Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 celts123
Msg: 100
Racism in DatingPage 7 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
The races are so polarized; its getting worse not better.

While I will agree that there is still some racism, I don't think it is any worse now than it was 10, 25 or especially 50 yrs ago.
 celts123
Msg: 104
Racism in Dating
Posted: 3/28/2009 10:05:04 PM
black on white racist assaults occur far more often than white on black racist assaults yet their murders go unpublished. the local papers only cover white on black racism.

This is false. The majority of racial hate crime victims are black. Look it up on the FBI's website. Just because no white people gave you a hard time for dating a black person, it doesn't mean that it rarely or never happens. There have been several times when a white person made a racist comment to me ( I'm black ) simply because I was dating a white woman at the time. Or a white woman wouldn't date me due to her racist family members.
 Piav
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 3/31/2009 12:04:24 AM
WOW I feel bad for these women that they can not just simply not reply due to their preference in skin color but instead insult and maliciously reply with racist BS. In my view there is One Race the Human one. Do not let these obviously single for a reason chics get to you..... maybe they have to lash out at you because they have no one. You should not stop being kind or trying to respond to women you are interested in
 mortalez
Msg: 114
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/1/2009 10:20:30 PM
this whole thing puts me in a bind, because of how i was raised must of my hobbies and interests make me unattractive to many women who DO date black men, I have had white women tell me I act too white, go figure.
And women Who DO have interests in common with me arent interested because I am black, go figure again.
 mortalez
Msg: 119
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/3/2009 7:03:37 PM

What a coincidence! I act too "white" too!

What does that really mean, anyway? Because the way it sounds to me, I am supposed to talk a certain way because of the color of my skin. I'm supposed to like a certain music, watch a certain type of television show, date a certain type of woman. What's the word..?

Culture! That's it. My skin tone is supposed to determine my culture!

I'll go as far as to wager that more than half the people who wont date out of their race think that people of other colors have a 'cultural' difference.

Yeah it was harder back in highschool, because I was the "brotha" girls used to break it in with their parents that they were into black guys. A friend of mine back when i was 19 or 20 put it like this" you dont bring a thug home right off the bat, you start off with an erkel, then a the huxtable, then a dwayne wayne, then you bring home ice cube."

it made since because I was usually the first black guy these girls dated and I would usually get dumped a few weeks later and I would see her with one of those gold tooth "brothaz".
 Luvcharm
Msg: 121
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/6/2009 8:58:38 PM

I'm Korean and was adopted when I was little by white parents. I was raised in WV. While I have dated white guys primarily, I am open to all kinds of guys, but don't feel attracted to Asians.

Aren't you being racist by saying your not attracted to Asians when in fact your are Asian?
 thwipp89
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/22/2009 10:33:56 PM
OP- those types of comments are pretty crappy and uncalled for. sorry you had to experience that. we've come a long way in this country but still have a ways to go. racism and discrimination is still alive and well, unfortunately. when i saw the republican national convention and some of the republican rallies, i honestly felt i was witnessing KKK or nazi rallies with all the hate, fear and control. it was pretty disgusting...no matter where you go there are going to be cool people (who may not always agree with you), as well as straight up hate-filled, ignorant a-holes. don't let the **stards bring you down.
 thwipp89
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/23/2009 1:45:21 PM
"Name 3 things of a potential mate that matter more than race!"

smoker
drug user
has kids
staunch conservative
overly religious
wants kids
distance
weight
appearance

how's that? =)
as far as race, i'm pretty open. i have an affinity for latin women, tho. however, on the flip side, asian women generally don't appeal to me, physically-speaking, but there certainly are exceptions to the rule. the last girl i went out with was half puerto rican, half black. i find that people of mixed race tend to be some of the prettiest people around.
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 131
Racism in Dating
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:02:23 PM
I emphasize....I have had some very nasty and racist emails directed my way....and not by people I contacted, either.......
 chadcuba
Msg: 134
Racism in Dating
Posted: 7/26/2009 9:29:26 PM
". If one was to take away the minority vote, how many caucasions actually voted for him? "

And how many blacks voted for mccain ???? If you're going to try and find racism out of how many whites voted for obama then you just show your ignorance and if one really wanted to get the statistics out, the percentage of blacks who voted for mccain is a complete and utter joke compared to the number of whites who voted for obama so shut the hell up you ignorant fool.
 penelopelove69
Msg: 135
Racism in Dating
Posted: 7/27/2009 5:44:20 PM
I've actually been pursuing white men, semi-successfully, on this site and I have had all decent responses. Those that are not interested in me just don't reply. Those that do, we chat...
PS - You white guys are FREAKS!!
 LuvsLaughs
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 7/27/2009 10:57:18 PM
I think that you should know.... I don't really worry about race. We are all part of the human race. It's the culture barriers that cause problems in society... in my case, my mom and uncle would absolutely hit the ceiling if I were to date a black man, no matter how well educated, how nice, how mannerly... etc. that he was. They were raised during the end of the depression, so everything was divided. White people had their places and black people had theirs. Restaurants, drinking fountains, bathrooms, etc. My mom and uncle are incapable of wrapping their heads around such a thing as me dating outside of our culture. Be it black, asian, mexican, indian, pakistani... (I'm 46, and they are in their 80's) What I am saying..(oddly) is that perhaps when the elderly are no longer whispering such things in our ears, things will truly change... for the better. I am a very laid back person... I have taught my son to be open to people from varying cultures.... I was upset one day when he said that he hated black people. (he was nine at the time) I stopped and stared at him. What? Why? He started crying and told me the only kids that picked on him were black kids. I sat down and pointed out all of the black kids that didn't pick on him and had to point out that two white kids did pick on him. He listed 8 black kids that picked on him, so from his perspective, that was how it was. It did make me think; however, that some of the ongoing racism/ culturalism may very well stem from such occurrences.... just a thought.
 alexbibdel
Msg: 140
Racism in Dating
Posted: 7/27/2009 10:59:06 PM
It sucks that racism still exists. At least when they're so obvious about it you catch them early.
 winteragain
Msg: 142
Racism in Dating
Posted: 7/28/2009 11:15:56 PM
dis is a tuff reality we muss face cuz ain't no odda place like u.s. but errytime da opposition be steppin up dats when u take da criticism as feedback cuz u need it to make u strongurr i no we all been called n-gg-r i no i been called cra--a, chank, sp-c even by da members o da demographic dat purport to axe fo peace in dis tumultuous era we b livin in so whut im sayin iz im asian, we got it worse than anybody wat wit asians makin up liek 99% of prisons im sayin b thankful fo what u got for i am knowin indeed u is my friend and i support u to the fullest extent in which i am able to.
 robertfiallos484
Msg: 145
Racism in Dating
Posted: 8/9/2009 3:14:40 PM
Love is color blind.I would settledown with any woman that is cute, that has things in common with me,treats me right,loves and cares for me.
 autogal
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 8/9/2009 3:24:26 PM
I had someone email that they wanted to date within their race, I thought , sorry I thought you were human rather than a jackass
 cw35
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 8/10/2009 4:37:05 PM
kh124: The fact that you would get comments like that scares the he** out of me. I realize that racism exists but I can't wrap my head around a woman in this day and age sending out those kind of comments. That's total hate speech and could be illegal as far as I know. I prefer to date outside my race and I think I would lose it if I heard those kind of comments directed towards the person I was with. You have a great profile and seem like a really genuine, nice looking guy so as hard as it must be to swallow those kind of comments, try your best to ignore idiots like that because I can guarantee you that the majority of people don't carry around this kind of hate with them.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/12/2009 9:27:28 PM

However to get "go back to africa", "find a date at the gorilla cages at the zoo", and "what self respecting woman would date a N@#$#@", are uncalled for.
Because 9 times out of 10, if people are accusing you of something, they cannot even think it might be in you, unless it's in them. If this is the sort of thing they say, they are so far from intelligent, that it would not be unreasonable to find them in a cage at the zoo, and if you did, you'd probably say the gorilla is the smarter one of the two.

No point taking it personally. It's like if an idiot calls you a moron. Says everything about him, and nothing about you.
 valentino again
Msg: 161
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/12/2009 11:02:44 PM
Thank you for your subject and for all people who shared opinion..
I've never felt any problem in dating except after i come here to US.. yet i found racism in both ways.. not only from white's lol.. (My race according to anthrobology is Caucasian white .. LOL).. keep it up..
I still have some crushes .. (bad thing from young people) .. or from some of other sex who think i have alot of money.. LOL..
for myself.. 30 months now never dated at all.. but not all cause of racist thing.. (Which i feel it all the way around me anyway).. other reasons the people who i can cope with is not in my society in now abeing..
you have it.. great topic .. yet as alot of wise people here says.. it is everywhere in everybody in some other ways.. including you , and me..
I prefer certain type of knowledge (Not education), lower limit of etiquitte, and some sort of pleasant heritage background.. (So i can be considered a racist as well)..
Good luck..
 jajack
Msg: 165
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/13/2009 11:03:01 AM
I think POF should put a racial dating preference option on profiles. That way you would not contact anyone that is nt of the race you desire.
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 170
Racism in Dating
Posted: 10/22/2009 1:57:39 PM
give me their name IDs. I take care of them lol
 Captain_Wayne
Msg: 171
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/21/2010 2:29:32 AM
Race has never been an issue for me. I think I speak for most guys of every color when I say that we really do not care what color a woman is if we like her. She is either hot, or she is not hot, whether she is white, black, red, green or purple.
On the other hand, I have noticed that there are quite a few women who develop sexual fetishes about one race or another. In my experience it is usually white women who do this. Some only want to date black guys, some want only Mexicans or Phillipinos, or whatever. There is nothing wrong with this I guess, but if I was a black guy I would be rather offended if some hot white gal only wanted me because of the color of my skin, the same way I would be if a black gal only wanted me because I am white.
 mrcs84
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/21/2010 11:17:41 AM
Everyone's a little bit racist
Sometimes.
Doesn't mean we go
Around committing hate crimes.
Look around and you will find
No one's really color blind.
Maybe it's a fact
We all should face
Everyone makes judgments
Based on race.

Today.
So, everyone's a little bit racist
Okay!
Ethnic jokes might be uncouth,
But you laugh because
They're based on truth.
Don't take them as
Personal attacks.
Everyone enjoys them -
So relax!

If we all could just admit
That we are racist a little bit,
Even though we all know
That it's wrong,
Maybe it would help us
Get along.

It's true.
But everyone is just about
As racist as you!
If we all could just admit
That we are racist a little bit,
And everyone stopped being
So PC
Maybe we could live in -
Harmony!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 175
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/21/2010 11:38:09 AM
^^^^ um no, everyone does not make judgements based on race, everyone
doesn't laugh at ethnic jokes and some people actually believe PC is a new word
for manners and social skills.

I will admit to making judgements based on people's level of stupidity, I will also
admit I think there are some people we can do without (pedophiles and rapists come
to mind), but I hardly think that makes me racist.

I think racism is something you are taught...and some people just embrace it with more gusto than others.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >