Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Holiday Meet & Greet Aftermath Photo Thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bayotle
Msg: 21
Holiday Meet & Greet Aftermath Photo ThreadPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Pizza Dude, that may be a good ideal out at the lake next year!
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 22
Holiday Meet & Greet Aftermath Photo Thread
Posted: 12/11/2008 9:23:13 PM
Bay, maybe with some assistance we can make it happen... I have the plans to build a Smoker big enough to do two whole hogs, had a tank a while back but had to give it up as I could not find an old used john boat trailer to make it portable... I'd love to build a smoker and smoke hogs, turkeys, ribs, brats, and with the plans I have drawn up I would even be bale to make bakd beans and corn bread in it... Last time I smoked a whole hog, we fed 350 people, also had hot dogs & burgers, Slaw, chips, and soda... was all donated...
It only takes a few bags of Charcoal, Hickory wood, a couple cases of beer, a bottle of rum & jack, and four guys all night to drink the beer while they watch the smoker... then they cut it all up and put it in roasters, add some BBQ sauce...
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/12/2008 6:57:19 AM
Well, D'Vines started it all....but since Lisa and Vicky worked so hard, they made up for it at D'Vines! Where IS Lisa? Is she MIA?? LOL She needs to use the pic on here, on her profile...Lisa, you got a very sexy appeal to you...show it, girl, show it! That pic of you...oozes hawt factor!!!

Skip....I am ALL FOR IT. If we start working on it NOW, then maybe we CAN do it all by the first warm month of Spring? I really doubt we can get everything donated, but if every participant of a large Strat Party (400 to 600 in attendance) donated just a buck or two....we could MAKE IT HAPPEN. :O)

Great pics, by the way...LMAO! The one..."just one minute"....was trying to REMOVE MY GLASSES! My awesome friend Shellie taught me that much! And Terry is the ? in the one with me....Tony is the ? in the one with Rhonda. :O)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/12/2008 7:26:30 AM
**pouts** Where is MY invite??

She is a thief and a tease! LOL
 Sunniedays
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/12/2008 8:11:09 AM
Looks like a great turnout and fun time had by all.

Hopefully I could make the next one. The pig roast sounds like a good idea also.
 Bayotle
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/12/2008 9:23:30 AM
well if its at my place cant be that many, thinking 10-15 and that's if we car pool!
The lot is probably (guessing) 30x60? Set between the lake and a farmers field!

Thinking maybe a park or something would be better... But think now you're getting into permits and maybe some legal issues

If ya want, get me the plans and i'll see what i can do to help out...
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 27
Posted: 12/12/2008 9:27:06 AM
Moewzie, you are more than welcome to us the recipes posted, I hope the people coming over enjoy them! Warning, My additions and side notes are estimates, TASTE EVERYTHING to make sure you like the flavors produced... I am a cook thus do not always follow recipes very well

Kat, I am thinking between all your friends and connectins there may be someone with a Roaster/Smoker, and I am sure there will be a someone who raises Hogs on POF, additionally, also may be a meat/slaughter house operator in the St Louis vicinity on here somewhere as well? Other foods can all be carried in as in a potluck format or farmed out to fellow POF'ers? I am sure there would be enough people who could make it happen, as far as cooking, setting format, and prep...

Bay, a party that small I could do with my Smoker I have in the basement that I can set up on a patio.... There is a State Park just outside Wildwood that has a great picnic area, just not sure how late we could be out there? But there is camping, hotels close by, and if we are out there all day, I am sure people will not really care to stay late late late?

Lisa is not MIA... she told me she has looked, I guess she is shy and has not posted, so wave hello to Lisa everyone

Yes great pics, everyone! I guess being the Host, I am finding great pleasure in seeing them, I am sure Kat, Rhonda, Randy, and anyone else who has hosted parties knows how it feels to see them?!?!?

HarleyKat~
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/12/2008 9:44:12 AM
Hi Lisa!!! Silly girl...shy?? Got Port, yet??
 lisajs1
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/12/2008 11:20:02 AM
Yeah Kat, you know I'm not shy! At least, not once the shots start flowing.

I'm glad everyone had fun. I know I did.
I'm working on bottling more port right now - hopefully will have it on the shelf next week. I'll be sure to save some for you. It goes especially fast at this time of year.

We all need to party again WAY soon!
 Bayotle
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/12/2008 11:29:51 AM
Having it at my place is kind of like having it at someones house so it cant get 'out of hand' so to say, there will be others in the area that may complain!

Parks have time limits but not people limits... Drinking would probably prohibited..

Maybe Kat can throw in if the Strat would be up for hosting?
Gives us a few more options...
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/12/2008 11:49:00 PM
omg.....Lisa!!! what's up girlie?? I'll work on getting what pictures that I took up this weekend and such you guys. I can't wait to co-host something again ....
 lisajs1
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/13/2008 12:04:55 AM
Heeeey Amber! Good to see ya girl! Gotta tell ya, Kat and Gail are my new favorite party girls! U need to join us... but I gotta warn ya, the shots are a'flowin when we're together!!!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/13/2008 10:24:10 AM
Bay....The Strat would not allow us to host something where we were bringing food IN. It would have to be their gig...and honestly, it would just be another Strat event...a bar gig, in the long run. Blah.

I know that Suson Park allows alcohol, but you have to pay for a license...something like $50 if memory serves me correctly? I am not suggesting Suson Park, but am thinking if that is how they do it, then that is probably how most other state or county owned parks, run??

My suggestion is, to find a campsite sort of place....make it a weekend long (optional overnight, of course) gig where we can pig roast, party, camp, and float! :O) The ULTIMATE camp out! ;O) If we get the pig and roaster, everyone could sign up to bring other stuff like baked beans, salads, chips, desserts, etc...and BYOB, of course.

Oh Lisa...your new nickname bestowed upon you by me, is LethalLisa! ;O) Girl...you are an amazing addition to the POF bunch!
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/13/2008 10:33:50 AM
Floating close to St Louis, from my limited knowledge would include the Meremac and from what I have seen from two springs in the area, flooding on the Meramac in the Spring is horrible.... But I like how you think!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/13/2008 10:59:41 AM
You are so correct on that!! LOL Maybe we won't have much snow this winter (wishful thinking!!!) to melt off into the rivers?? And then no rain?? LOL

I guess the smart thing to do would be to get in touch with Bryon on here, too....he is the river king!

Another thought....Jack had a pig roast for his 12th anniversary gig, when we were there. He might even throw in the pig and roaster if we had the peeps to man it, and brought him a hella crowd?? ;O) Then we could just do a cover...$5 a person, or something??

Sheesh...I am suddenly craving a pulled pork sammwich!! LOL
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/13/2008 11:13:43 AM

I am suddenly craving a pulled pork sammwich!!!

That is what my daughter and I are having for dinner...

I want to canoe the Meremac sometime from Pacific to Eureka but I do not want to put any of my fellow fishes into peril... That would be close enough someone from the St Louis vicinity could attend and go home when the day was done... unless they choose to camp cause they too much
 Bayotle
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/13/2008 1:03:20 PM
Well we have more than enough time to find a place if we're going to do it.
Any way to get an ideal how many are interested in showing up?
Would make it easier to find a location, plan and host it....

Drinking at a park may not be the best of ideals... dont need anyone getting a dui...
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/13/2008 1:41:05 PM
Well, the general rule is PLAN IT AND POST IT...they will come. :O)

I prefer a place where alcohol CAN be an option. We are all adults...and we all know what it means to drink responsibly. :O)

I am one of those sorts who enjoys a cold brewskie with her roasted oinker! ;O)

But it is also why I usually try and have hotel info available, for those who wish to stay over. If it were a campground sort of place, that would be the option. :O)
 Bayotle
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/13/2008 2:02:57 PM
Well if ya gonna do that guess a state park with lots of room would be the best option.

Maybe put skippies float trip in it, some of the guys can go hunt for the pig in the near by farmers field while skip floats down the mighty mississippi!
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/15/2008 3:35:51 PM
Some more pictures have been uploaded.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Holiday Meet & Greet Aftermath Photo Thread