, seriously though, the word "hot" will never be used to describe me unless they're referring to me after I have just finished running after the ice cream man in the summer.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?