Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 2
Dipping sauces for steak. Anyone have a good one?Page 3 of 2    (1, 2)
Sour cream and tarragon (let it sit a while before using)
Sour cream with curry powder (let it sit a while)
Olive oil with tarragon (I love tarragon)--or add balsamic vinegar as well

I'm not sure what "restaurant-style" dipping sauces means, though. These are just a few of the sauces we use for beef fondue.

ARGH--now I'm hungry.
 Dovelett
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Dipping sauces for steak. Anyone have a good one?
Posted: 12/29/2008 10:00:00 AM
No offense but a great steaks NEEDS NO Sauce. Just my opinion!

Ribeye steak needs none either but some do like a horeseradish sauce.
 raxarsr
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2008 1:02:29 PM
get a soup bone or 2...........saw them into pieces if nessairy to get to the marrow.............roast them for 40 min aat 300 degrees....then cover ........just barely.with water....add 3 dashes of soy sauce.......3 of worchestershire.and boil.................remove the bones..making sure the marrow stays in the broth.....simmer till reduced by half......2/3 is better.............voila.....the best "au juice" you can get
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/29/2008 3:01:28 PM
Five star restaurants serve Steak Diane, Steak au Poivre, Steak Oscar, etc. I'm sure there are others I forget. plus, they wrap steak in BACON (ugh).
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/29/2008 8:27:26 PM
Well Heinz A-1 has grossed about 900 million dollars on this very concept.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/1/2009 2:01:36 PM
RK, let me guess--nouveau riche?
Ignorance speaks for itself.
AND, why you dissin' on Denny's, anyway? It has its place.
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2009 3:16:13 PM
..One of the pricier (read that "exclusive") restaurants in my area makes it a point to only buy "prime" beef, explaining that they're probably the only restaurant in town to go to the expense. They then serve the steak grilled to perfection on a metal plate heated to 500 degrees...with melted butter spattering off of it. That's the only thing that they allow close to their steak. I think if you asked for a bottle of A-1 they would probably throw you out of the place. Curiously enough...not a week after I had dinner there, I had another steak (same cut) at a local Mom and Pop restaurant. I'm sure they don't buy "prime" beef...but I enjoyed the steak just as much or more. I think they seasoned it before cooking...and added some salt right before cooking, something I doubt the pricier place did. Serving a sauce that is somewhat piquant would be just another way of enjoying steak. I don't see it as something that should be scorned.
 12fretz
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/2/2009 7:36:46 AM
paul newman (rip) has a steak sauce which is great..go to newmansown.com
also PETER LUGAR (great new york steakhouse) is great ..at harrys farmers market
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/3/2009 10:40:46 AM
^^^That sounds good except I think I'll try the soft green that are marinated in brine.
 RNretiredfirefighter
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/30/2009 6:16:44 PM
try montreal steak rub.
 mik1950
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/8/2009 8:34:51 PM

you must use these ingredients:

that sounds pretty final dude...yours may or may not be what the OP is looking for
 renovationist
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/21/2009 11:00:30 PM
Bacon is often used in cooking the filet because of the low levels of fat found in the filet. Filets also have low levels of marbling, or internal fat. Bacon is wrapped around the filet and pinned closed with a wooden toothpick. This adds flavor and keeps the filet from drying out during the cooking process. Traditionally, filet mignon is seared on each side using intense heat for a short time and then transferred to a lower heat to cook the meat all the way through. Filet mignon is often served rarer than other meats. Those who prefer a more well-done steak can request a "butterflied" filet, meaning that meat is cut down the middle, and opened up to expose more of the meat to heat during the cooking process.
Anyone professionally trained as a chef in ANY five star restaurant has wrapped a filet mignon in bacon. It's done worldwide. Since St Joseph doesn't have any five star restaurants (LOL) that's probably why you've never encountered this. As for sauce, it's a personal taste thing & restaurants offer it for variety (ie. different people like different things).
 MacGyverRI
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/21/2009 11:46:30 PM
Sesame ginger grilling sauce (bottled) is great and it's in the Asian section of most food stores.

Oyster sauce thinned w/ low salt Soy sauce is also good.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2009 9:27:33 AM
Last nite I grilled some steaks on the bbq. Salt, pepper, montreal steak spice. Gosh, that stuff is awesome!
Then used A-1 to dip it in. Not very original or creative, but boy was my dindins ever good!
 WaikikiWahine
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2009 1:58:15 PM
.Marc, I have always found that bernaise and beef go very, very well together! Sometimes, just a teaspoon of Dijon blended in adds a nice bite to cut the creaminess of the bernaise.
 Pyro74
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2009 7:39:54 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned a Port wine reduction. It's one the best sauces you'll ever have with a good cut of beef. Here something to get you started:
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1/2 cup chopped carrots
2 bay leaves
3 cups port wine
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Continue to boil the mixture until it thickens and reduces to about 1/2 cup, about 45 minutes.
Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and let cool. Use at room temperature.
Try it out and report back. You'll never need another steak sauce again.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >