Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has anyone ever been dumped via email?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SICutie
Msg: 26
Has anyone ever been dumped via email?Page 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
well i don't know about you, but i'm peaking. i'm not responsible for anything i do or say. it really is the hormones
 bucsgirl
Msg: 27
Has anyone ever been dumped via email?
Posted: 6/22/2005 1:48:48 PM
SICutie I think I'm just on an upward trend there. Peaking means you've reached the top right and from there on it's downhill? Geez, not for me, sad to say, I mean good to say just hard to handle being single....I'm sure you relate.
 SICutie
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/22/2005 1:55:57 PM
got divorced and 6 months later i was acting like an 18 year old boy. i hope it doesn't mean it's downhill from here! :O
 bucsgirl
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/22/2005 1:58:20 PM
SICutie Heck no!! I have the sex drive of a 22 year old male, myself and I'm a bit older than you! I wish I could shut it off or turn it down at times, but I haven't been able to find the switch!! I wouldn't worry, I think you're still very much on the upswing!
 SICutie
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/22/2005 2:09:52 PM
right on!

now to just find a nice, cute young man to enjoy my sex drive!!
 Passinthru
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/22/2005 6:15:56 PM
Count me in as well. Happened once (email). I didn't bother responding.

I actually think she was afraid she was about to be dumped so she preempted it, if that was case it's a shame- it wasn't going to happen......... I wish her only the best.

Sometimes I feel like the proverbial tortoise in a world of hares..........
 Adam7777
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2005 6:48:34 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
right on!

now to just find a nice, cute young man to enjoy my sex drive!!
================================================

All I can say is where are women like you when need them. I'm a very sweet, decent single man looking for someone like you. You don't have family out near Oregon do ya. lol.
I'm tired of dealing with most of the women I seem to meet here in Oregon. Either ya get the "I'm at least 95% into belongings you buy me & have slept with at least 10 guys a year" or it's the "I'm into the pot and all peace and love revolution". it's very unattractive here to me. Don't get me wrong I'm not a prude, I just like to know where you've been in the past and if you have slept with that many people have ya got some medical to tell me your not carrying something around with ya.

ahh maybe I'm just too picky about things like that. I dunno anymore. just tired of being a loner out there.

As far as the whole dumping someone in e-mail, yeah that's pretty shameless as far as I can see. I'm sure it somewhat depends on how long you've been with the person and how you would be able to reach them in the first place.
 SICutie
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/22/2005 8:04:40 PM
adam - you do seem very nice, but.....if i lived in oregon i wouldn't tell you how many people i'd been with either.

i'm not materialistic, simple country gal here. but i won't discuss my past with you either. if you get involved with a woman and want her tested, i respect that.

let's face it, we all partied we all have a past. i just don't carry mine around with me

pykajiura - i am totally for real and totally thanking god he dumped me! your friend is better off too
 Passinthru
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/22/2005 8:14:54 PM

let's face it, we all partied we all have a past.

-and we all grow from it.

I'm not the same person I was 20 years ago or even the same person I was a few months ago. When we meet someone who sparks our interests we should let the relationship evolve naturally. Attempts at sanitizing (not literally, but some might need it-lol) and fitting anyone into a preconceived mold will only result in one cheating themselves from fully experiencing the other person.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/23/2005 8:36:40 AM
I was grateful for my experience, was visiting my friends that night to ask them, how am I gonna break up with this guy, I ask for some space, he clings tighter. That night, Mr. Wonderful is home getting plastered, not out with his perpetual friends as usual, but home alone. Then at 3 am on email breaking up with me. Fate stepped in and saved ME the trouble, I was so glad to get that email, I laughed at the way it happened and of COURSE he tried to back out, didn't mean it I got drunk....blah blah. How pathetic is that? How happy do you think I am to be away from that?? YIPPEE!!
 Goodguy4U19
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/23/2005 8:51:23 AM
Yes, Haven't ever one, i been dump only once by this gurl all of my friend warned me about, i don't really listen to my friend when it come to relationships, but i guess i should've. But hey she broke up with me and i don't swet it, it's a bad feeling but you'll get over it.

"i'm breaking up with you.
" god she's mean, i know i should've listen to my friends."
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2005 12:01:45 AM
I never have been , but I did it to my ex-wife in a way.

After the divorce, we had agreed to remain in contact occasionally. I helped her shop for a computer, and had this strange experience as I left her that day. As I was getting out of the car, I just saw the "real her" for the first time ever. In one second, I just saw exactly who and what she was. I got out of the car, I never looked back.

We were supposed to trade our tax info, and I was working some long hours to make some much needed cash. It was a long time before the deadline ( it was well before Easter) , and I took a few days to get it to her.

She was ****ing about the delay, and I finally got it off to her. I asked for mine, and ( surprise , surprise) waited weeks. Fairly funny, since she had all the info and it would have taken 30 seconds to do.

I decided to wait until Easter Monday, and see if I was going to get my info. When Easter Monday came, I verified my e-mail. There was nothing.

At that point, I sent her the e-mail I had typed and saved just after getting out of the car. I told her, in a very clear and respectful way, that I never wanted her to contact me in any way ever again - unless there was a legal reason.

After that was sent, I blocked every means she had to contact me - and it felt incredibly liberating. She tried three times to send me something, but it all was sent directly to the trash and bounced back as unread.

That is when my life really started to turn to the better. The minute that email was sent, she was totally and completely eliminated out of my thoughts and memories.

My only regret was not doing it MUCH sooner.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/1/2005 6:23:16 AM
No, but I have "dumped" people via email. I think it has a lot to do with my absolute terror of confrontation.
 memorys
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/1/2005 8:55:08 AM
Not until now,,,kinda sucks!!!
 Madpecs
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/1/2005 9:10:46 AM
hey, i've done it. i diddn't want to be in the relationship in the first place, and it had been a week.
i was in new york, she in toronto at that point..i didn't want waste a long distance call...needless to say, she went nuts and was engaged a few years later to another crazy...i keep turnnig them bad...this was in high school btw, but i might be tempted to do it again- if i ever take on a g/f
 greeneyedgirl323
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/1/2005 5:56:42 PM
i was about to say..has no one gotten one over a text message? this is my all time favorite break up line "well..i know you're looking for something serious and i just want a freak"...wtf?!?! you just want a f buddy...sweet. OH OH! and from a guy here over AIM..."you're not my type..too sexually aggresive"...*blinks* what 20 something guy doesn't like a sexually aggressive girl...hmmmmm...*shakes head*
 hac3011
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/1/2005 6:27:51 PM
I was rejected over an instant message on another service, does that count? LOL
 snowbird1111
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/1/2005 7:36:47 PM
sorta but not really, I left him and moved away and 4 weeks later he wrote a "dear john/jane" dump me email and fwd it to my family and friends but not to me, to make it look like he did the dumping...weird eh
 snowbird1111
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/1/2005 7:40:09 PM
Hac...that "sorta but not really " was meant about my post ok LOL , and yes I would think it counts t0o
 BeachPerson
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/2/2005 10:40:38 AM
Yes and the subject line read: "You may want to hit delete instead of reading this email."
 MsTeddie
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/2/2005 9:39:41 PM
I was dumped by e-mail once.Talk about a loser..The night before, i had invited this guy over for a nice lasagna dinner and he showed up, with his 350 lb 16 year old son, without asking me, if it was ok to bring him.. I overlooked it, cause i liked the guy and just said to the guy, that it was a good thing, that i had made a big pan of lasagna.. After dinner, he said that he had to go to the office and would only be an hour and would be right back after that..I waited and waited, but he never showed up, or answered my page..The next day i got an e-mail from him and by the way, he lived two streets over from me and we had met at another dating site..The e-mail said that he didn't want to see me anymore..My reply to him was, that it was ok, cause i wanted a man, not a coward.. Anyway, that's my little story..
 mcbobly
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2005 10:03:50 PM
I've never been dumped by an email, but that is usually the way I find out there wont be a 2nd date, ok, whatever-coward.
 crazy_ruthy69
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/5/2005 2:28:48 PM
yeah I was dumped via email....was dating him for a year....he asked me to marry him...came down for the weekend and was very sweet and kind to me and my kids...then sent me an email attaching the way I raise my kids and just being very mean...guess it was his way to not talk as he had found someone else...I think personally he should have had the balls to tell me to my face...cowards are so unattractive guys
 mcbobly
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2005 3:30:22 PM
Dumped by an email? no, but have gotten a few "Dear John" emails telling me that as good as the first date was there wasn't enough 'chemistry' for another. Kinda sucks too. It usaly eays something like I'm a great guy and will find a nice lady one day, but it's her not me that isn't ready or whatever, ahhhh ok?
 -Scorpio-Girl-
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/31/2006 11:02:36 AM
Oh I still remember the anger when I read this e-mail. I actually didn't even finish reading it and picked up my phone and called the guy. His roommate answers and says he isn't home...I said "yes he is as he just e-mailed me so put him on the ***** phone now"

The roommate just yells "Phone" and so this guy answers and says hi. I said "Hi" and you could just feel the shock he had at that moment. Then I said "Are you actually ***** serious? Do you have no balls? Because I thought I saw some but I must have been wrong." And then went on for another 5 minutes. He said some things but I was so mad. I was in tears crying afterwards and probably the last few seconds of the phone call cause it hurt. But wow.....I even get angry thinking about it right now.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has anyone ever been dumped via email?