Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DragonBits
Msg: 44
New Year's Resolutions:if we haven't changed by NOW, will we ever?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I change all the time.

Lost my hair, gained a little weight, got gray, need stronger glasses.
 elmuchoburrito
Msg: 45
New Year's Resolutions:if we haven't changed by NOW, will we ever?
Posted: 11/25/2013 8:01:56 PM
I resolved long ago not to make New Years Resolutions
it was surprisingly easy to keep
 jlynn1955
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2013 9:55:58 AM
I don't make Resolutions anymore. Stopped a long time ago. I do set goals. I consider myself, even at my age, a work in progess. I want to expand my comfort zone and try new things. I think I can always improve myself.

This next year I want to: join a bowling league, get back in to church, get out and about more. Get back to walking/biking at the gym. New glasses. Get teeth fixed. Save money. I can do these things. Some I meant to do this year and didn't. They have a higher priority this time.

In 2013 I lost my dad and one of my dogs. My sister was badly hurt when she was hit by a car. I finally was able to buy new hearing aids. That was a HUGE thing. I went to new places. I met new people. I developed closer relationships with many of my friends. Took a cruise at Thanksgiving. Taking an awesome trip at Christmas.
 c_deacon
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2013 3:07:52 PM
I find most people will only make significant changes when life altering things happen to them, like a illness, cancer, bankruptcy, foreclosure, death of a child or significant other, family member or very close friend.

Most people stay within their boundary of comfort level that they have always had, or had for a significant amount of time, and will not move out of it to change until life changes it for them. There are no New Year Resolutions for me, but as jlynn stated, I set goals for me and they do not have to start at the beginning of a new year, but when that goal is needed for me to keep myself safe, sound, and improving as wanted.

I walk the path in front of me, and it is not a super highway all paved and flat, but a path that is traveled much less frequently, with bumps and holes in it and constantly turning right and left, up and down, and forces me to decide which way to go and why........I guess that is called the journey and not the destination, and that is my goal to enjoy.

cd
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/7/2014 12:45:31 PM
I set some specific goals annually & like looking back & seeing that they were accomplished.

Nice to have a list & check it off & see how far you have actually come!
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/7/2014 12:56:25 PM
I don't think it's so much the sake of change (though some goals are always good)...

But self reflection and taking stock of whether a person's still vibrant and growing or stagnant and settling is a good thing...

I am one of those people who think a person does not stay where they are; they either regress or grow. So why not find areas where growth would be beneficial, examine habits to see if any bad habits need to be focused on and broken, and maybe start some good habits to improve a person's life experience?

It can't be a bad thing; whether a person does it for only the reflection; or does actually WORK at said goals...
 Maleman999
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/7/2014 2:38:17 PM

So why not find areas where growth would be beneficial...

I've been trying with the growth process, but haven't succeeded. I still haven't got a winning lottery ticket, so my bank account is stagnant and not growing. I'm settling for a mediocre bank balance.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >