Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If you had the perfect partner how often would you want sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Apollodorus
Msg: 276
If you had the perfect partner how often would you want sex?Page 12 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

If you had the perfect partner how often would you want sex?

First off you should only be dating what you would consider a perfect partner otherwise you should dump him/her. I want it once a day minimum.
 readthedamnprofile
Msg: 277
Posted: 7/24/2010 3:34:47 PM
I think it has a lot to do with what else is going on in your life. No matter how busy you are you have to make time to make love with your partner or your relationship will eventually fall apart but, expecting people with careers outside the home, a household to run, kids to raise, social obligations to meet and probably some interests of their own outside the house separate from their partner to be available to have sex all the time is not very realisitic.

This is the kind of thing that needs to be discussed before the relationship has progressed to the point where there is no getting out of it without a lawyer. I know for my partner and I, it varies. Sometime we are an every night couple, other times, a few times a week couple, and still other times we have gone weeks or months. Of course that is usually because one of us is away and we have no control over it.

If you turn each other on and are willing to talk about what your expectations are openly you should not run into too many problems keeping in mind that things like health issues, serious problems of some other sort, major tranisitions in life like menopause, a big career move that perhaps has required a relocation that has disrupted the entire family, ect., can all have an effect on libido. Just keep the lines of communication open.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 278
Posted: 7/24/2010 4:01:31 PM
I would want to have sex with her as often as possible Whenever I was horny (which is usually all the time) or as often as she was horny. But if she was the perfect partner, then she would be just as horny as me (if possible) or hornier I would want to have sex with her every way, every day and just about everywhere!
 ktori
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2010 1:29:28 AM
I enjoyed sex immediately from the very first time when I was 16, and always had a strong sex drive. I'm basically horny all the time that I'm not thinking about something else. I like thinking about sex and doing things that make me think about sex. I've been a compulsive masturbator and either gotten into or stayed too long in bad relationships because I wanted sex. For awhile I wondered if I was a sex addict. Now I'm in a committed relationship and my sexual energy is better channeled. Basically we do it every night before falling asleep, again when we wake up, then more in the afternoon if we're together. This seems right for me. I have the perfect partner, and I would like for us to be married.

Actually I think God intended us to be sexual and for it to be a bonding experience between people who love each other, just like religion teaches us.
 Son_House
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2010 1:38:00 AM
Ktori, I feel like the last line of your posting contradicted the rest of it.

Actually I think God intended us to be sexual and for it to be a bonding experience between people who love each other, just like religion teaches us.

You said that you had stayed too long in bad relationships because you simply wanted sex. It doesn't seem to me like that is a bonding experience at all, but rather an urge you simply can't control. I wish you the best in your current relationship and I am glad that your sexual drives seem to match, but if it doesn't work out you might want to consider some sort of therapy for sex addiction in the future. Anything that forces you to stay in bad relationships is definitely not good for you.

As to the main question: I enjoy sex a lot. I'm pretty sure most people do. It has actually ruined several relationships for me in the past, because I like to do it at least once a day if time allows and many of my exes felt like that was being a bit too liberal with it. However, I've learned to control the urges and instead of demanding it when I want it, I simply focus that energy on other tasks until the right time comes along to satisfy it. So, my answer would be this...ideally, at least once a day. However, if it starts to become a problem in the relationship or we begin to feel like we are becoming too physically orientated and drifting apart emotionally, I have no problem putting it off for days or even weeks while we reconnect on that emotional level. Ultimately, the most important by-product of a relationship should be love, not sex.
 Yew4ics
Msg: 281
Posted: 11/7/2010 1:53:53 AM
I believe I'm at my prime.I would love to meet someone with an insatiable sex drive, like mine.
 bilby886
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2010 3:08:14 AM
as often as humanly possible.

I have never been able to test my absolute limits yet, but have been close.
The problem will always be sustaining this action, few men could screw four times a day every day and excel in their career while supporting two kids in private education and a 1/2million dollar mortgage.
my perfect partner would also agree to drop out of society and go "feral" so we have more time for good sex, instead of wasting our time on careers that only benefit tax dept. of stoopid governments.
 MarriedMommy
Msg: 283
Posted: 11/7/2010 3:41:58 AM
My husband and I have sex 2-3 times a day and I'm 42 weeks pregnant...LOL
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 284
Posted: 11/7/2010 3:49:31 AM

My husband and I have sex 2-3 times a day and I'm 42 weeks pregnant...LOL

pregnant lady loves to rub it in !! lol

I'm a daily guy when I am with an average girl....Perfect partner? 2-3 times a day (time permitting) and twice that on weekends....

worst case, 3-4 times per week, once things settle down somewhat.
 whytwater
Msg: 285
Posted: 11/7/2010 6:34:47 AM
Haven't found the perfect partner. Yet. But I'm lookin'. So just guessing about what's possibly perfect. But I do hunger.
 Pilose_Wink
Msg: 286
Posted: 11/7/2010 7:53:15 AM
In a perfect world, I would like to have sex when ever the mood arises, whether that be 4 times today, skip a day and then once on Thursday if that’s what we wanted. I guess I’m old enough to beyond the simple horny stage and prefer the hungry phase and boy do I like spending time at the buffet table!

I guess I don’t understand how many times in a set period of time even equates to anything remotely involved in satisfaction. The quality of “the” time seems more important to me than the quantity of times. I mean just reading these forums; I have seen a lot of people who have had a lot of really bad unfulfilling sex!
 3prong
Msg: 287
Posted: 11/7/2010 11:04:53 AM
Because the topic was perfect partner, not perfect world ... factoring in household chores, career, family, social, community involvement and such ... for me it's not times a day/week but I like to average about 5 days a week. Some weeks would be thin because of travelling for work and such, some would be more full. A day could include once going to bed or 6 times on a lazy Saturday. Realistically there are some days where you just need a breather and watching a movie and getting a full nights sleep really appeals more than getting your rocks off.

In any relationships I've been in, if this falls to the 1 to 2 per week ... do I ever get whinny!
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 288
Posted: 11/7/2010 11:26:24 AM
Whenever we both wanted to...which would be twice a day some days, and all day/night on other days.

Sigh...I miss those days of spending the weekend in bed. That's one of the things I'm fishing for...
 Elgalawaat
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2010 10:09:46 PM
Twice a day. In the early morning and then at night after work. On the weekend should be continuous. May not on Sunday because we have to watch Football.
 Elgalawaat
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2010 10:11:59 PM
[/Sigh...I miss those days of spending the weekend in bed. That's one of the things I'm fishing for...}

Saturday is fine but on Sunday we have to watch Football.
 TravelingLight
Msg: 291
Posted: 11/8/2010 12:37:54 AM
Hmm, that's difficult to tell. If we include all kinds of sex interaction, from quickies to long-lasting ones, it might be several times a week.

I think there'd also be periods when I don't feel like it. That could last for weeks. :O
 gentleplus
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2010 4:59:15 PM
Weekends and vacations, holidays...... 4+ times a day..... with working and schedules colliding 2x daily is workable.... more if working from home.... I am blessed and my job is almost 100% online.... most partners cant be at home with me as well ...so compromises are made
 1eastshore
Msg: 293
Posted: 11/8/2010 6:31:15 PM
As often as realistically possible.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 294
Posted: 11/8/2010 6:53:45 PM

Saturday is fine but on Sunday we have to watch Football.

Elgalawaat, I live in Pittsburgh...we have to fit in the sex around the Steelers games!
 ThinkPink
Msg: 295
Posted: 11/8/2010 6:59:02 PM
As often as possible...
 3prong
Msg: 296
Posted: 11/9/2010 7:59:59 PM
Sorry everybody ... I have a guy friend over that's on pof and was just introducing him to the forums. Was reading through the thread topics to explain things to him and he spurted out an answer to this one I got a giggle out of ....

Consensual
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2010 9:33:58 PM
Actually, I wouldn't want to be with that perfect sex partner again. Out of all the relationships I've been in, there was one where there was an incredible mutual sexual attraction....it was too much to handle. Work suffered, important things forgotten, loss of weight, carpet burns, constant fatigue and genital and lip soreness. I guess you could say we nearly f*cked each other to death. We figured it out once, and we were averaging at least 26 times per week. It took us nearly a year to figure out that was the only thing we really had in common. We were never out of bed long enough to get to know each other.
 Just_Jay79
Msg: 298
Posted: 11/10/2010 4:28:39 AM
How often would I want sex if I had the perfect lover?

Depends on how easy it is for her to orgasm, and how active she is during sex. Typically I'm doing most of the physical effort, so it's like a second workout (when I already spend 90 minutes per day in the gym) - quite frankly I'm physically tired at nights from my bodybuilding workouts, so if she's expecting an hour thrust session solely by MY efforts, I'm not going to want sex that often. 3 or 4 times a week would be fine by me, sometimes more, sometimes less, and I certainly don't need it twice in a day (morning then night) since I like to drag things out in one prolonged tantric-like session.

After that, my lust quota is spent for the day (similar to my gym high), and I'd rather continue doing other productive things / hobbies.
 deerdog1
Msg: 299
Posted: 11/10/2010 6:05:30 AM

perpetually
 Tina002
Msg: 300
Posted: 11/10/2010 5:57:15 PM
as much as possible.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If you had the perfect partner how often would you want sex?