Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mthomjmark
Msg: 46
The Day After the First DatePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

The Op ego is now totally crushed, she left the date last night thinking "I killed it, he wants me bad". Then she spend the rest of the night thinking of ways to let the poor love sick guy down easy. Now she wakes up to that e-mail and it's like WTH!!!! Now she has to reevaluate everything.

Now she wants to get another chance to make sure the guy is hooked before dumping him. It's all just a ego stroke to the OP, nothing more, she could care less about this guy.

He didn't get up on the wrong side of the bed; he's right on; I think the OP's ego was beat up and she wanted to be chased whether she wanted him or not.

karma is a bad thing to mess with.
 kpooks
Msg: 47
view profile
History
The Day After the First Date
Posted: 4/30/2009 8:03:41 AM
You mean "asked you about"...at the end of the date as opposed to an e-mail?

I dunno, sounds like he did the right thing to me! And he merely confirmed what you were already feeling! He's a man among men.
 injeanious
Msg: 48
The Day After the First Date
Posted: 5/1/2009 10:06:29 AM
I had this happen once after I went out with someone a few times. I actually was distracted on that particular date and was holding back when he was kissing me, because I was meeting someone else that week that I had been talking to and didn't want to lead him on until I knew I wanted to move forward with him. I actually did like him. He emailed and told me he sensed I wasnt interested and basically "let me off the hook." It really turned me off that he made an assumption without asking or without just simply asking me out again and giving me the opportunity to say no if I wasn't interesed. I ended up not making it past the first date with the other guy so I would have wanted to move forward with this guy if he hadn't done that. Its hard enough to meet people, it does seem like with online dating people make quick assumptions sometimes and don't give enough of a chance.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >