Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Pictures of Previous Sexual Encounters......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Pictures of Previous Sexual Encounters......Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I was having this conversation with a friend tonight.... he was saying how his boys wife saw some pics on his phone of naked women.... and broke the phone in anger.... so the conversation progressed where my friend said that he has pics of previous sexual partners and him engaging in sex acts.... and he doesn't think there is a problem in that.... and that his girlfriend should be fine with him keeping these mementos.... I was thinking he was/is crazy..... and if you did keep them it is something you probably don't want the current girlfriend to see or find on accident.... he stated that he had several "action" pics on his phone from the past.... and that his girlfriend doesn't look through his phone to see them....

I was creeped out by this for some reason.... and thought that I would be not a happy camper to know that my boyfriend was keeping pics on him of his past.... it would be one thing for them to be in the bowels of his hard drive.... still questionable.... but less yucky then knowing he still has them on his phone to look at....

is this normal????
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Pictures of Previous Sexual Encounters......
Posted: 12/21/2008 9:56:42 PM
Thanks VIHO.... I told my friend that I didn't blame the wife.... I would not be all to happy to see pics like that on my boyfriends phone.... I can see keeping vacation pics and pics from holidays and things you did.... but you lose me at sex pics.... and naked pics.... to me that eluded that there is still some interest..
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 10:10:37 PM
lol@Big Daddy.... so I take it you are fine with keeping sex pics around.... and that if your woman had videos of her going at it on her phone you would be fine with it??? as long as you never saw it... which you wouldn't because you don't snoop......

this isn't a topic about snooping.... we all know no good comes from that... it is about keeping sexual mementos and if that is acceptable and if a current partner has the right to be upset over it......
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 10:53:26 PM
ok... prurire.... what if they weren't found that way..... what if your boyfriend just said hey... look what I have.... it would be ok????

I understand we all have pasts.. but a past is gone..... time to live in the present.....
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 11:04:03 PM
Fair enough Big Daddy..... I have never been one to snoop.... but I Have always trusted that my partner would never do anything that would disrespect me.... I know that everyone has a past..... and the expectation for me is that he isn't reliving it from videos...... but..... it would have to be something he told me because I have never even touched his phone or computer...... not on my list of things to do when we are together...

lol@iceman.... I really don't even know if I would want to know what someone was taking care of business with.... I would hope that people would think still fantasizing about an ex would be a problem.....
 daynadaze
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 11:12:54 PM
Okay, keeping naked picture and sex videos on your phone, for what, sped dial masturbation? Just EEWWWWW! If I thought I was on a ex's phone I'd be mortified. I know, to each his own but really...eewwwww!
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2008 7:58:38 AM
to answer a few questions...

from what I understand...

the women knew the pics were taken at the time they were taken...

they were taken with the cell phone.....

not sure if they know he still has the pics....

not sure if he has shown them to anyone... my friend didn't act like he had seen his boys phone pics.....
 godfahduh
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2008 8:02:41 AM
Personally, sending a nude pic of yourself to your significant other is an expression of intimacy just as much as having sex, or deep conversations. They should never ever be kept. Look at it, and delete! A cell phone can be lost, and once put on the net they're forever. It's irresponsible to keep them, no matter how much you'd like to.
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2008 11:43:43 AM
m church said..... I've known a couple of women who hang onto their wedding albums after the divorce (for the kids they say....) so should guys be able to say, get rid of them too?

a wedding album is not the same as sex pics.... for the children they are memories of your parents.... now if they are sitting on the coffee table that could be a problem..... but put away for the children is nice...

as for the scenario.... I would hope that when starting a new relationship that would be the priority.... not making sure you keep the memories of the previous ones intact... have to let go of what you had to fully enjoy what you have.....
 Miss W
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/22/2008 11:53:08 AM
I don't understand why some guys need to keep these things around. I know someone who had been married for several years happened to come home early one day to find her husband copying something and he quickly hid it from her. He didn't do so well enough, it turns out that it was a pic of his ex girlfriend's crotch. She wasn't angry, she just wondered why in a guy needs to keep these around and found it kind of pathetic.
 Dee4166
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2008 12:05:18 PM
It shows a distinct lack of a sense of class or taste to carry around photos of your exes in compromising positions....Actually it's just an indication of the maturity level of the man that you are dealing with...

Not ALL memories are meant to be "Kodak" ones...Some can be left to the mind's eye and conjured up at a moment's notice, um, in a "pinch"....
I also would never dream of going through the personal property of any of my bf's, not without their full knowledge and permission and, or due to necessity of some kind. But really, Keeping photos and videos of prior sex acts?!?!?!

Seems kind of sad and desperate to me....
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2008 12:14:09 PM
lmao@Frau...... “Here’s one of me teabaggin’ your mother” What a Kodak moment!!!

can't even imagine..... could you see parents pulling you aside to show you those pics.... or hell.... even finding them on accident..... oh my......
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/22/2008 12:16:48 PM
~OP~ I had an awakening of sorts back in August. I went to visit a friend and his girlfriend and while I was there, I received a call on his cell (mine died!!) After the call, I hit the "end" button and BAMMMM, there it was. T & A. I blinked a couple of times, then handed the phone to my friend and retorted something like, "Gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, I love _____, but that was a tad too much info." He said, "That's not _________ !!!" She said, "Oh, that's not me." OK!! Nevermind. My point? There are those that simply aren't bothered by these types of things. I think if someone has a LOT of encounters and feels a need to take pics, something is a tad off with their thought patterns, but that's just me. (And, I'm with others on the whole "snooping" aspect of this.) JMO
 ladyc4
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/22/2008 12:28:37 PM

That's because I always believed what was between a man and a woman should STAY between a man and a woman.

Afreakin'men!
Unless one is actually in the business of adult entertainment, allowing someone to take photos of you with any sort of camera while you are naked/having sex,even if that person IS your current relationship partner, is probably not the smartest idea on the idea tree. How the hell do you know where those photos are going to end up?
Sex is about 2 people sharing the pleasure of one another's bodies. If you are a professional in adult entertainment, or you are an amateur sex "entreprenuer" and are prepared to live with the fact that your photos/videos might come back to haunt you should your life take a different direction,that's fine. As long as you are OK with the potential consequences.
But for myself, I don't have sex to provide others with a spectator sport. Cameras are not allowed in my sex life.
And as for the OP, I think the lady who broke the phone was the WIFE of guy who had the pictures? I am APPALLED that she broke his phone... she should have shoved it so far up his *ss he could dial 911 with his tongue.
Cindy O
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2008 1:33:35 PM
@Carolann..... I am thankful that the man in this is not my friend.... he is a friend of a friend.... my friend shared the story with me because he thought his friend's wife had over reacted.... and he expected me to think that his friend still having pics on the phone would make me laugh.... guess he didn't get the reaction from me he expected... because I agreed if I were the wife I would have been mad.... hell if I were a girlfriend in this I would be mad.... not sure I would break the phone.... but I am thinking the pics would be accidentally deleted....

I fully agree with those who said never take a pic that you wouldn't want others to see.... but I guess it is hard.... as I would not want the reminders around.... so I wouldn't be keeping those kind of pics anyway.....
 Flaccid P. Nuss
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/23/2008 9:06:48 AM
What else is a guy supposed to look at on his phone while he's waiting for the bus , waiting to be seated, etc ?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Pictures of Previous Sexual Encounters......