Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Breaking Up on Christmas      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 techguy6505
Msg: 38
Breaking Up on ChristmasPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Wow, sorry to hear that. The guy is an @$$. Well I have to say that men aren't the only jerks on Christmas, women do it too. I'm going thru one right now.

All I can say is you can do better. It sucks, I know know as I'm dealing with it too. You just have to say screw it and get on with your life. Karma has a funny way of biting people in the @$$ though.
 MsMicki
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 12/25/2010 6:10:29 PM

Karma has a funny way of biting people in the @$$ though.

Uh-huh......hard thing is figuring out if it's Karma biting your ass now....or hers later!
 thetrick123
Msg: 40
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 12/25/2010 8:09:04 PM
OP..stop calling yourself dumb and stupid. What comes around gos around. This man was clearly not worthy of your kindness, nor your affections. Sorry it had to end that way, and on Christmas as well.
 navycanuck
Msg: 41
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 12/25/2010 9:37:36 PM
That really sucks. I think you should ask for the TV back as he dosent' deserve it after what he did to you.
 karma1160
Msg: 42
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 12/25/2010 9:42:54 PM
I am sorry this happened to you on Christmas eve, Rose that sucks.
What bothers me though is not that he didn't get you a gift, I mean maybe he didn't have the money, maybe he felt like since you both purchased the tv together that, that was the gift.
I think that both of your nerves were probably raw at the time and maybe some things were said, that were in haste and unfortunately just happened on Christmas eve.
Either way, I would not beat yourself up about this I would say you dodged a bullet here.
Who kicks someone out, at the drop of a hat or the first sign of disagreement.
Seriously you are old enough not to have to go out with someone this immature.
Find someone who knows how to have a real relationship which involves more than cookies and cream.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 43
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 12/26/2010 12:55:36 AM

That really sucks. I think you should ask for the TV back as he dosent' deserve it after what he did to you.

Nah, the tv's two years old now. Better off getting a new one.

(Check the dates on OP's people, please. I know "redundant" threads force us to use older threads, but enter in to it with both eyes open or you look a little silly.)
 eastwood969
Msg: 44
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 12/26/2010 6:48:25 AM
You don't have to wait till Christmas to be shocked. You could have noticed he wasn't the type of gift giving guy to begin with. We do still have a bad economy last time I checked so maybe you and him just didn't think along the same lines to begin with.
 Maleman999
Msg: 45
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 12/26/2010 7:13:47 AM
Maybe the guy did get her a gift for Christmas, but something happened just before Christmas and decided to not give her the gift. Otherwise, this scenario makes no sense. Who gets booted out of their/his home over trivial crap on Christmas? I think the moving out part was planned ahead of time by one or both of them.

Like the saying goes: there's 3 sides to every story. His side, her side, and the truth. I don't think the truth version has been released yet, or at least parts of it have been omitted.

Most of the people here are only reading the part where the OP was whining about not getting a gift and everyone wants a lynch mob to hang the guy without knowing why he didn't give her a gift.
 lostgirl71
Msg: 46
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 12/26/2010 8:24:27 AM
I am more inclined to believe the actual situation was that for the past three months since the funds were given for the television the guy has been nagged about the amount given and about getting the tv. Then he did it a few weeks back and I am sure hasnt heard the end of picking it up without her.

Maybe he had it? a person can only be nagged so much. And for those shocked that he asked for monies to compensate for someone staying at the place for reasons of work, I dont find this at all out of the ordinary, additional people mean more electricity more water more food bills. Unless she was looking for a free ride why is it so bad that he be compensated if another is residing in his house?

Sorry but I dont see this as a woe is me story about the Grinch, but a half story of a doomed relationship.
 artman11111
Msg: 47
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 1/3/2011 6:34:36 AM
Well I'll tell ya some of my story
2 days before Christmas,I found my g/f (now Ex) had been cheating on me,with multiple men, from the Casual encounters section,here @ POF,for a very long time.
We are not children. I am in my late 40's,she in her early 50's. We had lived together a long time,and had,what I thought was a good life.
Turns out she had been stealing from me every chance she got. Little here,little there.
She couldnt come up with her half of the rent,and I wound up buying her entire family
Christmas presents.
I am not perfect,and am NOT dis-owning any responsibility for our relationship going south. But what she did was Classless,and child-like. I would never hurt someone like this today. I am not a teenager.
She has a 12.00/hr job and I make 50k. Who do you think paid the bulk of our bills and entertainment.. For years.
I am in awe of how cruel and horrible this person has become. I spent my Christmas depressed and angry,by myself. Next year will be better,and I will get through this
But I will never forgive,nor forget
Happy New Year
 lostgirl71
Msg: 48
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 1/4/2011 5:16:59 PM
So what you are saying is 12 days ago you ended a long term live in relationship and you are already on here looking for long term? Doesnt sound to depressed to me ...
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 49
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 1/4/2011 5:27:29 PM
It was 12 days and TWO years ago.
Old thread.
But I think the girl was sillier than she knew.
When he said to pack up her stuff and leave...
she should have took the TV too.
 lostgirl71
Msg: 50
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 1/4/2011 5:39:59 PM
I was talking to the gentleman above me who just posted that this just happened - two days before christmas this year ..

the other one two years ago - well still stand by my orginal post more to the story and she probably nagged him to death about it
 Walts
Msg: 51
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 1/4/2011 6:36:44 PM
Hope it wasn't the guy in msg 89 cause according to said profile,,,,,

I have had an ad here for a long time. I have met a few women,but no matches.

Christmas wasn't THAT long ago,,,,or was it??????

Or maybe he is mad about the Christmas before THIS Christmas?????

I just got another reason,,,and this time it wasn't even from a woman!!!!!!
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 52
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 1/4/2011 6:45:15 PM
Well, clearly there's a message to the women folk here...

... don't buy the wrong frickin' TV for a guy..

.... do your homework! A bit of research, ladies!

AAaaaaand, what sort of decent TV costs only $500? That's like, some miniature TV or some crappy low def unit!

I'd be somekinda P.O.'d if my woman'd paid anything less than, like, $550, fer Christ's sake... It's CHRISTMAS!

... sheesh....

IHateBarstars
Msg: 53
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 1/4/2011 7:13:36 PM
So he dumped you when you literally complained about not getting something for Christmas?

Personally, if I were him I'd be sour and offended. Sure, you spent 500 bucks on a television for him. You gave him money for it in October. Since when is October christmas? Everyone in this thread makes it sound like he's satan. There's two sides to every situation. Maybe the dudes hours got cut at work, even if he got you a smaller, less expensive gift he would have to deal with the mental agony of "S*&( she spent 500 and I spent like 20"

By no means is he a saint, but complaining about it on Christmas Day of all days is just bad timing on your part. Who's to say he hadn't ordered you something and it was just a few days late getting there. I'd never spend 500 bucks on someone I was dating, not even if I had been dating them for a little over a year.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 54
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 1/4/2011 7:30:35 PM

And yet, he's the one who actually chose it, apparently

Shit. Missed that post.

OK, new hypothesis...

... the guy was testing the OP. He low-balled the choice of TV to see how much she loved him and how much she really was willing to put out...

... I mean, COME ON, size matters to both men and women...

AintNoDeal
Msg: 55
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 1/4/2011 7:43:58 PM

And for those shocked that he asked for monies to compensate for someone staying at the place for reasons of work, I dont find this at all out of the ordinary, additional people mean more electricity more water more food bills. Unless she was looking for a free ride why is it so bad that he be compensated if another is residing in his house?
I agree with you, lostgirl71.

She broke up with the guy, then moved in with him a few months later as a tenant. She brought an air-conditioner, and some other un-mentioned items. Sounds like she was renting a room IN HIS HOUSE. How much does it cost to rent a room? $250/month sounds like a bargain for 3 nights a week of shelter and unlimited electricity - not to mention she watched all this guy's DVDs. Then they chipped in to buy a new TV set months before XMAS. After that she nags him about not being there to pick it out? WTF? Who's house IS this? Then she picks a fight on Xmas Eve? Sheeeesssh...... ever hear of overstaying your welcome? You think because you paid half for a TV you can dictate what goes on in someone else's home?

Yeah - bad form on HIM for tossing her out during the holidays, but seriously - they needed to split ways. He should have held his tongue until after New Year's Day, then asked her to leave. We'd STILL have this thread about being thrown out, but the guy would get a 1/2 point for tact.
 2nd_chance_again
Msg: 56
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 1/5/2011 9:56:34 AM
I think you got the best present... lucky to rid of him... sorry it took 15 months for him to show his ways... BUT... why did you try to buy him...? I feel bad for you but better than
wasting anymore time of a loser... I think it takes "some" time to get to really know someone that's why I've always taken it slow & in time all is revealed... Smile & move on it's your year, live it for you!
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 57
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 1/5/2011 4:39:07 PM

(cat-a-list) ... sometimes we think we're doing the right thing by giving and giving and sometimes the recipient isn't the right person to be giving to.

Too true. And, sometimes, people will give gifts thinking that they can "buy" a relationship out of it, or passive-aggressively maneuver the other person into a sense of obligation... and, sometimes people just do something that turns out, in retrospect, to have been a mistake.

Opie: don't beat yourself up over this. Get up, brush off the dust, and chalk it up to experience...

Arlo, Professional Ray of Sunshine...
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 58
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 1/5/2011 4:42:06 PM
OP, I'm sure that you've already picked yourself up and brushed yourself off and have moved on long and ever ago since you posted this two years ago.

Be nice to get an update, I suppose.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 59
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 1/6/2011 8:28:09 PM
cheer up, Valentines Day is right around the corner, and I could use a Blue Ray player
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 60
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 11/13/2011 9:53:57 AM
i hope that guy got electrocuted when he went to plug the tv in the outlet
 kcladyz
Msg: 61
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 11/13/2011 2:53:38 PM
Well i suspect he kept you round long enough to get the tv so sue him for the 500
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 62
Breaking Up on Christmas
Posted: 11/13/2011 3:48:12 PM
Gotta love it when old threads get revived and the OP doesn't even have an active profile to respond to the new posts.....................
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Breaking Up on Christmas