Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > NYE Strat Style AFTERMATH (Photo) Thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 26
Mea CulpaPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
1 dance 2 dance 3 dance 4 well, i guess there should be more to that rhyme but, i dont know it LOL

George, let me give it a go:

(clearing my throat)

One dance, two dance, three dance, four!
Move me swiftly 'cross the floor!
If I get drunk and act the fool,
Kat's IMAGE EDIT is my tool!
In one fell swoop, I was not there!
With one quick click, vanished to air!
The bits and bytes won't follow me,
Through all of this eternity!
The wisdom of a prudent life
Can save us all a lot of strife.
For corporate clients may not hire
The "party girl" that you admired.

Sue-De-Nym © Copyright 2009. All Rights Reserved.

OMG, I'm a Poet Laureate! Who Knew?
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 27
Mea Culpa
Posted: 1/2/2009 8:35:57 AM
LMAO!!!!!!

I love it....we mortals are sooo not worthy of your expert prose, Sue-De!! ;O)

George....NEVER keep your opinions to yourself, darlin'! ;)
 ggirl68
Msg: 28
NYE Strat Style AFTERMATH (Photo) Thread
Posted: 1/2/2009 8:44:21 AM
Hi, just wanted to say I had a GREAT time and so glad I got to meet some new friends. Sorry I missed the after party but hope you guys enjoyed my baked eggs lol... Can't wait til the next get together cause you all seem like fun people.

Thanks to everyone's hard work on this party.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/2/2009 9:05:44 AM
Well, Rhonda is planning a St Charles or St Peters gig...and I have Jan 24th squared away with Jack....so those are the next ones! ;O)

And GG...it was great to meet you! I think the Egg Strata was enjoyed...it was almost GONE! I did not try any of the eggs, not even the Huevos Rancheros, which I want the recipe for! That was a work of art!!!
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/2/2009 9:29:25 AM
Kat, a good butler/manservant, always takes care of his misstresses wishes... LOL

Also the other evening someone asked for a copy of the Hot Crab Dip recipe that I served at the winery meet n greet in December. Please email me and I will send you a copy!

Hope you enjoy...

Huevos Rancheros
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2002

Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Level:Intermediate
Serves: 4 servings

Ranchero Sauce:

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup chopped white onions
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup chopped tomatoes and their juice
1 cup chicken stock
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 large corn tortillas
1/2 cup warm refried beans
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 large eggs
1 1/2 cups pepper Jack

To make the Ranchero Sauce, in a medium pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and bell peppers, and cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the cumin, salt, cayenne, jalapeno, and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and their juices and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the stock and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the cilantro. Adjust the seasoning, to taste, and cover to keep warm.
In a large skillet, heat 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 tortilla and cook until warmed through and just starting to brown about 30 seconds. Turn and cook on the second side. Remove, cover to keep warm, and repeat with the remaining oil and tortillas.
In 2 medium skillets, melt 1 tablespoon of butter each, over medium-high heat. Break 4 eggs into each skillet and fry until beginning to set, about 1 minute. Sprinkle the eggs with the cheese and cover to finish cooking, about 1 1/2 minutes.

Place 1 warm tortilla on each of 4 plates and spread each with 2 tablespoons of warm refried beans. Place 2 eggs on top of each tortilla and top with the warm Ranchero Sauce. Serve immediately.

Printed from FoodNetwork.com on 09/25/2008
© 2008 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/2/2009 10:50:08 AM
Man Servant Harrison....hmmm...kinda sexy! ;) I thinks me needs a foot massage!

Thanks for the recipe, Skip....might try that soon, minus the cilantro! ;) I got turned on to Charizo the night of the Journey Trib concert....a place that actually made it correctly! Yum!
 previouslyme
Msg: 32
Mea Culpa
Posted: 1/2/2009 11:38:26 AM
George, I hope you got a hug every 10 minutes at this function. Sorry I couldn't help you. Here are a few for today O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O ...

3 dots = infinity or they used to!
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/2/2009 11:59:02 AM

I got turned on to Charizo

I was not in the recipe I posted but you could remove the outer skin from the Chorizo and sautee it crumbled finely an then sprinkle it on top of the refried beens before you place the eggs on it. Would definantly add a great flavor! Chicken or Bacon also could be used I believe...

I will be your taste tester anytime you want to try it!
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 34
*chuckle*
Posted: 1/2/2009 12:29:10 PM
Thanks, Kat - although I adore Longfellow and Elizabeth Barrett Browning, it is the distinguished works of Dr. Seuss that influences my own writing today. His musings on the trials and tribulations of the Star Bellied Sneetches, versus those that had none on thars, has greatly shaped my political worldview.
 RaiderMom
Msg: 36
Skip's sausage
Posted: 1/2/2009 1:58:19 PM
I know my buddy Steve brought an egg dish with Chorizo to the after party! He made it last summer for a group of us at the lake and it ROCKED!
 previouslyme
Msg: 37
Skip's sausage
Posted: 1/2/2009 2:01:35 PM
I have a mexican lady that makes Chorizo for me! It is one of my faves! She has me so hooked on fresh mexican peppers I won't even touch the canned/jarred ones they put on nachoes and what not. Collinsville has several Mexican rest owned and operated by the Mexicans that settled there. I have tried several of the chains and "up scale" ones in St Louis, I still haven't found one that beats them.
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 38
Skip's sausage
Posted: 1/2/2009 2:20:32 PM
I want to thank everyone for coming out, but mostly I want to thank Kat. She's usually the one who's always on top of all the details and in all honesty this was her baby so be sure to throw your kudo's her way.

I had a friggin blast even if I was hard to spot most of the night as I was here there and everywhere! I also want to appologize for missing the after party, I was sacked out shortly after midnight as I had worked that day and actually came straight from there with name tags in hand, but from the looks of things the next morning in Kat's room I'd say a Hella time was had! lol
 Sunniedays
Msg: 40
Skip's sausage
Posted: 1/2/2009 3:36:10 PM
Kudo's to Kat and Shellie! Another great party!

It was nice to be able to go to 3 different rooms to dance. And that I did!

Happy New Year to all!
 previouslyme
Msg: 41
Skip's sausage
Posted: 1/2/2009 3:45:14 PM
Yes, I have grown other peppers before, and my brother in law did very well with a huge variety of them. Hopefully after I move out into the country I can do my big garden again.
 TheKidof72
Msg: 42
st teresa
Posted: 1/2/2009 5:44:37 PM
hey, I didn't let him in there, SIT (Saint In Training) Chrissy was suppose to be keeping the boys out in the hallway while I went in to get alcohol for them. I turn around and there was an Australian accent dude jumping on the bed. **** But you gotta admit, he was cute with that accent****
 Sunniedays
Msg: 43
st teresa
Posted: 1/2/2009 8:04:19 PM
Saint Teresa, I agree is really a saint. She gave me one of the best New Year's gift I could of gotten.

Sounds like I didn't stay long enough at the after party either lol. Glad all had fun!
 TheKidof72
Msg: 44
st teresa
Posted: 1/2/2009 8:16:19 PM
ok Cammie, what did I give you for NYE cause I don't remember. Was it before or after the shot of ta-kill-ya?????

***Now I am wondering what all took place while I was busy & ****

I am still going to declare that I am a no matter what I did cause I am blaming it all (well ok, some of it) on the alcohol.
 SwtButterfly74
Msg: 45
st teresa
Posted: 1/2/2009 9:55:30 PM
Wow teach me to stay away from the forums after a party hehehe.. As for the corrupting I would have to say that I think you corrupted sis more than myself.. she kept stating that she began the party Blowing(ballons) and Leighed( Hawaii leighs) 4 guys in less than 5 mins. Myself was still the that is, as Theresa says still in training.. I remained a good girl that night.

I did have a blast and thanks ALL that gave their time and efforts on making it one HELLAH of NYE Bash. Kat any time you need assistance on "blowing"(ballons of course) things you can count on the sisters hehehehe

It was nice meeting all the new fishies and partying with all those that I have meet along the way at the Fishie 2008 parties. I hope the new year brings us ALL, all the happiness that we can phathom in our lives.

P.S. Theresa.. no matter how corrupt you try to be I will always think of you as Saint Theresa
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 46
Mea Culpa
Posted: 1/2/2009 10:14:22 PM
Thanx Sheila!! but no i didnt.

So u owe me now LOL
 previouslyme
Msg: 47
Mea Culpa
Posted: 1/2/2009 11:32:53 PM
I can't believe it! Did the acculative total at least come close to what I gave you at Shady Jack's? You must feel deprived otherwise. I thought the female fishies there would try to make up for my absence! Please tell me they did!
 sctrrdr69
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Mea Culpa
Posted: 1/3/2009 6:26:07 AM
sheila, NOTHING could make up for YOUR absence, lol...
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 49
Mea Culpa
Posted: 1/3/2009 6:57:50 AM
Hmmm....shows that Tomfish posted last, but yet it is Frank....too weird....

Test message, Test message! :O)
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 50
Mea Culpa
Posted: 1/3/2009 8:01:31 AM
Yea, it shows that because i did post, but i deleted it after a few mins. LOL

Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 51
Mea Culpa
Posted: 1/3/2009 8:20:24 AM
glad all had a blast!! We did too, no pics to post though, I almost brought my camera; the most fun I had was watching the one guy in That 80's Band, mock play his guitar and lip sync, too funny he looked like he was on something!! The other fun was kissing my guy at midnight...he made it in time to enjoy most of the I think between the 2 of us, we drank an entire bottle of champagne; and I'm not much of a champagne drinker!!

Happy New Year everyone!!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 52
Mea Culpa
Posted: 1/3/2009 11:06:10 AM
This is everyone who is still signed on to the upload priviledges:
HarleyKat~
teach22008
loaloa
dawna1721
SwtButterfly74
TheKidof72

If you are UNABLE to see the upload form, try one of the following:

1) Make sure you are logged into the FORUMS. There are seperate log ins for mail and forums. If this does not work, try:

2) Log out of POF mail AND forums....clear your cookies....re-log in to POF mail AND forums.

This should take care of it. If you are on this list and are done, please let me know. I will then remove you. It seems the more people with uploading priviledges at the same time, the more problems we have with others logging in. LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > NYE Strat Style AFTERMATH (Photo) Thread