Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex vs. Making Love - How Often?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 textodd11
Msg: 9
Sex vs. Making Love - How Often?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Fine. I'm not going to argue because this is simply a fundamental viewpoint difference between most men and most women. You've once again reinforced that but understand that probably, most men do not view it that way.

BTW, my dad lives in Fayetteville.

This question is about SEX. (Hence the "Sex and Dating" forum.)

For the ladies who can't or don't separate sex from love, let's phrase it this way: How often do you prefer it nasty and dirty compared to sweet and cuddly?
 tragicallyfunny
Msg: 10
Sex vs. Making Love - How Often?
Posted: 12/12/2008 9:18:26 AM
Sex versus love. Unfortunately, there seems to be a division between how men and women view these things. Women have a tendency to interpret sex as love, and men have a tendency to interpret love as sex. I realize this is a generalization and fully expect the backlash from those that disagree, but go with me on this. From this woman's perspective, sex and love are two extremely separate acts. Sex can occur between any two people. Love, that is something that can only occur when the planets align and you find that connection with someone else that leaves you feeling full to overflowing, but starving for them at the same time.
As to which is better, it's all about perspective. If you have an FB that you feel comfortable with, nothing beats "scream until the neighbors call the cops" sex. You know the kind I'm talking about. As humans it's healthy to have the urge for sex. Making love, that truly is the perfect storm, and if that is what you want, and you find the person, fantastic. No judgments, just observation.
Now back to the original question, how often? My ratio would definitely be 5:1 in favor of sex. Not being in a committed relationship, and not looking to be in a committed relationship, for me, making love is too complicated.
 sgent
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/14/2008 3:55:23 PM
I don't know what my break down is. I tend to go with what I feel in the moment. So with that, I don't find the love making needing more planning, effort or investment. I can sometimes enjoy both in the same evening. Hope this helps answer your question, even though I couldn't give you a ratio.
 misshoney31
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/14/2008 5:13:28 PM
I like both when in love and in a serious relationship and both are part of a healthy union. Sex and making love should always be spontaneous, never planned. Planned sex and lovemaking takes the fun out of it. I believe a couple should just go with the flow and not worry how often sex and lovemaking should occur or when or where the should happen. Where and how often sex and lovemaking occur depends on both partners moods. Just relax and enjoy I say.
 _jay_see_
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/15/2008 3:24:47 AM
Lol

I only ever had rough, nasty f-ck sessions, principally cos I only do hookers.

I could never, ever get emotionally close to women, because I'll never, ever understand them. How can you love something that does nothing but confuse and bewilder you?

And dirty sex is more fun anyway!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex vs. Making Love - How Often?