Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > true or false: the most beautiful people are sometimes the lonliest p      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 28
true or false: the most beautiful people are sometimes the lonliest peoplePage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I'm lonely "right now"......tap tap tap!!!!!!
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 29
true or false: the most beautiful people are sometimes the lonliest people
Posted: 8/1/2012 9:23:53 AM
Yes...attractive people get treated better..We dont have to throw ourselves at the opposite sex, they usually come to us.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/1/2012 10:41:23 AM
One of my friends is a 45 year old, knockout blonde, who gets online dates just about every weekend, and until a few weeks ago was getting regular booty calls from an off-duty cop every weekend. We were having a discussion about several things that were causing stress, and she actually said, "You know, it's really hard nowadays trying to find someone to have sex with."

I had to bite my lip until it almost bled. I'm not going to give out exact numbers, but the last time I had sex could be timed with multiple calendars. Sorry, people - loneliness is TOTALLY a self-obsessed perspective. I'm not going to get into arguments about quality over quantity, because some people's perspectives are frankly f*cked up.
 surfaceofficer
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/1/2012 10:46:08 AM
I've reached a point in my life where I've turned down more opportunities to have sex than I've accepted. If I were lonely, I'd have only myself to blame.
 OutMind
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/1/2012 12:23:00 PM
I have not seen any correlation between beauty and loneliness. If anything, I have seen that beauty attracts other people and if you are also a beautiful person inside, you are never alone, even when you are by yourself. In the other hand I have met some very lonely people that were quite ugly. They were ugly because they approached life as such. They did not care about their appearance, or how others perceived them. They are those that when you see them monday morning and ask them how was their weekend, they make a snide remark and say "It was okay" or "it was so so."

Sometimes that negative way of looking at the world can be masked by beauty, and we allow them into our fold simply because they are beautiful and allows them to get away with it.

My ex was a very lonely person. She was quite beautiful, but it was not her beauty the culprit but that she was bipolar and when she suffered from the depression side it took her down tremendously.
 LoveMyDog55
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/1/2012 1:40:57 PM

I've reached a point in my life where I've turned down more opportunities to have sex than I've accepted. If I were lonely, I'd have only myself to blame.

I can relate ~ I call it being selective :)
 Lynxx1337
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/1/2012 1:44:40 PM
I personally think I'm good looking, but I know I don't cater to every male's taste.. But the main thing I deal with is being told I'm too intimidating... Which is keeping me from dating often, but I guess that weeds out the unwanted ones right?
 colt8301
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/1/2012 1:56:12 PM

They were ugly because they approached life as such. They did not care about their appearance, or how others perceived them. They are those that when you see them monday morning and ask them how was their weekend, they make a snide remark and say "It was okay" or "it was so so."

Lol, I always knew I was ugly, I'm now just learning to embrace it, since I'm ugly I have to act accordingly.

On that note, I can't bring myself to feel sorry for "beautiful" people. They have enough breaks, if they are alone it's because they choose to be. Uglie like myself, being by our self was never an option.
 FisherMane2012
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/1/2012 2:07:51 PM
Completely true. As a beautiful person myself, I can tell you it's not all it's cracked up to be. I get hit on by loser women all the time, but never the good, attractive ones. Perhaps they find me intimidating. Sure these loser women are nice to me, but they just want to get in my pants. I'm beautiful and I refuse to settle! Inevitably, loneliness will set in. People are always complimenting my looks, but I'm so much more than that! I've sometimes gotten jobs that uglier applicants were more qualified for, due to my handsomeness. Sometimes, they even pay me more than they should! When I get pulled over for speeding, it's not unusual for me not to even get a ticket because I'm so pretty. Often, people try to win me over by being nice to me, buying me stuff, or doing me favors - but they are only doing it because I'm so attractive. Azzholes! Sometimes I wish I could just be ugly......well, not really.
 Lynxx1337
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/1/2012 2:10:35 PM
@FisherMane2011

I'm not sure if you're being serious and sarcastic.. Either way it made me laugh lol
 FisherMane2012
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/1/2012 2:37:16 PM
@ Lynxx1337

Side note: I'm also rich, which sucks for ALL of the same reason as being beautiful. Just take what I wrote and replace the words like "pretty", "handsome" and "pants" with "money" and "wallet". Beautiful people have it easy compared to folks like me. The beautiful AND rich get a double dose of all of that nonsense. No one realizes how hard life really is - especially broke, ugly people. Sometimes I just want to give away my fortune.....well not really.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/1/2012 2:43:58 PM
"Don't hate me because I'm pretty...."
No, we hate you because you're a prick/b1tch.

The Alpha (LOOK AT ME) attention-getters that do everything in their power to be the prettiest in the room, work SO hard to demand attention, that frankly they have NO CLUE what it's like to be ordinary after a while. They literally can't make it on their own anymore. They FEED off attention and STARVE for it when they are not getting any. They get bored instantly; get moody, and frankly get depressed over time. They're always going to be strung out looking for more attention, because it's better than being bored and lonely. It's pretty much the same as being hooked on a drug.

I have friends who are singers and actresses, attractive as hell, and have miserable love lives basically because there is nothing any boyfriend can do that compares to that 'rush' of applause they get when they are performing. Their answer is to keep fishing for the extremely wealthy or connected individuals that have a few dozen extreme hobbies that keep them busy. It's just replacing one rush with another. Nothing changes.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/1/2012 3:32:45 PM
I have known some beautiful women and I think they do have more challenges... much like those that are rich.

Many people will either envy them or only want something they have...

There are prejudices and stereotypes for all types -- not just the short, unemployed or whatever.

Everyone struggles, and it's a good thing to remember when you're faced with your own.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2012 3:50:11 PM
to paraphrase John Wayne

"Kid, life is tough...it's even tougher when you're stupid'.

Life can be lonely, even lonelier when you're ugly
 notreallythere331
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/1/2012 3:56:31 PM
The truth is everyone gets lonely. But somehow society thinks attractive people are immune to loneliness which isn't the case. I consider myself fairly attractive, but rarely have guys ever thrown themselves at me. Atleast not the ones I want lol. Loneliness is universal.
 lobo65
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2012 5:57:16 PM
I've had women tell me I am attractive, but it doesn't matter. Shyness plays no favorites.
 Serephena
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/1/2012 6:39:06 PM
It is in fact true, but the men throwing themselves at you, are not the ones you prefer to date nor settle down with-so in fact beautiful people can be quite lonely when they don't settle and decide to wait until they find the right one.
 soicat
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/1/2012 10:11:58 PM
Serephena - you know, you and Lobo would make a lovely couple...

Modesto revived this thread, and it's quite an interesting one. I think that the less attractive among us - alright, me - believe that their lives would be immeasurably better if they were better looking, but apparently beauty is not the ticket to happiness after all.
 cdg2688
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/1/2012 10:54:16 PM
hmmm...maybe I misread your post, but isn't assuming that most beautiful people are stuck up and all about "Me Me Me" judging a book by its cover? lol.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/2/2012 4:55:55 AM
Part of appearing more 'lonely' is that popular/attractive people like making their issues everyone else's as well.

I've lost track of how many 'princesses' post angry man-hating status messages and internet feel-good memes in Facebook. It's usually a quick knee-jerk reaction to a situation they are not familiar with - and most of us ordinary joes that deal with adversity all the time just sit back and laugh at how absurd their claims of 'pain' really sound.
 FishOwl
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/2/2012 9:10:09 PM
Physical beauty may be an attractor but it does not indicate a keeper.

Like getting a present. What's left after the wrapping is gone?
 THANATOSLIVES
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/3/2012 11:59:42 AM
I actually love the fact that I am ugly. It means I can say what I want to whom ever I want because I know that I will only impress over time. This allows me great freedom to walk up and talk to anyone I choose to. Have I gotten rejected hell yes. Do I care no. Why because there are more people for me to approach and talk to.

If everyone walks up to you, you then dont have to improve your social skills because others always approach you.
 alltrades88
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/12/2012 8:20:18 PM
well people tend to think your conceited or they think their to good for anyone
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/12/2012 8:38:24 PM
Actually...the people who look to others to keep them company, or can't be happy with themselves - and think dating someone is the only way to have worth are generally the loneliest people. It's all mindset - attractiveness has nothing to do with it, unless your mindset is a by-product of how attractive you think you are.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:20:44 PM
Some may have people chasing them for their looks and they often resent that. After all looks dont last forever and we need to have more to offer. I feel that the reasonably pretty or good l ooking person does better as they are more approachable and have more opportunities. If you are talking about movie stars etc they can feel isolated
as they are not living a normal life and can be insulated.

Also beauty can engender hostility and jealousy in others and again beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > true or false: the most beautiful people are sometimes the lonliest people