Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Ufos in the Bible      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yna6
Msg: 11
Ufos in the BiblePage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
In the bible? Did not one of the guys write about seeing earth from the heavens? Did he not describe the vehicle he was in as a burning wheel within a wheel? He had to use the language he had to describe an object that was totally unfamiliar to him. He couldn't up and say "I was taken aboard a spacecraft with in-atmospheric abilities which was driven with nuclear power propulsion units and shown the earth from high above, proving that the earth is round." He didn't have the words or language to describe it.
Wish I could remember that guys name...but he's in there somewheres....
 susan_cd
Msg: 12
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 9/15/2009 9:31:53 PM

The pillar of smoke as I read it was in the sky wasn't it? not coming from the top of a mountain or the ground, and don't forget it moved they followed it for years.

When was the last time a UFO stayed in the sky for 40 years?

Maybe years were a lot shorter back then , and later in the Bible when Joshua stopped the Earth from turning to win that battle he got the timing screwed up when he started things up again ( could be that's how Lazarus lived so long, the years were a lot shorter than they are now
 scorpiomover
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 9/16/2009 4:15:13 AM

Exactly what words that were available to the people of those times would you choose to describe what we had just seen?
A ship came out of the sky, and 2 people got out, said hi, and got back in their ship, and left. Nothing more to it.
 susan_cd
Msg: 14
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 9/16/2009 12:29:05 PM
There could be accurate descriptions of UFOs in the Bible, but so what? It would prove nothing as it would be describing events in a mythology.
 yna6
Msg: 15
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 9/16/2009 7:44:14 PM
Tried to you-tube UFO's...got a lot of responses on it. A lot of it faked but some are totally unexplainable. UFO's? Darned right they exist!
As far as where they are from or what they are doing here, who knows? One of these days the (male) pilot may well finally land and ask for directions!
 lsdime
Msg: 16
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 10/28/2009 10:30:50 PM

this is your opinion and you are entitled to it but truthfully I care about Gods Opinion and I study and pray over that daily... blessings

truthfully all i care about is the Easter Bunny's opinion, and i study and pray over that daily.
 msquared
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 10/30/2009 11:41:42 AM

First let me say, two things. I don't believe in UFOs since I've never seen one

People stating they don't believe in UFOs is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. A UFO is an unidentified flying object. If you see something in the sky, you don't know what it is, and it is moving in a way other than falling, then it is a UFO. That does not mean it is an alien spacecraft. It could eventually turn out to be a duck wearing a wig and a poncho. However, until you know what it is, it is a UFO.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 18
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 10/30/2009 12:12:02 PM
Well, I can tell you I definitely do not believe in little alien visitors zipping across our skies. Why? Well, never having seen one despite considerable opportunity tends to colour one's perception. As for the bible, okay...but what about the Qu'ran? Tibetan Book of the Dead? Kama Sutra? Collected works of Shakespeare? Mad Comics?
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 19
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 10/30/2009 3:05:51 PM
VoidDancer you are so right on. Namaste (11:11) :)
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 20
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 10/30/2009 4:05:19 PM
Sometimes we have to suffer fools.
 msquared
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 10/30/2009 5:23:42 PM

This is why in media, video and movies we get this evil alien disinformation … The Star nations are not evil at all. We humans have psychopaths as leaders and people with great wealth and influence all pretending to be goodie two shoes. They may fool you, but will never fool me.

I must confess. I am the insidious force behind all the anti-alien propaganda. It is my revenge for having watched the pilot episode of the tv show Meego.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 22
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 11/6/2009 11:44:15 PM

The truth is stranger than fiction …

You said a mouthful my friend. I hope I live to see it. What a day that will be.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 23
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 11/7/2009 2:58:57 PM

It does seem disclosure is close …

And like predictions of doomsday, the date is always pushed back.

The last thing the cabal want is to lose control of this planet and their slaves.

Let's see, you have the freedom to come and go as you please, you can go to any store and buy food without waiting in long lines, there are no stormtroopers on every street corner, you have have freedom of speech - as is clear on these forums - It scares me to think what you people think of as "freedom."
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 24
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 11/8/2009 2:56:42 PM
Indeed the Mayans (and several other cultures) weren't predicting the end of the world in 2012, but rather the transition from the 4th to the 5th. Hang on 'cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride :)
 stargazer1000
Msg: 25
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 11/8/2009 4:16:48 PM
There really is no debating people's religion, is there.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 11/8/2009 4:21:30 PM

There really is no debating people's religion, is there.
No.

That's why the best course is just to be pluralistic, and validate everyone's system of belief.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 27
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 11/8/2009 8:41:13 PM

That's why the best course is just to be pluralistic, and validate everyone's system of belief.

When the stubborn adherence to ignorance is regarded as having some kind of nobility and is even fought for, despite efforts to provide actual information, then it begs an important question...Which is the bigger fool? The one who argues for their ignorance or the one who rails pointlessly against it?
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 28
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 11/10/2009 12:00:37 PM
Even the pope is aware of this coming phenomena. That's why the church revised their thinking about ETs saying that if life does exist on other worlds, they too are gods creations. They're hedging their bets.

http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/dulce_book.htm

What's interesting is that the military denied having any equipment that could make tunnels that large....that is, until a photo surfaces of the "Dulce Digger"

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt150/Bluesman2008/DulceDigger.jpg?t=1257883166
 stargazer1000
Msg: 29
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 11/10/2009 1:17:40 PM

What's interesting is that the military denied having any equipment that could make tunnels that large....that is, until a photo surfaces of the "Dulce Digger"

What, you mean this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunnel_boring_machine

Wow. You've really blown the roof off that one bluesman.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 30
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 11/11/2009 9:57:10 AM
NASA has an article out saying that there will be no killer asteroids coming, no planet X or Nibaru coming and no massive human wipe out. It is called; “NASA on a crusade to debunk 2012 apocalypse myths … well they are correct, but, they lie as well and don’t appear to have any intention of protecting this planet or humanity from these kind of events. Very sad, but unfortunately true.

Actually, very wrong and your belief in such BS truly IS very sad.

There are working groups within NASA as well as outside the organization studying the best ways to divert an asteroid, given enough time. For actual real information on such matters, I'd suggest looking up such efforts as Spacewatch, Sloan Digital Sky Survey, LINEAR and the B612 Foundation.

Oh, that's right. They're "them," dedicated to misinformation, blah, blah, blah! Again..calling BS!

Before making such obviously wrong statements, you might want to actually study what it is you're talking about first. Face facts, this quasi-religious "Star Nations, space brothers" BS is about abdication of personal responsible. After all, if some great saviour is coming from the sky, then I don't really have to invest any effort into making this a better world now, do I!

Spare me!
 stargazer1000
Msg: 31
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 11/11/2009 10:41:03 AM

As far as the asteroid goes … this I know for 100% sure it took place. I was informed about 6 months before hand that it was approaching and would be like a appoculiptic event if it was allowed to stay on course

The "asteroid" was a 3-meter wide piece of rock. We get those once every few years anyway. If it had of hit the ocean, it would have made a splash. Hardly Apocalyptic! The Tunguska impactor was likely the size of a two-car garage. A regional impactor, not an end of the world thing.

The reason why NASA is tackling this 2012 crap is because a) it involves an awful lot of really bad space "science" and b) part of their job is to inform people about real space science.

Time to find websites that offer something other than paranoia and fantasy-based "information" about the universe and our so-called "space brother" or "Star Nations" or whatever you want to call 'em.

I have zero objection to anyone who doesn’t believe what I said … we are equally allowed to believe what we see as our own truth and I have zero problem with it … Just because you don’t believe it is true doesn’t make it false.

And that's the problem. It's not about "belief." It's about fact. What can be proved. What can be observed. The best any New Age space alien woo-woos have to offer is "I channeled this alien entity who told me all about what's really going on."
 stargazer1000
Msg: 32
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 11/11/2009 11:13:19 AM
In fact ..here are a ton of releases that come from project Serpo
http://www.serpo.org/releases.php

Yeah, looked through that website. Quite a few references to someone called "anonymous."

altho there are always those that unless you include the guys home phone # wont believe anything you show them.....

Well, that would help. Otherwise, the more skeptical of us might think that maybe...just maybe...the author might be "anonymous" themselves.

Of course, if you're inclined to believe whatever you read that agrees with your preconceived notions, go right ahead.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 33
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 11/12/2009 12:32:31 PM

Remember the movie by Arthur C Clark, A Space 0ddassy 2001 with the monolith? He had inside information…

Oy! Wow! One thing I find in these forums is that some people have absolutely no "incredulity filters" whatsoever. I bet someone could create a website about the existence of "transdimensional intelligent gerbils" and someone would lap it up in 20 seconds.

Actually, it was a movie by Stanley Kubrick based on a short story "The Sentinel" by Clarke. And, since Clarke was a science fiction writer, that would mean the story was based on Clarke's imagination and scientific knowledge.

Next, you'll insist that Ray Bradbury was a Martian.
 Sun Shine222
Msg: 34
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 11/18/2009 8:54:55 PM
They have always been with us.
UFOs in ancient paintings....explain that one. . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZ2xve0zzI
http://www.bibleufo.com/anapaint1.htm

UFO's are not new. In the Bible and other writings, chroniclers have often described a striking phenomenon which greatly resembles the UFO phenomenon seen today.
From these records, it is evident how these celestial being continuously bring technical logistic support to the Patriarchs, to the tribal chiefs and to the prophets. These celestial beings are often referred to as angels (from the Greek word angelos meaning"messenger"), or sometimes called the chief of the celestial armies or even the Master of the celestial kingdom himself. When these celestian beings contact the prophets, that is to say when they meet their chosen ambassadors on Earth, they travel through the sky on metallic clouds, or pillars of fire, or chariots of fire or other strange vehicles.
 LennyPane
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Ufos in the Bible
Posted: 8/15/2012 3:16:10 AM
I've read about this and it never sat well with me. Isn't it just semantics? Angels or aliens...
Well let's see... 'alien' would imply almost the same thing as 'angel' the only differences that come to mind are the fact that aliens are assumed to be solid beings in the same way we are, and angels would be more... transparent and probably more attractive. The next distinction would be aliens come from a material place, a planet, while angels would be from a different dimension which is what I'm
assuming heaven is thought to be by theists. I guess what I'm getting at is... Who gives a sh!t?
Either way you're believing in something fantastically unlikely...
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Ufos in the Bible