Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 themadfiddler
Msg: 174
SatanismPage 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

First and foremost there are a few different types of satanism in the world. Today we have new groups who have emerged from the ashes of older, or past cults. The first is the ressurection of the Golden Dawn that is now practiced in California(last I heard, so dont quote me on it). For those of you who dont know who or what this is, it's a re-creation of the religion founded by the beast himself, Aliester Crowley.

Sorry this is, respectfully, completely incorrect. And Aleister Crowley was only a member...and was in fact expelled for publishing their rituals. He did not create the Golden Dawn at all and later incorporated it's teachings into his own order. And Crowley was never a "Satanist" but enjoyed being referred to as one by the ignorant plebs because it added to his general infamy and played well into his complete scorn of traditional religion, especially traditional Christianity of the Victorian English variety and it's stuffy morals, to which many members of the Golden Dawn and similar orders subscribed.

If you really want to know about Aleister Crowley, the best people to read are Robert Anton Wilson and:

Author and Crowley expert Lon Milo Duquette wrote in his 1993 work The Magick of Aleister Crowley that:

"Crowley clothed many of his teachings in the thin veil of sensational titillation. By doing so he assured himself that one, his works would only be appreciated by the few individuals capable of doing so, and two, his works would continue to generate interest and be published by and for the benefit of both his admirers and his enemies long after death. He did not—I repeat not—perform or advocate human sacrifice. He was often guilty, however, of the crime of poor judgment. Like all of us, Crowley had many flaws and shortcomings. The greatest of those, in my opinion, was his inability to understand that everyone else in the world was not as educated and clever as he. It is clear, even in his earliest works, he often took fiendish delight in terrifying those who were either too lazy, too bigoted, or too slow-witted to understand him." [75]

A complex and often misunderstood figure but no more a Satanist than Billy Graham.
 *sass*
Msg: 175
Satanism
Posted: 1/23/2010 6:45:06 PM
Mad:
Crowley was never a "Satanist" but enjoyed being referred to as one by the ignorant plebs because it added to his general infamy and played well into his complete scorn of traditional religion
Agreed, I think it also gave him a feeling of 'home' since his mother apparently enjoyed calling him 'the beast' and other such references to the spawn of satan.

Frankly I am happy to see that a thread on satanism has survived in this forum! Everytime I had seen someone start one before, they were always peer deleted.

As though discussing the beliefs of others would be inviting the devil himself..
 WereJaguar
Msg: 177
Satanism
Posted: 5/23/2010 3:44:44 PM
Anton LaVey borrowed heavily from Aleister Crowley's literature. Anton LaVey published his infamous Satanic Bible in 1969. But then again many non-Satanists were influenced by Crowley too. The Old Testament describes Satan as reptilian (snake, dragon, serpent, etc.) and not as the horned goat "Pan".
 xbehemothx
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Satanism
Posted: 6/1/2010 8:19:31 PM
They pretty much both ran hand in hand with each other and their similar philosophies. And generally whenever talking about LaVey, somehow Crowley is always put into the conversation.

I don't know. I'm satanist but I don't go around killing babies and sacrificing virgins to Satan. That's absolutely the stupidest thing that people generalize us with that.
 themadfiddler
Msg: 179
Satanism
Posted: 6/1/2010 9:06:57 PM

Anton LaVey borrowed heavily from Aleister Crowley's literature

Source? I have already given a detailed bio and history of LaVey and the origin of his writings in this thread and Crowley isn't really on the list.

The Old Testament describes Satan as reptilian (snake, dragon, serpent, etc.) and not as the horned goat "Pan"

Umm that's only if you're a Christian who's ignorant of Jewish symbolism...more importantly ignorant of Pre-Jewish symbolism as the story of the Garden of Eden is not even a Hebrew story but in fact is Phoenician in origin.

The NT is more apt to refer to Satan as a serpent or dragon. The Hebrew Bible only refers to "the satan" by name as God's accuser, and subordinate to His will.

Satan as an independent entity is a Christian myth.
 WereJaguar
Msg: 180
Satanism
Posted: 6/5/2010 10:19:29 AM
themadfiddler: In your post #133 on this thread you said the literature of Ayn Rand, Ragnar RedBeard, Aleister Crowley and John Dee contributed to Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible!
Although lacking a physical description of Satan, Satan is supposedly alluded to in the following Old Testament books of 2nd Kings 1:2-4, Isaiah 14:12-24, and Ezekial 28:13-17 and Daniel chapter 13 (Bel and the Dragon). Daniel chapter 13 was included in all of the King James Bibles printed between 1611 and 1629. We have already mentioned the serpent/Satan in Genesis.
 themadfiddler
Msg: 181
Satanism
Posted: 6/5/2010 11:36:46 AM
I don't mind quoting myself:

LEGEND: ASL wrote the _Satanic Bible_, his principal work, to fulfill his
congregation's need for a scriptural guide.
REALITY: _The Satanic Bible_ was conceived as a commercial vehicle by
paperback publisher Avon Books. Avon approached ASL for some kind of
Satanic work to cash in on the Satanism & witchcraft fad of the late 1960s.
Pressed for material to meet Avon's deadline, ASL resorted to plagiarism,
assembling extracts from an obscure 1896 tract - _Might is Right_ by Ragnar
Redbeard into a "Book of Satan" for the _SB_, and claiming its authorship
by himself. [Ironically these _MiR_ passages are the ones most frequently
quoted by ASL disciples.] Another third of the SB consists of John Dee's
"Enochian Keys", taken directly but again without attribution from Aleister
Crowley's _Equinox_. The _SB_'s "Nine Satanic Statements", one of the
Church of Satan's central doctrines, is a paraphrase, again unacknowledged,
of passages from Ayn Rand's _Atlas Shrugged_. The last words in the _SB_ -
"Yankee Rose" - have been puzzled over for years by readers. "YR" is
actually the name of an old popular tune in ASL's nightclub repertoire.
SOURCES: ASL, _The Satanic Bible_; Ragnar Redbeard, _Might is Right_, Port
Townsend: Loompanics (reprint), 1896; Ayn Rand, _Atlas Shrugged_ (Galt's
speech, ca. pages #936-993); "Yankee Rose" by Sidney Holden & Abe Frankl
(Irving Berlin Music, 1926).

Crowley was essentially "editor" of this earlier work which was allegedly channeled by Dee. However, LaVey applied his own imaginative but completely made up translation to the material with no reason for accepting its veracity.

While the name of all other pagan gods and goddesses have been conflated in the minds of many Christians as generic names for Satan, it is simply not the case. In studying the Hebrew Scriptures where no such separate entity exists and "the ha'satan" is an angelic representative of God only, other gods and goddesses are mentioned by name.

The Phoenician/Canaanite gods in particular became relegated to devils in the Christian pantheon: Baal became Bael, Asherah became Ashteroth, and so on. Any Near eastern religions text will tell you this.

2nd Kings 1:2-4 - Ba'al Zebub this is a specific name of the Baal or son of EL of the city of Ekron and they state as much in the passage.

Isaiah 14:12-24 - You have to read all the surrounding passages in context. Christian interpolators changed the name in translation to Lucifer to make it appear as if this was a reference to a fallen angel but in context this is a description of King Nebuchadnezzar and not Satan. It would be ludicrous to include a story of fallen angels in the Hebrew scripture as such a story does not happen...there is no rebellion in heaven in the Hebrew Bible.

Ezekial 28:13-17 Again, cherry picking verses doesn't work. What does it say in Ezekiel 27...26... This is to the King of Tyre. I don't want to waste a whole lot of time on this as there are EXTENSIVE rebuttals to be had all over the web and in the library as to why these common citations from the Hebrew scripture have nothing to do with Satan and are common bits of cherry picking by Christian interpolators looking to foist their religious ideology onto the Hebrew scripture...can't be done without extensive imagination, ignorance of Hebrew, and ignorance of the history of the text and the time, place and people for whom it was written...of course if you add all those things up you are liable to believe anything.

I say this with the greatest of respect and kindness, we are beating a dead horse here and unless there is some new information, let's let the bones provide useful fertilizer to the soil of the forums and move on, mmm kay?
 WereJaguar
Msg: 182
Satanism
Posted: 6/5/2010 2:17:11 PM
themadfiddler: I agree with you but I was just quoting what those evangelical Christians are always telling me. They say that wiccans, and many other religions, worship the Devil unknowingly but Atheists say something different. Let's switch subjects. Has anyone here made contact with Karla LaVey or Zeena Schreck? Karla LaVey's website seems to be down.
 capricornelius
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Satanism
Posted: 1/30/2011 5:51:00 PM
Yeah, I'm curious too. I don't really believe in the devil, but I've had an interest in satanism since I started listening to White Zombie in high school. It's a cool fad. According to Anton Lavay, Satanists don't worship the devil, they worship themselves. They believe in indulging in sin instead of abstaining from sin. I believe that it's unfortunate that we live in a world where doing whatever we want has consequences, which is why I say if you want to do something and the only catch is that the bible says it's wrong, go for it.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Satanism
Posted: 2/7/2011 12:39:53 AM

The idea from the apostle Paul is that where there is an idol worshiped, there is a demon.

God is worshiped as an idol.
 JP1111
Msg: 186
Satanism
Posted: 5/16/2011 8:14:24 PM
I for one am an Atheist as i don't believe in God. I do believe in leading a positive life based on my own values. I take it you do the same and are happy doing it, right? If that is the case, what “wrong” with that?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Satanism
Posted: 6/12/2011 9:05:28 AM
Satanism is no different from any other 'ism,' in that each adherent defines it themselves. there is no officially and universally recognized leader for ANY religion or belief system out there.
 sum1reel
Msg: 188
Satanism
Posted: 6/12/2011 10:12:39 PM

for your information, dont in fact "believe" in satan so much as believe that they can make themselves strong enough both mentally and physically to reach the potential of what people such as your yourself refer to as satan. Satanists believe in neither god nor the devil.

^^^^
then why the F...would they call themselves Satanists?....if satan is something they don't even believe in!.

the poster in msg #6 basically sums it up nicely when defining "satanists" (as noted below):

My thoughts on Satanisim? I think it is hard to take seriously. It reeks of all the superstition of organized religion, profiteering of televangelisim, and bad hygene of New Ager's. Satanisim even lacks the cultural conecttion to heritage like something like Astratu and Satanisim is nowhere near as intellectually interesting as atheisim or agnosticisim.

It strikes me as being part of a cheesy poseurish mindset, that is usually accompanied by bad fashion, bad music, and second hand bookstore copy of "The Necronomicon" and something by Ann Rice. Satanists are like Trekkies, Civil War reenactors or Renissance Faire people, just without the charm of being harmlessly geeky.
 worldtraveller74
Msg: 189
Satanism
Posted: 7/9/2011 12:29:32 PM
A/S/L On any female satanists, athiests, people who lol@religions of abrahamic origin etc and so on.
 alaskvarhehas
Msg: 190
Satanism
Posted: 1/22/2012 4:10:08 AM
Satanism is ****ing awesome! Hail Satan! \m/ 666 \m/
 NexisHexus
Msg: 191
Satanism
Posted: 4/15/2012 10:59:12 PM
If growing up is looking like a grown up parochial child in a suit to match the pew side donations/tithing ... then really who is authorized among conservatives and nonLaVeyan Atheists to complain about ageism upon Satanists? No one.

A person wants to wear all black and wear a Baphomet medallion on their neck. If this offends you , you're a narcissist. The world doesn't revolve around jesus groupy's sense of their ideal sidewalk scenery. The bottom line is our bodies are our own image and if there is a value to the christian religion it would have started the old testament " One day Abraham was wondering how he could get his wife Sarah pregnant' Once he had a child from his slave/ housekeeper Hagar, he was approached by a spook who said they would trade him better fertility if he chopped off his beef scarf". So he did. Later that year , he and his wife had a child and then banished his first mother and child on a technicality of not being married to them.

IS that family values? NOPE.

Additionally Hebrew has no neutral gender nouns. Moses flubbed the story. If Adam was made in the image of Elohim, than Lilith and Eve would be made in the image of Ruach Elohim. Its the stupidity of males to believe having an outty gonad rather than a yoni/ uterus identifies all things as a size element. No surprise they invented capitalism yet suffer erectile dysfunction in a society megadosing caffiene and alcohol.
To speak of juvenile's all this story telling is a summary of feeling optimistic of something after death. Those who use fearmongering of fear of hell are just way off base and akin to playground school bullies. grow up. Theres no trend; ya just don't know about us to be among to say, Ave Satanas.
 NexisHexus
Msg: 192
Satanism
Posted: 4/15/2012 11:11:42 PM

I think Satanism is the bridge between Christianity, and Paganism. That or Satanist's are just confused. I for one have absoloutly NO beleif in satan, sweety if you REALLY want to know this "Satan" of your's, look up my "Witches God" thread, I think you'll find it very enlightning

... If you know nothing and have no belief of Satan, you best please be quiet. Satanism has never been a bridge to christianity and your term 'pagan' as used really makes you look idiotic.

Pagan is the term catholics and christians use for nonchristians just as the jews referred to nonjews as 'Gentiles' and Baal and Baalat worshippers. Having said that .. you should understand that YOU would be called a Baalat worshipper AND pagan by Judeochristainity. I don't want to know why you think there's a bridge to be made between paganism and christianity , just that you've spoken ill of Satanists to protect your own rather milque-toast alliances with the Rule of Three. I Have no problem with Wiccan Citizens unless they are like you and portray others whom would be referred to as pagans, witches, satanic (antichristian) in a negative light. We do not need to be passive people to the sense of ' what comes around goes around'. We are not for waiting on a destiny against oppression or prejudice. The response is immediate and justified; to others and to you.

Satan is not 'owned' by the person you arrogantly conceit upon as juvenile. There's nothing Juvenile about the Theists Satanists or of LaVeyans who have both the Samael Principle and Lilith Principle. If you are unfamiliar with the Lilith principle , I suggest you also avoid calling yourself Wiccan, lest you be an incompetent woman who ignores years and decades, and centuries and MILLENIA of oppression. In the first century AD , Egyptian women had some of the basic rights that American women had to wait another 19 centuries further on to gain civil equality because of judaism and christianity.

You're confused Wiccan Enchantress . This to me is further work for a dolt that is mediocre at understanding the efforts the Human form of Diana would have to face over 3000 years of Jerusalem politics and another 16 dynasties of all the other pre-Hebrew religions. I have no interest in your page if you will not act like a sister. Hold your tongue for sake of your religion, not because if 1st amendment. This post is politically and religiously accurate.
 IVoyager
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Satanism
Posted: 7/6/2012 10:10:39 AM
(I didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if something is repeated here)

I'm an atheist, so Satanism as a religion has absolutely nothing for me. However out of curiosity I did real LaVey's Satanic Bible, and though I laugh at the 'magick' portion, a lot of his ideals and what he had to say in general were things I found myself agreeing with.
 Tatsforfun1
Msg: 194
It is my time.
Posted: 7/15/2012 7:25:17 PM
As the world burns you will see me. You may call my name and I will answer. I only ask that you remember my face for when the time comes. Use the technology at your fingertips for your benecit. Understand the need for the salvation I will bring. Realize that you are all ny toys, in which i make break and repair at my discretion. As you slumber, I will visit you. As you sie i will guide you. As you live, I and only I will love you.
 ronin2167
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Satanism
Posted: 9/9/2012 10:54:26 PM
Philosophy and spirituality without the religious dogma. It's pretty much to each their own. Everyone approaches it in their own way. There is no one path with rules and limitations.
 licketyslitz
Msg: 196
Satanism
Posted: 11/2/2012 2:06:38 PM
There is another type of Satanist people always seem to forget about. I call it Masonic Satanism as put forth in this paragraph by Albert Pike in his book "Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry"

“The true name of Satan, the Kabalists say, is that of Yahveh reversed; for Satan is not a black God, but the negation of God. The Devil is the personification of Atheism or Idolatry. For the Initiates, this is not a person, but a force, created for good, but which may serve for evil. It is the instrument of Liberty or free will. They represent this Force, which presides over the physical generation, under the mythologic and horned form of the God Pan; thence the he-goat of the Sabbat, brother of the Ancient Serpent, and the light bearer or Phosphor, of which the poets have made the false Lucifer of the legend.”
- Albert Pike “Morals and Dogma“ Ancient and Accepted Rite of Free Masonry written and published in 1871. Plagiarized from Eliphas Levi's "History of Magic" published in 1860.

Masonic Satanist often identify with Allister Crowley and Thelema.Crowley and his OTO are related to masonry.We believe in the phrase from Crowley's Book of the law which states "Do what thy wilt is the whole of the law" This is often misinterpreted to mean you can do what ever in the hell you want.This is a misunderstanding.The real meaning is closer to a belief that man has grown up enough to make his own decisions and does not need a book written by other men in the name of a false god to tell them what to do. Thelamites are encouraged to take this to mean that every person has a true will or a purpose might be a way of putting it that is easier to understand.We are supposed to figure out what our purpose in life is and accomplish it.As for what we believe.Most of us believe in freedom of religion first and as put forth in the U.S. constitution by our Masonic founders.Spiritually most of us hold a gnostic view of the universe.We are not reverse Christians.We see the Christian religion for the sun cult that it is.If you look at history you will see a long list of sun gods with the same attributes as Jesus often centuries before the so called "Christ". One of these God's is the Egyptian god Horus from whom some say was Crowley's inspiration to write the book of the law. Thelamites are welcome to believe or not believe this which also makes Thelema a unique religion as we do not tell our members what to think or believe.

While most of us do not believe in any thing close to the myth of the Judeo/Christian mythology we will often exploit it and we hold the symbol of the myth of Satan close to heart because we do not see why the myth of Satan has been given an evil image when he is really a benign figure in comparison to his counterpart Jehova who is a false creator tyrant god that rules by fear and blood shed.This Jehova claims to be a loving and merciful god,but his actions show otherwise.He is prone to all things we would call ugly in men such as jealousy,anger and wrath.If you don't follow him he will set you on fire and burn you to were you feel extreme pain for ever and ever.Damn that's a long time.This God also seems to condone genocide,rape,slavery,and child abuse if it serves his selfish purposes.Satan is condemmed for what reason?Having the balls to stand up to this tyrant and be a rebel even though it meant that he went from being the #2 guy to forever being burned with all the sinners in this never ending torture chamber made by this all loving Jehova known as hell.I do believe in a creator God much like the grand architect of freemasonry and much like "THE FORCE" from the star wars movies.The name I choose to give this force is Satan!
 showdude
Msg: 197
Satanism
Posted: 11/7/2012 12:36:03 PM
looking to chat with someone who's well versed in Satanism or wanting to learn everything there is to know about the art of withcraft...whether it be black or white magic...i am an individual who is totally open to the idea and practices it entails
 chris8588
Msg: 198
Satanism
Posted: 3/3/2013 6:28:11 PM
THIS IS SOMETHING IM LOOKING FOR IM LOOKING FOR A SATANICALLY INCLINED WOMAN TO SHARE MYSELF WITH IM INTO BLACK METAL MUSIC AS WELLAS THE OCCULT AND ALL THE FORCES OV DARKNESS WHICH SURROUND US I WORK FOR THE ORDER CATHEDRAL OF THE BLACK GOAT MY PAGE IS ON FACE BOOK AT CHRISTOPHER.THAYER IF INTERESTED HIT ME BACK ILL BE WAITIN..
 Warren1725
Msg: 199
Satanism
Posted: 8/25/2014 8:55:39 AM
I am a Satanist and i love every mintue of it , i am currenting reading my Satanic Bible and i have never felt more in touch with ny self then i have in years , Satanism is one of the best reglions out there , you are the highest power and don't hve to follow the stupid Right-handed path you can follow the Left-handed path and make your own!
 3rdmediumfish
Msg: 200
Satan denounces Humans evil atrocities - sins no longer the fault of Satan
Posted: 1/31/2015 8:01:38 PM
Satan denounces Humans evil atrocities - sins no longer the fault of Satan

Given that most people interpreted it all wrong, Satan is rolling his eyes at most of his followers.
"They got it all wrong",
Satan was recorded as stating on 'Hell on Earth' News channel yesterday.

Satan went further on to say,
"The idiots who wrote that Satanist Bible have me all figured out wrong.
Just cause I have some past differences and unsettled business with God does not means that I would have suggested to nor condone being an a$$hole or beyotch, as a way to live your life."

Satan further told 'Hell on Earth' News channel that he would be coming out with his own book soon
and that it would be on sale the day that Oprah interviews him on her own special TV appearance offered free and live on the Internet.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >