Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > true or false: the most beautiful people are sometimes the lonliest p      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 51
true or false: the most beautiful people are sometimes the lonliest peoplePage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Actually...the people who look to others to keep them company, or can't be happy with themselves - and think dating someone is the only way to have worth are generally the loneliest people. It's all mindset - attractiveness has nothing to do with it, unless your mindset is a by-product of how attractive you think you are.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 52
true or false: the most beautiful people are sometimes the lonliest people
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:20:44 PM
Some may have people chasing them for their looks and they often resent that. After all looks dont last forever and we need to have more to offer. I feel that the reasonably pretty or good l ooking person does better as they are more approachable and have more opportunities. If you are talking about movie stars etc they can feel isolated
as they are not living a normal life and can be insulated.

Also beauty can engender hostility and jealousy in others and again beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:22:21 PM
You dont really believe that girl was real do you? Why would she be on a dating site unless she is a scammer.
It may have been more than your age that was a deterrent and we know you like them young.
BrookfieldGentleman
 blueeyes2410
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/13/2012 5:42:40 AM
Brookfield, although what that girl said was rude, she is probably tired of men treating her like a piece of meat. This girl probably thought u were shallow, she gets those comments all day long. I think beautiful people want to be appreciated for thwir whole self, their personalities, their interests. It's the same with people who are ugly and get made fun of. Whatever happened to people appreciating inner beauty? Whether gorgeous or ugly, people get tired of being judged on their looks. This girl hears she is pretty all day and probably would rather hear that she is smart or funny or something for once. I know what she said was rude, but then again she's probably just tired of people being interested in her looks and nothing else.
 OutMind
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/13/2012 6:45:26 AM

i wrote:
"you are too beautiful to be real"

her reply:

"i'm real u ASS HOLE"

This girl hears she is pretty all day and probably would rather hear that she is smart or funny or something for once. I know what she said was rude, but then again she's probably just tired of people being interested in her looks and nothing else.

Excellent response. But even if she took it as a complement, it would be the same complement than 500 other men would have made, while she more than likely be interested in the one man that said something original.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 8:00:41 AM
'I'm real u Ass Hole'

That's an understandable response to some? Not for me.

Sorry, it's never acceptable to be so rude to people just because you're a little put out. On the scale of hardship in life, getting tired of hollow compliments is about a 2 out of a 100.
 blueeyes2410
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/13/2012 9:52:42 AM

but i might mention that she was one of those with VERY LITTLE on her profile. you know the ones where they have nothing in the about me section and in the interests it said modeling but a bunch of pics

Alright... but then the best way to respond to this (if you like the pics) is to start asking some random questions and try to get to know the person.

But back to the original topic that I didn't comment on..... I think ANYONE can be lonely, beautiful or not. It seems as though most people here are saying that beautiful people choose to be lonely. Not exactly. I don't know what I rate as, but I can find a boyfriend easily if I wanted to. I can go on dates every day of the week. I think maybe all of us can, but the loneliness comes in when we don't want to settle; when we are not interested in those who are interested in us. I can grab a guy off the street to be my boyfriend but if I don't care for him I will still be lonely. You can be lonely with a lot of people around you. You can be lonely in a relationship. Actually it's a lot more complex, I guess and hard to explain, but anyone can get lonely. And you can be ugly but never lonely. It all depends.
 grizzelda
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 10:22:23 AM
i wrote:

her reply:

"i'm real u ASS HOLE"

so what does that tell you?

It tells me that she didnt like being called a scammer and a liar by a total stranger. Your little experiment is ridiculous and it says an awful lot about you...
 OutMind
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/13/2012 12:12:22 PM

but i might mention that she was one of those with VERY LITTLE on her profile. you know the ones where they have nothing in the about me section and in the interests it said modeling but a bunch of pics.

I have to tell you that the above mentioned women, even if they respond, even if you go out with them, in my book are not worth the trouble. Why? Because they are annoyingly boring. They want to be cater all the time, entertained all the time, or as many may say "make me laugh."

So I have played games with them about spelling or like one that said that she was a stickler for men with bad grammer. I could not help it and indicate that Grammer is a town not a noun.
 ChocoMamicita123
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/14/2012 8:30:03 AM
I have seen something like this somewhere and people comments said that the reason is because most guys/ girls assume the beautiful person is taken or is stuck up and has a gold digger plastic personality. So they get prejudged for being beautiful.
Oh and beautiful people are "too much work" too then they get the "entitled people" that think because they have money they can get a beautiful person to be by their side or because of whatever else they have to offer man its a pretty sick world out there.

Also there were other comments saying that beautiful women in particular get hit on by jerks ALOT of jerks that just wants one thing from them. Same goes for the men they get treated like a piece of meat while most men may not mind that, we are all human and may want a little more than just physical action besides looks fade and we all end up old anyway.

In my experience men automatically assume that I am stuckup before I even open my mouth, and they all think I want their money. Then once they get to know me they like me more for me and then they tell me they just assumed I was stuck up er sumthin. Men think they can buy me this and that to bed me? but when I turn them down they cuss me out...for?
I am an independent person naturally I am more worried about what is in my bank account not in someone elses I can buy myself things this isnt the 1940s anymore. Im not saying its harder or easier for beautiful people but I sure am sick of people judging lives based on that.
 rec_diver
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/14/2012 1:58:53 PM
BrookfieldGentlemanTom: i just got a reply back from a GORGEOUS young lady who i was trying to compliment just see how she'd react as i know for certain that my age was a deterrent. i do these things to learn about women and their response.

i wrote:

her reply:
"i'm real u ASS HOLE"

so what does that tell you?

It tells me you sent a message to a fake profile.

Next question?
 rec_diver
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/14/2012 2:58:00 PM
I've dated some real hotties and their stories tend to be rather similar.

Most guys are either afraid to approach them or they just assume they're taken already so the only responses they tend to get are those mass emails from dating site losers who just send out a form email with bad spelling and grammer or just making sexual comments because they get a kick out of speaking that way to a woman because they know they'll never be able to really meet her let alone date her and screw her.

I've also found that the hotter a woman is the more neurotic they are, generally speaking.

That could be from being viewed as nothing more than a sex object for most of their lives or else there's a genetic link between beauty and flakiness.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/15/2012 8:11:31 AM

I've also found that the hotter a woman is the more neurotic they are, generally speaking.

Plus one for that note.

Whether the neurosis was brought on by hundreds of illicit messages online, or something within their own past history/baggage is anybody's guess; but many of them seem to be 'locked' into their own vision or ideals for a mate/relationship, and seem a bit more stubborn than 'regular janes' about changing it. It takes a thick skin for these ladies to stay online searching, but I think that can be as much of a problem as it can be for their protection.

A couple of the hottest ladies in my market - I've written them messages telling them they should really leave online dating because they've been active daily for years, and need to unplug. I get replies back saying 'Thanks', but they really don't get messaged much anymore. If I ask for details of what they are looking for, they got a little too precise.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/15/2012 10:38:28 AM

A lot of times the girls with really precise criteria are secretly desperate and willing to go out with most anyone if you're bold/flirty enough.

I found out from one of them they are pretty much exclusively looking for a guy to have a baby with. I told her even though I'm 5'8" my grandparents all made it past age 90. She wasn't impressed. I guess now I have to take 'Good Breeding Stock' off my resume... :P
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/15/2012 2:11:30 PM
I find it amusing that all of we ugly people are speaking for beautiful people. In reality, we don't know if they are lonely, desperate, snobbish, or anything else. We base these opinions on a few experiences and on stereotypes.

Note: the "we" in the above statement is an editorial "we." I am not going to make a blanket claim about a segment of the population. I don't know if the most beautiful people are lonely or not, and neither does anyone else in this thread.
 abmccray
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 2:25:02 PM

bad spelling and grammer

"grammar"

That one could come back to bite you if used in a different type of thread.
 Abby156
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 3:24:55 PM
I suspect most women hear the line the OP refered to. I often dont reply to such messages. I am more interested
if guys actually read my profile and comment about that.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/15/2012 7:48:24 PM

So I have played games with them about spelling or like one that said that she was a stickler for men with bad grammer. I could not help it and indicate that Grammer is a town not a noun.

Before one starts to poke fun at the spelling of others, perhaps that person should make sure that his/her own syntax and grammar are correct.

For example, perhaps the poster in the quote above meant "stickler for men who use correct grammar." If she were a stickler for "bad [sic] grammer [sic]," that means that she would insist on a man who used incorrect grammar.

The syntax is convoluted, what does "about spelling or like one" intend to convey?

It should be "indicated," past tense.

Towns are "nouns," or they were last time I checked.

I won't mention the lack of commas or the misuse of the pronoun "that" and the adjective "bad."
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 11:19:36 PM

It is as much true as anything else you could replace “the most beautiful people” with.

Such as:
Ugliest people are sometimes the loneliest people.
People without profile pictures are sometimes the loneliest people.
People who are rejected are sometimes the loneliest people.
The most arrogant people are sometimes the loneliest people.
People who have nothing else to offer except for biceps are sometimes the loneliest people.
Unhappy people are sometimes the loneliest people.

You get the picture.
Loneliness happens to all kinds of people, especially “sometimes”.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2012 8:40:03 PM
True. I am an example of a beautiful person who lives a very solitary life. I have no luck finding and mutually connecting with the right man for me.
 WiseBurro
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/23/2012 9:52:02 PM
No, the only true lonely person is that who has no smartphone.
 mizeat
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/24/2012 5:25:03 PM

its really funny how things work out in the end..it seems that many people judge someone based on their appearance and therefor it is assumed that beautiful people have the world by the balls and have the opposite sex just throwing themselves at them...however, do you really think this is really true?

Here's the deal with people who claim they are too beautiful to get a date and are 'lonely': Their minds are diseased. They want "perfection" to cure their insecurities/ own faults even though they may be gorgeous on the outside.

No one asked them out for a date and they're lonely because they are too beautiful = The guys/girls who did ask them out on a date weren't their idea of perfection to "complete" them so those people who DID ask them out and they declined are the "No One's" they are talking about. It's easy to read between those attention seeking 'poor me' lines.
 Purplethumb
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/26/2012 2:45:29 PM
You know what i think? Beautiful lonely people don't even know they are beautiful, because lonely people have a hard time thinking of themselves as beautiful.

I know that i had a solid 3 years of loneliness after High School...and every day i spent alone, my self esteem got lower.

Now, i know i'm perfectly average, but that could happen to anyone, even a super model.

Low self esteem + a mirror= self loathing.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/26/2012 4:11:44 PM
I worked at a truck stop overnights for a few years while I was in college. Sometimes the truckers' wives drove along. NONE of them were going to be fashion models - either the truckers OR their wives - but I couldn't help noticing - the uglier the bride, the bigger the rock was on her finger. I guess these guys kept upgrading their ladies' rings year after year because they realized they were grateful for what they had. They may have not been flawless stones in the middle, but it meant everything to both of them.

Loneliness, Depression, Anxiety - they are all SELFISH problems. The force you to turn inward, and ignore everyone else. Once you figure that out, and start being outgoing yourself - a lot of these issues just melt away. Personally, I think the 'beautiful' people keep picking others that are inherently selfish, and get exposed to those issues more often than most. Unfortunately, once they themselves become inherently selfish, there are very few people out there with the balls to tell them to knock it off and be grateful for what they have.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/4/2012 5:40:08 AM
yes...i'm very lonely..lol...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > true or false: the most beautiful people are sometimes the lonliest people