Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > POPE: Homosexuality leads to destruction of human race      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 7
view profile
History
POPE: Homosexuality leads to destruction of human race Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
How can homosexuality lead to the destruction of the human race? I know several homosexuals who have children. I know both men and women couples with children.

I have a lesbian co-worker who recently told me that she and her partner (obviously also lesbian) just had a baby. They bought the sperm and just injected it into one of their vaginal tracts ... voilĂ  they now have a daughter.

One of the nurses I worked with at the jail talked a lady friend into having his baby ... now he and his partner are raising it. It's going so well that the lady has agreed to help them out once again.

Sooooo ... I guess even homosexuality won't lead to the destruction of the human race.
 VVendy
Msg: 8
POPE: Homosexuality leads to destruction of human race
Posted: 1/19/2009 8:01:50 PM
If you look at the time of Christ and the early church you will see that because of the amount of Homosexuallity the Empire was dieing out. If you do not procreate you do not continue as a people. The Pope is right about that. I think if a person believes he is a woman trapped in a man's body he should meet and wed a woman who believes she is a man trapped in a woman's body. after they have 2 children they can save up and have the fun part swap at the local hospital like that Chineese couple did. I am a feminist and do not believe that sex role arguement. The most sexist things I've ever heard were out of the mouth of trans.
 cotter
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 9:13:48 PM

But same sex couples having kids is not natural is it?
No more unnatural than a heterosexual couple who needs artificial insemination in order to have a child.

It is not a proper family unit.
I dunno ... these days ... what is considered a "proper family unit"?

My sister and her husband are now housing their son, his wife and their child. Prior to that, their daughter and her two little girls were living with them. If you ask me that's an even better family unit than just the parents and the baby. They have the advantage of having the grandmother and grandfather around to take care of the baby when needed ... instead of some outsider.

I really can't see how homosexuality could lead to the destruction of the human race ... wouldn't that only occur if and when the WHOLE human race might be homosexual? Even then, apparently, they still manage to reproduce ... even if it's with the help of some outside force.
 VVendy
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/28/2009 7:28:45 AM
I think that gender has nothing to do with your roll. I believe that the belief that only girls can this and only boys can that is the big reason for gender confusion. As the poem says a person is a person that way. In one place they have house husbands in another they have house wives and for a person to say only people of this gender can do this thing is evil.

The Pope is right no children = no people from your tribe. I have a friend both of her kids are gay her line has ended no one with her MDNA will be on Earth in 50 years. She was an only child of only children. I am one form 9 and the only one who will not have kids so my tribe will continue. Right now my mom's branch alone has 30 she was 1 of 5 and from a parent who was 1 of 21. If my dad decided that instead of being an awsome dad he wanted to be a gay uncle 30 people would not exsist. My mother did not want to marry or have kids it was my father who changed her mind she was set to be a spinster. My dad cooked cleaned did hair and activly loved my mom who was a tom boy. I did not grow up with gender rolls so the idea of transex/gender is outside of my understanding. Their is nothing one can do the other can't thier are all body types and personality humor and textures. You mate with your sex oppisite and have children or you end. The tribe you belong to may race on but for your body's line the race is ending.

Roma had a lot of factors in its down fall lack of children was one. They adopted and adapted to continue. Why did St Valentine die?
 VVendy
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/30/2009 6:39:55 PM
This is such a broad generalization is it patently false by its very nature.

Yes and also right as most generalizations are having set no limits I do not have to define nor qualify my statement for it to be true as it is a statement that is true because of its broadness. How ever if you want to read history of the church you may and there in find the dates as it is a reference tool that starts with the statement Jesus was a jew and ends with the church of 2005.
 susan_cd
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/6/2010 8:43:42 AM
The best comment I read on the pope's statement was in the newspaper ( wish I could give credit to the author):

The writer said that ( using the same reasoning as the pope) the Catholic priesthood leads to the destruction of the human race, since it encourages men to become celibate bachelors.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2010 6:32:00 PM
RE Msg: 30 by susan_cd:
The best comment I read on the pope's statement was in the newspaper ( wish I could give credit to the author):

The writer said that ( using the same reasoning as the pope) the Catholic priesthood leads to the destruction of the human race, since it encourages men to become celibate bachelors.
To be honest, I would have said the reverse. The guys and girls I met, who have the most partners, and who have the most casual sex, seem to be nearly all Catholics in my experience.
 susan_cd
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/7/2010 2:35:27 AM

To be honest, I would have said the reverse. The guys and girls I met, who have the most partners, and who have the most casual sex, seem to be nearly all Catholics in my experience.

But not the priesthood.

Yes, the Catholic church promotes large families & no birth control, but his point was the priesthood itself is supposed to remain single & celibate, so that leads to the destruction of the human race... at least as much as homosexuality does..
 jed456
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2010 2:43:51 PM

Homosexuality leads to destruction of human race

Just another example why I don't belong too any organized religion.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2010 10:41:13 AM
RE Msg: 32 by susan_cd:
Yes, the Catholic church promotes large families & no birth control, but his point was the priesthood itself is supposed to remain single & celibate, so that leads to the destruction of the human race...
Only if the Catholic church said that everyone has to be celibate. But if they said that, then they wouldn't hold marriages in Catholic churches, now, would they?

at least as much as homosexuality does..
If gay people required that other gay people would have to study for a few years, to get ordained into the gay community, before anyone could have heterosexual sex, and that one of their required duties was to act as official presiders of heterosexual marriages, and tell heterosexuals that they are fulfilling biological evolution, by having heterosexual sex and having children as a result, then yes, the Catholic church would be as limiting as the heterosexual community. But heterosexuals don't require any of that. They only require that they find you attractive enough to have sex with.
 susan_cd
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/8/2010 10:43:31 PM

Yes, the Catholic church promotes large families & no birth control, but his point was the priesthood itself is supposed to remain single & celibate, so that leads to the destruction of the human race...
Only if the Catholic church said that everyone has to be celibate. But if they said that, then they wouldn't hold marriages in Catholic churches, now, would they?

But what the writer said was "the Catholic priesthood leads to the destruction of the human race, since it encourages men to become celibate bachelors."

He was referring to the priesthood itself ( celibate) not catholocism. And his argument ( tongue incheek as it was) was just as valid as the pope's argument saying homosexuality leads to the destruction of the human race.

Since he's so concerned about it, the pope should ask his god why He created so many homosexuals .
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/10/2010 12:22:15 PM
the pope is sad because so many gay catholics mean fewer new little catholics to add to the church's population base, power & money (more donations)

the primary reason the church is so strongly against use of birth control -want to expand their power base.

there's already more than 6 billion + people on this earth -in some ways way too many for the environment to handle the last thing we need is more & more -esp. in 3rd world poor African countries, etc. where they can hardly afford to raise the kids they've got now.
 susan_cd
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/10/2010 2:42:53 PM

the pope is sad because so many gay catholics mean fewer new little catholics to add to the church's population base, power & money (more donations)

Or it could be the more gay men there are out there, the more competition for those cute altar boys; what chance does a chubby grey haired priest have competing against a young buff gay man for an altar boy's affection?
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/11/2010 1:32:54 PM
^^

yeah, that is a good point~!
 cotter
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2010 2:10:03 PM

He explained that defending God's creation was not limited to saving the environment, but also about protecting man from self-destruction.
A bit of a drama queen isn't he. I always thought the attire around the Vatican was a bit gay. They should try and dress a little less gay and then maybe they can pontifficate with some validity.

Oh dear ... I completely forgot about that dress code thing at the Vatican.

BTW ... isn't that just a bunch of men wearing dress-like robes ... living together?

Anyways, as I said back in message 14 ...

How can homosexuality lead to the destruction of the human race? I know several homosexuals who have children. I know both men and women couples with children.

I have a lesbian co-worker who recently told me that she and her partner (obviously also lesbian) just had a baby. They bought the sperm and just injected it into one of their vaginal tracts ... voilĂ  they now have a daughter.

One of the nurses I worked with at the jail talked a lady friend into having his baby ... now he and his partner are raising it. It's going so well that the lady has agreed to help them out once again.

Sooooo ... I guess even homosexuality won't lead to the destruction of the human race.
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/1/2013 11:20:22 PM
He wasn't talking about the natural act of procreation. He was referring to the natural order established by God himself for the human race to assure it would not implode. Whether you or I or anyone else likes it, homosexuality is no different from a person's inherited tendency toward alcoholism. Alcoholism in itself isn't a bad thing but becoming an alcoholic, drinking oneself to the detrement of their health, the agony of their family, the loss of their dignity and provision in life IS bad. It is their choice.
It is a person's choice whether or not they decide to "act" upon their tendency to be homosexual. The alcoholic isn't a "bad" person. They aren't arrested for being a practicing alcoholic (unless they get a DUI...) just as it isn't a crime to be homosexual.
It is however, a sin, an abomination in the eyes of God, the one who created them. If I had a tendency that would harm myself, my family, the community, ultimately the world...I wouldn't put that tendency into practice. I would seek help to recover from it or I would choose just to do without it.
As a human community, we are being pushed into acceptance of something that is diametrically against everything the Christian believes.
We don't hate the homosexual, we aren't "homophobes", we aren't afraid of "them"....the person sitting next to you at work could have those same tendencies, but that is their own private life. I don't push my heterosexuality on my co-workers. I don't look for acceptance, legalization or special status because of what I do in my bedroom or where ever.
The Pope has every right to make a statement for the beliefs of the Catholic church. I'm not Catholic, but respect his right and agree with his statement of faith.
 jed456
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2013 6:19:06 AM

As a human community, we are being pushed into acceptance of something that is diametrically against everything the Christian believes.

Since the pope or god didnt write the U.S. Constution and the United States is not a religious theocracy your point is unrealistic.

The Pope has every right to make a statement for the beliefs of the Catholic church. I'm not Catholic, but respect his right and agree with his statement of faith.

As is your right under the Constitution.

it is a person's choice whether or not they decide to "act" upon their tendency to be homosexual. The alcoholic isn't a "bad" person. They aren't arrested for being a practicing alcoholic (unless they get a DUI...) just as it isn't a crime to be homosexual.
It is however, a sin, an abomination in the eyes of God, the one who created them. If I had a tendency that would harm myself, my family, the community, ultimately the world...I wouldn't put that tendency into practice. I would seek help to recover from it or I would choose just to do without it.

Two problems is there a god and which god are you reffering too Jesus,Buddha,Mohammed,the god of abraham?
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/3/2013 6:27:19 AM
Post Modernism thinking gives the green light/permission for anyone practicing any act, however damaging or horrendous. If nothing is "wrong" or a "sin", then everything is "alright", right?? The Constitution of the United states was never intended to give the green light to perversion and acts that would harm the society it was written for. Its intent was to protect, safeguard and uphold the rights of every individual to the pursuit of freedom within the bounds of civil obedience to mores, cultural norms and natural order.
If there is no absolute "truth", then it is "ok" to have sex with children, it is "ok" for the nut case who shot and killed 20+ children, it is "ok" for me to steal your iPad because I needed it....
Get the picture?
There is one glaring difference between religions and I've studied them all to reach my own conclusions, only Christianity offers Christ, born of a virgin, crucified to bear our sins before a Holy God to make a clear path for us to the right hand of God, and risen from the dead to live again and sit as our "lawyer" at the right hand of the Father Creator to intercede for us.
It really IS that simple and the Bible IS the only true communication to be trusted between God and man, who is made in His image.
If I hold a glass of pure "truth" in my hand and someone adds just one drop of "untruth" to it, it is no longer the truth and no longer to be trusted. It is fraudulent and tainted. How does that saying by W.C. Fields go?: "If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with bulls**t".
Again, the Pope or Barney Frank or anyone has the Constitutional Right to say whatever they want. That's the beauty of freedom. You can say what you want, believe what you want, just don't try to legalize it and push it down the throats of and spend mega bucks to infiltrate the media with it to make it seem "normal" and "acceptable". It isn't. Dr. Seuss sums it up for me: "I don't like green eggs and ham, Sam-I-Am" (and I never will)
 whippedboi
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/2/2013 4:18:36 AM
scorpiomover:

Well, considering that the affluent members of Western countries are exhibiting a negative birth rate, because they are choosing to not have kids, or to put it off until too late, I suppose he is just highlighting that SOMEONE ought to be fighting for the rights of the "breeders".

but OVERALL the world has PLENTY of population growth (too much really)

but those poor people in Africa, much of Asia, China, and India on't really count..most are not catholic..not important..only important to encourage wealthier, mostly WHITE "Breeders" right?

South America in general has decent population growth and most are good little Catholics so he doesn't mind them, I would guess..still not really 'white' /"Aryan" enough probably for a former member of the Hitler Youth though ?
 jed456
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2013 7:26:26 AM

Post Modernism thinking gives the green light/permission for anyone practicing any act, however damaging or horrendous. If nothing is "wrong" or a "sin", then everything is "alright", right?? The Constitution of the United states was never intended to give the green light to perversion and acts that would harm the society it was written for. Its intent was to protect, safeguard and uphold the rights of every individual to the pursuit of freedom within the bounds of civil obedience to mores, cultural norms and natural order.

Exactly How what two consenting adults do in the privacy of there home damaging or horrendous? The Constitution also never mentioned abolishing slavery interracial marriage or a woman's right to vote until it was amended.It was written to protect the rights of all citizen's it does not speak of "cultural norms".

There is one glaring difference between religions and I've studied them all to reach my own conclusions, only Christianity offers Christ, born of a virgin, crucified to bear our sins before a Holy God to make a clear path for us to the right hand of God, and risen from the dead to live again and sit as our "lawyer" at the right hand of the Father Creator to intercede for us.

You would be wrong Comparison of some life events of Horus and Jesus:
Event Horus Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus
Conception: By a virgin. There is some doubt about this matter By a virgin. 3
Father: Only begotten son of the God Osiris. Only begotten son of Yehovah (in the form of the Holy Spirit).
Mother: Isis-Meri. 4 Miriam (now often referred to as Mary).
Foster father: Seb, (a.k.a. Jo-Seph). 4 Joseph.
Foster father's ancestry: Of royal descent. Of royal descent.
Birth location: In a cave. In a cave or stable.
Annunciation: By an angel to Isis, his mother. By an angel to Miriam, his mother. 3
Birth heralded by: The star Sirius, the morning star. An unidentified "star in the East."
Birth date: Ancient Egyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the streets at the time of the winter solstice (about DEC-21). In reality, he had no birth date; he was not a human. Born during the fall. However, his birth date is now celebrated on DEC-25. The date was chosen to occur on the same date as the birth of Mithra, Dionysus and the Sol Invictus (unconquerable Sun), etc.
Birth announcement: By angels. By angels. 3
Birth witnesses: Shepherds. Shepherds. 3
Later witnesses to birth: Three solar deities. An unknown number of wise men. 3 They are said to have brought three gifts; thus the legend grew that there were three men.
Death threat during infancy: Herut tried to have Horus murdered. He was not successful. Herod tried to have Jesus murdered. He was not successful.
Handling the threat: The God That tells Horus' mother "Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child." An angel tells Jesus' father to: "Arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt."
Rite of passage ritual: Horus came of age with a special ritual, when his eye was restored. Taken by parents to the temple for what is today called a bar mitzvah ritual.
Age at the ritual: 12 12
Break in life history: No data between ages of 12 & 30. No data between ages of 12 & 30.
Baptism location: In the river Eridanus. In the river Jordan.
Age at baptism: 30. 30.
Baptized by: Anup the Baptiser. John the Baptist, a.k.a. John the Baptist.
Subsequent fate of the baptiser: Beheaded. Beheaded.

It really IS that simple and the Bible IS the only true communication to be trusted between God and man, who is made in His image

That is your belief not a fact. As for legalizing gay marriage the same was said about interracial marriage.I am a heterosexual man why should my fellow citizens not be treated equally?
 whippedboi
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/2/2013 7:57:16 AM
^^

Joseph was not following God's command to procreate

God had to come in & do the dirty deed, it seems.

what was Joseph doing? Committing the sin of Onanism (spilling his seed upon the Earth?)

or maybe laying down with another man, as with a woman (gay sex)

or committing adultery, having sex with another woman ?
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > POPE: Homosexuality leads to destruction of human race