Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 doink 1962
Msg: 27
People Who Root for non-hometown teams:Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
As hard as it is to say I am a homer (lives in Cleveland) and I can't stand people around here rooting for other teams! I say that because if ( big if I know) Cleveland would ever have a championship team these people would jump ship and join the bandwagon! Guess it is everyones perogative to do as they wish though, hell the atheletes switch teams every two years so it makes more sense why fans do as well!
 vbxtc
Msg: 30
view profile
History
People Who Root for non-hometown teams:
Posted: 1/1/2009 11:37:49 PM
I lived in Seattle for 12 years as a teen/young adult, but I could never bring myself to root for the Sonics or Seahawks. I stayed a Redskin fan and also rooted for the Raiders 'cause the Seahawk fans considered it a rivalry. I cheered for the Lakers because I loved watching Showtime, and the Sixers because they had the Doctor.
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2009 9:01:24 AM
Most fans would root for their hometown team or a team that is closest to them. The only fans who root for a non-hometown team are front runners or bandwagon jumpers, fans who love a winner and don't have the patience to cheer for a team during the hard times. They aren't true fans. I'm a Blue Jays fan and in the 70's and 80's getting a ticket was easy, but by 1991 it was very hard. I didn't think it was fair, the fans that were there through the bad times should have 1st crack at getting tickets, but there are too many bandwagon jumpers. Thank God it's easy again to get tickets now because they're no longer contending. I just hope in 3 or 4 years when they improve I can still get a ticket.
 MGMLION
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/22/2009 4:13:15 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan but live in Nashville. I hope the Titans are successful just hope the Cowboys are a little bit more successful. As for our College team the Tennessee Vols I always root against them, Hope they never win another game. Go Commodores!
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2009 6:18:07 PM
Hookme, if you're a true fan you cheer for them even when they lose. Are you going to jump back on the bandwagon when the Lions win the Super Bowl and say "I've always been a Lions fan even when they were 0-16. It sounds like you're a typical non-hometown fan, in other words you like what ever team is winning which isn't really a fan.
 itsme75
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/28/2009 10:26:52 PM
Hmmm living in a town means we have to cheer for that particular towns teams, i dont think so, i live in ottawa ontario and well no i dont cheer for the Senators, or the 67s or even the Riders/Renegades whatever there called

Personally:

CFL - Calgary Stampeders
NFL - Buffalo Bills and Chicago Bears
MLB - New York Yankees and Colorado Rockies
NBA - Chicago Bulls and whatever team Shaq plays for
NHL - Vancouver Canucks and Colorado Avalanche
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >