Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 50
Hands up and all say 'aye' if you are Irish and believe that means we are a unique race ..Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Average white male do not let the few influence your thoughts on ireland people. I have found them to be very hospitable when visiting ireland. Go to age gaps and you will see that it isn't only you they think they are superior to. It will give you a good laugh. Not engaging in debate doesn't mean you can't, it just means you didn't lower yourself to their level.
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 52
Hands up and all say 'aye' if you are Irish and believe that means we are a unique race ..
Posted: 2/12/2009 10:09:02 PM
Of course you are. That's whats so funny. I wouldn't want you any other way.
 SouthernGuy1960
Msg: 57
Hands up and all say 'aye' if you are Irish and believe that means we are a unique race ..
Posted: 2/13/2009 12:53:31 PM
A family member began a surname search and traced our family back to Ireland. Not sure how we ended up in South,Louisiana but I would like a vacation to Ireland someday. It would be great if I could meet someone with the same name and be related.I know I have family somewhere out there and always had a desire to meet them.
 ms rebecca
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2009 8:33:27 AM
I am sorry in advance to step into your conversation. I'm an American with Irish history on my Moms side. She visits Ireland every year. All the stories she shares with me about your beautiful country, the friendly people, heck, even the potato soup she can't stop trying to copy...makes me just about ready to sell my home and move there. Be it that being Irish is a race, or a culture, or how ever you decide to say it. I'm proud to know that there is just a lil Irish in me.....
Happiness to ya.
 stoowart
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2009 10:06:56 AM
Now i've heard all about this 'oirish art of courtship' many times...

Aaaaaah! Finally! and what a joy to see it in probably one of it's highest and most refined forms, ten out of ten grundy and average (where did the rest of the band go by the way? They were ok in the 70's i think)

I propose we all attend the wedding ceremony forthwith and without further ado so these lovebirds can get that knot tied asap and banter joyously forevermore in the privacy of the bridal bedroom....hopefully with the lights out

Honestly tho A man who knows how to hold a guitar really shouldn't show himselflup with a bad case of premature typulation like that it's just plain messy...sing to us baby, something with soul.
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/15/2009 10:17:25 PM
I agree with you ms rebecca. Every time i go to ireland my family wonders if i'm comming back. Who knows Maybe next trip. I like the irish stew myself. Southernguy 1960 look up your surname in ireland. My family has family reunions every 3 years. of course they are called Clans over there. Are the irish unique. Of Course, what else would an irish person say. But when you get two clans together and add a little prussian. It gets very unique. And by all means go to ireland and have fun.

I can just see MalaSam googling again.
 stoowart
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2009 6:48:16 AM
Think before you type? Where's the spontaneity in that? huh? HUH? ^^

Meh! I spend a lot of time in an online browser based game as leader of a spammy bunch of spartan tribesmen and women who comm through a multi-topic forum page .

I quit trying to regulate them and their manners and spam levels on forums a long time ago, find it much easier to watch, laff and join in really :)

Also, with it being a global game (750k+ ppl worldwide) it's actually built into the rules not to flame people for 'ropey grammar' and spelling etc as long as they can get their idea across then it's tolerated.

Ahem, so ye, don't always get back in time to edit the smaller points on my posts or bother myself with some of the errors, and sometimes 'gor blimey!' I actually make deliberate ones for conversational tone and effect...
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/16/2009 9:36:21 AM
ok, Why did they make the banana green? Does it signify not being ripe? looks like a dancing pickle to me. hmm Maybe its an irish banana.
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/16/2009 10:45:39 PM
perception. again!! a pickle? banana? cucumber? Whatever it is, it's a happy little bouncer. wonders why theres no leprechans? they could dance a jig.
 silentsteel
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/17/2009 12:04:50 PM
Irish are unique, but no more then any other group.
 stoowart
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2009 1:53:59 AM
Scary......I like it!

fe fi fo whatnow? I believe I may have had an invite...
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/21/2009 7:16:35 AM
Makes you think huh?? Ireland was invaded so many times that who knows where they came from. Sound familiar? I'm sure when my ancestors from Ireland came to America they weren't concerned who came from where. And to think i thought America was named after Americo Vaspucci. I wonder, did china need to be discovered? I do wish they had kept better records though.
 smudget
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2009 11:40:50 AM
I'm Scottish, Irish a few generations back and I could not be more proud of my roots.
 cissy1950
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2009 8:00:46 PM
I LIVE IN THE U.S. BUT WOULD LOVE TO LIVE IN IRELAND,

EVELYN
 jgshines
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/8/2009 10:13:18 AM
Gotta admit...... Always wanted to see Ireland. There seem to be more then a few transplants from there, here in the 'states'. Love to hear the accent. Living near Boston, one can only imagine how bad our accents are around here. lol Every year we hold the largest free 'folk festival' in the country in a nearby city. Its always the Irish music that makes me stop and stick around for a bit.
 Chiny®™©
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2009 12:26:31 PM

I think we are the only immagrants that are accepted worldwide cause we built your roads, policed your country, etc, etc, etc.
God loves the Irish!!!!

Hmmm.....check out a recent Aussie movie released on DVD called “Dying Breed”. The story’s all about the lives of “some” Irish immigrants in Tasmania, Australia. Its good stuff.

Enjoy.

marylouise
Msg: 101
Posted: 4/12/2009 4:54:36 PM
decendant of Michael Dwyer.buried here in Sydney

other decendants Mitchelltown Cork. Galway and Kilkenny
 31/2%
Msg: 102
Posted: 4/12/2009 10:47:26 PM
Miss Grundy, I am all Irish,but we cannot claim St. Patrick even though we patron-sainted him. He was Italian.
 pinupgrlz
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/18/2009 8:21:43 PM
My father was the first generation in my family born in the US. His parents immigrated from Cork while my grandmother was pregnant with him. My family has always been incredibly proud of our Irish heritage. The Irish are a strong, steadfast and giving people. Generous of spirit, friendliness and wit. My father passed away a very long time ago, never having lived to see his "home" as he called it.

I had the pleasure and good fortune to have been able to travel to Ireland with my family a few years ago. The minute our feet hit the soil, my daughter and I began to weep. We had made the trip my father and her grandfather had only dreamed of. Everyone we met was gracious and kind. I have traveled and lived all over the world, but the trip "home" will always be my fondest memory. While I am sure there are plenty of native Irish who dislike being part of the tourism trap and dealing with all the "Yanks" seeking their presumed heritage, this was not my experience.

So, I am standing proud (Yank and all) with a loud and boisterous AYE. Thank you all for allowing me to post.

Cheers!
 ShamrockSue
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 4:52:55 PM
Aye!
The Irish: the only nationality/race that everyone else wants to be.
 J_in_SD*
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/21/2009 2:11:17 AM

The Irish: the only nationality/race that everyone else wants to be.

Not necessarily.
 Downfallofparis
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/24/2009 1:36:25 AM
I'm Irish (now an Aussie citizen) my kids are born in Australia. It's funny but out of all my brothers and sisters I am the only one with a love of the Irish language and music and of course dance and yet I am the only one never to have been back to visit all the relies...doing that next year...yay!
 RebootLife
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/24/2009 2:30:26 AM
My mom was a Fitzpatrick...You can't get more Irish then that..........

Hey it's even easy to write the word IRISH..

Try spelling Scostish, vetimeeeese or Englash...Even they have

give them selves nick names like Limmy,Scotts or Canucks.

Cause they can spell it either...LOL....Get my drift ????

Yep green beer and Shamrock love ..thats the ticket...

and being IRISH if you got a problem with this post...

Say some thing againt Us and i punch you in your Ugly Face....

LOL Irish is what Irish dose.....
 greyingred
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:56:51 AM
The Scottish are the Irish who learnt to swim.

My mother is from Ross Common and my father from Perth Scotland. I was born in Oxford UK and was always too loud, too irreverant etc despite a priveledge pommy upbringing. I now live in Australia and ironically for the first time began to meet Irish friends. Most of whom within about ten minutes of conversation would state I had to be Irish despite my upper class accent. I fear they are right....or do I fear it? Not on your nelly, most of my friend that are my substitute family have Irish blood running in their veins.

Um,Irish isnt a race,its a nationality.

twenty years ago I would agree with you. I no longer do so. I have found consistently that the mad wacky wonderful, generous to a fault friends I have are all Irish in one form or another. Point in case. I was walking to petrol station with can. Aboriginal woman stopped and asked if I wanted a lift. We hit it off immediately, her gift of the gab beat mine. Go round to her house the same evening....laugh, drink, laugh, fall over, laugh, discuss literature, music, life, men, sex, babies and finally bloodlines....she has been a friend now for 10 years....my aboriginal friend has a full blood Mulluck Mulluck (Northern Territory) mother and a full blood Irish father. I would suggest that the culture breeds even selects genetic preferences and that takes a lot longer to water out than just moving country and a couple of generations.
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  >